Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      8 (13.8%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (3.4%)
      Rhys Williams
      1 (1.7%)
      Nat Phillips
      8 (13.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (5.2%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      15 (25.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.7%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      2 (3.4%)
      Diogo Jota
      11 (19%)
       Fabinho
      6 (10.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: Mar 11, 2021 03:54:05 pm

Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30780 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Liverpool 0-1 Fulham: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Mar 08, 2021 09:09:14 am
      Getting back to our supposed support on these board’s, well it isn’t support is it let’s be honest, it’s not supporting our manager when your calling for his head, it’s not support when you are constantly and consistently slating him for everything he does or try’s or doesn’t try, it’s not support when your constantly putting the boot in for not playing this player or that player, some of you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves and ask , am I really a supporter of this club, you know who you are....

It is kind of ridiculous to start calling for manager's head isn't it? Yes of course 6 losses in a row at home is not acceptable, of course we're in a huge rut right now, but you're talking about a world class manager who has proven himself at every level. Not to mention a man who gets the DNA of the club and the city, I can't think of a better manager to get us out of this right now.

Having said that, we were awful yesterday though. Mo's mistake wasn't what killed us, we just didn't create any chances. We looked labored, slow, out of ideas and out of fight. That lack of fighting spirit is worrying as it's been there a while now. I don't think that it's lack of commitment from players, but more a lack of belief and confidence. That's harder to turnaround then tactics and individual mistakes.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #783: Mar 08, 2021 09:09:37 am
      Bring back Danny Ings! The type of player we need right now up front
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #784: Mar 08, 2021 09:25:31 am
      It is kind of ridiculous to start calling for manager's head isn't it? Yes of course 6 losses in a row at home is not acceptable, of course we're in a huge rut right now, but you're talking about a world class manager who has proven himself at every level. Not to mention a man who gets the DNA of the club and the city, I can't think of a better manager to get us out of this right now.

Having said that, we were awful yesterday though. Mo's mistake wasn't what killed us, we just didn't create any chances. We looked labored, slow, out of ideas and out of fight. That lack of fighting spirit is worrying as it's been there a while now. I don't think that it's lack of commitment from players, but more a lack of belief and confidence. That's harder to turnaround then tactics and individual mistakes.

Know what your saying mate but Mo cost us that goal, he needs to be stronger in that situation, up to then we had kept them out, look him not saying it’s great right now far from it, I think we’re fu**ed mentally the lack of belief and confidence is shining bright for all to see, and your right tactics or wrong ones plus individual mistakes don’t help, there is no easy answer to any of this, all we can do is keep trying, that’s it, basically go out there and try and do the best they can in this situation, it hasn’t been anywhere good enough, and no it’s not an acceptable state to be in, however, sacking your manager isn’t the answer, as some of the fucktards have alluded to, Support is what our manager and players need right now and we can’t do that from the terraces, so we do it online, we do it by hanging posters from fences, we continue to do it in internet chat sites and forums, we will come through the other side, just keep supporting & believing.

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #785: Mar 08, 2021 09:28:08 am
      No, for being an utter spineless heinous c**t. You have nothing that resembles the ethos of this club. Matter of fact your a unique degenerate I’ve met 100s of reds in person and online and you truly are something.

;D, where are you from again, you come across as a singularly unpleasant person, anything in your past bothering you perhaps?

All I ever do on here is post my personal opinion, I rarely follow the flock, quite often I stand up to a lot of abuse, if that makes me a coward in your eyes then its a very odd definition you have. As for the ethos of the club, I thought that was all about winning, sure its nice to have cuddly friendly togetherness, but that alone doesn't win you trophies, you need to be ruthless in top level sport and that means getting rid of deadwood, if the manager won't do that then you need another manager, or if the manager becomes deadwood.......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #786: Mar 08, 2021 09:33:36 am
      I wasn’t going to bother posting in this thread today because quite honestly I’m sick and tired of all the f***in bullshit , we are all supposed to be in this together, we are all supposed to SUPPORT our club through thick and thin, and this is a really thin time right now, so where the f**k is our Support?

We can all have opinions some of which we will agree on some we won’t, but all I’m seeing is vitriol, ott criticism and to a point even hatred,

Everybody on here has their own thoughts or ideas to what has gone wrong for us this season, we all know the main cause, there are no easy solutions to any of it, not even Jürgen has the answer, hence our continued downfall, there is absolutely no point in blaming individuals, this is a collective problem, and only collective teamwork will get us out of it,

Problem is that some of the aforementioned team are not at their optimum or are nigh on spent physically, we are still missing our key components & leadership, and together with no home support which we rely on for spirit and atmosphere has rendered us weak and easy to overcome.

I don’t blame Jürgen for trying a different set up yesterday, I only wish he’d started how it finished, Fulham deserved their win, I have no issues with that, but we did make them look good, we had our chances albeit minimally, and but for Mo’s f**k up it could have turned out differently, up to that point we kept them out, that may seem strange to say such a thing but considering it was yet another make shift back line it’s true,

The changes Jürgen made should have been made at HT, there was a different feel to the game when he made them but of course time was the enemy by then and it just didn’t happen for us again,

I mentioned yesterday that I think Jürgen may have conceded any hopes of top 4, I also think he doesn’t fancy Europa Thursday’s & late Sunday’s, I might be wrong here but I think he’s already planning for next season, even if it is without any European football, unless we’re reigning Champions, and I sort of get it, he knows he won’t have his best team for the remainder of this season, he knows it’s pretty much 12 dead rubber games we will only be involved in, so why risk any more Key components to further injury, so it’s possible we may see more starting X1’s like we did yesterday, but again is there method in his madness, is he in fact giving those who normally wouldn’t play the chance to show their potential, we will see if that’s true V Wolves next time out,

Getting back to our supposed support on these board’s, well it isn’t support is it let’s be honest, it’s not supporting our manager when your calling for his head, it’s not support when you are constantly and consistently slating him for everything he does or try’s or doesn’t try, it’s not support when your constantly putting the boot in for not playing this player or that player, some of you need to take a good long hard look at yourselves and ask , am I really a supporter of this club, you know who you are....

Brown 1
      Mmmklopp
      Weareliverpool
      Heimdall
      Probably a few others too, for me you lot are not supporters your Wums, fucktards, divvy’s who’s only pleasure is seeing us in a bad light, there was up to 25 pages of posters opinions on the game yesterday, but one of you waited until the game was finished before joining and spouting your sh*te, says it all for me that,

IF YOU CAN’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE’RE LOSING, DON’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE ARE WINNING  ! !

F**k off ! !

Oh you F**k off with your ra ra ra sh*t, for 2 months now I've been watching this sh*t show from our players and manager without even a glimmer of improvement, well enough is enough, I want change.

I support the TEAM as a whole, not any player or manager, so when I see a component which is not good enough then I want it changed, at the moment that component is the manager, he seems utterly clueless as to how to get us scoring again, let alone winning.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #787: Mar 08, 2021 09:35:02 am

No.

Too much of an injury risk these are the type of players we need to avoid signing from now on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #788: Mar 08, 2021 09:36:35 am

So how much greener is it going to be then when ‘Your’ new manager comes in, who’s it going to be then f***in smart arse, please enlighten us with you wisdom , ye c**t ?

I have no idea, but if you think we can get any worse than we are now, then you really must be a pessimist. Just to put it in context Liverpool football club had never previously lost 5 games on the bounce at home, now its 6!!! In other words we have never had this bad a run in our entire history and I'm willing to bet that we have had worse luck or injury crises than this at some point over the last 128 years!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #789: Mar 08, 2021 09:39:20 am
      Oh you F**k off with your ra ra ra sh*t, for 2 months now I've been watching this sh*t show from our players and manager without even a glimmer of improvement, well enough is enough, I want change.

I support the TEAM as a whole, not any player or manager, so when I see a component which is not good enough then I want it changed, at the moment that component is the manager, he seems utterly clueless as to how to get us scoring again, let alone winning.

So the first difficult spell we are facing under Jürgen you want to bail on him? After he brought us back to the pinnacle of football.

You don't think he deserves time to make amends for this season? If we're still sh*t a year from now then we all know he needs to move on but it's bit premature to want him out now no?
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,299 posts | 765 
      Reply #790: Mar 08, 2021 09:42:26 am
      The thing that seems worrying, Fulham looked far too comfortable and never looked in any real danger of conceding. Despite all the changes the same result, another home defeat. I fear until we have a settled back four, the side will continue to struggle and could eventually end up in the lower half of the table.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #791: Mar 08, 2021 09:47:00 am
      sacking your manager isn’t the answer, as some of the fucktards have alluded to, Support is what our manager and players need right now

this all day...
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #792: Mar 08, 2021 09:47:17 am
      Was the grass greener when we replaced Evans with Houllier, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Houllier with Rafa, YES

Was the grass greener when we replaced Roy with Brendan, YES

Was the grass greener when we placed Brendan with Jürgen, YES

So actually yeah, the grass is almost always greener when you are in a complete rut like we are now.

But with all of the above they hadn’t just won the champions league and league title (breaking all kinds of records).

Under klopp we have pretty much improved every season.

Out of all of the above only Rafa saddens me as I still wonder what he would have achieveded if he had other owners.
      The others kinda ran their course.

And put it this way, if klopp goes, who will be getting? Who is better? Will we be starting another 5 year plan?

Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #793: Mar 08, 2021 09:54:01 am
      I wasn’t going to bother posting in this thread today because quite honestly I’m sick and tired of all the f***in bullshit , we are all supposed to be in this together, we are all supposed to SUPPORT our club through thick and thin, and this is a really thin time right now, so where the f**k is our Support?

We can all have opinions some of which we will agree on some we won’t, but all I’m seeing is vitriol, ott criticism and to a point even hatred,

Everybody on here has their own thoughts or ideas to what has gone wrong for us this season, we all know the main cause, there are no easy solutions to any of it, not even Jürgen has the answer, hence our continued downfall, there is absolutely no point in blaming individuals, this is a collective problem, and only collective teamwork will get us out of it,

Problem is that some of the aforementioned team are not at their optimum or are nigh on spent physically, we are still missing our key components & leadership, and together with no home support which we rely on for spirit and atmosphere has rendered us weak and easy to overcome.

I don’t blame Jürgen for trying a different set up yesterday, I only wish he’d started how it finished, Fulham deserved their win, I have no issues with that, but we did make them look good, we had our chances albeit minimally, and but for Mo’s f**k up it could have turned out differently, up to that point we kept them out, that may seem strange to say such a thing but considering it was yet another make shift back line it’s true,

The changes Jürgen made should have been made at HT, there was a different feel to the game when he made them but of course time was the enemy by then and it just didn’t happen for us again,

I mentioned yesterday that I think Jürgen may have conceded any hopes of top 4, I also think he doesn’t fancy Europa Thursday’s & late Sunday’s, I might be wrong here but I think he’s already planning for next season, even if it is without any European football, unless we’re reigning Champions, and I sort of get it, he knows he won’t have his best team for the remainder of this season, he knows it’s pretty much 12 dead rubber games we will only be involved in, so why risk any more Key components to further injury, so it’s possible we may see more starting X1’s like we did yesterday, but again is there method in his madness, is he in fact giving those who normally wouldn’t play the chance to show their potential, we will see if that’s true V Wolves next time out,

Brown 1
      Mmmklopp
      Weareliverpool
      Heimdall
      Probably a few others too, for me you lot are not supporters your Wums, fucktards, divvy’s who’s only pleasure is seeing us in a bad light, there was up to 25 pages of posters opinions on the game yesterday, but one of you waited until the game was finished before joining and spouting your sh*te, says it all for me that,

IF YOU CAN’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE’RE LOSING, DON’T SUPPORT US WHEN WE ARE WINNING  ! !

F**k off ! !

A pick me post if ever I've seen one.

Supporting your team isn't just about blind faith. It also includes wanting to see the team progress.

If a player is not performing, he gets dropped.

Jürgen's not performing AT ALL. This isn't a case of losing three out of six.

This is NO GOALS at home in 2021.

This is six lost at home ON THE BOUNCE.

Don't tell me I have to blindly support anyone. When it's stale it's stale. People move on, this is life. He's lost the dressing room. They're no longer performing for him. That's as clear as day.

Either they go or he goes. Someone has to go or shall we keep going at this sh*t dire rate?

Someones head must roll. This is elite level football not a nursery with crayons and plain paper where everyone's a winner and will all get a gold star because trying is what counts
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #794: Mar 08, 2021 10:07:16 am
      A pick me post if ever I've seen one.

Supporting your team isn't just about blind faith. It also includes wanting to see the team progress.

If a player is not performing, he gets dropped.

Jürgen's not performing AT ALL. This isn't a case of losing three out of six.

This is NO GOALS at home in 2021.

This is six lost at home ON THE BOUNCE.

Don't tell me I have to blindly support anyone. When it's stale it's stale. People move on, this is life. He's lost the dressing room. They're no longer performing for him. That's as clear as day.

Either they go or he goes. Someone has to go or shall we keep going at this sh*t dire rate?

Someones head must roll. This is elite level football not a nursery with crayons and plain paper where everyone's a winner and will all get a gold star because trying is what counts

Hey if that’s your opinion, fair enough.
      Personally, I’m more leaning towards this being a terrible 10 weeks of results. Remember we were top at Christmas. So basically the results have collapsed for 10 weeks or so.

And bearing in mind what he has achieved in last couple of seasons, and adding the fact that he has had to go through personal grief (I won’t mention injuries and no fans as, despite being a big issue, is part of football atm) I am more than happy to give him next season at least.

I don’t call it blind faith. That’s what I call support. If the run carries on into next season and nothing looks like changing then I may think it’s time for change. But this man deserves time.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #795: Mar 08, 2021 10:36:24 am
      A pick me post if ever I've seen one

T He's lost the dressing room. They're no longer performing for him. That's as clear as day.

I love the guy and it grieves me to say it, but thats how it seems to me too.
      Weve seen it happen at other teams, Chelsea and Utd, and we thought we were better than that
      but thats my reading of it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,281 posts | 2834 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #796: Mar 08, 2021 10:39:59 am
      No we dont sack our manager, We 100% back him

But no hes not above being critcised he is a part of this as much as anyone

No this is not down to who we did not buy last June or July

No this is not down to injury

No this is not down to owners

No this is not down to missing our captain

No this is not down to covid and missing fans in the ground.

No this is not down to var

While all the above have factored in at various points their is no excuse on this Earth for losing 6 home games in a row and being 9th in the league. Fulham Burnley and Brighton among the 6 to beat us, come on.

No matter what 11 we have out it beats them. We are not scoring or looking like scoring. We are way off and none of us know if their is some other reason for that. But what we do know is what we see with our eyes. And if you dont let hearts rule the eyes you then admit that we are just playing.relegation standard football. Passionless and soul destroying football.

Systems not working but not being fixed, players way off whats expected..

So continue to argue among yourselves about this and that while glossing over the facts. Lads be in the transfer thread talking about Mbappe and Halaland, give over they wont play beneath champions league and we are way off that. And we are way off it because our players and management team are way off their level

Whatever the F**k has gone on since Christmas the form and results are unacceptable for this club totally unacceptable.

Those calling for Klopps head. I cant agree with you, hes earned more then enough time from what he has done for us to sort it. But to those who belittle those opinions ask yourself if it was Rodgers or Hodgson in the job would you be calling for their heads based on whats gone on? Or what if we had not won the league last year would this then become a reason to call for Jurgens head now? So as I say I dont agree with the calls but can weigh up their argument to a degree.

Leipzig is huge now. Win that and it might give the entire club a lift. Lose it and what then? Total implosion? Tools downed until the summer?

But I know this, if those players we have snap out of it, and our great manager snaps them out of it, then we still have enough about us to battle for that top 4 and be a danger in the European cup....so lets not lose the faith

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #797: Mar 08, 2021 10:54:27 am
      Penny pinching was always going to catch up eventually.

Trying to just stumble through without any CB cover meant scrabbling around on the last day of the window for bargain basement deals.

In the mean time playing our best midfielders in Defence a position not natural to them means Fab and Hendo getting injured, Hendo obviously now done for the season.

Also means a starting combo of Jimmy and Gini, that’s a duo to protect a lead and so it proved with zero forward thrust.

Glimpses of what Fab brings to our midfield in the last 15 mins. Breaking up play and incisive forward passes. Too little too late by then as their heads had dropped accepting defeat.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #798: Mar 08, 2021 11:04:56 am
      ;D, where are you from again, you come across as a singularly unpleasant person, anything in your past bothering you perhaps?

All I ever do on here is post my personal opinion, I rarely follow the flock, quite often I stand up to a lot of abuse, if that makes me a coward in your eyes then its a very odd definition you have. As for the ethos of the club, I thought that was all about winning, sure its nice to have cuddly friendly togetherness, but that alone doesn't win you trophies, you need to be ruthless in top level sport and that means getting rid of deadwood, if the manager won't do that then you need another manager, or if the manager becomes deadwood.......

I’m from Croatia lad did you forget all about your xenophobic outbursts and trying to portray all Croatians as fascists in several World Cup match threads in2018? I haven’t forgotten you daft f**k and I don’t see why it has anything to do with any of what I have said to you especially given your a foreign supporter like myself. You’ve long tried to create a perception on here as some high standing football savant that inexplicably and deliberately tries to not tow the party line and challenges the norm when in reality you sound just like an entitled egotistical c**t.     

You had a very limited presence on here  when  we were dominating and even then you would only pop back up at the smallest sign of doubt and uncertainty here you are now running riot after cowering for so long. The only other thing I can say about you which is a little sad actually that when In the mass euphoria and hysteria of Madrid I met in person for the first time with other users from across the world the little time we spent talking about LFC reds we all agreed everyone was sound and that you were the only c**t on here. For 5 adults to share the same opinion about someone on a day like that really does say something about the person. Don’t bask in it either the whole conversation lasted 15 seconds, your a pathetic individual my man.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #799: Mar 08, 2021 11:05:03 am

You chose the wrong club to support. Why don’t you go and follow Chelsea lad? They sound more up your street.

You really are a bellend.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #800: Mar 08, 2021 11:06:18 am
      So the first difficult spell we are facing under Jürgen you want to bail on him? After he brought us back to the pinnacle of football.

You don't think he deserves time to make amends for this season? If we're still sh*t a year from now then we all know he needs to move on but it's bit premature to want him out now no?

I disagree, he's had more than enough time to turn the corner here, we've been sh*t for over 2 months now, its not just a small blip of bad results!

BTW it doesn't mean Klopp is a bad manager but its happened to a lot of managers in the past and will in the future that they lose their way in a club but then move on to great success somewhere else, just look at Maureen as an example of that.

I honestly feel we have now reached the point of no return with Jürgen, we are in a death spiral.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #801: Mar 08, 2021 11:09:34 am
      But with all of the above they hadn’t just won the champions league and league title (breaking all kinds of records).

Under klopp we have pretty much improved every season.

Out of all of the above only Rafa saddens me as I still wonder what he would have achieveded if he had other owners.
      The others kinda ran their course.

And put it this way, if klopp goes, who will be getting? Who is better? Will we be starting another 5 year plan?

I'd actually be quite happy to get Rafa back for a few years until Stevie is ready to take over. I know some will scoff at that as I wanted Rafa out at the end of his time, but on reflection and with hindsight the issues at that time really weren't all about Rafa, it was the owners and the whole set up of the club.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #802: Mar 08, 2021 11:12:53 am
      Hey if that’s your opinion, fair enough.
      Personally, I’m more leaning towards this being a terrible 10 weeks of results. Remember we were top at Christmas. So basically the results have collapsed for 10 weeks or so.

And bearing in mind what he has achieved in last couple of seasons, and adding the fact that he has had to go through personal grief (I won’t mention injuries and no fans as, despite being a big issue, is part of football atm) I am more than happy to give him next season at least.

I don’t call it blind faith. That’s what I call support. If the run carries on into next season and nothing looks like changing then I may think it’s time for change. But this man deserves time.

Didn't Pep also lose a parent? If Klopp was so affected by that, which is completely understandable by the way, then he needed to take compassionate leave, everyone would have had full respect for that. To be a manager at this level requires 100% focus, if you are not capable of giving that then you need to step aside either temporarily or permanently.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #803: Mar 08, 2021 11:15:02 am

F**k me he would be perfect
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #804: Mar 08, 2021 11:15:22 am
      I'd actually be quite happy to get Rafa back for a few years until Stevie is ready to take over. I know some will scoff at that as I wanted Rafa out at the end of his time, but on reflection and with hindsight the issues at that time really weren't all about Rafa, it was the owners and the whole set up of the club.

😂

On reflection...🙄

You would be the first to turn on Stevie after a couple of defeats & then go on about reflection how it was never about Klopp but the owners & the whole club set up...

Quick Reply