Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United)

Read 2176 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,319 posts | 1242 
      Re: Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United)
      Reply #23: Jun 30, 2024 12:24:01 am
      My thoughts are Newcastle are cheeky, deluded c*nts if they thought we would even for a moment consider letting Quansah go as part of a swap. I also reckon it's not a particularly good look to tout your players out like they're chips in a FFP game. As for Gordon, he's a decent player but he would come at an inflated price and there are better options out there and bigger priorities in our squad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,344 posts | 1133 
      Reply #24: Jun 30, 2024 12:25:37 am
      If we do sign him I imagine it's because we know one of our front guys is leaving. I imagine if one.leaves it's Lucho.....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,530 posts | 4865 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Jun 30, 2024 06:20:07 am
      I think I'd rather have the Georgian Napoli lad.

Yes I'd prefer to type all of this than attempt his name
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 290 
      Reply #26: Jun 30, 2024 09:42:45 am
      My thinking about signing Gordon is quite relaxed..I mean to me if we sign Gordon it can only mean Diaz is leaving....I'd prefer to keep Diaz BUT if it meant Diaz going and Gordon coming in I wouldn't be too worried. I love the engine Diaz has but I think you'd see a bit more end product from Gordon.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,774 posts | 3954 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Jun 30, 2024 10:31:45 am
      Would rather spend the money on Ugarte
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,344 posts | 1133 
      Reply #28: Jun 30, 2024 04:40:05 pm
      Prolly go ahead and close this. Others players are being sold so this deal isn't as paramount for the toon now. Does show us a few things

We are interested in attackers
      We rate Quansah VERY highly
      Deals will be done on our terms and no one else's

Also suggest perhaps the Diaz talks have some validity to them....
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,656 posts | 2167 
      Reply #29: Jun 30, 2024 10:07:18 pm
      I like Gordon, if Lucho is off then i'd be quite happy to see him come in as a replacement. Very direct player who gets after defenders, commits defenders and gets himself in the box (something Lucho needs to do more often). I suspect one might have some legs, not sure the club will give up so quickly if they really have been in talks, particularly if Diaz goes.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #30: Jun 30, 2024 10:30:17 pm
      I think I'd rather have the Georgian Napoli lad.

Yes I'd prefer to type all of this than attempt his name
      I'd guess it's something ".....villi"
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,766 posts | 865 
      Reply #31: Jul 01, 2024 03:20:06 pm
      Actually one of the only ones in the squad with a name that doesn't end in "Vili" :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,397 posts | 1547 
      Reply #32: Jul 01, 2024 09:38:45 pm
      Overrated diving lesbian lookalike. Can do.much much better.

Well I've never shied away from the desire to jump into bed with two women. And if they get it on together as well, even better.
      In fact I'm beginning to believe I'm a lesbian locked in a mans body  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2024 06:00:30 am
      I'm still not convinced by Diaz, great player technically, but his end product has been poor last season, probably due to what happened to his family.

Under Klopp, the wingers were the one who scored the most and he did not do enough IMO. So I would be willing to try something else: Jota, Gakpo or even Gordon, on the left.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2024 09:35:46 am
      We're not blowing what'll likely be our entire budget on this ginger diving tw*t when we have areas of significance we need to improve.

Diaz might not get Mane numbers but he's far from our biggest problem right now.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,024 posts | 5058 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #35: Jul 25, 2024 07:06:35 pm
      Since when did Diaz suddenly become a bad penny ? I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s been or done as much as anyone in Jürgen’s last hurrah, especially what he went thru personally, Ok his finishing hasn’t been the best but you can say the same for Mo, he was hardly at his best either was he, nor has Captain chaos and Jota has spent too long in the treatment room,
      We’ve been spoilt f***in rotten with having Mane & Bobby for the the majority of Jürgen’s reign and those two in particular set the bar very high indeed, so anyone following in their footsteps were never gonna reach the same highs,

All this pontificating over Anthony Gordon is folly to me, in fact I’d argue Diaz is better, a bit older granted but would Gordon offer more than what Diaz can ? I don’t think so, we also have to think about the mentality of the players last season when Jürgen dropped his bombshell, we were never the same after that imo, and instead of the fire in the belly we all thought we’d get actually had a adverse effect, two matches in particular highlighted it, the one against the cup Vs Scumsters and when Blueshite killed off our title aspirations,

Some of us labelled Arse as bottlers, but we f***in bottled it in that match, and proved to me the players weren’t up to it, we were only five points adrift at that juncture and had we won it we’d have provided a much needed boost for the last few games, instead it killed our hopes stone f***in dead, and that was the end of that !!

Anthony Gordon, no thanks decent player of course, but he’s not an improvement of what we already have ??

YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,774 posts | 3954 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Yesterday at 01:37:53 pm
      That LW/LF area is arguably the team's strongest area.
      Diaz, Gakpo and Nunez have all played there.
      Szoboszlai can also play there, did so for Leipzig when needed.

While Gordon is unquestionably a good player, he's not what the team needs.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,221 posts | 174 
      Reply #37: Yesterday at 04:10:05 pm
      Since when did Diaz suddenly become a bad penny ? I can’t be the only one who thinks he’s been or done as much as anyone in Jürgen’s last hurrah, especially what he went thru personally, Ok his finishing hasn’t been the best but you can say the same for Mo, he was hardly at his best either was he, nor has Captain chaos and Jota has spent too long in the treatment room,
      We’ve been spoilt f***in rotten with having Mane & Bobby for the the majority of Jürgen’s reign and those two in particular set the bar very high indeed, so anyone following in their footsteps were never gonna reach the same highs,

All this pontificating over Anthony Gordon is folly to me, in fact I’d argue Diaz is better, a bit older granted but would Gordon offer more than what Diaz can ? I don’t think so, we also have to think about the mentality of the players last season when Jürgen dropped his bombshell, we were never the same after that imo, and instead of the fire in the belly we all thought we’d get actually had a adverse effect, two matches in particular highlighted it, the one against the cup Vs Scumsters and when Blueshite killed off our title aspirations,

Some of us labelled Arse as bottlers, but we f***in bottled it in that match, and proved to me the players weren’t up to it, we were only five points adrift at that juncture and had we won it we’d have provided a much needed boost for the last few games, instead it killed our hopes stone f***in dead, and that was the end of that !!

Anthony Gordon, no thanks decent player of course, but he’s not an improvement of what we already have ??

YNWA

Diaz, it's 8 goals and 3 goals in 37 EPL games  (in about 2600 minutes per transfermarkt). That's why.

We were used to Mane scoring at least 15.

Gordon 11 goals 10 assists in 34 games (in about 2900 minutes).

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,418 posts | 2894 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Yesterday at 04:14:32 pm
      Smokescreen...
      The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,582 posts | 297 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #39: Yesterday at 04:22:52 pm

Diaz, it's 8 goals and 3 goals in 37 EPL games  (in about 2600 minutes per transfermarkt). That's why.

We were used to Mane scoring at least 15.

Gordon 11 goals 10 assists in 34 games (in about 2900 minutes).

Rather just stick with Diaz/Gakpo then if Gordon's only getting a few goals more, it's not crazy numbers for someone who plays a lot of minutes. Give Diaz his goal at Spurs, give him the assist for the pen he won at Everton.....there are other contributions. The only significant difference is the age gap.

Including the cups he managed 12 goals and 11 assists in 48 games and he played a fair share of games as the #9 when both Wilson and Isak were out, is that really worth the hassle for a player that'll cost in excess of 80m.

Gakpo 8 goals 5 assists in 35 games - 1650 minutes. First 3 games of the season he played in a midfield 3. You don't think he can hit Gordon's numbers playing almost double the minutes as a mainstay LW?
      « Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:32:14 pm by The-AllMightyReds »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,378 posts | 1680 
      Reply #40: Yesterday at 04:59:01 pm
      Might not be this.summer but would be surprised if this doesn't happen
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,687 posts | 2902 
      Reply #41: Yesterday at 05:08:28 pm
      Gordon is a good player and I think with the right guidance has the potential to be great but not a priority for us at the moment.

If Barca put in a serious offer for Diaz I'd still want us to sign a right sided forward over Gordon.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,601 posts | 857 
      Reply #42: Yesterday at 05:45:49 pm
      Overrated footballer....Pass
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #43: Yesterday at 06:15:41 pm
      Everyone knows I'd get rid of Diaz if the right offer came in but don't think Gordon is the upgrade.

Very much more of the same

We should be looking at the right side as we've plenty who can play off the left

Quick Reply