Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30735 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Fulham
      Reply #529: Mar 07, 2021 04:01:04 pm
      Jürgen said we weren’t prioritising Europe over the Prem, after that I can’t believe he seriously expects us to believe that. Anyway top 4 has gone, no way we will get top 4 now, as it stands winning the Champions League is our only hope of Champions League next season. Don’t know about anyone else but I’m not confident!

johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 994 posts | 68 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #530: Mar 07, 2021 04:01:28 pm
      My motm was Allison because he looked smart in his goalie  kit
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #531: Mar 07, 2021 04:01:54 pm
      having said that the pressure we did build ended with the substitutions

Thought we looked better with Fabinho/Trent on instead of Milner/Williams.

Very disappointing.  First 10 weeks of 2021 have been absolutely abysmal.  No two ways about it.

Gone from being unable to see us lose to really struggling to see how we will win.  Thank god we're not at Anfield on Wednesday.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #532: Mar 07, 2021 04:02:05 pm
      Worried we might not even finish in the top half at this rate, I know I said free pass n all considering the previous seasons but I think this is going too far.

We aren't finishing top 8, and better off too as we don't want EL next season when we are trying to get the team back on track in the league again.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #533: Mar 07, 2021 04:02:15 pm
      6 home defeats on the bounce... not good enough...

I thought the Boss picked the wrong team for this game...

Not even sure it's the wrong team selection, everything we did was wrong. No urgency, poor passing, not enough fighting spirit, big players going missing, poor crossing. It's just shocking watching us at the moment.

There is serious lack of belief around the club at the moment
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #534: Mar 07, 2021 04:03:44 pm
      Yup his tactics have gone completely stale.

If he can't rely on his heavy metal football with a 100% fit squad he has no other effective tactics to fall back on.

This is bullshit we haven’t played heavy metal football in 2 years the same period we have won everything at club level. He changed his tactics and approach to a more possession based game after Kyiv. This team is void of its spine has been all season those 2 at the heart of our defense today  aren’t even Championship level neither is Neco. Goes to show the lack of quality in depth then you look at the imbalanced midfield and two world class 100m attackers who can’t muster a shot on target.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #535: Mar 07, 2021 04:03:56 pm
      6 home defeats on the bounce... not good enough...

I thought the Boss picked the wrong team for this game...

Jürgen can't win either way,to many players on the beach or out of form and that starting defence minus Robbo for the Champions is disgraceful,if you shop in the bargain basement reduced aisle then that's what you end up with,just sell up FSG now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #536: Mar 07, 2021 04:04:18 pm
      Jürgen said we weren’t prioritising Europe over the Prem, after that I can’t believe he seriously expects us to believe that. Anyway top 4 has gone, no way we will get top 4 now, as it stands winning the Champions League is our only hope of Champions League next season. Don’t know about anyone else but I’m not confident!

Of course he’s going to say that.

There is absolutely zero chance of us winning the champions league this season.

Even 2005 we played better football in the league than this, we are championship standard at present, that’s a fact.

Give me a bit of Baros, Cisse, Biscan and Smicer over these lot in current form any day
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #537: Mar 07, 2021 04:04:51 pm

Yea pure bluff from Jürgen. Would rather he was honest with us and said the CL is far more important now.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 258 
      Reply #538: Mar 07, 2021 04:05:06 pm
      6 straight losses at home really is unacceptable.

We've become the laughing stock of the league. Roy Keane called us 'Bad Champions'...thats being kind.

Who care about that? Next season we definitely come back much better.  YNWA
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,580 posts | 391 
      Reply #539: Mar 07, 2021 04:05:13 pm
      I’ve just read  Man City have won 18 games since we last scored an open play goal at Anfield. That’s absolutely unbelievable
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #540: Mar 07, 2021 04:05:14 pm
      Really? Stop it.

Clueless? Have you not been watching us regularly over the last few Seasons?

Have a word with yourself please.

I could get behind the clueless part atm, the rest is just that dude hurting and talking out his ass, but I get it.

Klopp knows one style of play, and teams have the blueprint in how to stifle us. He's an amazing man manager, but tactics aren't his strong point. He definitely looks lost. Klopp doesn't manage to his players strengths, but if he has a team who can play his style he's an amazing motivator. Unfortunately this group of guys have run there race. There burnt out, older, slower, etc. Klopp won't change his style, so we will have to rebuild the team
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #541: Mar 07, 2021 04:05:34 pm
      Davies must have two left feet not to be able to get a game in that back 4.

Problem is even Robbo doesn't look himself - and Trent was dire when he came on.

Hard to explain.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #542: Mar 07, 2021 04:05:49 pm
      Thought we looked better with Fabinho/Trent on instead of Milner/Williams.

Very disappointing.  First 10 weeks of 2021 have been absolutely abysmal.  No two ways about it.

Gone from being unable to see us lose to really struggling to see how we will win.  Thank god we're not at Anfield on Wednesday.

Every Trent cross was terrible - the one decent chance we had towards the end was a robbo header that was cleared (world class clearance to be fair)

We are crap
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #543: Mar 07, 2021 04:06:33 pm
      Embarrassing and pathetic. As I said at ht they should all be ashamed of themselves  ... but they won't be. Mentality monsters 🤣🤣🤣 ... gutless spineless losers would be more accurate.

Time to break them up and start again. If players don't want to be here they can f**k off and take their sulky attitude elsewhere. You find more out about players and your team when their are bumps in the road  ... this lot have shown their colours. City threw the gauntlet down to them over Xmas  ... the press questioned us in the build up to the utd game when a win would have put us back top ... they did not have the heart to take up the challenge.

They won't go down as a great team sadly .... Great teams don't fold at the first sign of trouble like this lot have.

Its not the losing that's doing my head in ... thats part and parcel of life. Its the way these cowards have just downed tools and give up. Hiding behind injuries and whatever else excuses they can muster to try and cover for the spineless sh*te they are subjecting us to.

Pathetic. Well done to Fulham. Deserved winners.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #544: Mar 07, 2021 04:06:46 pm
      Get that Buvac guy back in
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #545: Mar 07, 2021 04:07:44 pm
      Its all pretty hopeless isn't it, i'm pretty much lost for words
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #546: Mar 07, 2021 04:07:49 pm
      I’ve just read  Man City have won 18 games since we last scored an open play goal at Anfield. That’s absolutely unbelievable

So much about this season has been bizarre, nothing surprises me anymore about whats going to happen in our games.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #547: Mar 07, 2021 04:08:09 pm
      To all those wanting Klopp gone, think about it.

If Klopp left this Club tomorrow there would literally be dozens of massive Clubs around the world who would be scrambling for his services.

Is that a manager you want to get rid of? Have a F***ing word with yourselves, seriously, it's F***ing embarrassing!

Everything falls on Henry for me, his refusal to sign a top class centre back has meant us sacrificing our midfield engine room to shore up a weakened defence. This has ripped the team apart.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #548: Mar 07, 2021 04:08:14 pm
      Embarrassing and pathetic. As I said at ht they should all be ashamed of themselves  ... but they won't be. Mentality monsters 🤣🤣🤣 ... gutless spineless losers would be more accurate.

Time to break them up and start again. If players don't want to be here they can f**k off and take their sulky attitude elsewhere. You find more out about players and your team when their are bumps in the road  ... this lot have shown their colours. City threw the gauntlet down to them over Xmas  ... the press questioned us in the build up to the utd game when a win would have put us back top ... they did not have the heart to take up the challenge.

They won't go down as a great team sadly .... Great teams don't fold at the first sign of trouble like this lot have.

Its not the losing that's doing my head in ... thats part and parcel of life. Its the way these cowards have just downed tools and give up. Hiding behind injuries and whatever else excuses they can muster to try and cover for the spineless sh*te they are subjecting us to.

I agree with the great team point, they won’t be remembered as a great team in the prem era (like arsenal, United, Chelsea and city), this season has tarnished that forever.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #549: Mar 07, 2021 04:09:40 pm
      Keane spot on

Hell be dismissed as a manc but he is right we dont look like we are playing as a team. I said in game that Klopp looked lost like he feels let down by the players.
      CT_LFC

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #550: Mar 07, 2021 04:10:05 pm
      Players have no one to blame but themselves. They need to look in the mirror and realize they are failing the boss and the fans and need to get their head out of their ass.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #551: Mar 07, 2021 04:10:31 pm

First sign of trouble? Since the Everton game it’s been nothing but trouble we’ve never been able to recover from the onslaught of injuries. You too can F**k off crawling back to the whole you came on. Had barely a presence on here 12 months ago when we were winning and you can’t be unseen since January.

Quick Reply