Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Scouting talk

Read 310850 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #713: May 14, 2022 09:37:28 pm
      Holding midfielder 3 goals and 1 assist asking for 55m Nah not for me can't see how he will take us forward with FAB playing 90% games in that role

Got a lad at work who follows a lot of Ligue 1, thinks he's one of the biggest midfield talents in world football right now.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #714: May 15, 2022 02:14:52 pm
      Holding midfielder 3 goals and 1 assist asking for 55m Nah not for me can't see how he will take us forward with FAB playing 90% games in that role
      I think that when we factor in how much rest time you already give and will have to give Hendo (who will be 32 in a month) and the rest you will have to give to Thiago (who just turned 31 and is injury prone) + Ox departing, and Jones not being totally ready to be a mainstay in the starting 11, I think it makes sense to add Tchouameni.

The lad looks like an absolute talent. 3 lungs, agile, good eye for the interception, strong, very adept at winning back the ball in all areas of the pitch (key to how we play) and good passer of the ball. He'll be able to play both the Gini role as well as the Fab role when we need him to play it.

On top of all of that you have to remember that we tend to buy players and further develop them so what you are currently seeing of Tchouameni (assuming our interest is real) is not the finished product Klopp and his staff have in mind. For all we know the lad could be transformed into a great creator from the CM position or even converted into a full-on destroyer CDM, etc. When we bought Elliott I don't think any of us expected him to be used as a RCM yet that's how he started the season and performed very well until the injury.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #715: May 15, 2022 07:36:35 pm
      Got a lad at work who follows a lot of Ligue 1, thinks he's one of the biggest midfield talents in world football right now.

Seems a lot of money and yes hear he is a talent .Just the holding midfielder bit unless like the poster below he has another idea for him
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #716: May 15, 2022 10:14:06 pm

Monaco manager, Philippe Clement, was interviewed last week on Belgian television and they asked him about Tchouaméni. He said he's one of the smartest player he's ever worked with, on and off the pitch. Said the lad is always eager to improve, listen to every advice he can get, and unlike many players, is very keen to rewatch his games to identify what he could have done better.

If anything, it seems he has the right mindset.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #717: May 16, 2022 08:28:46 am
      Monaco manager, Philippe Clement, was interviewed last week on Belgian television and they asked him about Tchouaméni. He said he's one of the smartest player he's ever worked with, on and off the pitch. Said the lad is always eager to improve, listen to every advice he can get, and unlike many players, is very keen to rewatch his games to identify what he could have done better.

If anything, it seems he has the right mindset.

Some seem to think we have got him not sure how trusted the sources are
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #718: May 16, 2022 06:25:57 pm
      Some seem to think we have got him not sure how trusted the sources are

Until it's officially announced.  I don't trust anyone.  Remember how many times over the years that we have the deal done.  Just for someone else to sign the player.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #719: May 16, 2022 09:53:09 pm
      Still think Jarrod Bowen would be a fantastic signing for our right side.

One thing we really lack is that player to slot right in when Mo isn't playing.

The others can play there but not natural for them.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #720: May 17, 2022 12:45:22 am
      Wonder if arsenal failing to finish top 4 could result in them being open to offers for saka or martinelli. Both could be awesome under klopp.

Not sure about any bargains in the relegation teams. Raphina maybe.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #721: May 18, 2022 12:00:06 am
      Until it's officially announced.  I don't trust anyone.  Remember how many times over the years that we have the deal done.  Just for someone else to sign the player.

Reckon it's close
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8460 
      Reply #722: May 18, 2022 08:43:46 pm

We're a different animal now. Look at the Diaz signing. Was gonna be done this summer, but because Spurs started sniffing and were serious, we got it done in January.

If we don't get the lad from Monaco, we'll get someone else.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #723: May 20, 2022 12:36:45 pm
      Wonder if arsenal failing to finish top 4 could result in them being open to offers for saka or martinelli. Both could be awesome under klopp.

Not sure about any bargains in the relegation teams. Raphina maybe.

Sarr, Aarons, and either of McNeil/Raphinha depending on which team gets relegated between Burnley and Leeds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #724: May 20, 2022 10:24:06 pm
      Sarr, Aarons, and either of McNeil/Raphinha depending on which team gets relegated between Burnley and Leeds.

Sarr is one of the most overrated players going. Every year he seems to get mentioned but he does next to nothing, I wouldn't even have him ahead of Taki.

Raphinha is a player that looked good and worth going after but he's pretty much downed tools and given up in the last quarter of the season and with Diaz, Salah, Jota and Mane, he wouldn't justify paying big money for. If he had a minimal release clause then it's a bit different but he doesn't strike me as a player who would work his arse off to win a place in the team.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #725: May 21, 2022 08:53:09 am

None of them would interest me
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #726: May 21, 2022 06:06:42 pm
      Sarr is one of the most overrated players going. Every year he seems to get mentioned but he does next to nothing, I wouldn't even have him ahead of Taki.

Raphinha is a player that looked good and worth going after but he's pretty much downed tools and given up in the last quarter of the season and with Diaz, Salah, Jota and Mane, he wouldn't justify paying big money for. If he had a minimal release clause then it's a bit different but he doesn't strike me as a player who would work his arse off to win a place in the team.

I think I agree on Sarr and Rafinha.

I know he'd be more expensive but Bowen is streets ahead of both.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #727: May 21, 2022 09:28:36 pm
      I think I agree on Sarr and Rafinha.

I know he'd be more expensive but Bowen is streets ahead of both.

A bit ironic really. Early season I’d have taken Raphinha over Bowen any day of the week but like you, I now rate Bowen as the better player to go after. He’s impressed this season
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #728: May 21, 2022 09:34:01 pm
      A bit ironic really. Early season I’d have taken Raphinha over Bowen any day of the week but like you, I now rate Bowen as the better player to go after. He’s impressed this season

He has it all to fit in with us for me.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #729: May 22, 2022 12:06:35 am
      According to twitter we have been linked with Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV. He plays CDM/CM according to transfermarkt. Anyone know anything about him?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #730: May 23, 2022 01:04:04 pm
      A lot of talk about this Tchouameni agreeing terms with us. A few have said he has also agreed a deal in principle with Madrid and is apparently mulling over who he wants to join. Don’t know how much truth there is to it all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #731: May 23, 2022 01:17:35 pm
      A lot of talk about this Tchouameni agreeing terms with us. A few have said he has also agreed a deal in principle with Madrid and is apparently mulling over who he wants to join. Don’t know how much truth there is to it all.

Yea, I read that too, he's supposedly waiting till after the final to make his decision. If that's the case, I'd rescind any agreement and tell him to F**k off to Madrid. We don't need that kind of attitude in our team. Sounds like a Pogba in the making to me.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #732: May 23, 2022 03:25:08 pm
      Yea, I read that too, he's supposedly waiting till after the final to make his decision. If that's the case, I'd rescind any agreement and tell him to f**k off to Madrid. We don't need that kind of attitude in our team. Sounds like a Pogba in the making to me.
      Thought that myself mate. Fair play if he wants to take some time to think what is best for him, I don’t expect these players to have any allegiances to Liverpool but I don’t see what influence the game on Saturday should have on his decision.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #733: May 23, 2022 04:28:37 pm
      Thought that myself mate. Fair play if he wants to take some time to think what is best for him, I don’t expect these players to have any allegiances to Liverpool but I don’t see what influence the game on Saturday should have on his decision.

Who knows if that's even true. Perhaps both clubs told him they'd rather wait for the end of the season before making any kind of deal...

According to twitter we have been linked with Ibrahim Sangaré from PSV. He plays CDM/CM according to transfermarkt. Anyone know anything about him?

Can't say I know anything about him. Is he the cheap alternative to Tchouaméni?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #734: May 23, 2022 05:23:41 pm
      Who knows if that's even true. Perhaps both clubs told him they'd rather wait for the end of the season before making any kind of deal...

Can't say I know anything about him. Is he the cheap alternative to Tchouaméni?

I don't know about cheap but it sounds like he's the alternative (or maybe he's first choice?).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #735: May 23, 2022 05:53:40 pm
      Yea, I read that too, he's supposedly waiting till after the final to make his decision. If that's the case, I'd rescind any agreement and tell him to f**k off to Madrid. We don't need that kind of attitude in our team. Sounds like a Pogba in the making to me.

Whilst I don't believe there is any sort of agreement/offer in place for him. Like you say, if there is and he's taking that approach then he can shove it.

Quick Reply