Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Scouting talk

Read 327118 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,924 posts | 3400 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2162: Feb 07, 2023 07:43:40 pm
      I dunno, man.  He did anything you ask him on the pitch. Awesome Awesome player

He is a good player - proper c**t though and don’t expect the manager would touch him
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2163: Feb 07, 2023 07:50:53 pm
      He is a good player - proper c**t though and don’t expect the manager would touch him
      But he would be our c**t?

I'm not big on those types of guys,  but I rate him sooooo high. And he didn't seem to be a poor teammate. He always does his job. What seems to be his issue?

It doesn't matter anyways. He will be off to Barca soon
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #2164: Feb 07, 2023 09:35:56 pm
      I agree. But I'm over it.  Now I'm building a mf for the summer. So far I got Bellinham, Mount, and Neves. Also gonna steal Bernardo Silva from City once the hammer is dropped  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

i've got Bellingham, Rice, plus Tielemans as a squad player on a free, to keep costs down  :f_whistle:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2165: Feb 08, 2023 04:25:21 am
      i've got Bellingham, Rice, plus Tielemans as a squad player on a free, to keep costs down  :f_whistle:
      Put in for Julian Wards job!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2166: Feb 08, 2023 08:37:58 am
      Bellingham
      Caicedo
      Rice
      Neves
      Mount
      Gallagher
      Tielamens
      MacCallister

Pick 3 and fix our midfield please.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2167: Feb 08, 2023 10:28:31 am
      Bellingham
      Caicedo
      Rice
      Neves
      Mount
      Gallagher
      Tielamens
      MacCallister

More likely it will be Nunes, a Milner extension and a couple of knee braces for Ox.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #2168: Feb 08, 2023 11:48:56 am
      More likely it will be Nunes, a Milner extension and a couple of knee braces for Ox.

I hope not. Milner should have been replaced at least a year ago, same for one, of or both of, Keita and Ox.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,924 posts | 3400 
      Reply #2169: Feb 08, 2023 12:47:32 pm
      I hope not. Milner should have been replaced at least a year ago, same for one, of or both of, Keita and Ox.

Milner will be extended

He ticks a lot of boxes and still fulfills a role for the club and team
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2170: Feb 08, 2023 01:42:40 pm
      Bellingham
      Caicedo
      Rice
      Neves
      Mount
      Gallagher
      Tielamens
      MacCallister

Would love this, but sadly its a pipe dream. We will sign Jude and then get a bargain player notion this list. I'm okay with this, as long as we do our homework and it makes sense. Lot of good talent out there in the other leagues.

Ox and Kieta will go. Barjetic and Morton will play bigger roles. Hendo will play a smaller one. I'm 50/50 on Mily. Would rather have him in the coaching staff.

Fab will go if we find a suitor
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2171: Feb 08, 2023 01:43:03 pm
      Bellingham
      Caicedo
      Rice
      Neves
      Mount
      Gallagher
      Tielamens
      MacCallister

Would love this, but sadly its a pipe dream. We will sign Jude and then get a bargain player not on this list. I'm okay with this, as long as we do our homework and it makes sense. Lot of good talent out there in the other leagues.

Ox and Kieta will go. Barjetic and Morton will play bigger roles. Hendo will play a smaller one. I'm 50/50 on Mily. Would rather have him in the coaching staff.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2172: Feb 08, 2023 02:18:29 pm
      Would love this, but sadly its a pipe dream. We will sign Jude and then get a bargain player not on this list. I'm okay with this, as long as we do our homework and it makes sense. Lot of good talent out there in the other leagues.

I don't see Klopp giving up on Fab yet, but obviously you never know what he'll decide over the summer. I personally see him returning, but Jürgen knows best.

So far i have Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Elliott and Bajcetic coming back next season. Thiago, Milner and Keita as maybe's and Ox a definite gone. Of the maybe's at least 1 will go, maybe 2 so that leaves 2 to maybe 3 spots available. 1 would hope is Bellingham and the other preferably in his mid 20s to provide experience and leadership on the field. Not sure what Jürgen's plan for Morton is but he did look promising when he was here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2173: Feb 08, 2023 02:35:29 pm

Ox and Keita out I agree. Hendo and Milner will have basically the same role in my mind (role players). Thiago will be here, Bajcetic should improve, as should Jones. Klopp isn't going to lose Fab, he'll give him a chance to right the ship next season. So really, that leaves Thiago, Fab (if he turns it around) and ?? for our starting 3 in midfield. My guess would be that slot is open for Bellingham and then we would also look at a mid-tier player to cover for Fab/Thiago and then we'll supplement with the youngsters. As long as we don't have monumental injuries, that should be a good enough midfield.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2174: Feb 08, 2023 02:39:19 pm
      I don't see Klopp giving up on Fab yet, but obviously you never know what he'll decide over the summer. I personally see him returning, but Jürgen knows best.

So far i have Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Elliott and Bajcetic coming back next season. Thiago, Milner and Keita as maybe's and Ox a definite gone. Of the maybe's at least 1 will go, maybe 2 so that leaves 2 to maybe 3 spots available. 1 would hope is Bellingham and the other preferably in his mid 20s to provide experience and leadership on the field. Not sure what Jürgen's plan for Morton is but he did look promising when he was here.
      He looks good at Blackburn, but the prem is another animal entirely.

Thiago being a maybe is interesting. I love his class, but I could see a scenario where we try to recoup some of the money we paid and move him. He made a lot of sense 3 years ago, not so much now. Not his fault.

We need to grab up a young pressure style MFer who can run with a ball. A hybrid Gini/Kieta style player. I like Yunus Musah for this, but I only watch him with the USMNT, so I don't know what he's like at his club. He's also really young and I could see Klopp thinking he's not quite ready.

Douglas Luiz was a great fit for us, wish we could've moved for him. Joelinton too
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2175: Feb 08, 2023 02:48:50 pm
      He looks good at Blackburn, but the prem is another animal entirely.

Thiago being a maybe is interesting. I love his class, but I could see a scenario where we try to recoup some of the money we paid and move him. He made a lot of sense 3 years ago, not so much now. Not his fault.

We need to grab up a young pressure style MFer who can run with a ball. A hybrid Gini/Kieta style player. I like Yunus Musah for this, but I only watch him with the USMNT, so I don't know what he's like at his club. He's also really young and I could see Klopp thinking he's not quite ready.

Douglas Luiz was a great fit for us, wish we could've moved for him. Joelinton too

I believe Thiago is out of contract this summer.

I like Musah, but with Jones, Elliott, Bellingham and Bajcetic we'd already have 4 players barely in their early 20s. We'd need someone nearing (or in) his prime years for more balance and consistency.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2176: Feb 08, 2023 02:55:38 pm
      Ox and Keita out I agree. Hendo and Milner will have basically the same role in my mind (role players). Thiago will be here, Bajcetic should improve, as should Jones. Klopp isn't going to lose Fab, he'll give him a chance to right the ship next season. So really, that leaves Thiago, Fab (if he turns it around) and ?? for our starting 3 in midfield. My guess would be that slot is open for Bellingham and then we would also look at a mid-tier player to cover for Fab/Thiago and then we'll supplement with the youngsters. As long as we don't have monumental injuries, that should be a good enough midfield.

Bellingham on his own won't be enough. All our midfielders bar the kid Bajcetic are injury prone or well past their prime.

We need 2 to 3 top young midfielders minimum or we won't improve as a team.

This is why new owners is so imperative now, a club of our stature needs to be backed with adequate funds to compete for the top prizes.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #2177: Feb 08, 2023 03:31:21 pm
      Bellingham
      Caicedo
      Rice
      Neves
      Mount
      Gallagher
      Tielamens
      MacCallister

Nothing wrong with your list, but additional to the obvious names that crop up we could do with "Doing a Brighton" and start picking up some of the unknown gems that are out there. surely if they can find them, then so can we.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2178: Feb 08, 2023 03:40:13 pm
      Nothing wrong with your list, but additional to the obvious names that crop up we could do with "Doing a Brighton" and start picking up some of the unknown gems that are out there. surely if they can find them, then so can we.
      I made a joke a while ago about signing their scouting department. They're crushing it.  They've been getting good money on guys and still not seeing a drop off since they're scouts are getting it right.  It's just sale and next man up. Liverpool use to have a scout named Twentyman who was synonymous with helping the Boot Room do this.

Yall need to talk more.  I'm sitting in a domestic violence conference and it's getting slow :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,924 posts | 3400 
      Reply #2179: Feb 08, 2023 04:31:23 pm
      I believe Thiago is out of contract this summer.

I like Musah, but with Jones, Elliott, Bellingham and Bajcetic we'd already have 4 players barely in their early 20s. We'd need someone nearing (or in) his prime years for more balance and consistency.

Thiago isn’t out of contract
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2180: Feb 08, 2023 06:07:14 pm
      Yeah. One more season
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #2181: Feb 08, 2023 06:07:33 pm

Ah, thought he had joined on a 3yr deal. Did not realize it was 4.

He's def staying then.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,924 posts | 3400 
      Reply #2182: Feb 08, 2023 06:23:53 pm

I’m very much undecided on him

Wonderful talented player

But I’m not sure if work well with him
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #2183: Feb 08, 2023 06:24:45 pm
      I’m very much undecided on him

Wonderful talented player

But I’m not sure if work well with him

Not sure if serious.

Last year we'd have been nowhere near challenging for the quad without him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #2184: Feb 08, 2023 06:38:32 pm
      Not sure if serious.

Last year we'd have been nowhere near challenging for the quad without him.
      Sure,  but he was asked to do what he did well.  This year our MF has regressed and we've ask him to do more.  He's ideal with two work horses around him. He also benefits from Bobby, and obviously be hasn't played in sometime

Quick Reply