Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Scouting talk

Read 327721 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2070: Feb 01, 2023 01:02:08 pm
      Yes I think it will be enough

I know the current narrative is for wholesale changes but I don’t agree with that

Those changes would give us

Allison
      Kelleher

TAA
      Gomez
      Ramsey
      Konate
      VVD
      New CB
      Kostas
      Robbo

Plus academy

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajectic
      Thiago
      New CM
      New CM
      Elliot
      Jones
      Milner ( stays one more year )
      Carvahlo

Mo
      Bobby
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Gakpo
      Jota

The problem is bro, a lot of those names you listed above just aren't very good anymore. Or they are young guys who just haven't found that next gear.

Gomez and Jones aren't good enough imo. You can call it bad luck due to injuries or age. Call it what you want, but those guys should be moved on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2071: Feb 01, 2023 01:10:43 pm
      The problem is bro, a lot of those names you listed above just aren't very good anymore. Or they are young guys who just haven't found that next gear.

Gomez and Jones aren't good enough imo. You can call it bad luck due to injuries or age. Call it what you want, but those guys should be moved on.

It wasn’t that long ago those players were challenging for everything

The likes of Gomez and Jones are solid back up players

I know it’s hard not to react because of the current form but players form isn’t terminal
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2072: Feb 01, 2023 01:20:23 pm

For me the sheer amount of games we play means you keep Gomez and Jones in the hope the former gets back to his form and the latter shoes the promise he had before his injuries.

The mancs for years during their successful period had loads of that type of player filling out the squad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2073: Feb 01, 2023 01:23:10 pm
      I'm don't with the negative bull sh*t. I'm moving on with hope in my heart... Summer window moves

1. Bellingham
      2. Fab replacement. I think Fulhams Jao Palhinha would be a good fit.
      3. Action press style MFer. Need to replicate what Gini gave us.Too may names to list, and most are unrealistic under this regime. Hopefully Homework is done and we find what we're looking for.
      4. CB to replace Matip
      5. Rb. Forget diamonds in the rough. Go for a talent now and push TAA further forward. If Soton get relegated Walker-Peters is a good option too.

We'll be lucky to get to pick one from that list. Have a feeling it's Bellingham or bust and if it's bust, we'll be told "the player Klopp wanted wasn't available so we'll have to make do until the next window, but we have some promising youngsters".

Meanwhile Erikson gets injured for United and they almost immediately go out and get a loan signing in (one presumably that can actually make it to the pitch). It's a bit frustrating.

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,531 posts | 1085 
      Reply #2074: Feb 01, 2023 01:39:10 pm

Yep. No room for hendo and milner in the same squad. Henderson is a pale shadow of what he was. It won't improve with age. His body no longer allows him to do what made him the player he was. He came on near the end against Brighton and was still over run.

Milly is almost 38.

Jones nowhere near good enough. Cash in. Can't believe he got a 5 year contract on the back of the odd flash of anything.

Fabinho is well over his best. Cash in. Be another ox/keita hanging around and leaving for free otherwise. Let's not make the same mistake.

Gomez ... years of promise. Injured alot. Has been poor again this season. Another who got handed a long contract. Not good enough. Cash in.

Ox/keita - June can't come quick enough.

Now for the controversial one. Trent. He's got 3 months. Work harder , look like you want to be there, stop sulking and show a better attitude. Carry on as it he can go as well.

We want the players to feel trust ... to feel settled. But they also have to know if they don't perform they'll be on their way. Managers and teams have put players out to pasture whilst still in their peak ... just before they go over the hill. There's no nostalgia ... it gets done. It keeps everyone motivated and on their toes.

Klopp needs to send a message with the players he let's go ... just as much as the ones he brings in.

So for me:

Ali
      Kellerher

New RB
      Ramsay
      Tsimikas
      Robbo
      Vvd
      Matip
      Konate
      New CB
      Philips or williams

Bajcetic
      Thiago
      Elliott
      Cavalho
      Milner/henderson
      3 new midfielders

Jota
      Bob
      Nunez
      Diaz
      Gapko
      Salah
      Doak

The forward line needs leaving as is ... other areas need addressing.

Out

Henderson/milner
      Fabinho
      Gomez
      Trent
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox
      Philips or Williams.

Most of these will bring good money in.

English players going out ... hopefully bring better ones in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #2075: Feb 01, 2023 01:43:25 pm
      Yep. No room for hendo and milner in the same squad. Henderson is a pale shadow of what he was. It won't improve with age. His body no longer allows him to do what made him the player he was. He came on near the end against Brighton and was still over run.

Milly is almost 38.

Jones nowhere near good enough. Cash in. Can't believe he got a 5 year contract on the back of the odd flash of anything.

Fabinho is well over his best. Cash in. Be another ox/keita hanging around and leaving for free otherwise. Let's not make the same mistake.

Gomez ... years of promise. Injured alot. Has been poor again this season. Another who got handed a long contract. Not good enough. Cash in.

Now for the controversial one. Trent. He's got 3 months. Work harder , look like you want to be there, stop sulking and show a better attitude. Carry on as it he can go as well.

We want the players to feel trust ... to feel settled. But they also have to know if they don't perform they'll be on their way. Managers and teams have put players out to pasture whilst still in their peak ... just before they go over the hill. There's no nostalgia ... it gets done. It keeps everyone motivated and on their toes.

Klopp needs to send a message with the players he let's go ... just as much as the ones he brings in.

So for me:

Ali
      Kellerher

New RB
      Ramsay
      Tsimikas
      Robbo
      Vvd
      Matip
      Konate
      New CB
      Philips or williams

Bajcetic
      Thiago
      Elliott
      Cavalho
      Milner/henderson
      3 new midfielders

Jota
      Bob
      Nunez
      Diaz
      Gapko
      Salah
      Doak

Out

Henderson/milner
      Fabinho
      Gomez
      Trent
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox
      Philips or Williams.

Has anyone thought that maybe Trent's "attitude" is because he's tired of the team playing like sh*t and he's tired of not having any cover from midfield like he used to enjoy?

He has never been a model defender, but Klopp's never asked him to be. He's been coached to go forward, join in attack and create chances, and defend as well as you can in spite of always being upfield. In the past he's always had Fab or Hendo to cover and bail him out. They aren't doing that anymore so he looks split apart a lot of times. Maybe Trent hates our midfield play just as much as the rest of us do?

Trent isn't going anywhere nor should he.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2076: Feb 01, 2023 01:50:11 pm
      Anyone thinking Trent will be sold or should be sold is living in the clouds.

He's an elite level footballer that doesn't come around very often. You just don't bin those guys after one poor season.

Yes he's been way off the pace but one season lile this means you get rid??

Madness
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2077: Feb 01, 2023 01:52:32 pm

Milly is almost 38.

So for me:

Ali
      Kellerher

New RB
      Ramsay
      Tsimikas
      Robbo
      Vvd
      Matip
      Konate
      New CB
      Philips or williams

Bajcetic
      Thiago
      Elliott
      Cavalho
      Milner/henderson
      3 new midfielders

Jota
      Bob
      Nunez
      Diaz
      Gapko
      Salah
      Doak

Out

Henderson/milner
      Fabinho
      Gomez
      Trent
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox
      Philips or Williams.

Trent being sold 😂😂😂

🤡
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2078: Feb 01, 2023 01:54:26 pm

He's an elite level footballer that doesn't come around very often. You just don't bin those guys after one poor season.

Madness

A lot are reacting based on the last 6 weeks of poor form
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #2079: Feb 01, 2023 02:02:05 pm

I know the current narrative is for wholesale changes but I don’t agree with that

Allison
      Kelleher

TAA
      Gomez
      Ramsey
      Konate
      VVD
      New CB
      Kostas
      Robbo

Plus academy

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajectic
      Thiago
      New CM
      New CM
      Elliot
      Jones
      Carvahlo

Mo
      Bobby
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Gakpo
      Jota

I think that could be enough to put us back in the mix depending on the quality of the players signed. You're looking at £200m at least I think. Bellingham would be huge IMO. We would then need to build on that pretty quickly as Hendo, Milner and Fabinho wind down and move on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2080: Feb 01, 2023 02:05:32 pm
      I think that could be enough to put us back in the mix depending on the quality of the players signed. You're looking at £200m at least I think. Bellingham would be huge IMO. We would then need to build on that pretty quickly as Hendo, Milner and Fabinho wind down and move on.

Yes getting in Bellingham or even or someone of that quality is key
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2081: Feb 01, 2023 02:07:34 pm

Allison
      Kelleher

TAA
      Gomez
      Ramsey
      Konate
      VVD
      New CB
      Kostas
      Robbo

Plus academy

Henderson
      Fabinho
      Bajectic
      Thiago
      New CM
      New CM
      Elliot
      Jones
      Carvahlo

Mo
      Bobby
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Gakpo
      Jota

This is a fair point when you take a step back.

Two CM of the quality of Bellingham and Mount and another young CB like Konate added to the likes of Bajcetic coming through could transform this side.

Still think though there needs a huge rethink on the tactics and looking at the squad especially for forwards all out coaching from now into pre season should be to implement a 4 2 3 1 as our base formation
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2082: Feb 01, 2023 02:16:37 pm
      This is a fair point when you take a step back.

Two CM of the quality of Bellingham and Mount and another young CB like Konate added to the likes of Bajcetic coming through could transform this side.

Still think though there needs a huge rethink on the tactics and looking at the squad especially for forwards all out coaching from now into pre season should be to implement a 4 2 3 1 as our base formation

When you look at tbe quality they have brought in for the forward line then there must be some thinking from Klopp to adjust things but something must be stopping him at the moment

Whether is the tried and tested to get through rough times of the injuries

This season when fit

Alisson

TAA
      Konate
      VVD
      Robbo

Fabinho/Henderson
      Bajcetic/Elliot

Mo
      Jota/Bobby
      Diaz/Gakpo

Núñez

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2083: Feb 01, 2023 02:29:17 pm

Nope. We need five players minimum. A whole new midfield to replace Fabinho, Keita, Ox, and Milner, and a new CB.

Fix the midfield and strengthen the defensive cover we will be strong again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2084: Feb 01, 2023 02:36:39 pm
      Nope. We need five players minimum. A whole new midfield to replace Fabinho, Keita, Ox, and Milner, and a new CB.

Fix the midfield and strengthen the defensive cover we will be strong again.

We ain't going to be four starting quality CM this summer. Simply won't happen.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2085: Feb 01, 2023 02:39:46 pm
      Would love to see us bring in Caicedo, Bellingham, and one of MacAllister or Gallagher in the Summer, would bring everything that's missing from our current midfield, strength, pace, dynamism, and creativity.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #2086: Feb 01, 2023 02:40:48 pm
      We ain't going to be four starting quality CM this summer. Simply won't happen.

Oh I know we won't mate just pointing out what we need if we want to compete next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2087: Feb 01, 2023 02:49:36 pm
      Oh I know we won't mate just pointing out what we need if we want to compete next season.

As sh*te as we are I think we can be right back into contention with 2/3 of the right players.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2088: Feb 01, 2023 02:58:11 pm

Madness

Madness, indeed. Trent is 24yo and an elite, PROVEN talent.

This team does not need this big rebuild some are saying. A couple quality adds and off we go.

Looks like a lot of posters here were drama students back in school.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2089: Feb 01, 2023 03:03:26 pm
      As sh*te as we are I think we can be right back into contention with 2/3 of the right players.

How are we supposed to acquire the 'right players' Si?
      We have failed to sign a midfielder in the 3 seasons that the writing was on the wall!
      I'm afraid any optimism regarding FSG and new signings has long since evaporated.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #2090: Feb 01, 2023 03:07:21 pm

It wasn’t that long ago those players were challenging for everything

The likes of Gomez and Jones are solid back up players

I know it’s hard not to react because of the current form but players form isn’t terminal
      You're not wrong, and I like that you always have a pragmatic approach to your arguments, I really do.

I kind of equate the drop in form as a prize fighter getting KOd. There's only so much you can take before you can't take it anymore. Chuck Liddell could take a punch with the best of them, and then he had git KOd by Jackson, and that was it. He never could take a punch again and always got out out when his chin got touched. There's only so much you can take before you can't take it anymore.

We've played SO MANY games over the past 5 years, and for the likes of Hendo, Fab, etc. it seems to have accumulated into their bodies nit being able to endure the rigorous task of high end football.

Need to replace them
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #2091: Feb 01, 2023 03:08:35 pm
      How are we supposed to acquire the 'right players' Si?
      We have failed to sign a midfielder in the 3 seasons that the writing was on the wall!
      I'm afraid any optimism regarding FSG and new signings has long since evaporated.

We've singed forwards though. Not as if we haven't signed footballers over the last couple years.

The manager was happy with his midfield for the most part over the last few seasons
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,983 posts | 3421 
      Reply #2092: Feb 01, 2023 03:10:43 pm
      You're not wrong, and I like that you always have a pragmatic approach to your arguments, I really do.

I kind of equate the drop in form as a prize fighter getting KOd. There's only so much you can take before you can't take it anymore. Chuck Liddell could take a punch with the best of them, and then he had git KOd by Jackson, and that was it. He never could take a punch again and always got out out when his chin got touched. There's only so much you can take before you can't take it anymore.

We've played SO MANY games over the past 5 years, and for the likes of Hendo, Fab, etc. it seems to have accumulated into their bodies nit being able to endure the rigorous task of high end football.

Need to replace them

I’m not ready to write them off yet and yes I think that the sheer number of games over the last 18 months has taken its toil

Hence why a good rest this summer will be great for them both and then go again next season alongside new players so they aren’t played week in week out

If you bring in a Bellingham plus say Nunes or Mount etc

You would then have 8 options for 3 roles and plenty of chances to keep players fresh

Quick Reply