Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310633 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2185: Mar 15, 2023 11:55:24 pm
      So with Real out the way looks like we need at least 3 quality midfielders, would have been 2 but Thiago can’t be trusted.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2186: Mar 16, 2023 12:09:58 am
      So with Real out the way looks like we need at least 3 quality midfielders, would have been 2 but Thiago can’t be trusted.

We need 3.

We'll get 1.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #2187: Mar 16, 2023 12:21:03 am
      But former Liverpool striker Michael Owen does not think it is all doom and gloom.

Speaking on BT Sport, he said: "Liverpool's strength is that group of players who have been to the trenches and won together.

"That takes years of building. Why is everyone talking about a refresh?

"I think Liverpool have got enough. Looking through their starting XI, there's nobody out there better than their goalkeeper. Their right-back is unbelievable, the left-back too, Virgil van Dijk is probably the best in the world when he is on form. Ibrahima Konate is brilliant. The front five are brilliant."

------------------------

He's talking like this season never happened.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2188: Mar 16, 2023 06:54:56 pm
      But former Liverpool striker Michael Owen does not think it is all doom and gloom.

Speaking on BT Sport, he said: "Liverpool's strength is that group of players who have been to the trenches and won together.

"That takes years of building. Why is everyone talking about a refresh?

"I think Liverpool have got enough. Looking through their starting XI, there's nobody out there better than their goalkeeper. Their right-back is unbelievable, the left-back too, Virgil van Dijk is probably the best in the world when he is on form. Ibrahima Konate is brilliant. The front five are brilliant."

------------------------

He's talking like this season never happened.

TBF Owen is known for talking a lot of sh*t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2189: Mar 16, 2023 09:06:57 pm
      Enrique says Gravenberch to the Reds is a done deal as they share the same agent. Has he let something slip he wasn't supposed to or just talking sh*t?
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #2190: Mar 18, 2023 09:09:29 am
      Enrique says Gravenberch to the Reds is a done deal as they share the same agent. Has he let something slip he wasn't supposed to or just talking sh*t?

Not sure if this is real but but isn’t Gravenberch just sitting on the bench at Bayern? We need proper players not more young talents that become good in 2-3 years…
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2191: Mar 18, 2023 05:35:30 pm
      Not sure if this is real but but isn’t Gravenberch just sitting on the bench at Bayern? We need proper players not more young talents that become good in 2-3 years…

Wrong. We need quality young midfielders.

Gravenberch is quality. Gravenberch, Bellingham, and Mount in the Summer would be great business.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #2192: Mar 18, 2023 09:50:54 pm

Gravenberch is quality. Gravenberch, Bellingham, and Mount in the Summer would be great business.

I'd take that and regarding Michael Owens comments referenced above, with everyone fit I believe we have a defence and forward line that would rival any team. When confidence and form are back to levels we are accustomed to. Get those three players in were back in business
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2193: Mar 19, 2023 04:19:26 am

Fairy tale business. I think we will do good business, but it wont be that ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2194: Mar 19, 2023 07:34:38 am

Mount is a decent squad player at best. Gravenberch is still largely potential. I love Jude as a player and his personality,  he is demanding but very level headed, slightly concerned he is playing with a bit of a knee issue atm.  Would be surprised if more than 1 of those 3 were to be a serious target
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2195: Mar 19, 2023 01:11:38 pm
      I don't know. It's a weird one as far as I'm concerned. Other than the fact that I have no idea about Enrique's credibility when it comes to transfers, Bayern strikes me as the type of team where everything is planned at least to the medium term. I don't see them buying a 19yo with lots of potential only to give up on him in the space of one season and ship him out the next summer. I'm leaning more towards journos looking at the situation and making a 1 + 1 type of link because he's on the bench.

The other thing is that their midfield isn't exactly overflowing with players. They basically have Kimmich, Goretzka, Musiala, Gravenberch and then two 17-year old kids. That's, essentially, a 4 senior players midfield with one of them reportedly being benched most of the season. So if this rumour has some truth to it then we should keep an eye out on Bayern's moves/search for midfield because I don't see them moving Gravenberch before a replacement has been identified and talks are almost done if not done for his transfer to the Allianz

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2196: Mar 22, 2023 02:43:08 pm
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2197: Mar 22, 2023 02:48:41 pm
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2198: Mar 22, 2023 03:05:30 pm
      Always seems to be a story related to his attitude or his mom popping up. No thanks, I'll pass.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2199: Mar 24, 2023 05:18:18 pm
      https://twitter.com/teamtalk/status/1639315119573286941?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Is he any good ? Seen his name been banded around a few times
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2200: Mar 29, 2023 10:10:58 am
      Liverpool eye Ndicka as Gvardiol alternative
      Liverpool have entered the race for Eintracht Frankfurt star Evan Ndicka with the centre-back available for free at the end of the season, according to the Daily Mirror.
      Arsenal and Tottenham have both been monitoring the Frenchman in the past who could pose as an alternative to RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol.
      Manager Jürgen Klopp is said to be appealed by the player's versatility. Ndicka is available for free this summer, is left-sided and can play both left-back and holding midfield.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2201: Mar 29, 2023 05:00:55 pm
      Liverpool have entered the race for Eintracht Frankfurt star Evan Ndicka with the centre-back available for free at the end of the season, according to the Daily Mirror.
      Arsenal and Tottenham have both been monitoring the Frenchman in the past who could pose as an alternative to RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol.
      Manager Jürgen Klopp is said to be appealed by the player's versatility. Ndicka is available for free this summer, is left-sided and can play both left-back and holding midfield.

I can see us selling Tsimikas and signing this lad to bring in a few quid
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2202: Mar 29, 2023 08:42:43 pm
      I can see us selling Tsimikas and signing this lad to bring in a few quid

Hopefully a Matip replacement mate as he’ll be on a free
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2203: Mar 31, 2023 11:00:14 am

Seems to be daily noise about this guy signing

https://twitter.com/anfieldedition/status/1641741722345435139?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2204: Apr 01, 2023 07:28:23 pm
      Jacob Ramsey would give us a ton of life in the MF, and he is only 21
      Smitty80sbaby
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 113 posts | 25 
      Reply #2205: Apr 01, 2023 08:18:50 pm
      Jacob Ramsey would give us a ton of life in the MF, and he is only 21

If he's 40m then he's 35m more than our budget 🤣
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2206: Apr 01, 2023 08:26:06 pm
      If he's 40m then he's 35m more than our budget 🤣
      Is it me or all your posts consists of one of those three things :

- ''FSG out'' or a synonym

- An answer to a serious question proposal by a ''we don't have the budget'' joke

- Some sort of daft thing to say like ''lets bring in Nagelsmann''

I don't understand why you make an account and come post on a forum if 95% of your answer are inhibitors to any debate/conversation. If you noticed, the website's colors are red, not blue, and there's no tweety bird in the logo
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2207: Apr 02, 2023 03:26:21 pm
      Is it me or all your posts consists of one of those three things :

- ''FSG out'' or a synonym

- An answer to a serious question proposal by a ''we don't have the budget'' joke

- Some sort of daft thing to say like ''lets bring in Nagelsmann''

I don't understand why you make an account and come post on a forum if 95% of your answer are inhibitors to any debate/conversation. If you noticed, the website's colors are red, not blue, and there's no tweety bird in the logo

Instead of tweetybird, you should of mentioned the fish!

Quick Reply