Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Scouting talk

Read 328232 times
      Brian78, HUYTON RED, PolarBearRed and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #460: Jan 16, 2022 12:47:37 am
      Not sure on him, seems for the last few seasons there has been a lot of talk about him and his potential but he doesn’t seem to really kick on.

Same. He's been the opposite of Bowen. The last two years he's digressed
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #461: Jan 16, 2022 03:27:03 am
      His name has been mentioned a few times already, but Charles De Ketelaere (Club Brugge) keeps impressing me week in, week out. He is Belgium's next big thing. He makes everything look so effortless. Kinda reminds me of Dennis Bergkamp...
      His technical abilities, pressing and versatility (can play across the front 3 and in midfield) would work wonders in Jürgen's system.
      I'm glad someone else also brought that kid up into the conversation. I think he is fantastic. I'm not a scout so I don't know for sure if he would be able to make the jump directly from Pro League to the PL but he sure does look capable. Like you said, he makes everything look so effortless which is usually a sign of a player a cut above the rest.

He is good defensively, tall, strong, quick, good finisher, can create, flair. He is good at a lot of things at the same time and seems to have a high ceiling. I would really love us to snap him up before the others come sniffing. Him or Jonathan David would be amazing.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #462: Jan 16, 2022 11:52:59 am
      Bit of a confusing article.

Starts saying that the contract's won't be renewed then says that both players will be offered contracts

Typical journalist speak for hedging their bets.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #463: Jan 16, 2022 11:54:53 am
      Because the Athletic is just another click bait rag. Last summer they’re the ones that started the drama about Hendo’s extension.

It's not necessarily the publication, but the people they have working for them, some of the footy writers will have links with the club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #464: Jan 16, 2022 11:59:48 am
      A player I liked during the Euros, Alexander Isak. Anyone keeping up with how he's been getting on?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #465: Jan 16, 2022 11:35:44 pm
      A player I liked during the Euros, Alexander Isak. Anyone keeping up with how he's been getting on?

Struggling for goals.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Reply #466: Jan 17, 2022 12:49:22 am
      I'm the first to say, I don't know anything about any other league outside of England, minus a few hours of the CL. I've seen Bellinghams videos and watched him in the CL once or twice this season. But I watch a crap ton of prem, and some EFL (in America we get 3 or 4 Championship games a week on ESPN +, and the occasional league 1 game). Based on my limited knowledge here's some dudes I love this summer.

1. Connor Gallagher - Chelsea are stupid loaing him out. Just as good as Mount this season. Going to be expensive, but he's the sh*t.
      2. Bellingham. The only concern I have for him is he's never played in the prem.
      3. Phillips - Leeds best MFer. His English international spot makes him more expensive though. Gini replacement 😔
      4. Neves. Good motor and link up play and a great shot from distance.
      5. Ward-Prowse. A little older, but could be a Milner replacement. Can play RB too.
      6. Kessie. In an ideal world we sign one of the first 4 for first spot contention and one of the two from 5-6 to take on squad roles. All of this is a pipe dream an I'm just talking sh*t 😉

1. Saka. I need to say no more. Probably the most unlikely on this list though
      2. Raphinia. Still a little raw and un polished, but under Klopp could be the left footed Mane.
      3. Bowen. He got a lot of sh*t for that chest shot in the end of the game today, but I've watched him a lot. He's good he gives his all, gets the absolute most out of his skillsets, and has wonderful pitch IQ. Isn't nearly as athletic as the other 2, and isn't the best shooter either, but always seems to work hard and end up in the right spot to link up with team mates. Sound like anyone else we know?
      4. Dybala. Dont know why I'm putting this on here, other than he's free to leave. Will be expensive and hasn't even flourished at Juventus, but he's still a solid player who can play multiple positions.
      5. Lanzini. The poor man's Coutinho can be a great sub in games we play against a low block. Always liked him. West Ham have a good squad to raid in all honesty, I'd like too see them fall out of Europe so that selling seems more of option. Benrama would fit here too.

We will have to move on from a few guys this summer. As to who, it's anyone's guess. I think the two safe choices are Milner and Origi. But Klopp will have to make decisions on Ox, Kieta, and Firmino aswell.

There's 8 inches of snow on the ground and I'm bored af.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,817 posts | 471 
      Reply #467: Jan 17, 2022 01:03:45 am
      I'm the first to say, I don't know anything about any other league outside of England, minus a few hours of the CL. I've seen Bellinghams videos and watched him in the CL once or twice this season. But I watch a crap ton of prem, and some EFL (in America we get 3 or 4 Championship games a week on ESPN +, and the occasional league 1 game). Based on my limited knowledge here's some dudes I love this summer.

1. Connor Gallagher - Chelsea are stupid loaing him out. Just as good as Mount this season. Going to be expensive, but he's the sh*t.
      2. Bellingham. The only concern I have for him is he's never played in the prem.
      3. Phillips - Leeds best MFer. His English international spot makes him more expensive though. Gini replacement 😔
      5. Ward-Prowse. A little older, but could be a Milner replacement. Can play RB too.
      6. Kessie. In an ideal world we sign one of the first 4 for first spot contention and one of the two from 5-6 to take on squad roles. All of this is a pipe dream an I'm just talking sh*t 😉

2. Raphinia. Still a little raw and un polished, but under Klopp could be the left footed Mane.
      3. Bowen. He got a lot of sh*t for that chest shot in the end of the game today, but I've watched him a lot. He's good he gives his all, gets the absolute most out of his skillsets, and has wonderful pitch IQ. Isn't nearly as athletic as the other 2, and isn't the best shooter either, but always seems to work hard and end up in the right spot to link up with team mates. Sound like anyone else we know?
      4. Dybala. Dont know why I'm putting this on here, other than he's free to leave. Will be expensive and hasn't even flourished at Juventus, but he's still a solid player who can play multiple positions.
      5. Lanzini. The poor man's Coutinho can be a great sub in games we play against a low block. Always liked him. West Ham have a good squad to raid in all honesty, I'd like too see them fall out of Europe so that selling seems more of option. Benrama would fit here too.

We will have to move on from a few guys this summer. As to who, it's anyone's guess. I think the two safe choices are Milner and Origi. But Klopp will have to make decisions on Ox, Kieta, and Firmino aswell.

I have to admit, I like your list. I really like Philips too!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Reply #468: Jan 17, 2022 01:43:18 am

I have to admit, I like your list. I really like Philips too!

Thanks dude.

He really does remind me a lot of Gini. Holding MFer who can get forward when he needs too. Has even played CB in a pinch, just like Goni. Very reliable
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #469: Jan 17, 2022 12:11:38 pm

You have sucked me in, damn you!!

Im going to avoid Gallagher Saka and Bellingham. Im not sure the clubs of the first 2 woukd sell to us, and the price put on all 3 will likey be astonomical so

Outgoings for various reason

Gomez
      Milner
      Nat
      Keita
      Ox
      Thiago
      Origi
      Minamino
      Williams

Incomings

Wirtz
      Ward Prowse
      Gravenberch
      Vlahovic
      Adeyerni
      Klostermann

Squad

Ali/Kelleher
      Trent/Klostermann/Bradley
      VVD/Klostermann
      Matip/Konate
      Robbo/Tsimikas

Hendo/Jones/ Elliott
      Fab/ Ward prowse
      Gravenberch/ Wirtz

Mo/Adeyerni/ Elliott
      Bobby/ Vlahovic
      Sadio/ Jota

Gordan, Morton also involved

Actually in the scenario where we had that squad Bobby could also move on
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #470: Jan 17, 2022 02:41:02 pm
      Sorry bin Ward Browse and add John McGinn, hes the one player we should be all over
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Reply #471: Jan 17, 2022 04:03:04 pm
      Sorry bin Ward Browse and add John McGinn, hes the one player we should be all over

Can we have them both? After making my list I thought of McGinn and Johnathan David.

Also, go watch Ward-Prowse goal from the other day. Silly.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #472: Jan 17, 2022 04:15:42 pm
      I can only imagine the fume if we bought McGinn and Ward Prowse😂
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 1097 
      Reply #473: Jan 17, 2022 04:25:38 pm
      I can only imagine the fume if we bought McGinn and Ward Prowse😂

I think both would be an upgrade to certain players within the squad.

Ward Prowse can play RB along with MF and is a great set piece taker. Perfect Milner replacement.

McGinn is much more available than Kieta and Ox. Really good passer and shooter and is a notch above Ox when it comes to defending.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #474: Jan 17, 2022 04:37:24 pm
      Still think 20mill for this guy is well worth a punt
      https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/transfer-news-adama-traore-conte-blow-barcelona-confirmation-emerges
      We need a guy that can run a defenses
      Jürgen can work on end product
      It's not breaking the bank
      Not too late FSG -- whether its him or someone else -- signing give us a boost going into an important 2nd half of the season, get the finger out!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #475: Jan 17, 2022 05:15:14 pm
      I think both would be an upgrade to certain players within the squad.

Ward Prowse can play RB along with MF and is a great set piece taker. Perfect Milner replacement.

McGinn is much more available than Kieta and Ox. Really good passer and shooter and is a notch above Ox when it comes to defending.

Both excellent players I agree mate. McGinn in particular would be a fantastic signing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,032 posts | 3429 
      Reply #476: Jan 17, 2022 05:23:28 pm
      If both were 3 years younger then certainly players they club would look at
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #477: Jan 17, 2022 05:36:15 pm
      If both were 3 years younger then certainly players they club would look at

I actually thought McGinn was around 25.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,032 posts | 3429 
      Reply #478: Jan 17, 2022 05:37:50 pm
      I actually thought McGinn was around 25.

27 mate

If he was 25 then yep club would be after him imo
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #479: Jan 17, 2022 05:40:22 pm
      Seen a few links to Philips knocking about.

Honestly can't make up my mind on him.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,032 posts | 3429 
      Reply #480: Jan 17, 2022 05:41:25 pm
      Seen a few links to Philips knocking about.

Honestly can't make up my mind on him.

Doesn’t do enough on the ball for what he would cost

Decent enough player - great engine
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,032 posts | 3429 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #482: Jan 17, 2022 05:44:43 pm
      Doesn’t do enough on the ball for what he would cost

Decent enough player - great engine

Yea that's where I'm at. Very tidy looking footballer but struggle to see him influencing our midfield to a level we would expect.

Quick Reply