Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310574 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #23: Mar 13, 2021 04:46:48 pm
      A couple seasons ago Isak of Dortmund was very highly thought of but since has gone to Real Sociedad and not sure where his status is today in terms of potential vs bust.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #24: Mar 13, 2021 04:46:49 pm
      Joao Felix and Pulisic are 2 that come to mind right away. Not sure if Felix would even be available, though, but Pulisic cannot be happy at Chelsea and could push for a move.

Is Felix not more of a 10 then a striker?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25: Mar 13, 2021 04:48:46 pm
      Is Felix not more of a 10 then a striker?

Well, being at Atletico he's probably more of a DM than striker, but i thought he was/is a front-3 type of player being able to play both wing and centrally.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #26: Mar 13, 2021 04:51:54 pm
      Well, being at Atletico he's probably more of a DM than striker, but i thought he was/is a front-3 type of player being able to play both wing and centrally.

Good shout on Isaik, not outstandung nymbers but hes the type I think can grow into a giant under Klopp.

Anyone watch much German football? Silva at Frankfurt seems to be banging goals in. Worth a punt?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #27: Mar 14, 2021 01:34:27 pm
      Paulo Dybala.

Would he bring us up a level or more of the same?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Mar 14, 2021 03:48:51 pm
      Paulo Dybala.

Would he bring us up a level or more of the same?

Can't even get in the Juve team, so don't know what he's bringing here!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #29: Mar 14, 2021 04:20:23 pm
      Can't even get in the Juve team, so don't know what he's bringing here!!

Not getting in a team doesnt make ye sh*te. Some managers fancy some players and not others
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #30: Mar 14, 2021 04:28:22 pm
      Not getting in a team doesnt make ye sh*te. Some managers fancy some players and not others

Yeah but he's been hyped for a while and still waiting for him to do something of note. Safe to say we won't be buying him
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #31: Mar 14, 2021 05:15:40 pm
      Yeah but he's been hyped for a while and still waiting for him to do something of note. Safe to say we won't be buying him

Bit of linkage to him today. Depending on what kind of cash involved I wouldnt say no, think hed add that Coutinho style player
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #32: Mar 20, 2021 03:17:42 pm
      Read an article stating that we want to sign a striker to compliment what we already have, not sign a superstar.

So would Andre Silva fit that bill?

In 49 bundesliga games hes scored 32 goals for Eintracht Frankfurt. Thats some going. 25 years old
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #33: Mar 20, 2021 05:15:10 pm
      Read an article stating that we want to sign a striker to compliment what we already have, not sign a superstar.

So would Andre Silva fit that bill?

In 49 bundesliga games hes scored 32 goals for Eintracht Frankfurt. Thats some going. 25 years old

Scored another 2 today think he is on 21 or 22 in the league
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #34: Mar 20, 2021 05:28:11 pm
      Scored another 2 today think he is on 21 or 22 in the league

serious strike rate that to be fair
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #35: Mar 20, 2021 11:46:27 pm
      Just checked and the Funny thing is he and Haaland are both on 21 goals
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #36: Mar 25, 2021 04:38:11 pm
      Be interested to see what 5 signings each person thinks are our most realistic this summer

Mine

1) Kabak ( loan to permanent)

2)  Sander Berge

3) Paston Daka

4) Ezequiel Garay

5) Paulo Dyabala
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #37: May 23, 2021 09:48:23 pm
      Kane would be too costly imo. we are going through pandemic and i wont blame the owners if they dont spend 100m on one signing.
      There are alot of players out there who can improve our first team.

How about Depay, can we make him Mo nr 2? He is showing again why the scum spent so much on him. JK could get the best out of him.

Saw couple of Betis games, and Nabil Fekir is still hell of a player. Would love to see him play for us. Think he would improve his stats alot with us.

Barca need money and they are desperate to add to their squad without having funds. this could be our chance to rob them of their biggest young talents atm. Pedri or Fati. Dont see it happening but with their debts, they could let one go.

anybody doing well in championship, a young talent who can get into our team?

btw Dybala is a good shout. depends how much he will cost. He is a excellent player. We talk about flamboyant player who have that magical spark to open defences in live match threads. Dybala has that.

I would love another Norwegian in the team after the legend Riise. Haaland is too expensive imo, Berge isnt all that and i dont think he is good enough for LFC. Ødegård is the way to go, if we can land him. He is a great talent and a liverpool fan.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2021 09:54:32 pm by Billo »
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #38: May 23, 2021 10:26:20 pm
      Gravenberch was good against us, in fact the best player on the park in one of the games, and he's what, 18?

Problem is he wouldn't get into our side at the mo and bringing him in to sit on the bench is pointless, might as well leave him where he is to develop. Tempting to wing Ajax £1m for first option on a future transfer though, looks a classy kid.

We are short in midfield without Gini. Fabinho Tremenderson and Thiago is a nice core, plus we need to build a path for Curtis, but that's only 4 players.

A centre mid is the absolute priority for me, assuming Konaté is done and dusted.

I could cope with a Gini-level CM and Konaté.

I don't think we can get another forward unless one of Mo, Bobby or Sadio goes. It's going to be hard enough keeping those 3 and Jota happy with enough games for each of them. Nobody likes being left out. Sadio will chuck his dummy even more if he gets even less games. 4 players for 3 positions is fine.

For year after year after year we've needed at least 3 players (sometimes 11) to improve the first XI every summer, but we are reaching the borders of what can reasonably be achieved for a club without limitless funds.

If we were going to try to improve the first XI then for me it's Bobby's position, but that would mean sellng him I'm pretty sure. Improving the first XI now means being absolutely ruthless. I just can't see us getting anyone in unless Mo Bobby or Sadio actually ask to leave.

So Konaté, please, to effectively replace Matip (who we really need to consider a long-term injury write-off and if he's fit for a few weeks it's a bonus) and another CM, either a brilliant young kid ike Gravenberch or maybe someone like this Neuhaus lad who I've never seen but may be good enough for rotation purposes to give Henderson and Thiago the occasional battery recharge.

If we can't realistically improve the first Xi, we can at least begin to rejuvenate it before they draw their pensions.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39: May 23, 2021 10:31:59 pm
      Gravenberch was good against us, in fact the best player on the park in one of the games, and he's what, 18?

Problem is he wouldn't get into our side at the mo and bringing him in to sit on the bench is pointless, might as well leave him where he is to develop. Tempting to wing Ajax £1m for first option on a future transfer though, looks a classy kid.

I dont thinl hes moving, his dad, not sure if hrs the agent, said recently he sees no point leaving Ajax yet.

Hope we keep n eye though, defo a big name for the future
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #40: May 24, 2021 02:36:27 pm
      I dont thinl hes moving, his dad, not sure if hrs the agent, said recently he sees no point leaving Ajax yet.

Hope we keep n eye though, defo a big name for the future
      Maybe a buy and loan back deal? These next couple seasons I can see him going on and becoming a real star.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #41: May 24, 2021 02:59:24 pm
      There are a few possibilities that can be looked at, Gravenberch, despite what daddy says can be moulded for the future, Chucking £3/4m at Ajax might be persuasive,

Raphinha at Leeds caught my eye, he excels on the left and could link up nicely with Robbo & Mane, in the same way Trent Thiago & Mo do on the right,

Odegaard at Arsenal, another young up and coming starlet, he would be a nice fit too, but one for the future,

Yves Bissouma, he could be moulded into the Fabinho role, he’s quick, strong and powerful, and a big unit to get past,

Jadon Sancho, already pulling trees up at Dortmund a very fine addition imo and stealing a March on other pursuers, he’s good now, but after a month or two with Jürgen & Pep Ljinders, we’d have a worldly,

Lamptey at Brighton is one I’d be very keen in bringing in, and proper competition for Trent, sorry, but Neco just isn’t the one for me, he’s young yet I get that, but so was Trent, Neco by now should be given Jürgen something to think about, make him scratch his head, he doesn’t, Lamptey will ?

Billy Gilmour, yes he’s at Chavs but I’m not so sure Tuchel is so keen as was Lampard, unlikely but I’d be keeping tabs on him

Anyone for Grealish? Like Kane at Spuds, he’ll want to win stuff, Villa’s ‘player of the year’ will start to wear thin on him eventually and like Sancho we could make him a worldly,

Finally, Tielemans at Leicester, I like this fella, he’s cool, good football brain, can pass, eye of a needle stuff, put it on a sixpence from one corner quadrant to the other, diagonally, and he can score too, very good replacement for Gini, offer him CL football and he’d bite yer hand off, Rogers would be pissed, but F**k him,

Out of those above, I’d want ready to run experience premiership players, so for this summer I’d go for Raphinha, Bissouma & Tielemans, Lamptey, Raphinha for options left side and to rest Mane, Bissouma as back up to Fabinho, and Tielemans as Gini’s replacement, Lamptey to give competition and rest for Trent,

These are of a age where we can build for the future, they are all under 25 so plenty of miles on the clock, we also have Curtis Jones and wee Harvey Elliot already here and by all accounts the conveyor belt at the academy will be fruitful with one or two with real potential already training with the first team.

Get it done J W H, think of it as a olive branch !

Y  N  W  A

EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #42: May 25, 2021 07:54:26 pm
      So anyway...

Dele Alli is available and he used to idolise Stevie G

:-\
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #43: May 25, 2021 08:27:26 pm
      According to The Athletic (so reasonably reliable):
      "Ruben Neves will be allowed to leave Wolves for just £35 million this summer."

We should be all over that. A long time target available at a cut=price fee.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #44: May 25, 2021 09:20:58 pm
      According to The Athletic (so reasonably reliable):
      "Ruben Neves will be allowed to leave Wolves for just £35 million this summer."

We should be all over that. A long time target available at a cut=price fee.

Saw that. I was surprised. I would have said in this market £35m is not exactly cut price. Good player though. Instalments and add-ons maybe?
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #45: Sep 03, 2021 07:06:56 pm
      A couple seasons ago Isak of Dortmund was very highly thought of but since has gone to Real Sociedad and not sure where his status is today in terms of potential vs bust.
      Isak signed a new 5 year contract at Real Sociedad which increases the release clause from €70m to €90m (£77m) which may make it a bit steep for FSG.

In other news he scored last night in Sweden's win against Spain.

Quick Reply