Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Rangers [Champions League] Tue 4th Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W13 D6 L8

Scouting talk

Read 65248 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 36,262 posts | 6799 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1587: Sep 07, 2022 08:50:29 pm
      You wouldn’t be saying that if you had him.

No I'd be saying keep the defib on standby.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,608 posts | 2003 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1588: Sep 07, 2022 09:32:29 pm
      No I'd be saying keep the defib on standby.

Fcuk me mate that’s a bit close to the core  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,510 posts | 4032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1589: Sep 08, 2022 07:23:43 pm
      Fcuk me mate that’s a bit close to the core  :lmao:

It is but hopefully we’ll never see it !!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,774 posts | 6320 
      Reply #1590: Sep 09, 2022 05:03:43 pm
      he is probably the most tested player in the league in terms of his ticker.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,252 posts | 323 
      Reply #1591: Sep 18, 2022 11:38:46 am
      I know I've said I would have happily seen us sign him. But at the same time, shame he didn't show a bit more loyalty to Brentford, they were pretty much the only team willing to take a chance on him to return to Premier League football, for him to then walk out on them 6 months later.

Don't think he walked out on them. He signed a 6 month deal. It expired and he left as a free agent. I guess Brentford could have signed him on an 18 month deal. He's a quality footballer ... no doubt about that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,102 posts | 1024 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1592: Sep 26, 2022 09:17:56 am
      Another MF option is John Mcginn, What a player he is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 43,855 posts | 5692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1593: Sep 26, 2022 10:02:59 am
      Another MF option is John Mcginn, What a player he is.

Good player but he's no different to Hendo IMO. Will chip in with the odd goal or assist here and there but he doesn't have that attacking threat we are craving for from the midfield. Most amount of goals he has gotten for Villa since their return to the Premier League is 3.
      Reliable for minutes though, very rarely injured.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,102 posts | 1024 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1594: Sep 26, 2022 10:32:43 am
      Good player but he's no different to Hendo IMO. Will chip in with the odd goal or assist here and there but he doesn't have that attacking threat we are craving for from the midfield. Most amount of goals he has gotten for Villa since their return to the Premier League is 3.

Being like hendo aint a bad thing.

Plays different for Scotland, more of a free role. Makes us tick and scores goals.

Energy, tackling ball winning, keeping the ball, turning players with his big ass. l o l

I think he would be ever better in a team like Liverpool with better players around him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,003 posts | 645 
      Reply #1595: Sep 26, 2022 12:58:47 pm
      Being like hendo aint a bad thing.

Plays different for Scotland, more of a free role. Makes us tick and scores goals.

Energy, tackling ball winning, keeping the ball, turning players with his big ass. l o l

I think he would be ever better in a team like Liverpool with better players around him.

Would thrive in our team. Really like him a lot. Again, I would LOVE to have Jude, but I'm not sure I'd see the juice being worth the squeeze. While you get an awesome player, he's probably the only player you get, and our MF needs a revamp, not just one guy. Guys like McGinnis, Coincedo, the kid from Leipzig, etc. are out there. Maybe that's the better route?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,102 posts | 1024 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1596: Sep 26, 2022 01:17:14 pm

sorry, and yes hes always fit. Strong as fuk.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,102 posts | 1024 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1597: Sep 26, 2022 01:17:54 pm
      Would thrive in our team. Really like him a lot. Again, I would LOVE to have Jude, but I'm not sure I'd see the juice being worth the squeeze. While you get an awesome player, he's probably the only player you get, and our MF needs a revamp, not just one guy. Guys like McGinnis, Coincedo, the kid from Leipzig, etc. are out there. Maybe that's the better route?

Agreed
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 931 posts | 445 
      Reply #1598: Sep 27, 2022 06:43:41 pm
      Anybody here watches Ligue 1 games? If so I would be curious to hear your opinion about Lyon's Maxence Caqueret. I've watched a few OL games here and there and this kid has ''Klopp's midfielder'' written all over him. He's a relentless presser of the ball (its like watching a bee, he's everywhere you look), good tackler, defensively very aware of the space around him and when he gets the ball back he will carry it over short distances to get past the first line of pressure the opponent throws at him and dispatch accurate passes. The way he spins with the ball and dribbles to get out of tight places is very pleasing to watch (very press resistant). His passing is not Alonso-esque or Thiago-esque, but its progressive and of quality. From the little I've watched, I'd be surprised if Caqueret is not the closest you can get to Tchouameni in Ligue 1.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #1599: Sep 28, 2022 03:50:19 pm
      Anybody here watches Ligue 1 games? If so I would be curious to hear your opinion about Lyon's Maxence Caqueret. I've watched a few OL games here and there and this kid has ''Klopp's midfielder'' written all over him. He's a relentless presser of the ball (its like watching a bee, he's everywhere you look), good tackler, defensively very aware of the space around him and when he gets the ball back he will carry it over short distances to get past the first line of pressure the opponent throws at him and dispatch accurate passes. The way he spins with the ball and dribbles to get out of tight places is very pleasing to watch (very press resistant). His passing is not Alonso-esque or Thiago-esque, but its progressive and of quality. From the little I've watched, I'd be surprised if Caqueret is not the closest you can get to Tchouameni in Ligue 1.

Brilliant shout this. Only 22 as well.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,774 posts | 6320 
      Reply #1600: Oct 02, 2022 09:51:38 pm
      we seem to be interested in young potential these days rather than experience. Of course Youth is cheaper .
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,252 posts | 323 
      Reply #1601: Yesterday at 10:13:03 am
      Tielemans mentioned again this morning in the good old gossip column. I'm not convinced by him to be honest. On the upside he is a free transfer and I think that's a market we will be looking at.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,935 posts | 576 
      Reply #1602: Yesterday at 10:52:01 am
      Tielemans mentioned again this morning in the good old gossip column. I'm not convinced by him to be honest. On the upside he is a free transfer and I think that's a market we will be looking at.

Personally, I believe there is a great player in there, but we cannot ignore that he has been below par for the last 12 months.
      We'd probably have gone for him this summer if we were interested, though.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 968 posts | 79 
      Reply #1603: Yesterday at 11:14:59 am

Christ
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts | 104 
      Reply #1604: Yesterday at 04:23:34 pm
      Think he's already signed up at City!!!
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,565 posts | 160 
      Reply #1605: Yesterday at 06:09:30 pm
      Jude and neves for me but we not going to spend that sort of money
      gazred
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 45 
      Reply #1606: Yesterday at 06:32:40 pm
      Personally, I believe there is a great player in there, but we cannot ignore that he has been below par for the last 12 months.
      We'd probably have gone for him this summer if we were interested, though.

I think Teilimans appears disillusioned at Leicester, maybe annoyed that they didn't sell him a couple of seasons ago when he was 1 of the best midfielders in the league.
      Big question is, can he get the motivation back if he moves to Liverpool or another big team? Or will he continue at his current level, which is not good enough for us. Also, do we want a player that appears to have stopped working for Leicester?
      He's not very high on my list. Maybe as a squad player if Ox, Keita and Melo all leave. He could be decent a free transfer but I think he'll probably go somewhere that will pay more wages, Newcastle maybe?

Quick Reply