Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Scouting talk

Read 310735 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2829: Jun 01, 2023 11:04:36 am
      Liverpool will sit and wait for prices to fall ... sit on our hands and dither whilst going for quantity over quality. Others will just put the money down, take the player and move on.

It will happen this summer as well. Get used to it. I've no confidence we will bring in the quality required in the positions required. We have next to nothing to spend.

Adrian staying so kellerher will be on his way soon as we try to bring funds in to spend. Kellerher should not be leaving liverpool except on a 2 year loan.

Adrian should be leaving Liverpool. Nowhere near good enough, like gomez, fabinho and others who should be getting moved on before they leave for free as well.

Mac Allister isn't a good fit. More bad recruitment if it happens. We need a 6 and an 8 ... just for starters and he's neither. We just don't learn. Hopefully the new SD shoots it down.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2830: Jun 01, 2023 11:19:23 am

Adrian staying so kellerher will be on his way soon as we try to bring funds in to spend. Kellerher should not be leaving liverpool except on a 2 year loan.

Adrian should be leaving Liverpool. Nowhere near good enough, like gomez, fabinho and others who should be getting moved on before they leave for free as well.

Mac Allister isn't a good fit. More bad recruitment if it happens. We need a 6 and an 8 ... just for starters and he's neither. We just don't learn. Hopefully the new SD shoots it down.

Catch 22 with this one. On one hand you have to sell him to gather funds for incoming players. Thereā€™s no doubt currently heā€™s the best No2 in the Premier league. You can understand Kelleher wanting the No1 shirt and would get it at most clubs. We all know whilst Alisson there it isnā€™t happening so has to leave for his own career to move forward.

Iā€™d be nervous as F**k in your shoes if Alisson got injured as Adrian a very very poor No 2. If anything heā€™s a No 3 . Itā€™s a difficult situation for Klopp to be in. He simply canā€™t win on this one so has to prioritise the starting 11 hence him having to let him go. Doesnā€™t look like FSG wonā€™t be spending big in summer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2831: Jun 01, 2023 11:41:43 am
      Well youā€™ve taken manc rejects in the passed so why not cockney   ;D Obviously not world class but he still improves the squad and gives us that more depth which we all need now to get anywhere close to  the noisy neighbours. Just hope it isnā€™t more than 50 million even though itā€™s not coming out of my pocket.   :D

Cockenerys dont do well up north.

LFC have had some shocking failures in the past.

Struggle think of any that have done well TBH. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2832: Jun 01, 2023 11:42:57 am
      Liverpool will sit and wait for prices to fall ... sit on our hands and dither whilst going for quantity over quality. Others will just put the money down, take the player and move on.

It will happen this summer as well. Get used to it. I've no confidence we will bring in the quality required in the positions required. We have next to nothing to spend.

Klopp said both backup goalies are staying. Unless the players have different ideas.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,976 posts | 666 
      Reply #2833: Jun 01, 2023 12:04:27 pm
      Cockenerys dont do well up north.

LFC have had some shocking failures in the past.

Struggle think of any that have done well TBH. l o l
      Michael Thomas?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2834: Jun 01, 2023 12:32:41 pm
      https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1664225363893862400?s=20

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1664171924212129792?s=20

I know he's notoriously a tap in merchant on twitter but there is usually a good source behind what he is tweeting.

Rumours are now Mac Allister, Kone, Thuram.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2835: Jun 01, 2023 12:40:59 pm

Good shout. He was decent.

People also might say Paul Walsh, but I disagree didnt rate him.

Big Mark wright was ok for a while too, but unlucky with Injuries.

Massive failures, Joe cole, Konchesky  :mad:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2836: Jun 01, 2023 12:48:58 pm

More drivel

Imagine writing a player off before he has even arrived

You cried for midfielders and now they are bringing in midfielders you are crying they are wrong

Adrian staying is no issue and doesnā€™t affect anything
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2837: Jun 01, 2023 12:50:05 pm
      How is Mac Allister not good enough when he is a regular starter for one of the best National teams in the world ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2838: Jun 01, 2023 01:19:50 pm
      How is Mac Allister not good enough when he is a regular starter for one of the best National teams in the world ?

WC Winner and has just helped a team like Brighton get European football. Most excellent dude. :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #2839: Jun 01, 2023 01:44:14 pm
      Happens time and time again.

"We need to buy midfielders"

Only happy if it's players the person likes or rates.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2840: Jun 01, 2023 02:40:01 pm
      I honestly donā€™t care who we buy now that we are apparently out of the Jude sweepstakes (or were never in them to begin with). I donā€™t see any other completely team transformational players (aka Virgil or Allison) out there that we could honestly buy so as long as Klopp gets who he wants Iā€™m willing to see what happens and reserve any judgement.

Ow if we donā€™t spend on new players, Iā€™ll be a bit annoyed and wonā€™t lie, thereā€™s part of me that is still worried FSG wonā€™t stump up the cash JĆ¼rgen is looking to spend. But they kind of have to at this point right?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2841: Jun 01, 2023 03:38:06 pm
      I honestly donā€™t care who we buy now that we are apparently out of the Jude sweepstakes (or were never in them to begin with). I donā€™t see any other completely team transformational players (aka Virgil or Allison) out there that we could honestly buy so as long as Klopp gets who he wants Iā€™m willing to see what happens and reserve any judgement.

Ow if we donā€™t spend on new players, Iā€™ll be a bit annoyed and wonā€™t lie, thereā€™s part of me that is still worried FSG wonā€™t stump up the cash JĆ¼rgen is looking to spend. But they kind of have to at this point right?

So if we get good players in this window it will only be "because FSG had to. ? That is a preemptive disavowal of any idea that the ownership did something good?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2842: Jun 01, 2023 03:43:30 pm
      More drivel

Imagine writing a player off before he has even arrived

You cried for midfielders and now they are bringing in midfielders you are crying they are wrong

Adrian staying is no issue and doesnā€™t affect anything

Adrian staying would be as our 3rd choice keeper. He hasn't been our #2 for at least the past two seasons. A #3 is only going to be so good. He's fine for that role. If Kellleher leaves a new #2 will come in.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2843: Jun 01, 2023 04:19:51 pm
      So if we get good players in this window it will only be "because FSG had to. ? That is a preemptive disavowal of any idea that the ownership did something good?

Itā€™s standard these days.

Anything good - nothing to do with owners
      Anything bad - all down to owners

Latest rhetoric I have seen is ā€œwasting money on stadium that could have been spent on players insteadā€ - mainly from people that prob need a sat Nav to find the city
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #2844: Jun 01, 2023 04:20:01 pm

I've seen you mention Bellingham as a transformational player, or similar a few times now mate.

He looks a class player but is there any guarantee he would have been that one player who would transform this side?

I'm not totally convinced and the way we weem to be approaching things, buying 2/3 players to transform the midfield, she's a much better option
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2845: Jun 01, 2023 04:22:04 pm
      I've seen you mention Bellingham as a transformational player, or similar a few times now mate.

He looks a class player but is there any guarantee he would have been that one player who would transform this side?

I'm not totally convinced and the way we weem to be approaching things, buying 2/3 players to transform the midfield, she's a much better option

Yep - Bellingham has a long way to go to be compared along the likes of VVD and Allison as players that can transform a team - Iā€™m a fan of him but certainly a lot to go yet in his career

Bringing in two quality midfielders can transform the squad
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1194 
      Reply #2846: Jun 01, 2023 04:39:53 pm
      Yep - Bellingham has a long way to go to be compared along the likes of VVD and Allison as players that can transform a team - Iā€™m a fan of him but certainly a lot to go yet in his career

Bringing in two quality midfielders can transform the squad

Do you think Virg and Alli showed more capacity to transform the team before we signed them than Jude now, a kid who has won player of the year in the German league and almost won the league aged 19? I think it's arguable to be honest. Can't really think of any other young midfielder in world football who you would pick as a player who could fulfill such a role. Doubt this argument would be being made if we had the money to sign him.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2847: Jun 01, 2023 04:46:11 pm
      40/50 million about right but not read anywhere about his price tags yet.

Well since your lot spunked Ā£85m on that f***in Donkey Maguire, it wouldnā€™t surprise one f***in iota if you did get Mount, our apparent interest is borne out of  the ā€™ batesā€™ that click, think Wāš“ļøā€™s , like every other midfielder seeking pastures new, weā€™ll obviously be linked with, Tielemanā€™s another although he hasnā€™t exactly been prolific of late, Maddison Iā€™d be happy with, not sure Mount fits our ideal, decent obviously but he has to tick all the right boxes, and thatā€™s JĆ¼rgenā€™s boxes not the f***in Journoā€™s boxes,

Caicedo looks a good prospect and I see him as a better signing than Mac Allister, Gravenberch we had a sniff at before when at Ajax, donā€™t think heā€™s had enough playing time to convince JĆ¼rgen heā€™s worth chasing, a player I do admire is Ryan Porteous, WHO ? I hear you cry, heā€™s a central defender mainly, 6ā€™2, Scottish and doesnā€™t F**k about, heā€™s quick, has a brain and heā€™ll run through brick walls , think Andy Robertson level of notoriety, trust me, heā€™s quality and at 24, and would fit very nicely either as a CB or can be a DM,

Another i wouldnā€™t mind is Manuel Ugarte, very good DM @ SP Lisbon, heā€™s also Uruguayan, a mate for Darwin, heā€™s 22 and again has very good qualities, these kind of players can hit the ground running, and we will need that, my only slight concern is what happens to young lads like Bacjetic, Morton etc if we keep bringing in those with experience, itā€™s a fine balancing act, we obviously need fresh legs and minds but you just canā€™t buy experience, that has to be earned, sometimes the hard way doing the hard yards, just buying anyone and hoping they fit, weā€™re not the Scummy fuckpigs down the East Lancs Rd,

f***in bored already, why canā€™t we have a mini EPL for the close season, i dunno a side made up of kids between say U18- U23, potential first teamers for the main event if you will, only the top six can enter a side, run over the six weeks from May to August, 8 V 8 but if you score, you can nominate a opposing player to leave, there is no offside, can only score within the 18 yard box, pitches can be reduced to suit, 4 Subs per game, no swearing, no calling the Ref a Cnut, no feigning injury, if you are injured youā€™re dragged off and a sub put on immediately, liken it too a version of 20/20 in cricket, 4 x 15 min periods with a penalty shootout to decide who wins in the event of a draw, ā€¦ā€¦..

ā€¦ā€¦.think it might catch on, what dā€™ya think lads & ladettes ?? 😁🫣👍😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2848: Jun 01, 2023 04:48:35 pm
      Bellingham is world class but he wouldn't be enough in our side because we need 3 midfielders min.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2849: Jun 01, 2023 04:49:36 pm
      Do you think Virg and Alli showed more capacity to transform the team before we signed them than Jude now, a kid who has won player of the year in the German league and almost won the league aged 19? I think it's arguable to be honest. Can't really think of any other young midfielder in world football who you would pick as a player who could fulfill such a role. Doubt this argument would be being made if we had the money to sign him.

The problem is itā€™s an area of the field where only the very best at the top have the ability to transform a team

He is a very talented player and he could go on to become a world class player but at 19 there is still a lot of development ahead of him. Has done well in Germany but itā€™s going to be a step up next

The likes of Allison and VVD were in let areas that just need adding too - you could say they both were the missing pieces in the jigsaw

We need more than just Bellingham to improve the midfield
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2850: Jun 01, 2023 04:54:37 pm

Well since your lot spunked Ā£85m on that f***in Donkey Maguire, it wouldnā€™t surprise one f***in iota if you did get Mount, our apparent interest is borne out of  the ā€™ batesā€™ that click, think Wāš“ļøā€™s , like every other midfielder seeking pastures new, weā€™ll obviously be linked with, Tielemanā€™s another although he hasnā€™t exactly been prolific of late, Maddison Iā€™d be happy with, not sure Mount fits our ideal, decent obviously but he has to tick all the right boxes, and thatā€™s JĆ¼rgenā€™s boxes not the f***in Journoā€™s boxes,

Caicedo looks a good prospect and I see him as a better signing than Mac Allister, Gravenberch we had a sniff at before when at Ajax, donā€™t think heā€™s had enough playing time to convince JĆ¼rgen heā€™s worth chasing, a player I do admire is Ryan Porteous, WHO ? I hear you cry, heā€™s a central defender mainly, 6ā€™2, Scottish and doesnā€™t f**k about, heā€™s quick, has a brain and heā€™ll run through brick walls , think Andy Robertson level of notoriety, trust me, heā€™s quality and at 24, and would fit very nicely either as a CB or can be a DM,

Another i wouldnā€™t mind is Manuel Ugarte, very good DM @ SP Lisbon, heā€™s also Uruguayan, a mate for Darwin, heā€™s 22 and again has very good qualities, these kind of players can hit the ground running, and we will need that, my only slight concern is what happens to young lads like Bacjetic, Morton etc if we keep bringing in those with experience, itā€™s a fine balancing act, we obviously need fresh legs and minds but you just canā€™t buy experience, that has to be earned, sometimes the hard way doing the hard yards, just buying anyone and hoping they fit, weā€™re not the Scummy fuckpigs down the East Lancs Rd,

F**kin bored already, why canā€™t we have a mini EPL for the close season, i dunno a side made up of kids between say U18- U23, potential first teamers for the main event if you will, only the top six can enter a side, run over the six weeks from May to August, 8 V 8 but if you score, you can nominate a opposing player to leave, there is no offside, can only score within the 18 yard box, pitches can be reduced to suit, 4 Subs per game, no swearing, no calling the Ref a Cnut, no feigning injury, if you are injured youā€™re dragged off and a sub put on immediately, liken it too a version of 20/20 in cricket, 4 x 15 min periods with a penalty shootout to decide who wins in the event of a draw, ā€¦ā€¦..

ā€¦ā€¦.think it might catch on, what dā€™ya think lads & ladettes ?? 😁🫣👍😁🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA

Christ you must be bored spouting all this sh*te   :lmao: Just hold your tongue about us skunking 85 million on Maguire, many of you lot saying the same about your 85 million dollar man.     ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2851: Jun 01, 2023 05:18:57 pm

Bellingham having knee surgery because he's been overplayed by Dortmund should have people maybe calm the hype train.
      If he does transfer this season hopefully it's to a team where the squad allows rotation.

Quick Reply