Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Scouting talk

Read 328474 times
      Rush Goalie and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #736: May 23, 2022 06:25:50 pm
      I want Bowen bad!!!!
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #737: May 24, 2022 05:58:20 am
      Just did some squad planning about players who will probably go and in which areas we need to fill the voids to keep the squad depth for next season.

Out
      Origi (confirmed)
      Ox?
      Milner?
      One of the front three?

In
      Carvalho (confirmed)-> Ox replacement ?
      DM -> Backup for Fabinho
      RB  -> backup for Trent
      CM -> Backup for Milner
      ST -> replacement front three / Origi

Goal
      Allison (29)
      Kelleher (23)

Defence
      Trent (23)
      Vigil (30)
      Konate (22)
      Matip (30)
      Gomez (25)
      Williams (21)
      Robertson (28)
      Tsimikas (26)
      RB#2

Midfield
      Jones (21)
      Henderson (31)
      Fabinho (28)
      Keita (27)
      Thiago (31)
      Elliot (19)
      Carvalho (19)
      DM#2
      CM#6

Attack
      Salah (30)
      Jota (25)
      Diaz (25)
      Mane (30)
      Minamino (27)
      ST#6

I think it’s fair to say that our main players all aging into above 30 now. As much I love Thiago and Henderson for their performances but each new season their game time need to be managed a bit more to reduce the risk and avoid longer injuries. We have some promising talents with Elliott and Carvalho but I don’t think they can carry us yet in tough games. Therefore we need a proper backup for
      Fabinho and Milner (if he doesn’t stay).

Another needed replacement is a backup for Trent and another Striker to replace Origi and if someone from the front three leaves (i picked Bobby to be that player)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #738: May 24, 2022 09:46:00 am

Don't need the question mark, he is leaving.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #739: May 24, 2022 01:44:44 pm

Attack
      Salah (30)
      Jota (25)
      Diaz (25)
      Mane (30)
      Minamino (27)
      ST#6

Bobby isn't leaving. He's our 6th forward so unless one of the other 5 leaves we're all set up front.
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #740: May 24, 2022 01:45:28 pm
      Don't need the question mark, he is leaving.

Yup. 100%.

Would like Milner to retire and take a coaching position with us but he may want another year.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #741: May 24, 2022 02:25:25 pm
      Do wonder if we plan to freshen up the attack further in the summer.

We've only got one player who's comfortable out on the right hand side in Salah and we've seen that we don't quite click as a unit as well when someone else such as Diaz or Jota are forced to play out there.

Maybe we sign a left footer and move Taki on (along with Origi who's already on his way)?
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #742: May 24, 2022 02:41:37 pm
      Mane would be that player. He played RW until Salah's arrival and provides the same pace and is strong with both feet. However, if Jürgen intends to play him centrally in favor of RW like we saw in the FA Cup final then we definitely need a RW backup.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #743: May 24, 2022 04:53:16 pm
      Mane would be that player. He played RW until Salah's arrival and provides the same pace and is strong with both feet. However, if Jürgen intends to play him centrally in favor of RW like we saw in the FA Cup final then we definitely need a RW backup.

Harvey Elliot could be another option for the right side if we need to plug someone in there. That where he played for Blackburn

I think if Havey can develop he will play similar role to what Foden does for Citeh playing both CM and wide position in attack.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,180 posts | 1097 
      Reply #744: May 24, 2022 06:31:09 pm
      Harvey Elliot could be another option for the right side if we need to plug someone in there. That where he played for Blackburn

I think if Havey can develop he will play similar role to what Foden does for Citeh playing both CM and wide position in attack.

Definitely an interesting concept. Maybe I'm off my rocker, but Harvey's ball handling, link up play, and positional awareness off the ball remind me of Bobby. Could anyone else see him playing that type of role through the middle? Maybe he's the Firmino replacement?
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #745: May 24, 2022 06:53:28 pm

I 100% agree on Elliott, but longer term. Currently the drop off from Salah to Elliott would be too significant while Salah->Mane is basically equal quality.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #746: May 24, 2022 07:54:11 pm
      Carvalho will play front 3
      CT_LFC

• 6,811 posts | 1406 
      Reply #747: May 24, 2022 07:58:32 pm

Thought he's a middy. Plus we also have Gordon who looks very promising as well.
      rossyred

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Reply #748: May 24, 2022 09:23:59 pm
      Thought he's a middy. Plus we also have Gordon who looks very promising as well.

Think quite versatile but word is front 3 is his destination wide
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #749: May 24, 2022 10:22:18 pm
      I 100% agree on Elliott, but longer term. Currently the drop off from Salah to Elliott would be too significant while Salah->Mane is basically equal quality.

I agree, the idea I would thibj is we resign Mane/Salah and hopefully in a couple years time Elliot (or Carvalho) will be ready to step in.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #750: May 25, 2022 10:54:53 am
      Yea, I read that too, he's supposedly waiting till after the final to make his decision. If that's the case, I'd rescind any agreement and tell him to f**k off to Madrid. We don't need that kind of attitude in our team. Sounds like a Pogba in the making to me.
      Looks like he has agreed to sign for Madrid then. Oh well, his loss.

Really excited to see what business we do this summer. We can’t stand still, really need to build on what we already have. I reckon we go in to next season without Origi, Ox and Minamino. Possibly Gomez and Milner (wouldn’t be opposed to them sticking around).

I’m guessing Carvahlo takes one of those spots in the squad. Giving the apparent interest in Tchouameni, looks like our priority is a centre mid. Makes sense it is probably the area we don’t have enough depth - certainly there is a distinct drop in quality when we need to make changes.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #751: May 25, 2022 11:59:30 am
       We should go big for Bellingham now ! I'm sure that we can turn his head if we make a big offer for him.

80 mil + Minamino for him should be enough.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #752: May 25, 2022 06:27:20 pm
      We should go big for Bellingham now ! I'm sure that we can turn his head if we make a big offer for him.

I tend to agree with that. I don't care if he comes in this summer or next but I think that if we are really interested in him then we should start negotiating with BVB now because we know they sell one big player per year and next year will be him. This means that they will start their PR campaign around October and then things become pretty hard with just about every other club, at the very least, enquiring. BVB are also pretty public in the way they do their transfers (incomings and outgoings) which is the complete opposite of how we do. This is another incentive for us to avoid a public negotiation by quietly working something out with BVB before they start the PR machine like they did with Haaland.

All of this is assuming we are actually interested in him, of course.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #753: May 25, 2022 07:08:26 pm

Bellingham is going nowhere this summer, Dortmund won't sell him after they sold Haaland.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #754: May 25, 2022 08:00:21 pm
      I agree about at least getting the ball rolling and agreeing a fee and letting him stay for a season… I think if we wait we’ll never get him, because he’s gonna be a £120+ million player very soon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #755: May 25, 2022 08:17:03 pm
      Bellingham is going nowhere this summer, Dortmund won't sell him after they sold Haaland.

Especially not for 80mill
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #756: May 27, 2022 05:51:50 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #758: May 27, 2022 06:00:37 pm
      Harry Kane?

Maybe the first time we've been liked with a player I really dislike.

Couldn't imagine him in red.

Quick Reply