Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Scouting talk

Read 329546 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,950 posts | 5009 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1104: Aug 08, 2022 11:25:13 pm
      So John Henry has a ghost of Christmas past moment and phones Jürgen and says "Jürgen get the player you want who will win us the league don't worry about the money" who does he buy ?. The midfield has been constantly highlighted by people since Jürgen has been here yet despite the number one target Hendo lifting every Trophy possible he still gets targeted along with Naby and now Bobby. So who is the player people want who can change everything

Ronaldo,   :f_whistle:   ;D  >:D

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #1105: Aug 09, 2022 10:13:57 pm
      So there is only two players in the world who fit our system 🤣

We have a ageing midfield already and unless Curtis or Harvey break through rapidly we need at least two quality players so why not one this season.
      Better than trying to assimilate two in one season. 🤷‍♂️
      I don't think teams go around shopping for players based on the single criteria of ''the player fits our system''. There is more than this criteria in play when you decide on a transfer and this is why there are priorities and, in turn, priorities are the reason that make you wait for a player or jump into the market earlier than you had planned for that player. For instance, imagine that we had decided to go for De Vrij or Koulibaly (plug any other name you want) in summer 2017 because fans were thinking ''there has to be more than 1 player that fits our system, why are we going into the season with a world class CB signing?''.

I agree that we have an ageing midfield with a couple of injury prone players, but we have seen over and over again how this team is run. We have targets, when they become available and the timing is right we go for them. The reason for this is simple, when you wait to get the player you want and truly need, you stand to win much more than what you lost in the meantime, while buying players out of pure immediate needs will lose you much more than you'll win. I think that we can confidently say that Bellingham is a priority target of ours, but we can't play if there's no game (BVB wont sell this summer). Who are our other targets and are they available? We don't know. 

The bottom line is that we do make mistakes (the CB crisis a couple of seasons ago comes to mind), but overall we are a better run club than 95% of the other clubs in Europe and the renewal that a lot of people are talking about when it comes to the midfield shouldn't be such a big fear. A few months ago there was big talk (fear mongering) about the forward's department renewal and before that the defensive line's renewal and both of those things are happening at a satisfactory rate and with satisfactory quality being added to the team. I don't see why the midfield would be any different. We are one game into the season and some people are already talking like the season is disastrous. Lets wait and see
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 739 
      Reply #1106: Aug 11, 2022 11:39:16 pm
      Theres a Dutch midfielder being shopped around by a desperate club. I'm just sayin..... :f_tongueincheek:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #1107: Aug 12, 2022 02:49:44 pm
      Theres a Dutch midfielder being shopped around by a desperate club. I'm just sayin..... :f_tongueincheek:
      I'd take him any day of the week, but it seems like Barca are asking for crazy things like the transfer fee + paying his due wages (since they seem like they can't pay him and he wants his money).
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1108: Aug 12, 2022 02:54:31 pm
      I'd take him any day of the week, but it seems like Barca are asking for crazy things like the transfer fee + paying his due wages (since they seem like they can't pay him and he wants his money).

What a mess Barcelona is. They just sold almost 25% of Barca Studios for 100M so they can register summer signings prior to the first game of the season. This after selling another 25% share of Barca Studios and 25% of domestic tv rights earlier in the year to raise more funds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1109: Aug 12, 2022 03:34:40 pm
      Seeing a few links to Matheus Nunes. From what I’ve seen of him he’s a damn good player who’s very highly rated. Apparently is available for a fee around 35-40mill. Not sure why we aren’t going for him, he fits the type of player we look for and we currently have an injury plagued and ageing midfield.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1110: Aug 12, 2022 03:51:25 pm
      What a mess Barcelona is. They just sold almost 25% of Barca Studios for 100M so they can register summer signings prior to the first game of the season. This after selling another 25% share of Barca Studios and 25% of domestic tv rights earlier in the year to raise more funds.

They are gambling their long term future on short term success. If they fail, they are in deep, deep trouble.

They already owe so much money from deferred payments to some of their players (for example, they owe Piqué €52m...  :f_doh:) and they still recruited without a care in the world.

At the end of the day... f**k them. They have no class, no respect, and behave like thugs. The way are trying to screw De Jong right now just to push him out tells you everything you need to know about them.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1111: Aug 12, 2022 05:17:21 pm
      They are gambling their long term future on short term success. If they fail, they are in deep, deep trouble.

They already owe so much money from deferred payments to some of their players (for example, they owe Piqué €52m...  :f_doh:) and they still recruited without a care in the world.

At the end of the day... f**k them. They have no class, no respect, and behave like thugs. The way are trying to screw De Jong right now just to push him out tells you everything you need to know about them.

Yeah it is wild what they have been trying to do to DeJong to force him out or very least defer his salary payments while asked to take a pay cut on top of it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #1112: Aug 12, 2022 11:34:39 pm
      Bottom line is, they are a desperate club in massive debt, caused by massive miss management for decades.Even when they were winning everything, their debt wasn't covered year on year. How the F**k did they get around FFP when spending numerous millions over their income. Some rules for the chosen few, and other rules for the rest of us. And I don't include Shitty in 'the rest of us' Deserve everything they get. Its only gonna get worse.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #1113: Aug 14, 2022 10:06:03 am
      Seeing a few links to Matheus Nunes. From what I’ve seen of him he’s a damn good player who’s very highly rated. Apparently is available for a fee around 35-40mill. Not sure why we aren’t going for him, he fits the type of player we look for and we currently have an injury plagued and ageing midfield.

two Nuneseseses? too confusing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1114: Aug 14, 2022 11:33:31 am

He scored a belter from distance yesterday
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1115: Aug 15, 2022 10:17:05 pm
      Nunes now set for Wolves, around 35/40mill. A player we should’ve been all over
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1116: Aug 15, 2022 10:19:09 pm
      Nunes now set for Wolves, around 35/40mill. A player we should’ve been all over

Says a lot about his level. Bet you've never seen him play
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1117: Aug 15, 2022 10:19:41 pm
      We still got time, stop F***ing around. Surely there is a classy, skilled attacking midfielder in the whole wide F***ing world, that wants to play for Liverpool that we can afford!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1118: Aug 15, 2022 10:22:22 pm
      Says a lot about his level. Bet you've never seen him play

I’ve watched quite a bit of Sporting over the last season or two FWIW actually so maybe don’t be casting assumptions on what people have or haven’t done.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #1119: Aug 15, 2022 10:50:23 pm
      I’ve watched quite a bit of Sporting over the last season or two FWIW actually so maybe don’t be casting assumptions on what people have or haven’t done.

I would look good on a YouTube reel
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,268 posts | 4935 
      Reply #1120: Aug 15, 2022 10:55:15 pm

If he says he's watched him you could take his word for it?

I literally haven't seen him kick a ball but I don't get to watch must football outside of the reds.

Other people I know watch the game day in day out.

I'm sure someone has seen a bit of him so if 7KK7 says he's watched him I take it at face value
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1121: Aug 15, 2022 10:57:51 pm

Believe what you want, not arsed.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #1122: Aug 15, 2022 11:10:04 pm

Look good doing what?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #1123: Aug 15, 2022 11:12:57 pm
      Nunes looks a good player. Perhaps we should be going for Tielemans or Maddison.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      Reply #1124: Aug 15, 2022 11:19:45 pm

Nah, that's my only fans
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1125: Aug 17, 2022 08:23:36 pm
      So who is this midfield player, no world class midfielder we can go out and buy to make us Champions.
      I can imagine Jürgen and his recruitment team have been through every possible player for months but havent come up with this mystery player so who is he
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1126: Aug 17, 2022 10:42:12 pm
      So who is this midfield player, no world class midfielder we can go out and buy to make us Champions.
      I can imagine Jürgen and his recruitment team have been through every possible player for months but havent come up with this mystery player so who is he

It's a matter of money and what the club deem as more important.

When I'm on holiday I pay a lot more for food, drinks and so one because in that moment I prioritise me and my family having a great time over money.

The owners prioritise their wallet over us winning trophies. It's left to Jürgen to work his art. No manager in world football can work under this regime and win what Klopp has. We should have more League titles but we don't. We don't because there's always an excuse as to why we can't build on what we have.

Everyone has strengthened and got closer to us make no mistake about that. Fsg allowed that, no one else. Two games in and it's glaringly evident.

As for world class names.

1. Barella
      2. Declan Rice
      3. Ruben Neves
      4. Casameiro
      5. Bellingham (hard)
      6. Brighton kid Ceceido?

Quick Reply