Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Scouting talk

Read 321506 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2116: Feb 02, 2023 09:34:30 am
      Adrian taking up that spot is silly you're 100% right.

For all the game time he'll ever see it's pointless.

So senior players leaving in the summer is probably minimum these.

1. Ox
      2. Naby
      3. Adrian
      4. Philips

Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2117: Feb 02, 2023 09:36:11 am
      Well klopp never seen it t hat way, he thought he had plenty MF options. the fall off in certain players has taken a lot by surprise.

Not really. The signs were there with fabinho last season and his performance if you want to call it that at Fulham on the opening day confirmed what I already knew. He's finished at this level. Seen nothing since to suggest otherwise.

As for the others ... no surprise with hendo. In and out. His body no longer allows him to do the things which made him the player he was. That wasn't going to change this season and it won't next season.

Jones keita Ox ... no surprises. Still not good enough. Always injured ... so no real surprises. All should have been moved on.

Thiago ... he's got quality. But injured alot of the time. So no real surprises.

Milner ... he's 38. He's not let us down. He's had his niggles too ... as expected. Understandable at his age.

So basically ... no real surprises. It was obvious the midfield needed sorting. We didn't do it. We had no plan. And The consequences have also been no surprise.

Big summer ahead for JĂźrgen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #2118: Feb 02, 2023 09:46:35 am
      Well klopp never seen it that way, he thought he had plenty MF options. the fall off in certain players has taken a lot by surprise.

Anyway, we are where we are, it will be what it will be. :)

Well if it's a surprise to Klopp it's certainly not a surprise to the many supporters who were crying out for midfield reinforcements in the Summer.

Was clear as day the midfield was not sustainable going in to this season. Too many injury prone players, half past their peak, after many long seasons playing in a highly physically intense Klopp system. To not rejuvenate the midfield was either a massive blind spot, or just arrogantly neglected.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2119: Feb 02, 2023 11:51:02 am
      Losing the will to live on this forum, no got the energy to reply anymore.  Im out for a while.

constant blame game, I know better than you, I was right klopp was wrong FSGOUT blah blah blah...
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2120: Feb 02, 2023 11:53:18 am
      Isco is just a lazy mercenary who went off the boil ages ago. I find it shocking when players with that level of ability waste their talent instead of maintaining a high level well into their 30s which is what true pros should be aiming for.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2121: Feb 02, 2023 11:54:00 am
      Losing the will to live on this forum, no got the energy to reply anymore.  Im out for a while.

constant blame game, I know better than you, I was right klopp was wrong FSGOUT blah blah blah...

Don't let the bas**rds get you down
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2122: Feb 02, 2023 01:22:04 pm
      Apart from the fact that I've never been impressed with him at Madrid, that his work rate is pretty bad and that he is pretty slow, he is also out injured a lot and he just failed a move to Union Berlin after he had agreed terms with the club and him and his agent then tried to squeeze them for more after the medical (basically backtracking on the terms they agreed earlier).

Hard pass for me. 

Different strokes. Beggars can’t be choosers.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2123: Feb 02, 2023 02:29:39 pm
      Not really. The signs were there with fabinho last season and his performance if you want to call it that at Fulham on the opening day confirmed what I already knew. He's finished at this level. Seen nothing since to suggest otherwise.

As for the others ... no surprise with hendo. In and out. His body no longer allows him to do the things which made him the player he was. That wasn't going to change this season and it won't next season.

Jones keita Ox ... no surprises. Still not good enough. Always injured ... so no real surprises. All should have been moved on.

Thiago ... he's got quality. But injured alot of the time. So no real surprises.

Milner ... he's 38. He's not let us down. He's had his niggles too ... as expected. Understandable at his age.

So basically ... no real surprises. It was obvious the midfield needed sorting. We didn't do it. We had no plan. And The consequences have also been no surprise.

Big summer ahead for JĂźrgen.

Are you really so naĂŻve that you actually think that had we gotten Touchameni or whatever other midfielder none of this disastrous season would have happened?

So a midfielder (or 2) would have prevented Bobby, Diaz and Jota from getting hurt. Would have made Salah score more than 7 goals and prevented Trent from forgetting how to defend. Or Van Dijk from getting hurt and other times looking lost at CB after basically being the best CB walking this earth for a while. Heck, even Alisson was confusing Wolves players for our defenders during a Cup game earlier.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2124: Feb 02, 2023 03:00:58 pm
      Are you really so naĂŻve that you actually think that had we gotten Touchameni or whatever other midfielder none of this disastrous season would have happened?

So a midfielder (or 2) would have prevented Bobby, Diaz and Jota from getting hurt. Would have made Salah score more than 7 goals and prevented Trent from forgetting how to defend. Or Van Dijk from getting hurt and other times looking lost at CB after basically being the best CB walking this earth for a while. Heck, even Alisson was confusing Wolves players for our defenders during a Cup game earlier.

Might not have conceded goals at the rate we have because we have given up big chances to the opposition at a rate only seen by those teams in the bottom 6 - that’s nothing to do with the forwards.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,193 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2125: Feb 02, 2023 04:02:50 pm
      It's stupid to say new signings wouldn't have made much difference to individual mistakes and performances this season. It's the effect on the team that matters. If the team plays with consistency and rhythm and is in a good moment it reduces the likelihood of individual mistakes. It also reduces their significance when they do happen.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #2126: Feb 02, 2023 04:31:40 pm
      It's stupid to say new signings wouldn't have made much difference to individual mistakes and performances this season. It's the effect on the team that matters. If the team plays with consistency and rhythm and is in a good moment it reduces the likelihood of individual mistakes. It also reduces their significance when they do happen.

what is stupid is to think that none of this would have happened if we had a new midfielder. Injuries have been horrific and we've had injury AND performance problems in every single position of the field, except maybe goalie and LB.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2127: Feb 02, 2023 04:49:54 pm
      what is stupid is to think that none of this would have happened if we had a new midfielder. Injuries have been horrific and we've had injury AND performance problems in every single position of the field, except maybe goalie and LB.

Actually....even changing one thing in an experiment can completely change the outcome. Had we added one player, maybe others wouldn't have gotten hurt (unless you believe there's something intrinsically wrong and we are just prone to injury) because no one would be at the exact spot at the exact moment that their injury occurred.  No one can know, so there's nothing wrong with anyone postulating that maybe a different outcome had occurred had the club made different decisions. Could be the season could have gone even worse. We'll never know but it's cool to discuss it. Don't be such a debbie downer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,482 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2128: Feb 02, 2023 05:07:29 pm

Maybe what is more stupid is letting the midfield get to the state that its in. Nobody is saying we've had won the league if we'd signed a midfielder. But midfield was, and still is, where we most need to strengthen and bring in fresh quality. Unless you still think we don't need to sign anyone in CM and what we have is fine.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,726 posts | 847 
      Reply #2129: Feb 02, 2023 06:48:01 pm
      That's the thing tho, beggars can be choosers depending on the options you put in front of them. If the options are to stay as you are or make the situation even worse then the choice is clear. Isco, with his apparent attitude problems, injury problems and overall useless input he will give us on the pitch is a negative.

Why tie who knows how much a week in wages for who knows how long on him in that case? That, for me, is the textbook illustration of ''I'd prefer we recall a youngster from loan and give him a chance instead of signing this guy''. If the minutes are truly available and Klopp really thinks he needs someone to fill them then I'd prefer we recall Morton or Clarkson from loan and give them the minutes rather than sign Isco.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #2130: Feb 02, 2023 06:51:58 pm

He has just had his contract ripped up because he was that crap and a move to Berlin fell through because he asked for huge wages - why on earth would anyone want him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2131: Feb 02, 2023 07:12:40 pm
      He has just had his contract ripped up because he was that crap and a move to Berlin fell through because he asked for huge wages - why on earth would anyone want him

Why on earth would anyone want Arthur Melo?

Who F***ing cares. Not sure why I have to justify my opinion to you?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #2132: Feb 02, 2023 07:29:36 pm
      Why on earth would anyone want Arthur Melo?

Who f**king cares. Not sure why I have to justify my opinion to you?

Well he wasn’t a player that had his contract ripped up for being sh*t 🤦‍♂️

You are on a forum - people will challenge your opinions 🤦‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2133: Feb 02, 2023 07:53:22 pm
      Well he wasn’t a player that had his contract ripped up for being sh*t 🤦‍♂️

You are on a forum - people will challenge your opinions 🤦‍♂️

So our standard for adding a midfield players was one that didn't have his contract ripped up. Got it.

Yes I know people will challenge my opinions. My question was why do I have to justify it to YOU. Who made you the defacto forum responder to anything FSG/Transfer/team related?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #2134: Feb 02, 2023 08:01:53 pm
      So our standard for adding a midfield players was one that didn't have his contract ripped up. Got it.

Yes I know people will challenge my opinions. My question was why do I have to justify it to YOU. Who made you the defacto forum responder to anything FSG/Transfer/team related?

Where did I say anything about that being the standard

We are talking about Isco and people are giving you a reason why signing him would be beyond stupid

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #2135: Feb 02, 2023 08:03:19 pm
      That's the thing tho, beggars can be choosers depending on the options you put in front of them. If the options are to stay as you are or make the situation even worse then the choice is clear. Isco, with his apparent attitude problems, injury problems and overall useless input he will give us on the pitch is a negative.

Why tie who knows how much a week in wages for who knows how long on him in that case? That, for me, is the textbook illustration of ''I'd prefer we recall a youngster from loan and give him a chance instead of signing this guy''. If the minutes are truly available and Klopp really thinks he needs someone to fill them then I'd prefer we recall Morton or Clarkson from loan and give them the minutes rather than sign Isco.

Stop being far too sensible
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2136: Feb 02, 2023 08:38:19 pm

Where did I say anything about that being the standard

We are talking about Isco and people are giving you a reason why signing him would be beyond stupid

You really are pretty thick.  No self awareness is a dangerous thing. Try developing some. It will help you in life.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,685 posts | 3360 
      Reply #2137: Feb 02, 2023 08:45:47 pm
      You really are pretty thick.  No self awareness is a dangerous thing. Try developing some. It will help you in life.

You are calling others thick when you start going on about bringing Isco in - shows your lack of basic knowledge of the club , the player and Klopp - no surprise really , maybe time to stick to baseball or whatever us sport you wagch
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,194 posts | 6348 
      Reply #2138: Feb 02, 2023 09:34:50 pm
      You are calling others thick when you start going on about bringing Isco in - shows your lack of basic knowledge of the club , the player and Klopp - no surprise really , maybe time to stick to baseball or whatever us sport you wagch

I said, “give him a look”. That doesn’t mean just go sign him. It means do some analysis and see if he could help us out in any way because obviously our other panic buy isn’t really helping us. Maybe you should not stick your nose into a conversation that wasn’t involving you as I was replying to another poster. For some reason you have this narcissistic view that everyone on this forum needs to know what your opinion is and then you get all bitchy when you’re told to F**k off.

Quick Reply