Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leipzig?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.9%)
      Ozan Kabak
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      38 (35.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      46 (42.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      8 (7.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2021 09:50:11 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Leipzig: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16345 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Leipzig: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Mar 10, 2021 10:24:55 pm
      Very good performance and something that was very much needed. Hate to put a slight downer on a great night for us but I thought leipzig were very average over the two legs to be honest, border line poor, so I don’t want to get carried away or big us up too much. They don’t belong at this stage of the competition and we were barely tested by them.

Don’t get me wrong, we were very professional over the two legs and we can only beat whatever’s in front of us, but people will talk about Fabinho playing in the midfield and how it’s a must from here on. We all know how badly we’ve missed Fabinho in the midfield (people say it’s henderson but it’s actually Fabinho who we deeply miss) but put a top striker in europe up against kabak and they will cause us no end of trouble. The likes of Haaland and Lewandowski will drag that back line all over the place.

Moving on there’s nothing to say really other than it was just complete control from us and the only criticism is we should have scored more goals. I thought Thiago was on a different level tonight and for anybody who has previously wondered what he offers then surely they saw it tonight. Perhaps Fabinho was a reason why he played so well.   Keita also looked very good when he came on and it’s blatantly obvious there’s a big player there but it’s just a shame his fitness record is on par with Ledley king.

I also thought Jota had a good game and the difference of having him in the side over a stale bobby was noticeable. He made a couple of mistakes but he’s still finding his match sharpness. He was unlucky not to get a brace or even a hat trick tonight.

Shout out to Phillips who had another solid game. Got no problems with him playing for us, it’s more his centre half partner, who to be fair also played well tonight but as stated wasn't tested much.

Great to see mane on the score sheet which will hopefully give him a confidence boost because I thought he looked a bit clumsy before then.

Great night. Quarter finals. Bring on F***ing anybody but I want those F***ing rent boys. Getting a bit too big for their boots at the moment and need slapping down.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #438: Mar 10, 2021 10:25:36 pm
      Wow.we have a brilliant win and you show why you are the biggest tit on this forum.
      '

Look at you so triggered. And hopefully complete assclowns like you would understand that player cost has nothing to do with player quality. Nat should be a reminder of why you are a complete buffoon.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #439: Mar 10, 2021 10:26:55 pm

Great night. Quarter finals. Bring on f**king anybody but I want those f**king rent boys. Getting a bit too big for their boots at the moment and need slapping down.

Not sure who that is, but i want Porto though i understand the easiest draw is reserved for City.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #440: Mar 10, 2021 10:28:12 pm
      The problem is that he can't run. In a high line it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Agree but he's a beast in the air,never missed a header all night,outstanding.Thiago's best game for us alongside Fab,Leipzig couldn't get through them.Buzzing after that,bring on the wolves....
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #441: Mar 10, 2021 10:28:55 pm
      Not sure who that is, but i want Porto though i understand the easiest draw is reserved for City.

Rent boys=Chelski
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #442: Mar 10, 2021 10:32:05 pm
      '

Look at you so triggered. And hopefully complete assclowns like you would understand that player cost has nothing to do with player quality. Nat should be a reminder of why you are a complete buffoon.

Just celebrate the win rather than shouting your dumb arse mouth off,Philips was good but lets see him against Haaland or Mbappe,hopefully we get Porto then a biggie in the semi for VVD and Gomez to be back,then we will beat anyone.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #443: Mar 10, 2021 10:36:08 pm
      chalk and cheese performance tonight,  all the team played well, great to see Fab in the middle again, but in the centre def players, Kab is more cultured, but  Nat puts his head in, like an auld fashioned defender.  We can do with that in the Prem.  He would work great alongside any of our defenders.  Uplifting result, so happy tonight
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #444: Mar 10, 2021 10:36:12 pm
      For one match thread, let's just ignore the windup merchants. Good buzz in here just now so let's keep it that way.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #445: Mar 10, 2021 10:37:46 pm
      See big Divvy's maw is voting again......

And little does she know, that cross was a shot
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #446: Mar 10, 2021 10:39:54 pm
      Klopp post-match on Fabinho:

“I asked him afterwards: ‘You like the position No6 more than the other one and he said ‘Yes!’. He could not have been more clear.”

Think we knew that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #447: Mar 10, 2021 10:41:56 pm

“I asked him afterwards: ‘You like the position No6 more than the other one and he said ‘Yes!’. He could not have been more clear.”

Think we knew that.

Jürgen knew it too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #448: Mar 10, 2021 10:42:25 pm
      Haven’t been able to enjoy the footie since Dec so F**k it just cracked open the Japanese whisky 😁
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #449: Mar 10, 2021 10:43:04 pm
      '

Cost has nothing to do with quality? Maybe you should re- think that because it seems to me you have over stated the great scouting and great coaching approach just a wee little bit.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #450: Mar 10, 2021 10:43:12 pm
      Haven’t been able to enjoy the footie since Dec so f**k it just cracked open the Japanese whisky 😁

Have one for me
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #451: Mar 10, 2021 10:44:48 pm
      A 2-0 win with a clean sheet tonight, could not have asked for more. Now lets carry on this form in the league and start climbing up the table, also still in the Champions league keeping our season very much alive.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #452: Mar 10, 2021 10:53:06 pm

Think we knew that.

I think Jürgen was making a point,he knows Fab's best position.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #453: Mar 10, 2021 11:02:45 pm
      Lovely stuff from the redmen tonight and what a throughly enjoyable match, nice to be able to watch with some confidence.

Deffo the best move was having Nat and Kabak in the back and moving Fab into midfield, made all the difference to our play, good all round team performance, now let's kick on with a win at Wolves on Monday, go reds !!
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #454: Mar 10, 2021 11:04:07 pm
      Great win - thank you reds, thank you! 
      A win is a win right now, and sorely needed.  I thought Leipzig were very ordinary but we made them look it, and we should have won by 4 or 5.
      Not going overboard - there's a long hard road to the final, but damn that feels good!

Fabinho, Philips and Thiago caught the eye but I made Gini man of the match - a performance of sheer control, devotion and industry!  We're gonna miss that fella if he goes.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #455: Mar 10, 2021 11:08:43 pm

You dont know who the Rent boys are? How long have you followed us? Since 2010 maybe  :f_whistle:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #456: Mar 10, 2021 11:12:06 pm

:lmao:

I was always sh*t at that kind of music mate, give me ‘Floyd’, Zepplin, Rush, Pearl Jam, etc, so I guess I’m Comfortably Numb listening to Kashmir driving a Red Barcheta with Jeremy  ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #457: Mar 10, 2021 11:14:36 pm
      We look a different team with Fab in midfield and Jota upfront...
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #458: Mar 10, 2021 11:49:11 pm
      Excellent from start to finish front to back and midfield and some ,superb.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #459: Mar 10, 2021 11:51:06 pm
      Better starting 11, much better team performance.

Thiago, different player in Europe.
      Fabinho, centre mid where he belongs

Jota looked very hungry

Salah got his reward for his hard work

Let’s keep this up Reds !

Quick Reply