Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310611 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Scouting talk
      Mar 11, 2021 10:06:29 am
      Mods delete or move as appropriate.

Didnt want yo throw into the the general transfer/gossip talk as its neither. Its more a discussion on players who individuals think might add to our squad and why.

Last night I was hugely impressed with Leipzigs Klosterman. He played on the left of the back 3 and did a solid job, even more so when you consider his main position is right full.

Hes 24 now so coming towards his peak. Think he could be got for the 25 millon mark. He would challenge/cover Ttent, fhus allowing Neco out on loan. He can play centre back and, as seen last night, is comfortable on the left of a back 3 should we ever look to go 3 at the back
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2021 10:13:28 am by Brian78 »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2021 10:14:41 am
      Mods delete or move as appropriate.

Didnt want yo throw into the the general transfer/gossip talk as its neither. Its more a discussion on players who individuals think might add to our squad and why.

Last night I was hugely impressed with Leipzigs Klosterman. He played on the left of the back 3 and did a solid job, even more so when you consider his nain pisition is right full.

Hes 24 now so coming towards his peak. Think he could be got for the 25 millon mark. He would challenge/cover Ttent, fhus allowing Neco out on loan. He can play centre back and, as seen last night, is comfortable on the left of a back 3 should we ever look to go 3 at the back

Really? Interesting why him keen to hear? He looks robust and awkward on the ball plus I think he’s second fiddle to City reject - Angelino.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2021 10:20:56 am
      Really? Interesting why him keen to hear? He looks robust and awkward on the ball plus I think he’s second fiddle to City reject - Angelino.

As I just said he looked very solid last night and that was playing out of position.

He opens up options to three positions across the back line.

Thought he done a decent job on Mo. Is in the German setup to so obviously doing something right?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2021 10:33:59 am
      As I just said he looked very solid last night and that was playing out of position.

He opens up options to three positions across the back line.

Thought he done a decent job on Mo. Is in the German setup to so obviously doing something right?

I think Mo had him on toast very easily on a few occasions and he was easily done on the second goal too by Origi. In fact all 3 at the back looked average and I was glad we swerved Upemecampo.

Players I was looking forward to seeing were some of their attacking mids like Forsberg,Olmo and the captain Salbitzer all 3 underperformed. Thought their best player was Nkunku but I vaguely recall he popped up at Newcastle and didn’t make it.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2021 01:01:05 pm
      I would like us to have a look at Pedro Neto. Can play at either wing, is very fast, technically very sure and ha sa great shot in him. Scored some great goals this season at Wolves.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5: Mar 11, 2021 03:51:02 pm
      If we have to put every penny of our budget into landing Haaland, or Mbappe we could still land 2 or 3 tip players on frees.

For example Jerome Boateng and Julian Draxler are out of contract this summer.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #6: Mar 11, 2021 04:32:01 pm
      If we have to put every penny of our budget into landing Haaland, or Mbappe we could still land 2 or 3 tip players on frees.

For example Jerome Boateng and Julian Draxler are out of contract this summer.

Wow, Draxler. I remember before he went to PSG we were rumored in for him. Looks like we should be happy it didn't work out.

Alaba is also on a free, though expected to sign with Real for what i understand.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #7: Mar 11, 2021 04:56:01 pm
      Wow, Draxler. I remember before he went to PSG we were rumored in for him. Looks like we should be happy it didn't work out.

Alaba is also on a free, though expected to sign with Real for what i understand.

Agreed. Draxler and Boateng would be extremely average in the PL. The type of players I'd expect Arsenal to sign.

We should be looking at real talent like Neto, Raphinha, Grealish.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2021 05:14:47 pm
      They have not played under Klopp.

Lot of whingers about when Shaq signed.

Anyway dont worry we have not signed them or no talk of signimg them they are just examples of whats out there for free
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #9: Mar 11, 2021 05:38:56 pm
      They have not played under Klopp.

Lot of whingers about when Shaq signed.

Anyway dont worry we have not signed them or no talk of signimg them they are just examples of whats out there for free

Shaq hasn't exactly been a success here mate, and will be sold in the Summer for sure.

I think we have genuine interest in Raphinha and I'd be very surprised if we don't make a bid for him he's a top quality player.

As for freebies Depay is out of contract in June he might be worth a punt.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Mar 11, 2021 06:03:50 pm
      The player I'd love for us to get is Ødegaard, who's currently at Arsenal, massive potential player who will only get better and better. He grew up a Liverpool fan as well.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #11: Mar 11, 2021 06:12:35 pm
      The player I'd love for us to get is Ødegaard, who's currently at Arsenal, massive potential player who will only get better and better. He grew up a Liverpool fan as well.

He's a Real player on loan at Arsenal but was supposed to be a future superstar that so far hasn't happened.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #12: Mar 11, 2021 11:06:55 pm
      Neto would be an ideal player 2 footed and very fast
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Mar 12, 2021 01:56:44 am

Had Jürgen had his way he would of had Draxler instead of Salah. Draxler turned us down, Edwards recommended Salah.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Mar 12, 2021 03:31:13 am
      Had Jürgen had his way he would of had Draxler instead of Salah. Draxler turned us down, Edwards recommended Salah.

I do remember he turned us down, but thought it was Brandt we wanted to get instead of Salah?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: Mar 12, 2021 05:59:13 am

It was Brandt
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Mar 12, 2021 11:54:20 am

Thank heavens for Edwards.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17: Mar 12, 2021 12:45:49 pm
      He's a Real player on loan at Arsenal but was supposed to be a future superstar that so far hasn't happened.

It will happen, I'd love for it to be at this club
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Mar 12, 2021 12:51:52 pm
      I do remember he turned us down, but thought it was Brandt we wanted to get instead of Salah?

Yeah it was, bloody drugs!! ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #19: Mar 12, 2021 01:33:20 pm
       Gravenberch influential again last night.

I know Ill be whipped for this, but I think id rather sign him over anyone, including Haaland
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2021 02:32:43 pm
      Gravenberch influential again last night.

I know Ill be whipped for this, but I think id rather sign him over anyone, including Haaland

You will be whipped mate. We need a goalscorer a hell of a lot more than another CM.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2021 04:43:15 pm
      Aside from the Haaland and Mbappe talk what striker should be considered?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2021 04:44:42 pm
      Aside from the Haaland and Mbappe talk what striker should be considered?

Joao Felix and Pulisic are 2 that come to mind right away. Not sure if Felix would even be available, though, but Pulisic cannot be happy at Chelsea and could push for a move.

Quick Reply