Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00

Read 5430 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,232 posts | 751 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Fulham : Sunday 7th Match : 14.00
      Reply #23: Mar 06, 2021 11:04:20 am
      Playing the same formation, with the same results, is like banging your head against a brick wall. Something must change tomorrow against Fulham in a game we badly need to win. Anything less than three points would be totally unacceptable.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #24: Mar 06, 2021 11:04:36 am
      I just can’t be arsed with it right now, feel totally devoid of any anticipation

You know it’s going to be the same defence, same midfield 3 and same 3 up top.... with the same boring side to side outcome

This. I'm fully expecting, sadly, another 1 nil defeat. I just can't be arsed with it at the moment, life is hard enough without the one escape I currently have just making things worse.
      I cannot wait for this season to end so we can reset over the summer.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #25: Mar 06, 2021 11:13:49 am
      Think Milner a cert and hopefully Keita and possibly shaq needs freshening and Thiago and Wijnaldum rested . Milner to skipper for me get some steel back in to this side we definately need him whilst Hendo out
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #26: Mar 06, 2021 11:20:33 am
      If we lose to these lot I don't know what I'll do.

Thiago, Gini, Jones, Bobby and Mane need dropping
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #27: Mar 06, 2021 11:20:39 am
      Alison

Trent
      Phillips
      Davies
      Tsimikas??

Fabinho
      Thiago
      Keita

Big Shaq
      Salah
      Jota

A nice well balanced midfield and 2 actual centre backs. Robertson badly needs a rest as does Gini

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Mar 06, 2021 11:25:55 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would drop Thiago, Wijnaldum and Firmino. And put Fabinho as cover to our back two.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #29: Mar 06, 2021 11:30:50 am
      If we start the same boring team as the last month then we lose, if Jürgen has the ability and interest in changing things then we can win comfortably.

I'd drop Robbo, Mane and Bobby, I'd play 2 CB's and Fab in midfield. I'd pack the midfield and have Curtis and Keita as attacking midfielders with license to join Jota and Salah up top.

In defence I'd play Trent/Neco, Davies, Nat and Tzimikas and have them sit a bit deeper.

In midfield Gini, Fab, Curtis and Keita.

Ie 4-4-2

Of course we won't though as we have a genius manager who believes we will magically improve at some point.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: Mar 06, 2021 11:32:12 am
      Very hard team to pick
                 Allison
      Trent  fab  Phillips robbo
                    Gini
          Milner       thiago
                    Keita
      Salah            jota
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #31: Mar 06, 2021 11:35:48 am
      Very hard team to pick
                 Allison
      Trent  fab  Phillips robbo
                    Gini
          Milner       thiago
                    Keita
      Salah            jota

No, we have to rest Trent and Robbo at some point, why else did we buy Tzimikas ffs?
      We are running players into the ground, more genius management
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #32: Mar 06, 2021 11:43:39 am
      Good time to jump on the City wagon then.

What do you mean?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Mar 06, 2021 11:48:15 am
      No, we have to rest Trent and Robbo at some point, why else did we buy Tzimikas ffs?
      We are running players into the ground, more genius management

He has had covid and injury
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #34: Mar 06, 2021 11:49:35 am
      It seems some you mad buggers are or have taken your eye off the ball, we are still in with a more than reasonable chance of a top four spot, so for me that is our No 1 priority, and as such I want to field as strong a side as possible albeit with I hint of a risk......

Alisson
            Trent Phillips Davies Robbo
                          Fabinho
                Thiago            Keita
                            Jota
              Salah                 Mane

Yes, yet another new CB pairing that’s the risky but, but this time with the excellent Fabinho in front protecting, basically what we have is five defenders & five attackers, I don’t expect Fulham to come out and attack us too often but we have enough protection if they did, but I want them concentrating on us attacking them and trying to keep us out,

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway so emphasis is qualification for next season, just in case we don’t go all the way this year, anyhoo, Fulham will come full of their London pride and think they can replicate the losses we have suffered of late, they are a decent outfit under Scot Parker however the league table doesn’t lie and we SHOULD be too good for them , even in our shambolic state, this run of defeats has to end and they will, starting on Sunday.

3-0 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #35: Mar 06, 2021 11:56:50 am
      If we start the same boring team as the last month then we lose, if Jürgen has the ability and interest in changing things then we can win comfortably.

I'd drop Robbo, Mane and Bobby, I'd play 2 CB's and Fab in midfield. I'd pack the midfield and have Curtis and Keita as attacking midfielders with license to join Jota and Salah up top.

In defence I'd play Trent/Neco, Davies, Nat and Tzimikas and have them sit a bit deeper.

In midfield Gini, Fab, Curtis and Keita.

Ie 4-4-2

Of course we won't though as we have a genius manager who believes we will magically improve at some point.

A back line of four rookie defenders...f***in genius that !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Mar 06, 2021 11:59:26 am
      Nothing wrong in  general with a bit of adversity. All part of the roller coaster of the game. This will be a tough match, Fulham was the game where I realised we weren't good enough to win the title this year.

Anything less than a win will end our interests in the top 4. Jurgens comments this week suggest that we might need putting out of our misery where thats concerned sooner than later anyway.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: Mar 06, 2021 12:02:41 pm

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway

That tie is far from over the way were going Billy.

Think its time to rest players like Robbo and drop others like Thiago Gini Bobby and Sadio
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #38: Mar 06, 2021 12:19:43 pm
      That tie is far from over the way were going Billy.

Think its time to rest players like Robbo and drop others like Thiago Gini Bobby and Sadio

Get what your saying mate but at 2-0 up if we fu**ed that up we don’t deserve to proceed, I was less than impressed with RB first leg ,I thought we were in total control aside from the first ten, anyhoo, I can’t see them putting three past us without us scoring at least one,

although our lads are tired they still should get ample rest between games this time of the season, I would doubt they have full blown training schedules each and every day as if it were early season, player’s will have enough in their tanks to play twice a week, three would be a struggle but two should be fine, also we don’t have the back up to drop or rest players without a drop in performance levels and we can hardly afford that right now can we ?

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Mar 06, 2021 12:22:29 pm

All season??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #40: Mar 06, 2021 12:24:52 pm

A back line of four rookie defenders...f***in genius that !

Against Fulham at home, yes it actually is, we need to attack, push them back and ideally score some bloody goals or do you see Fulham dominating possession and attacking us all game?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #41: Mar 06, 2021 12:27:30 pm

Get what your saying mate but at 2-0 up if we fu**ed that up we don’t deserve to proceed, I was less than impressed with RB first leg ,I thought we were in total control aside from the first ten, anyhoo, I can’t see them putting three past us without us scoring at least one,

although our lads are tired they still should get ample rest between games this time of the season, I would doubt they have full blown training schedules each and every day as if it were early season, player’s will have enough in their tanks to play twice a week, three would be a struggle but two should be fine, also we don’t have the back up to drop or rest players without a drop in performance levels and we can hardly afford that right now can we ?

Y  N  W  A

Yeah it's not like we've lost by a 2 goal margin at home recently is it 😉
      I honestly would not be shocked to see Leipzig knock us out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #42: Mar 06, 2021 12:38:25 pm
      Against Fulham at home, yes it actually is, we need to attack, push them back and ideally score some bloody goals or do you see Fulham dominating possession and attacking us all game?

No not at all but having 4 players who haven’t played in the same side before in a EPL game is dicing with death, there is no substitute for experience but you have none in your back 4, if Jürgen fielded that defence you would be the first to slate him, I’m all for trying different things but ffs we need players who know what’s expected and how to deal with it ?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #43: Mar 06, 2021 12:41:21 pm
      Yeah it's not like we've lost by a 2 goal margin at home recently is it 😉
      I honestly would not be shocked to see Leipzig knock us out.

We have for some reason performed better in the CL this season as opposed to our league form, so no I can’t see us throwing a 2-0 lead away against a side who were inferior to us first leg.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #44: Mar 06, 2021 01:13:19 pm
      It seems some you mad buggers are or have taken your eye off the ball, we are still in with a more than reasonable chance of a top four spot, so for me that is our No 1 priority, and as such I want to field as strong a side as possible albeit with I hint of a risk......

Alisson
            Trent Phillips Davies Robbo
                          Fabinho
                Thiago            Keita
                            Jota
              Salah                 Mane

Yes, yet another new CB pairing that’s the risky but, but this time with the excellent Fabinho in front protecting, basically what we have is five defenders & five attackers, I don’t expect Fulham to come out and attack us too often but we have enough protection if they did, but I want them concentrating on us attacking them and trying to keep us out,

Never mind the CL atm, we’re almost through anyway so emphasis is qualification for next season, just in case we don’t go all the way this year, anyhoo, Fulham will come full of their London pride and think they can replicate the losses we have suffered of late, they are a decent outfit under Scot Parker however the league table doesn’t lie and we SHOULD be too good for them , even in our shambolic state, this run of defeats has to end and they will, starting on Sunday.

3-0 Champions

Y  N  W  A

That looks like a decent starting 11 Billy.
      I don’t believe we are out of the top4 yet. Lots can happen from here on in. Should be enough for Fulham this.
      As for Leipzig. Two defensive blunders gave us two chances which were put away. We may have had one more decent chance, whereas they missed 3 sitters.
      It’s certainly not over yet. A win v Fulham would raise the confidence somewhat, but another loss, and we start v Leipzig under huge pressure.
      One other thing, if Keita is fit, drop Gini snd get him in.
      Gini is always reactive snd not proactive. He often looks like he doesn’t have a clue what to do with the ball.
      I agree ha has his good moments, but not often enough, snd as he doesn’t even want to be here, I think it’s time to bench him.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #45: Mar 06, 2021 02:50:59 pm
      More than one shot on target would be nice..
      Jota has to start !
      Put Trent in midfield coz he’s sh*t as a full back.
      Put Fabinho in midfield where he belongs just in front of Davies and Kabak.

Quick Reply