Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Scouting talk

Read 322849 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #989: Jun 21, 2022 05:36:13 pm
      Well one just left who's the finished article and proven ... and his mate will walk next summer ... because they won't pay the big wages. So I don't get your point mate.

Unless you mean massive wages fitting into our wage structure.

Read what I said then you may get my point
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #990: Jun 21, 2022 06:00:24 pm
      I said if they came as what they perceive to be finished article which Mane and Salah werent when they arrived
      Argue with the article, not me, just passing along what I read which is that they aren’t going to break their structure for anyone, finished article or not.
      rossyred

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #991: Jun 21, 2022 06:22:21 pm
      Argue with the article, not me, just passing along what I read which is that they aren’t going to break their structure for anyone, finished article or not.

The article I read claimed  they would so guess its who you believe
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,731 posts | 850 
      Reply #992: Jun 21, 2022 06:46:22 pm
      I think we can assume that we are interested in Bellingham since Joyce said it (usually, he's right). However, I wouldn't feel super confident we will get him next summer. I think that if he is our target then what the club is doing is correct. You have to wait and try to get your targets, then you can go to plan B or C. If the player is only available next summer then it makes no sense to sign a plan B then try for A. You don't pay the transfer fee for a player only for a year later to relegate him because now the guy you actually wanted to sign is available. I get that some might say it hinders your changes at winning next season, but running a football club involves more than just ''next season''. You have to plan ahead in the medium to long term.

With that said. The reason why I say I'm not super confident in us getting him is that unless the same thing that happened with Nunez (the player clearly deciding its with us he wants to play) + BVB does not go overboard with their valuation then we will be beaten by the like of Madrid, PSG, City, etc., because we can't compete with their wages and the transfer fees they can offer.

Edit: I'm totally okay with the club trying for Bellingham next year even if it means we could fail to get him because, like I said, you have to try and get your targets, but also because I know we will have a plan B prepared and that player will be of quality and will help the team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #993: Jun 21, 2022 07:32:11 pm
      I think we can assume that we are interested in Bellingham since Joyce said it (usually, he's right). However, I wouldn't feel super confident we will get him next summer. I think that if he is our target then what the club is doing is correct. You have to wait and try to get your targets, then you can go to plan B or C. If the player is only available next summer then it makes no sense to sign a plan B then try for A. You don't pay the transfer fee for a player only for a year later to relegate him because now the guy you actually wanted to sign is available. I get that some might say it hinders your changes at winning next season, but running a football club involves more than just ''next season''. You have to plan ahead in the medium to long term.

With that said. The reason why I say I'm not super confident in us getting him is that unless the same thing that happened with Nunez (the player clearly deciding its with us he wants to play) + BVB does not go overboard with their valuation then we will be beaten by the like of Madrid, PSG, City, etc., because we can't compete with their wages and the transfer fees they can offer.

Edit: I'm totally okay with the club trying for Bellingham next year even if it means we could fail to get him because, like I said, you have to try and get your targets, but also because I know we will have a plan B prepared and that player will be of quality and will help the team.

I don't think it will be the fee, it will be the wages.
      rossyred

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #994: Jun 21, 2022 08:33:35 pm
      Whilst we are on wages is it true Ben Davies is on more than Luis Diaz? Read a report saying Diaz on 56k and Davies 60k
      CT_LFC

• 6,801 posts | 1399 
      Reply #995: Jun 21, 2022 08:45:48 pm
      Whilst we are on wages is it true Ben Davies is on more than Luis Diaz? Read a report saying Diaz on 56k and Davies 60k

To my knowledge players contract details are not generally released, so the 56K could be false, or it could be net or it could be true. Who knows.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #996: Jun 22, 2022 03:25:14 pm
      Read what I said then you may get my point

I read it and I don't get it. Here is what I do get.

Mane left as we would not pay the going oil rate for a player who is the finished article in the attacking 3rd of the pitch. Salah, a finished article in the attaking 3rd of the pitch is going to walk for free because we won't pay the going oil rate on wages for a finished article player in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

Attacking players always command the wages for the most part. So what I guess you are saying is ... we won't be signing anyone who is the finished article in this area of the pitch as we won't pay the wages.

And when a player who isn't the finished article signs and fits our wage structure, becomes the finished article he will leave for free or be sold at his peak because he will want the oil rate on wages that we won't pay.

Sadly it's not just transfer fees oil money has inflated. Mane and to a greater degree salah had their eyes fixed on as many millions as they can get.

When you think (according to the athletic) salah has been offered over 1/4 million PER WEEK plus substantial performance bonuses last December and won't sign it .... he's just another greedy footballer now. This isn't leaving a job that pays 30k for one that pays 45k. That's real life. But these lads don't operate in the real world.

For what its worth ... I don't think we should pay it. And if our structure works and keeps the club viable that's what's important.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #997: Jun 25, 2022 08:30:44 pm
      “When you think (according to the athletic) salah has been offered over 1/4 million PER WEEK plus substantial performance bonuses last December and won't sign it .... he's just another greedy footballer now. “

Great post, this quote from your post sums up my feeling with Salah at the moment.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #998: Jun 25, 2022 09:58:11 pm
      “When you think (according to the athletic) salah has been offered over 1/4 million PER WEEK plus substantial performance bonuses last December and won't sign it .... he's just another greedy footballer now. “

Great post, this quote from your post sums up my feeling with Salah at the moment.

apparently£12mil a year just from the club without other endorsements isnt enough as its his last big pay day. I find it all very Sad that our club is just a cash cow for these people now.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #999: Jun 25, 2022 10:13:09 pm
      Otávio Is linked to us, 45 million euros on the table. Salah not signing could see this happening his agent is here in the uk apparently talking to us.
      Otávio Had a few good games for Portugal this year in the playoffs and nations league, not sure what is happening at Porto this year they seem to be cashing in all their good players.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,914 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1000: Jun 26, 2022 03:30:35 pm
      Otávio Is linked to us, 45 million euros on the table. Salah not signing could see this happening his agent is here in the uk apparently talking to us.
      Otávio Had a few good games for Portugal this year in the playoffs and nations league, not sure what is happening at Porto this year they seem to be cashing in all their good players.

Sounds like the name of a car from Skoda, is he a 4 wheel drive ??
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts | 83 
      Reply #1001: Jun 26, 2022 09:50:51 pm
      We are interested in Timo Werner. Now, if we'd play like I want us to play - Atletico style: defending and just sting like a bee thru counter attacks - then Timo would be a good option. But as we play we do not need him. His only real feature is speed, the rest is mediocre on PL standards.

So I give it a thumbs down.

Oh, and Salah is gone. Diaz & Nunez came basically for Mané and Salah. The new front line 2023/24 will look like this:

Elliott-Nunez-Diaz with Jota/Bobby as top back-ups.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1002: Jun 26, 2022 09:53:15 pm
      We are interested in Timo Werner. Now, if we'd play like I want us to play - Atletico style: defending and just sting like a bee thru counter attacks - then Timo would be a good option. But as we play we do not need him. His only real feature is speed, the rest is mediocre on PL standards.

I call bullshit on any link to Werner. Didn't he turn us down for more money?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #1003: Jun 27, 2022 07:45:11 am

Oh, and Salah is gone. Diaz & Nunez came basically for Mané and Salah. The new front line 2023/24 will look like this:

Elliott-Nunez-Diaz with Jota/Bobby as top back-ups.

So basically you're just repeating what was in the Sunday Mirror.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1004: Jun 27, 2022 08:50:10 am

I call bullshit on anyone being a proper red when they want us to play like Atletico. Shows a clear lack of any sort of understanding about Klopp and this team and what we are about.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,141 posts | 1084 
      Reply #1005: Jun 27, 2022 09:22:33 am
      I call bullshit on anyone being a proper red when they want us to play like Atletico. Shows a clear lack of any sort of understanding about Klopp and this team and what we are about.

:lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,914 posts | 4982 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1006: Jun 27, 2022 11:11:41 am
      Don’t rate him at all, never really have tbh, I think he’s one of those players who are always punching above their weight, a bit like what Borini was for us, he knows where the goal is for sure, but only when it suits him, so definitely has consistency issues, I’m sure Jürgen could help him but I don’t think he’s even in Jürgen’s periphery never mind as a target, we have younger lads at the academy who will show more willing and be hungrier, I’d rather take a punt on one of them rather than spunk millions for a bit part player,
      Not so sure we need another forward, midfield is where we need new faces, and quality ones at that ??
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,232 posts | 6359 
      Reply #1007: Jun 27, 2022 04:04:00 pm

I call bullshit on this not being a former banned poster. Posts sound a lot like someone else that used to wind people up and say senseless sh*t (heimdell).
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Reply #1008: Jun 28, 2022 01:57:46 pm
      I read it and I don't get it. Here is what I do get.

Mane left as we would not pay the going oil rate for a player who is the finished article in the attacking 3rd of the pitch.

Huh?
      He went to Bayern Munich, a "supporter" governed club, a club completely obsessed with maintaining profitability, even thru Covid.
      Attaching the "oil" tag to Mane's switch is lazy and ignorant.
      Assuming Bayern successfully sells off Lewandowski to bankrupt Barca, Bayern will be reportedly saving on salary and pocketing a few mill in fees as well.
      Those damn oil teams  :roll:

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1009: Jun 28, 2022 02:17:08 pm
      Huh?
      He went to Bayern Munich, a "supporter" governed club, a club completely obsessed with maintaining profitability, even thru Covid.
      Assuming Bayern successfully sells off Lewandowski to bankrupt Barca, Bayern will be reportedly saving on salary and pocketing a few mill in fees as well.

Read my post. At no point did I say bayern are an oil team. To say that is basically lazy and ignorant.

Mane is getting a wage there comparable to players at oil rich clubs. If the dirty oil money and blood stained Saudi money hadn't inflated wages then I doubt mane would be on the 370k per week he apparently now gets.

And guess what it's only going to get worse as these clubs cheat the rules.

Bayern have alot of revenue streams ... by far the biggest fish in Germany.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8522 
      Reply #1010: Jun 28, 2022 03:12:49 pm
      Huh?

Selling him roughly for around what we sold Mane. Just replacing a boss striker with a boss striker. They won't be making a lot through either deal but just keeps them ahead of every other team in Germany.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1011: Jul 01, 2022 05:28:47 pm
      Salah has resigned

Quick Reply