Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310588 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #46: Sep 14, 2021 03:05:32 am
      Dwight McNeil (21)  :D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #47: Sep 23, 2021 02:59:42 pm
      Karim Adeyemi (Salzburg striker who has 7 goals to his name in 13 appearances this season) and Jeremy Doku are probably two players we can say the club holds some sort of interest in and can fit the ''scouting'' type of talk because of their age. Both of these guys have been on our radar for years which makes sense considering that we know by now that we sometimes identify a target and wait until we can move for them wether it is for availibility reasons or for reasons within our own squad. Both of them have been brought to the club for visits with Klopp saying he sees Doku as a potential long term Mane replacement.

I personally don't know much about both of them so I can't give my opinion about how good they are of if they would fit us but it is interesting to watch and see what will happen.

Here is the links to both reports about our interest in these players:

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #48: Sep 27, 2021 02:24:01 am
      👀

Mohamed90771025
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #49: Oct 09, 2021 02:30:24 pm
      Pape Cisse of Olympiacos looks like a great find by the LFC Scouts. In 5 Greek Superleague games he has got 100% tackle success, 82% pass accuracy, 17 duels won and a 1.44 fouls conceded/match. Best thing is he still has lots of time left on his career
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #50: Oct 10, 2021 03:28:59 pm
      Pape Cisse of Olympiacos looks like a great find by the LFC Scouts. In 5 Greek Superleague games he has got 100% tackle success, 82% pass accuracy, 17 duels won and a 1.44 fouls conceded/match. Best thing is he still has lots of time left on his career

The one that played at Newcastle?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #51: Oct 10, 2021 04:22:38 pm
      The one that played at Newcastle?
      Pape Abou Cisse from Olympiakos. I doubt we are in for another center-back really, we have VVD, Matip, Gomez, Konate, Phillips and two young guys out on loan in Williams and Van Den Berg. This pape fella is 26yo, plays in the Greek Super League and was previously in Ligue 2. He spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at St-Etienne from Olympiakos and the former didn't make the move permanent so now he's back at Olympiakos.

I'd be really surprised if this isn't a big load of nonsense really.

If we end up buying a center back it will be something similar to the Van Den Berg, Elliott, Clark moves. Something for the long term future and not the short term or immediate future.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Oct 14, 2021 02:43:39 pm
      Raphinha is a player I'd have liked us to sign. Maybe in the winter or next summer it will be something we go for.

https://twitter.com/liveleedsunited/status/1448602943603806211

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #53: Oct 19, 2021 05:22:50 pm
      Raphinha and Tielemans would be perfect additions to this team.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #54: Oct 19, 2021 06:11:56 pm
      Raphinha and Tielemans would be perfect additions to this team.

Tielemans is superb, reckon he'd fit perfectly into our midfield
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #55: Oct 21, 2021 07:22:58 am
      RB Leipzig's Christopher Nkunku seems to me like a potential very good replacement for Firmino. Good vision in tight spaces, good passing, can play as central forward but he is also employed as CAM or even a CM at times. He is very good on the ball and creates tons for the players around him but he also has a good eye for goal. It's hard to describe his style (just like Firmino). Very versatile, you can plug him in as a false nine or as more traditional striker but you can also put him on either sides of your DM and he will do the job.

We have what seems to be a good business relation with Red Bull so I can dream  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #56: Oct 21, 2021 01:00:29 pm
      McManaman in the Echo saying we should go for Dembele on a free from Barce

Then he goes on to say about his attitude issues there and injury record,  and that hes actually out injured again, and has a sh*te ratio of games due to injury

sh*te Macca flogging a dead horse here or what? Nearly better off going for Macca not Dembele
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #57: Oct 22, 2021 08:59:06 am
      RB Leipzig's Christopher Nkunku seems to me like a potential very good replacement for Firmino. Good vision in tight spaces, good passing, can play as central forward but he is also employed as CAM or even a CM at times. He is very good on the ball and creates tons for the players around him but he also has a good eye for goal. It's hard to describe his style (just like Firmino). Very versatile, you can plug him in as a false nine or as more traditional striker but you can also put him on either sides of your DM and he will do the job.

We have what seems to be a good business relation with Red Bull so I can dream  ;D

Yeah he would be a good fit. Think Klopp can improve him even more and his stats are good.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Oct 22, 2021 10:09:55 am
      Anyone follow that Nahaus fella or know how he’s going at Borussia M?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Oct 22, 2021 12:18:50 pm

Go straight to Salzburg and Adeyemi
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #60: Oct 22, 2021 06:04:55 pm
      Go straight to Salzburg and Adeyemi
      We have been rumoured to have a strong long lasting interest in the lad for a little while now. I think it is confirmed (by the president of his old club  ''SpVgg Unterhaching'') that we held talks with him as far back as 2018 (so when he was 15 or 16). He and his father were apparently flown to Merseyside but RB Salzburg were ultimately more convincing.

Link to that story here:https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/09/liverpool-target-karim-adeyemi-held-talks-over-move-as-far-back-as-2018/

I like Adeyemi and think we might really be in for him although it seems like we will now be facing competition from the rest of Europe (including BVB who are probably starting to look for a Haaland replacement). However, I'd love Nkunku regardless of if we got Adeyemi or not. He is super versatile and can play a role no matter the tactical setup and like Aggerdoo said, a year or two under Klopp would turn him into a monstrous player.

No release clause in his contract, send Keita back Leipzig's way along with some money. Make it happen Mr. Edwards  ;D. More realistically though I think our two young targets for that front 3 future are Adeyemi and Doku
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Oct 24, 2021 08:47:49 am
      Young scouser at Leeds, Geldhart, looks a livewire. Worth keeping an eye on
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #62: Oct 24, 2021 10:17:57 am
      One I think would be an excellent January transfer, cheap as chips and really impressed everytime I've seen him this season but would have most Liverpool fans up in arms as he's not Liverpool quality and 27. Nathan Redmond
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: Oct 25, 2021 10:27:03 am
      One I think would be an excellent January transfer, cheap as chips and really impressed everytime I've seen him this season but would have most Liverpool fans up in arms as he's not Liverpool quality and 27. Nathan Redmond

Exactly…he’s not Liverpool quality.
      Would’ve been a peak BR signing but we are levels above Redmond now mate.
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #64: Oct 27, 2021 05:26:03 pm
      Exactly…he’s not Liverpool quality.
      Would’ve been a peak BR signing but we are levels above Redmond now mate.

Would love to see how he performs in a better side just been impressed by his movement this season when I've seen him play but I guess you're right.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #65: Nov 01, 2021 11:23:03 pm
       Trincão at wolves looking good ripped Everton tonight unlucky not to be on the score sheet in a few games this season. Still very young but doing it in PL, one to keep an eye on.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #66: Nov 01, 2021 11:36:48 pm
      Trincão at wolves looking good ripped Everton tonight unlucky not to be on the score sheet in a few games this season. Still very young but doing it in PL, one to keep an eye on.

And Portuguese btw.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #67: Nov 06, 2021 12:47:48 pm
      Club Brugge's Charles de Ketelaere is a very good prospect in my opinion. Watched him a couple of times during Brugge's games in the CL and I think he is very elegant on the ball, tall and strong. Has a lot of flair in his play, very versatile too. He would be a good Firmino understudy
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #68: Nov 07, 2021 03:48:45 am
      Another goal and assist for Leipzig's Nkunku yesterday against Dortmund. That's 11 goals and 7 assists in all competitions already.

Quick Reply