Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00

Read 5431 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00
      Mar 05, 2021 11:32:22 pm
      Oh f**k it I must be a glutton for punishment wanting to see us in the current state but surely it’s time for a change of tactics and formation.

Even Jürgen must be getting bored with the turgid sh*t since the start of the year.

We can probably forget about Top 4 and hopefully start to play some football at least that highly played footballers should be doing with their eyes closed, like making simple passes, running into space, taking on players, and heaven forbid forward passes.

Fulham should have beaten last time around and are no push overs, they are fighting for their lives so expect another roller coaster for those of with extended anxiety recently!

Need to forget about how weak the CB’s are it is just weakening the rest of the team dynamic.

Alisson

Trent               Phillips                                  Davies               Tsimikas

Fab

Keita                                       Thiago

Shaq       

Salah.                                        Jota
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2021 12:48:48 pm by JD »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      What's Next?: Liverpool v Fulham - Premier League - Sunday 7th March; 14:00
      Reply #1: Mar 05, 2021 11:37:51 pm
      Back at it Sunday and I expect Jürgen to change the team a good bit, for the sake of freshness if nothing else. Probably going to see Fab paired with Nat Phillips ( Klopp calls him Nate  :) ), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Trent and or Robbo rested in favor of Neco Williams and Tsimikas or Milner, especially with a Champions League match coming a few days later.

That should give Naby Keita a chance to start for the first time in a while. It might also mean Shaqiri gets a game. Same for Divock Origi. Not sure For how long Diogo Jota is fit to go, but I do expect Sadio and maybe Bobby to both be rested. I think Klopp hinted that Salah will be involved Sunday. So how about:

Alisson
      Neco Phillips, Fab, Milner
      Gini, Jones, Keita
      Salah, Origi, Shaq.

That team could beat Fulham, but of course, they could also lose. Hard to know what to think anymore, other than to back Jürgen to make it right at some point.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00
      Reply #2: Mar 06, 2021 01:46:58 am
      Personally, as top 4 is now unlikely,
      I’d like to see Fabinho back in the middle of the park.

Allison
      TAA
      Robertson
      Phillips
      Davies

Fabinho
      Wijnandum
      Thiago

Salah
      Origi
      Mane
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #3: Mar 06, 2021 02:52:58 am
      Just need a win to hang our hat on. We're up 2-0 in Budapest. If we get a win Sunday, we should feel somewhat confident going into Wednesday, xoming off a win and with a 2 goal cushion and all. Get out of there and advance and maybe be able to smile for a minute.

This season isn't over just yet, but we're hanging by a thread. Something needs to change. We need something to breathe some confidence into the lads. Be it a change in formation, form, or attitude. Something.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #4: Mar 06, 2021 02:53:53 am
      Glad kabak is out to be honest. Few other players I don’t want to see play either, bobby Gini and Jones all get taken out for me. I’d play a different system too. I’d try 4231.

Ali

Trent
      Fabinho
      Phillips
      Robbo

Thiago
      Keita

Salah
      Shaqiri
      Mane

Jota

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #5: Mar 06, 2021 02:54:58 am
      Glad kabak is out to be honest. Few other players I don’t want to see play either, bobby Gini and Jones all get taken out for me. I’d play a different system too. I’d try 4231.

Ali

Trent
      Fabinho
      Phillips
      Robbo

Thiago
      Keita

Salah
      Shaqiri
      Mane

Jota

I would LOVE to see that on the team sheet
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6: Mar 06, 2021 08:04:59 am
      Very hard to get excited about this game knowing the Top 4 is gone. Realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to have a chance, but it's a fight for a Europa league place were in now.

There couldn't be a worse time to play a relegation threatened team, they'll be fighting for their lives,  and we're showing no real fight unfortunately.
      Our players need to have some pride in the Jersey, and realise how privileged they are to be at this great club.
      Jürgen 100% needs to get Fabinho back in midfield, there's no point in sticking to a broken system.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #7: Mar 06, 2021 09:09:54 am
      Very hard to get excited about this game knowing the Top 4 is gone. Realistically we need to win all of our remaining games to have a chance, but it's a fight for a Europa league place were in now.

There couldn't be a worse time to play a relegation threatened team, they'll be fighting for their lives,  and we're showing no real fight unfortunately.
      Our players need to have some pride in the Jersey, and realise how privileged they are to be at this great club.
      Jürgen 100% needs to get Fabinho back in midfield, there's no point in sticking to a broken system.

Top 4 hasn't gone and we don't necessarily  need to win all of our games other teams above will take points off each other and lose points against other teams going to be a challenge but there is no way we should be throwing the towel in
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #8: Mar 06, 2021 09:10:28 am
      I just can’t be arsed with it right now, feel totally devoid of any anticipation

You know it’s going to be the same defence, same midfield 3 and same 3 up top.... with the same boring side to side outcome
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #9: Mar 06, 2021 09:17:20 am
      Thank goodness I'm at work so will miss this one. :f_tongueincheek: ;D

Surely we can beat one of the worst sides in the league?

Shouldn't be an issue even with all our injuries right?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #10: Mar 06, 2021 09:19:09 am
      Thank goodness I'm at work so will miss this one. :f_tongueincheek: ;D

Surely we can beat one of the worst sides in the league?

Shouldn't be an issue even with all our injuries right?

Actually in better form than us with a decent recent away record
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #11: Mar 06, 2021 09:32:57 am
      Top 4 hasn't gone and we don't necessarily  need to win all of our games other teams above will take points off each other and lose points against other teams going to be a challenge but there is no way we should be throwing the towel in

I wouldn't be giving up if I was a player, but as a supporter I think it's gone. European football is a must. We must at least make the Europa league, and hope for a Champions league win against all the odds.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #12: Mar 06, 2021 09:38:19 am
      I wouldn't be giving up if I was a player, but as a supporter I think it's gone. European football is a must. We must at least make the Europa league, and hope for a Champions league win against all the odds.

Know what you mean two or three wins on the spin will change everything but as you say at the moment can't see it just got to hope the returning players can give more a rest got to change that midfield and give Keita a run someone who can travel with the ball and also the best presser we have in midfield.  Jota will be a huge boost and  hopefully Fab into midfield at some point . 3 points tomorrow will be a good start
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #13: Mar 06, 2021 09:52:30 am
      Team I would like to see

Alisson

TAA
      Phillips
      Davies
      Robbo

Fabinho
      Jones
      Keita

Mane
      Bobby
      Mo

I don’t think Jota is ready to start yet
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Mar 06, 2021 09:53:34 am
      For me this games less important than Leipzig. Based on that my team, not what we will see, but what Id go with

Alisson

Neco    Nat  Davies  Tsimikas

Milner  Thiago

Shaq     Keita     Jota

Mo

If either Kabak or Nat are fit then in for Rhys

Start Jota, get him 45 under his belt rather then chucking him on in the last 10

Sounds like Nat is good to go
      « Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021 11:59:03 am by Brian78 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15: Mar 06, 2021 10:05:19 am
      I'd honestly shake it all up, 8/9 changes and see what happens. If players impress then keep em in for Leipzig.

Think I'll explode if we go with Fab at the back and the same front three again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16: Mar 06, 2021 10:09:08 am
      I'd honestly shake it all up, 8/9 changes and see what happens. If players impress then keep em in for Leipzig.

Think I'll explode if we go with Fab at the back and the same front three again.

Spot on

If anyone geys a chance v Fulham and they perform they keep their place

Sadly I think we can nearly say with certainty what 11 we will see again repeating it all over again
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17: Mar 06, 2021 10:36:31 am

I don't see him risking Jota from the start, so could well be the same front 3 starting. Has to be Phillips and Davies in centre half, with Fab moving up the field.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Mar 06, 2021 10:38:01 am
      I just can’t be arsed with it right now, feel totally devoid of any anticipation

You know it’s going to be the same defence, same midfield 3 and same 3 up top.... with the same boring side to side outcome

Good time to jump on the City wagon then.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: Mar 06, 2021 10:41:35 am
      I don't see him risking Jota from the start, so could well be the same front 3 starting. Has to be Phillips and Davies in centre half, with Fab moving up the field.

I think Jota, and thereore the team, get more benefit from starting him. Get 45 under the belt, or a bit more if he has it..Get him up to speed. This throwing lads on for 10 minutes to get them back at it I never get. You hardly get second wind in 10 minutes never mind sharpness back
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #20: Mar 06, 2021 10:41:41 am
      3-4-3

Trent     Davies     Robbo

Fabinho

Keita.                   Mane

Thiago.

Salah.           Bobby

Jota

Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #21: Mar 06, 2021 10:42:39 am

Start Jota, get him 45 under his belt rather then chucking him on in the last 10

This for me all day, give him a chance to make a difference from the off, rather than at the end when we’re chasing the game and he’s under more pressure to make the difference.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #22: Mar 06, 2021 10:50:08 am

As Bri said, you've got to get some minutes into him to get him back up to where he was pre-injury. I think tomorrow might be a good chance to get those minutes so he's a bit more ready for Leipzig which will be an intense game given how they will press and try to force the game.

Even if Jürgen is cautious over him, I'd still throw Origi into that front three to mix it up a bit. Just think it's madness to keep trying the same thing again and again and expecting things to change. Just breaking the front three up for a game or two might be what they need to get their arses back into gear.

Quick Reply