Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Scouting talk

Read 328723 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434, Alicus and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2001: Jan 31, 2023 11:43:57 am
      Liverpool Fc have been removed from every media channel, until we play and lose of course.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #2002: Jan 31, 2023 12:33:54 pm
      FSG was done the moment the Super League went belly up. That was their goal to make the club sustainable against the big oil money. Since this will not happen they are now selling the club.

This window shows that they are not interested to invest any extra big money into the squad to keep us top. Klopp rather has to use the academy players to get new players in…
      Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2003: Jan 31, 2023 12:35:48 pm
      FSG was done the moment the Super League went belly up. That was their goal to make the club sustainable against the big oil money. Since this will not happen they are now selling the club.

This window shows that they are not interested to invest any extra big money into the squad to keep us top. Klopp rather has to use the academy players to get new players in…

They couldn't give a f*ck now mate. As soon as klopp told them they'd actually have to help him and told them what he needed to refresh the squad they wanted out.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,709 posts | 151 
      Reply #2004: Jan 31, 2023 12:48:35 pm
      What is special about Madisson that clubs are chasing after him ? City linked with him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #2005: Jan 31, 2023 01:06:49 pm
      I don’t understand your point?
      Are you suggesting I think we should spend big on players I don’t rate?

Now I know Klopp doesn’t base his transfer targets on my preference but as an opinion I don’t see why I would be happy spending big on dross?

Berge from sheff utd for £35m is £35m too much in my opinion.

No I'm suggesting that many people scream and shout about spending money but once we're linked with a player they personally don't rate they complain about spending that money.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 1098 
      Reply #2006: Jan 31, 2023 01:39:29 pm
      Arsenal have been smart for 3 years now and reeping the benefits, and are still linked with Caicedo today.

Chelsea have spent 2 billion this window. Boely is a mess, but he's trying.

Utd are taking a more measured approach, but Ten Hag has them dangerous again. They will spend in the summer and probably be sold.

Tottenham are buying players.

City are City. Except big things from this summer with their MF getting older.

Castle will continue to splash, although they seem to have so scruples about them in how they spend, more than I can say for the other oil money team. Still, it's only a matter of time.....

And then there's us on a buy to sale model. Our players are slowing down and aging out. That makes it harder to sale and get good money on the return to reinvest. We're also injury prone and need to make some changes in our medical department l. And all of this is going without the prospect of a sporting director. This is crazy. We have to be harsh and quick. Trim the fat and sale off the older players for whatever we can get. F**k this buy to sale model. It may be good business in the short term, but it's gotten us to where we are now. We need to invest, and lots of it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2007: Jan 31, 2023 02:10:53 pm
      https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deportes/klopp-destapa-nombre-inicia-guerra-chelsea_959934_102.html

Some  gossip about Klopp going after a Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante who is out of contract soon.

Hit translate at the top of the link.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2023 02:22:23 pm by stuey »
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #2008: Jan 31, 2023 02:42:37 pm
      https://www.elnacional.cat/es/deportes/klopp-destapa-nombre-inicia-guerra-chelsea_959934_102.html

Some  gossip about Klopp going after a Chelsea midfielder N'Golo Kante who is out of contract soon.

I hope not.  Kante was a great player - one of the best CDM's of the last decade, but he's the wrong side of 30 now and struggled with injuries in recent years. 

I have a mate who's a Chelsea fan and he was sympathizing with me on how rough it must be to be a LFC fan right now, because as sh*t as Chelsea have been all season, at least they have a reason to be optimistic that the owner will do everything he can to give the club the resources to become successful again in short order.  We look doomed to fall behind City, Arsenal, Utd, Newcastle, Spurs, and Chelsea for the next few years....  Absolutely depressing...
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2009: Jan 31, 2023 02:44:25 pm

Probably true since we love to sign crocks so much.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #2010: Jan 31, 2023 02:47:38 pm
      If Kante is injured all the time, I think he fits with our criteria
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2011: Jan 31, 2023 02:52:25 pm
      Kante has only had injury problems this season hasn’t he? Without looking up his stats, I’d take a guess and say he plays the best part of 50 games a season.

FWIW, on a free transfer, I’d bring him in as an option for DM and if Bajcetic continues to progress like he is, wouldn’t be a bad couple of players for DM.
      Even if another DM was signed to replace Fabinho, Kante still would be a good option to have in and around the team. He has the work rate for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2012: Jan 31, 2023 02:57:45 pm
      Kante has only had injury problems this season hasn’t he? Without looking up his stats, I’d take a guess and say he plays the best part of 50 games a season.

FWIW, on a free transfer, I’d bring him in as an option for DM and if Bajcetic continues to progress like he is, wouldn’t be a bad couple of players for DM.
      Even if another DM was signed to replace Fabinho, Kante still would be a good option to have in and around the team. He has the work rate for sure.

Nah mate Kante has had injury issues for the last 3 or 4 seasons now. As class a player he is when fit there's no way I'd take a gamble on him now at his age.

Wouldn't say no to Conor Gallagher though as a long term replacement for Hendo.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #2013: Jan 31, 2023 03:00:14 pm
      Kante on a loan maybe.
      What’s the point in having more over 30s who are injured a lot under contract?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2014: Jan 31, 2023 03:04:01 pm
      Nah mate Kante has had injury issues for the last 3 or 4 seasons now. As class a player he is when fit there's no way I'd take a gamble on him now at his age.

Wouldn't say no to Conor Gallagher though as a long term replacement for Hendo.

Just taken a look because I got curious.
      Last 3 seasons, excluding this season, he has played 118 times. Go back another season and it takes his tally to 171.
      That doesn’t scream a player with significant  injury problems to me.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2015: Jan 31, 2023 03:10:34 pm
      Just taken a look because I got curious.
      Last 3 seasons, excluding this season, he has played 118 times. Go back another season and it takes his tally to 171.
      That doesn’t scream a player with significant  injury problems to me.

Maybe it was just missed more PL games but thought he def had injury issues last couple of seasons.

Either way we don't need any more old midfielders. This season is a write off so best just wait for the Summer go for Bellingham, Caicedo, and one of Gallagher or MacAllister.

Will need to spend at minimum £200 million to overhaul the midfield. Sell Fabinho, Ox, and Keita to recoup some of it.

Not sure Klopp is ruthless enough to make those changes all three will prob get extended contracts with no new midfield signings made.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2016: Jan 31, 2023 03:19:38 pm
      I hope not.  Kante was a great player - one of the best CDM's of the last decade, but he's the wrong side of 30 now and struggled with injuries in recent years. 

I have a mate who's a Chelsea fan and he was sympathizing with me on how rough it must be to be a LFC fan right now, because as sh*t as Chelsea have been all season, at least they have a reason to be optimistic that the owner will do everything he can to give the club the resources to become successful again in short order.  We look doomed to fall behind City, Arsenal, Utd, Newcastle, Spurs, and Chelsea for the next few years....  Absolutely depressing...

There lies the answer - an owner who will support the club financially when need be.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2017: Jan 31, 2023 03:34:57 pm
      Probably true since we love to sign crocks so much.

Think it's more of a necessity mate!
      Rather like choosing between a second hand motor or this years reg, the finances dictate the choice!

The monies available to the manager can only leave him the inferior option.
      Another bad deal compliments of FSG.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #2018: Jan 31, 2023 03:38:53 pm
      There lies the answer - an owner who will support the club financially when need be.

Most PL club owners are supporting their clubs this season.

Even Notts Forrest have over 3 times our nett spend.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Mancs, Newcastle all spending big to improve their squads in all areas.

We can no longer compete under FSG as there are too many big spending club owners now.

Until FSG sell to owners who will pump money in to player signings we will struggle for some time.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #2019: Jan 31, 2023 03:49:25 pm
      No I'm suggesting that many people scream and shout about spending money but once we're linked with a player they personally don't rate they complain about spending that money.

We do, I'm guilty of that.

I some time think that we or any other team overpaid for a player and he isnt worth it.

Then i think players i like, we should be paying alot to get, or i think some team got that player for a steal price.

Can't help it 😅
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,069 posts | 3436 
      Reply #2020: Jan 31, 2023 03:50:41 pm

Chelsea, Arsenal, Mancs, Newcastle all spending big to improve their squads in all areas.

We can no longer compete under FSG as there are too many big spending club owners now.

Until FSG sell to owners who will pump money in to player signings we will struggle for some time.

So we need to look at either what owners we would see arrive

Looking around the football world - what’s the sort we want ?

Don77

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2021: Jan 31, 2023 04:03:46 pm
      Maybe it was just missed more PL games but thought he def had injury issues last couple of seasons.

Either way we don't need any more old midfielders. This season is a write off so best just wait for the Summer go for Bellingham, Caicedo, and one of Gallagher or MacAllister.

Will need to spend at minimum £200 million to overhaul the midfield. Sell Fabinho, Ox, and Keita to recoup some of it.

Not sure Klopp is ruthless enough to make those changes all three will prob get extended contracts with no new midfield signings made.

Getting nothing for Ox and keita mate. Last summer was the last chance to recoup anything for them. Instead we just wasted another years wages on them. Both out of contract June 30th.

Canceido and Bellingham ... looking at 200m and in all honesty if they're gonna leave Brighton and Dortmund we are well down the pecking order for those players. Brighton will finish above us this season and get Europe.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2022: Jan 31, 2023 04:05:02 pm

It remains to be seen what this deal is about FSG putting the club up for sale.
      How much of the club are they selling?

It is extremely unlikely they are selling up entirely while the asset they acquired for £350m has increased in value to now being worth £2bn, with very little assistance from them.

Undoubtedly FSG are hoping that any new investor will show genuine faith in the asset and affirm that faith by backing the club financially.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2023: Jan 31, 2023 04:36:29 pm
      Arsenal have been smart for 3 years now and reeping the benefits, and are still linked with Caicedo today.

Chelsea have spent 2 billion this window. Boely is a mess, but he's trying.

Utd are taking a more measured approach, but Ten Hag has them dangerous again. They will spend in the summer and probably be sold.

Tottenham are buying players.

City are City. Except big things from this summer with their MF getting older.

Castle will continue to splash, although they seem to have so scruples about them in how they spend, more than I can say for the other oil money team. Still, it's only a matter of time.....

And then there's us on a buy to sale model. Our players are slowing down and aging out. That makes it harder to sale and get good money on the return to reinvest. We're also injury prone and need to make some changes in our medical department l. And all of this is going without the prospect of a sporting director. This is crazy. We have to be harsh and quick. Trim the fat and sale off the older players for whatever we can get. F**k this buy to sale model. It may be good business in the short term, but it's gotten us to where we are now. We need to invest, and lots of it.

Jorginho has switched to Arsenal apparently.  Think Brighton looking for 80mill or something like that for Caicedo, lot of mula.

Quick Reply