Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Scouting talk

Read 325585 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #575: Jan 25, 2022 07:22:04 pm
      Yep there is a pattern - it’s simple , stop believing gossip

Stop believing journalists who look to link teams with any team to get clicks

How did I know you were coming?? ;D

Red light went off in your room. Someone's spoke about the lack of transfer business which means at some point this could turn on fsg so you're needed but don't worry we'll let you clock overtime.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #576: Jan 25, 2022 08:29:59 pm
      Linked with Traore for two years...

Spurs sealing it.

"Links" only came from Jürgen complimenting the player. There was never anything more than that.

Also, he's utter sh*te.

I get we want new players. Every supporter from every club in the world wants that. That doesn't mean we should buy for the sake of buying.
      We currently have a very good track record with Jürgen's signings. Spurs, on the other hand, have an atrocious track record with theirs. So before you get angry about them potentially getting Diaz, perhaps reserve judgement until he's actually proven himself in the PL?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #577: Jan 25, 2022 08:44:59 pm
      "Links" only came from Jürgen complimenting the player. There was never anything more than that.

Also, he's utter sh*te.

I get we want new players. Every supporter from every club in the world wants that. That doesn't mean we should buy for the sake of buying.
      We currently have a very good track record with Jürgen's signings. Spurs, on the other hand, have an atrocious track record with theirs. So before you get angry about them potentially getting Diaz, perhaps reserve judgement until he's actually proven himself in the PL?

Not angry pal. I laughed about it. I'm used to it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #578: Jan 25, 2022 09:52:53 pm
      Bit of a strange one, that.  :)

Objectively, do we even need him? I'll admit I don't watch West Ham regularly, but isn't he mostly a defensive midfielder? It would seem strange to go after such a big money signing when we already have Fabinho.
      Unless Jürgen would like to implement a tactical switch?

Seems we need to go after someone playing a little bit higher up the pitch, don't we?

Tactical switch was in my head when I read this.

4 2 3 1

Like a few if you I'd think Bellingham is the one we should really be after but who knows what way the club and Jürgen are thinking to progress this side.

As I said this morning any other source and I'd have pretty much ignored it but because it was tweeter from this website it peaked my interest more than it normally would.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #579: Jan 26, 2022 06:51:21 am
      Bit of a strange one, that.  :)

Objectively, do we even need him? I'll admit I don't watch West Ham regularly, but isn't he mostly a defensive midfielder? It would seem strange to go after such a big money signing when we already have Fabinho.
      Unless Jürgen would like to implement a tactical switch?

Seems we need to go after someone playing a little bit higher up the pitch, don't we?

Agree, can’t take anything from twatter as anything more than speculation, no difference then from the red top bullshit, and why would we be chasing a player who although decent isn’t better than we already have, and we have young Tyler Morton to consider, wouldn’t signing Rice put paid to the ambitions of young Morton, and what kind of message would that send to the other  young  prospects we have, ‘get yourself a couple of first team appearances and then we’ll F**k you off to the first bidder’ ?

From my understanding the only WHU player we have been linked with is Bowen, and again that’s just click bait!
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #580: Jan 27, 2022 03:54:26 pm
      Busy window for us this.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,798 posts | 3380 
      Reply #581: Jan 27, 2022 04:01:20 pm

As busy as it was expected to be I guess
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #582: Jan 27, 2022 07:50:07 pm

What did you expect? There's no value in January/Jurgens happy with what he's got/covid/we've not made any profits for years/the squad can't be improved on/no room for non home grown/we can still win everything this season/we're not owned by oil barons........
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #583: Jan 27, 2022 07:54:32 pm
      I like the Fulham lad, Carvalho. It'd be nice to see that one happen - Harvey and Jotta can tell him jow great we are.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #584: Jan 27, 2022 09:03:16 pm
      What did you expect? There's no value in January/Jurgens happy with what he's got/covid/we've not made any profits for years/the squad can't be improved on/no room for non home grown/we can still win everything this season/we're not owned by oil barons........

Agents fees are too much these days/there's no one that can improve us/he *insert constantly injured players name* is like a new signing now fit/new players attitudes are all wrong.....
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #585: Jan 27, 2022 09:50:20 pm
      I like the Fulham lad, Carvalho. It'd be nice to see that one happen - Harvey and Jotta can tell him jow great we are.

Good shout.
      Haven't seen him play myself, but by all accounts he seems highly rated. And out of contract in the summer, so it seems like a no-brainer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #586: Jan 27, 2022 11:34:06 pm
      I know nothing of Bellingham apart from what you guys say on here, I don't watch Rice so I have no idea about him either but I never see his name on WH's score sheet. If we gonna spend big money, I want a goal scoring midfielder not another DM. Think Jude chimes in with goals here and there from what I've heard.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #587: Jan 28, 2022 07:42:32 am
      Liverpool considering £45 mill move for Porto winger Luis Diaz .on the SSN yellow ticker
      rossyred

• 9,258 posts | 1659 
      Reply #588: Jan 28, 2022 09:12:54 am
      Believe young lad from Fulham close also either now or in Summer
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #589: Jan 28, 2022 09:28:36 am
      I know nothing of Bellingham apart from what you guys say on here, I don't watch Rice so I have no idea about him either but I never see his name on WH's score sheet. If we gonna spend big money, I want a goal scoring midfielder not another DM. Think Jude chimes in with goals here and there from what I've heard.

We dont need Rice and personally dont rate him very high, also West Ham demand an inflated fee for him. Bellingham would be perfect under Klopp but i guess Dortmund will demand at least 70 mil for him.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,135 posts | 2773 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #590: Jan 28, 2022 09:38:42 am
      Believe young lad from Fulham close also either now or in Summer

Carvalho?
      rossyred

• 9,258 posts | 1659 
      Reply #591: Jan 28, 2022 09:39:09 am
      We dont need Rice and personally dont rate him very high, also West Ham demand an inflated fee for him. Bellingham would be perfect under Klopp but i guess Dortmund will demand at least 70 mil for him.

Do you not think 70m is inflated for Bellingham . One full season in German league and very little International impact . Not saying he won't be a good signing but that is a hell of a lot of money
      rossyred

• 9,258 posts | 1659 
      Reply #592: Jan 28, 2022 09:39:46 am

Yep . Seen much of him Bri ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,928 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #593: Jan 28, 2022 09:41:32 am
      I know nothing of Bellingham apart from what you guys say on here, I don't watch Rice so I have no idea about him either

Do you know much about anything?  :f_whistle:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,135 posts | 2773 
      Reply #594: Jan 28, 2022 09:43:20 am

No pal but his name gets thrown around a lot in relation to being a standout player in whst looks to be an exceptional championship side. Think he can play attacking mid or wide mid
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,798 posts | 3380 
      Reply #595: Jan 28, 2022 11:25:54 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,135 posts | 2773 
      Reply #596: Jan 28, 2022 11:44:43 am

Hang on is it actually summer and I hibernated through winter?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #597: Jan 28, 2022 10:13:34 pm

I know you will always be a Liverpool supporting Manc c**t!  :D

Quick Reply