Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Scouting talk

Read 321820 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2875: Jun 03, 2023 02:50:11 pm
      I think Mount is a good player but I feel like we should be targeting better.

He's ok good for a set piece but soft.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2876: Jun 03, 2023 03:43:16 pm
      Sweet looks like Mount is going to the Mancs was worried we were interested.

See, prayers are sometimes answered 🙏🏻
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #2877: Jun 03, 2023 03:50:45 pm
      If as reported Mount is keen on and ends up at the m*nts he's a c*nt anyway, by default, in addition to being a chav who plays for England 😃. My sense now from the reporting is Mac is a definite (hoping this gets wrapped up sooner rather than later) and then the other will be Kone or Thuram, and  maybe the third could still be Gravenberk later in the window. You'd think this new fella coming in being from the German League might give us a bit of an inside track on the deals to be had there.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1081 
      Reply #2878: Jun 03, 2023 04:40:39 pm
      If as reported Mount is keen on and ends up at the m*nts he's a c*nt anyway, by default, in addition to being a chav who plays for England 😃. My sense now from the reporting is Mac is a definite (hoping this gets wrapped up sooner rather than later) and then the other will be Kone or Thuram, and  maybe the third could still be Gravenberk later in the window. You'd think this new fella coming in being from the German League might give us a bit of an inside track on the deals to be had there.
      I feel good about him, I really do. I forsee the Mac deal getting done and then we let him start picking apart the Budesliga. I think this gonna be a really fruitful window
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #2879: Jun 03, 2023 05:30:34 pm
      I've seen Pavard being mentioned although I have no idea if its from reliable sources or not. With that said, it would make sense that we'd be looking at defenders who can play full-back as well as CB.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2880: Jun 03, 2023 05:48:03 pm
      I've seen Pavard being mentioned although I have no idea if its from reliable sources or not. With that said, it would make sense that we'd be looking at defenders who can play full-back as well as CB.

Yeah would be a good call. Also Kounde from Barca was being linked with us but reports now coming out he wants to stay.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2881: Jun 04, 2023 12:35:17 pm
      alawas though Mount could not cope with the workload Jürgen would expect from him he like to swan about somewhat. Some good names popping up all down to finances in the end pressure is all on the owners and how much they want to see the club progress next season
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,137 posts | 1081 
      Reply #2882: Jun 04, 2023 02:20:40 pm
      This..... Safer and cheaper signing than the other CB/RB guy we were linked with (Timber). If you sign a guy like Pavard you could stay in a 4-3-3 with him as the RB and move TAA forward as a true MFer or you could play him as a CB in any other formation we deploy. Great price for such an accomplished player 👏
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2883: Jun 04, 2023 02:24:33 pm
      alawas though Mount could not cope with the workload Jürgen would expect from him he like to swan about somewhat. Some good names popping up all down to finances in the end pressure is all on the owners and how much they want to see the club progress next season

Even before United were linked with him I thought he’s pretty decent, obviously not world class but I’m hearing around 60 million and I don’t think he’s worth that, that’s the English tax for you though. I’ve heard today that him and Declan Rice are best of friends? If true might influence Rice to come to us instead  of the gunners.   ;D
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #2884: Jun 04, 2023 02:56:16 pm
      Even before United were linked with him I thought he’s pretty decent, obviously not world class but I’m hearing around 60 million and I don’t think he’s worth that, that’s the English tax for you though. I’ve heard today that him and Declan Rice are best of friends? If true might influence Rice to come to us instead  of the gunners.   ;D

If united get a quality 6 like Rice il be livid. He's exactly the type of player we need. We should be all over him.

The issue is that because we've sat on our hands for so long and kept hold of players years too long we've basically handed our place in the top 4 to united with a 40 point swing. That gives them the advantage now sadly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2885: Jun 04, 2023 03:02:32 pm
      If united get a quality 6 like Rice il be livid. He's exactly the type of player we need. We should be all over him.

The issue is that because we've sat on our hands for so long and kept hold of players years too long we've basically handed our place in the top 4 to united with a 40 point swing. That gives them the advantage now sadly.

I wouldn’t say sadly   :lmao: I’m just trying to convince myself if we get an over priced Mount we could get Rice. They both go on holiday together so proper pals.

Has Rice been linked with you?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #2886: Jun 04, 2023 04:36:41 pm
      Mount is a good player, exactly the type to add good depth to the squad. If United play it smart, the power is in their hands as he has one year left

Rice is simply over priced, he will cost close to 100m, let’s be honest

I hope we this summer shop outside of the pl, try to find players just as good which is definitely possible as they are not world beaters for half the price of not less. There are players out there but we need the right structure to find them
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #2887: Jun 04, 2023 05:02:24 pm
      I hope we this summer shop outside of the pl, try to find players just as good which is definitely possible as they are not world beaters for half the price of not less. There are players out there but we need the right structure to find them

The problem we see facing is the homegrown talent rule.  We are losing Ox and Millie from the squad.  Hendo is on his last legs.  Gomez isn't good enough after his injury a couple seasons ago.  Phillips has never really been good enough.  It's feasible we lose 3 more homegrown players in the next 1-2 years and they will need to be replaced.  That's why I thought a move for Mount made some sense as he is a quality player, in a position we need to strengthen, a good age, and fills one of the homegrown slots.  I'm nor overly concerned if we don't sign him, but we can't only be looking at foreigners at the moment.....
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2888: Jun 04, 2023 05:19:44 pm
      There are players out there but we need the right structure to find them

We need either Southamptons or Brightons scouting teams.
      They keep finding gems 🤷‍♂️
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #2889: Jun 04, 2023 05:24:49 pm
      There’s talk about Mac Alister going ahead, but apart from hearsay and rumours, it’s gone very quiet on the transfer front 🤷‍♂️

Getting worried we’ll get gazumped  😳
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #2890: Jun 04, 2023 05:31:03 pm
      There’s talk about Mac Alister going ahead, but apart from hearsay and rumours, it’s gone very quiet on the transfer front 🤷‍♂️

What are you expecting other than hearsay and rumours? Its always that until the move is done or very close to be done. Even the MacAllister stuff is just rumours, but from the mouths of some people consider a bit more reliable than others. The window isn't even open yet so I would suggest you relax a bit otherwise its gonna be a very long window for you.

Judging by how we've done business in recent years, most of our transfers are not reported on until its done and the player is to be announced in the next 24 to 72 hours. There are some exceptions, but I think this M.O. is going to remain the norm (which is something I like).
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2891: Jun 04, 2023 06:48:19 pm

you mean giving the owners a get out clause. Window isnt open yet so we need to cool our jets for a little bit longer
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2892: Jun 04, 2023 07:16:20 pm
      Mount is a good player, exactly the type to add good depth to the squad. If United play it smart, the power is in their hands as he has one year left

With the alleged   new system ETH going to play next year the signing makes sense. Apparently he wants to go back to the 4-3-3 format instead of the ones he's currently  using  4-2-3-1 He's looking at a higher press which i like the idea of. Don't think Bruno would have any problems with that.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #2893: Jun 04, 2023 09:29:33 pm
      The problem we see facing is the homegrown talent rule.  We are losing Ox and Millie from the squad.  Hendo is on his last legs.  Gomez isn't good enough after his injury a couple seasons ago.  Phillips has never really been good enough.  It's feasible we lose 3 more homegrown players in the next 1-2 years and they will need to be replaced.  That's why I thought a move for Mount made some sense as he is a quality player, in a position we need to strengthen, a good age, and fills one of the homegrown slots.  I'm nor overly concerned if we don't sign him, but we can't only be looking at foreigners at the moment.....

Oh don’t get me wrong, I would take mount in a heart beat for the right price but it’s no surprise the reports are all
      Linking him to United. It wouldn’t surprise me it’s put out by his own people to make it clear he only wants to go there

I don’t think he wants to come to us and we can’t keep financially with United

I think we need to first our first 11 imo and we have to spend smart, I’m sure we can meet the home grown quota if we go outside of the pl this season as we have a lot of youngsters who will meet it
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #2894: Jun 04, 2023 09:30:49 pm
      We need either Southamptons or Brightons scouting teams.
      They keep finding gems 🤷‍♂️

I think we are too risk adverse when it comes to transfers. We also got cocky and paid the price

Hopefully klopp and the team have found a couple of good players overseas to add into the squad to really improve it
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #2895: Jun 04, 2023 09:35:24 pm
      With the alleged   new system ETH going to play next year the signing makes sense. Apparently he wants to go back to the 4-3-3 format instead of the ones he's currently  using  4-2-3-1 He's looking at a higher press which i like the idea of. Don't think Bruno would have any problems with that.

What I’ve realised with our boss here is for the high press to work effectively. You need to change a lot of the team and bring in players suited to that

You also need to change the youth system so it mirrors how the first team players and only then can you build a successful high press system imo

But you have a good manager, I still think we will finish ahead of United next season if we can get back to 80-85 percent of our best but if your manager gets two seasons to change your whole team then you would become a force

It’s obvious you have a class manager but on in opinion, you need about 6 new first team players and another 6 squad
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2896: Jun 04, 2023 09:57:55 pm
      What I’ve realised with our boss here is for the high press to work effectively. You need to change a lot of the team and bring in players suited to that

You also need to change the youth system so it mirrors how the first team players and only then can you build a successful high press system imo

But you have a good manager, I still think we will finish ahead of United next season if we can get back to 80-85 percent of our best but if your manager gets two seasons to change your whole team then you would become a force

It’s obvious you have a class manager but on in opinion, you need about 6 new first team players and another 6 squad

I can’t disagree with you, that’s why Sir Alex was so good. He put a lot of time and effort into the youth squad and made many many visits to their games.

I’m holding judgement on where we will finish till transfer window over. Might be having £50 bet with billythered 😂 we finish above you.

ETH doing all the right things presently and his recruitment been pretty much spot on. Not sure it matter how many we bring in this window as City still in class of their own sadly. Even if we get the likes of Mount-Kane- Rice in  I still don’t think it’s good enough to catch noisy neighbours. It would win me the bet with Billy though but don’t tell him that.   ;D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #2897: Jun 04, 2023 10:34:20 pm
      Talking about the mancs tactics in this thread?

I demand deletions mods. ;D

Quick Reply