Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leipzig?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.9%)
      Ozan Kabak
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      38 (35.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      8 (7.4%)
       Fabinho
      46 (42.6%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      8 (7.4%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      3 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Voting closed: Mar 14, 2021 09:50:11 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Leipzig: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16320 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Leipzig: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Mar 11, 2021 12:29:42 am
      Fantastic win, could have had a few more but for a bit of sloppy finishing.

Porto or Real next round, Big Nat to 'accidentally' head Ramos instead of the ball!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #461: Mar 11, 2021 01:53:55 am

:lmao:

I was always sh*t at that kind of music mate, give me ‘Floyd’, Zepplin, Rush, Pearl Jam, etc, so I guess I’m Comfortably Numb listening to Kashmir driving a Red Barcheta with Jeremy  ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Y  N  W  A

Let's go with "Thank You" from Led Zeppelin II as a celebration theme, then.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #462: Mar 11, 2021 07:05:25 am
      Great win against a very good side, huge difference, we could have scored a lot more, and created lots of chances, which hasn't been the case lately, quarter finals now, would be so amazing to win it,you never know 😊
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #463: Mar 11, 2021 07:25:59 am
      Pleased with the win but not that surprised. European football seems to still be a strength of ours.

Still not sure we get much out of the next 4 Premier league games but this competition has been a welcome distraction for the players and ourselves.

Hopefully the distraction continues beyond the last 8.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #464: Mar 11, 2021 08:23:11 am
      Happy for a few on here who have been struggling as of late and hope this results picks you up that little bit amazing what a good win can have on our mood
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #465: Mar 11, 2021 08:27:55 am
      Very happy but we're still very wasteful upfront. It's the issue we have had for months now. The issue has been the attack for me, not defense. Fabinho showed again how good he is. Thiago played much better with Fabinho alongside him.

I think the Fabinho-Thiago-Keita trio can lift the team up. I'm sorry, but I won't miss Wijnaldum when he leaves, good player, very good player but at the end of the day, you should have an impact on your teammates. When Keita came in, we were direct and creative.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #466: Mar 11, 2021 09:29:43 am
      You can tell we won  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #467: Mar 11, 2021 09:41:43 am
      Very happy but we're still very wasteful upfront. It's the issue we have had for months now. The issue has been the attack for me, not defense. Fabinho showed again how good he is. Thiago played much better with Fabinho alongside him.

I think the Fabinho-Thiago-Keita trio can lift the team up. I'm sorry, but I won't miss Wijnaldum when he leaves, good player, very good player but at the end of the day, you should have an impact on your teammates. When Keita came in, we were direct and creative.

That's all well and good but Naby can't string 3 games together without getting injured.

Gini on the other hand is one of the most physically reliable players the club has ever had the lad is a machine.

This should never be underestimated.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #468: Mar 11, 2021 10:16:59 am
      In 16 double legged knockouts since his time here Jürgen has only failed to progress once against A Madrid. Colossal in Europe.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #469: Mar 11, 2021 10:18:27 am
      Nice to know we are through to the last eight of the Champions League, something our noisy neighbours, would take forever to achieve !
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #470: Mar 11, 2021 10:22:08 am
      That's all well and good but Naby can't string 3 games together without getting injured.

Gini on the other hand is one of the most physically reliable players the club has ever had the lad is a machine.

The Dutch are machines - Kuyt and Wijnaldum absolute monster fitness levels
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #471: Mar 11, 2021 10:27:26 am
      Haven’t had much if any input due to BT not recognising my i d and password. Then the only streem I could get running kept freezing every 20 secs. So I missed the whole game. Waited all week for it, F***ing bt. Just about to call them and tear into them for a rebate !
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #472: Mar 11, 2021 10:43:07 am
      I was going to say with the benefit of hindsight, playing Fab in midfield makes us look a better team.

But there is no hindsight is there.

Hope we can have Hendo back for the quarters...we might even surprise a few people.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #473: Mar 11, 2021 11:01:14 am
      Extremely happy with that result and extremely happy that Klopp finally changed things up, bringing Fab back into midfield and trusting his CB's to do a job.

Also what a difference it makes having three strikers/forwards up top instead of only two with one passenger.

IF we can win against Wolves and in the international break get other players back fit and healthy then we still have a chance of Top 4 and CL glory.  The league is a long shot and I think we would have to win 10 games on the spin but we are capable of it if we can finally build some momentum.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #474: Mar 11, 2021 11:10:18 am

Very true,Gini is so reliable and consistent,Jürgen loves him to bits so why are FSG not giving the contract that he wants?Please don't post with it's because of his age,Gini hardly ever gets injured and his role in the team is underrated,i said previous that get rid if he doesn't sign the contract but after his statement saying how much he loves the club and that he doesn't want to leave it's a message to those handing out the contracts to give him a better/longer offer and he'll stay.Our midfield last night balanced the whole team and Fab was just that Fab-ulous,my MOTM by a mile.Please Jürgen don't put him as a CB again,leave him in midfield.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #475: Mar 11, 2021 11:12:40 am
      Haven’t had much if any input due to BT not recognising my i d and password. Then the only streem I could get running kept freezing every 20 secs. So I missed the whole game. Waited all week for it, f**king bt. Just about to call them and tear into them for a rebate !

If you have Halo you will be compensated as it has a connected promise.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #476: Mar 11, 2021 12:15:08 pm
      I hate to say it, but Leipzig were awful. Their manager needs to hang his head in shame, I know you get sh*t for being negative on this forum and we all have to say "that's it we are back" but I don't see it.

we played at our pace, created chance after chance after chance, and finally we scored. We have no intensity to our game, I would love to be wrong, but we have beaten this side and the bottom club and then lost to literally everyone else who know our weaknesses.

The positive; Nat Phillips. He hasn't put a put wrong yet.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #477: Mar 11, 2021 12:22:33 pm
      I hate to say it, but Leipzig were awful. Their manager needs to hang his head in shame, I know you get sh*t for being negative on this forum and we all have to say "that's it we are back" but I don't see it.

we played at our pace, created chance after chance after chance, and finally we scored. We have no intensity to our game, I would love to be wrong, but we have beaten this side and the bottom club and then lost to literally everyone else who know our weaknesses.

They’re on an 8 match winning streak in the league and 2 points behind the mighty Bayern. Yes they underperformed but a lot of that has to do with Klopps tactical setup and approach.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #478: Mar 11, 2021 12:43:14 pm
      They’re on an 8 match winning streak in the league and 2 points behind the mighty Bayern. Yes they underperformed but a lot of that has to do with Klopps tactical setup and approach.

F***ing bang on, great performance
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #479: Mar 11, 2021 12:54:07 pm

Leipzig were quite poor over 2 legs, BUT they are not a poor side. They are second in the Bundesliga to Bayern Munich by just a few points so either they had 2 crap games in the middle of an impressive run of wins in the Bundesliga OR we made them look poor, I think its the latter.

I thought we played very well in both games and crucially we were generating plenty of chances again although our finishing is still a bit sh*t.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #480: Mar 11, 2021 12:54:36 pm

Spot on.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #481: Mar 11, 2021 12:57:58 pm
      Thrilled for another 2-0 domination vs Leipzig but lets be honest Leipzig is an underwhelming squad.

Positives:
      Fabinho won headers all night long from his midfield position which was in stark contrast to past setups without Fabs. Result: more offensive opportunities
      This is a huge development.

Negatives:
      Lack of footspeed of the 2 replacement defenders thrust into starting lineup. Man are they slow and my constant worry is they will get burned by faster frontlines.
      Also....the lack of finishing by Mane and Salah. Sometimes the brain and body just aren't in sync.....and sometimes they are.

Looking forward:
      The style of play in this tournament gives me optimism.
      Though understaffed, LFC will be playing CL teams that tend to go on the front foot more (except Atletico) than the typical park-the-bus PL team. More open games mean more open space in the box for LFC forwards. Given LFC's back line limitations, LFC has to pump goals into the net to have any shot.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2021 01:03:03 pm by Borg »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #482: Mar 11, 2021 12:59:30 pm

Yep the whole Leipzig were sh*t narrative is a bit tiresome to be honest, should be leaving that to the BT commentators.

We just outplayed them over two legs. Pressed well to force mistakes, yes we didn’t convert many chances but we still scored four over the two legs. Anytime they did get out against us, we defended really well and on the very few occasions we didn’t Ali made some good saves.

Pretty much the perfect European performance over the two legs.

Quick Reply