Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Scouting talk

Read 326518 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #92: Nov 24, 2021 08:29:02 pm
      What's the latest on that Nkunku fella at Leipzig, any rumours of clubs interested, just going off the CL when I get the chance to see their scores, he's usually on the scoresheet with a goal or two... or three.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,750 posts | 858 
      Reply #93: Nov 25, 2021 04:30:48 am
      What's the latest on that Nkunku fella at Leipzig, any rumours of clubs interested, just going off the CL when I get the chance to see their scores, he's usually on the scoresheet with a goal or two... or three.
      Very strong ''good Firmino replacement'' vibes from this guy
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #94: Nov 25, 2021 02:05:06 pm
      Is it any wonder that many of the original folk who used to regularly post to this site have stopped or are far less frequent?
      It’s totally ok to disagree but do so with little intelligence of what someone actually wrote and a a lot more respect for a fellow Red.
      Oh well. Shame as this site used to be really fun and civil.

You're the one who started accusing me of twisting your words...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #95: Nov 25, 2021 07:29:23 pm
      You're the one who started accusing me of twisting your words...

Because you did. You twisted my words and hence the intent of my post.
      Nevermind.
      Shame as this forum used to be really enjoyable and not so constantly confrontational.
      Enjoy all.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #96: Nov 25, 2021 08:01:06 pm
      Because you did. You twisted my words and hence the intent of my post.
      Nevermind.
      Shame as this forum used to be really enjoyable and not so constantly confrontational.
      Enjoy all.

Didn’t twist your words at all, you should’ve just worded/explained it better or not been such a snowflake about it.

Second time you’ve said that now. You were the one who got confrontational by accusing me of twisting your words and then you were changing the intent of your post towards me, instead of just simply explaining what you meant so maybe don’t throw stones at glass houses if you are that worried about people being civil towards peoples opinions.
      But to be honest, if you feel that strongly then nobody is forcing you to log back in.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2021 08:08:14 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #97: Nov 26, 2021 05:28:13 pm
      Like to see us take a run at Jonathan David from Lille. Not just because I would enjoy having a fellow Canadian on the team but he fit the profile of young player to develop into world class talent and fill a need as we will need to find someone to play through the middle of the front three.

After slow start at Lille last season he picked his form up at right time to help Lille win the title and this season continue that good form scoring 10 in 14 in yhe league.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #98: Nov 26, 2021 11:10:21 pm
      Like to see us take a run at Jonathan David from Lille. Not just because I would enjoy having a fellow Canadian on the team but he fit the profile of young player to develop into world class talent and fill a need as we will need to find someone to play through the middle of the front three.

After slow start at Lille last season he picked his form up at right time to help Lille win the title and this season continue that good form scoring 10 in 14 in yhe league.

A lot of strikers struggle coming from Ligue 1 to the Prem.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #99: Nov 27, 2021 01:07:51 am
      Didn’t twist your words at all, you should’ve just worded/explained it better or not been such a snowflake about it.

Second time you’ve said that now. You were the one who got confrontational by accusing me of twisting your words and then you were changing the intent of your post towards me, instead of just simply explaining what you meant so maybe don’t throw stones at glass houses if you are that worried about people being civil towards peoples opinions.
      But to be honest, if you feel that strongly then nobody is forcing you to log back in.

- You did twist my words
      - I have been entirely reasonable.
      - you have shown you are unable to comprehend the difference between “premier league experienced” and “experience premier league”….I have tried to show you that in my prior posts.
      Not being a “snowflake”…just calling you out for being incapable of nuance.
      But your responses have only gone to highlight once again to me the demise of this forum.
      Only logged back in in the hope that perhaps you may have seen reason but it’s all good.
      Anyway.
      Have a good weekend and enjoy the game tomorrow.

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #100: Nov 27, 2021 05:06:19 am
      A lot of strikers struggle coming from Ligue 1 to the Prem.

You're probably right though you could make that statement about majority of the leagues strikers come from. More transfers fail then succeed especially at the top level.

Sure where a player currently play should be  factored in evaluating but I certainly wouldn't write off players because he play is "x" league or plays at club "x"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #101: Nov 27, 2021 01:29:23 pm
      - You did twist my words
      - I have been entirely reasonable.
      - you have shown you are unable to comprehend the difference between “premier league experienced” and “experience premier league”….I have tried to show you that in my prior posts.
      Not being a “snowflake”…just calling you out for being incapable of nuance.
      But your responses have only gone to highlight once again to me the demise of this forum.
      Only logged back in in the hope that perhaps you may have seen reason but it’s all good.
      Anyway.
      Have a good weekend and enjoy the game tomorrow.

Christ are you still whinging? Get over it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #102: Nov 28, 2021 06:03:36 am
      Do we have a buy back clause on Harry Wilson?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #103: Nov 29, 2021 06:39:05 pm
      Do we have a buy back clause on Harry Wilson?

Why would we ever exercise that option? He's sh*te
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #104: Dec 03, 2021 10:56:46 am
      Anyone else fancy Karim Adeyemi? He seems to be the real deal, and is a far more realistic option than some of the names mentioned by the media.

Obligatory Youtube highlight reel...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvTcFEMDCE
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #105: Dec 04, 2021 09:03:01 pm
      Anyone else fancy Karim Adeyemi? He seems to be the real deal, and is a far more realistic option than some of the names mentioned by the media.

Obligatory Youtube highlight reel...
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OvTcFEMDCE

Hell yes!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #106: Dec 10, 2021 08:06:39 am
      3 Premier League giants targeting Joao Felix. Jorge Mendes has told Atletico that Felix desperately wants out.
      Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd appear to be in the running. Nothing from Man City as of yet.
      ————————————————
      Can not see any one paying 120 + mil on him unless he comes on loan to prove himself in the PL.

This could be the move he needs. Atletico do not suit him, never has.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #107: Dec 10, 2021 01:27:22 pm
      3 Premier League giants targeting Joao Felix. Jorge Mendes has told Atletico that Felix desperately wants out.
      Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd appear to be in the running. Nothing from Man City as of yet.
      ————————————————
      Can not see any one paying 120 + mil on him unless he comes on loan to prove himself in the PL.

This could be the move he needs. Atletico do not suit him, never has.

I've never been able to figure out what is his best position... He seems to be somewhat similar to Coutinho, is that an accurate comparison?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #108: Dec 11, 2021 12:29:10 pm
      I've never been able to figure out what is his best position... He seems to be somewhat similar to Coutinho, is that an accurate comparison?

I think he's overrated to hell. There were other players for Atleti I'd go for before him.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #109: Dec 11, 2021 05:33:01 pm
      I think he's overrated to hell. There were other players for Atleti I'd go for before him.

We probably shouldn't take any of them to be honest. Too much dirty tactics to unlearn...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #110: Dec 12, 2021 01:56:36 pm
      We probably shouldn't take any of them to be honest. Too much dirty tactics to unlearn...

Hahaha now that we've beat them, I still have some love for Simeone's dark arts. He'll still forever be known for making Beckham look a c**t back in the day and that's fine with me.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #111: Dec 14, 2021 06:04:23 am
      There are 3 players that would be perfect for our team and would fit in easily.

These are Frenkie de Jong, Bellingham and Adeyemi. Hopefully we'll get one of them !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,202 posts | 2798 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #112: Dec 14, 2021 11:13:50 am
      I dont say this lightly with him being chelsea but....

This Conor Gallagher lad looks the real deal. They are as likely to spend a fortune on someone to come in as they are to give this lad a chance. Would he be worth a punt,?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,896 posts | 3394 
      Reply #113: Dec 14, 2021 11:16:20 am

This Conor Gallagher lad looks the real deal. They are as likely to spend a fortune on someone to come in as they are to give this lad a chance. Would he be worth a punt,?

He is a superb player - Chelsea will sell at some point but won’t be to us , prob someone like Palace.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #114: Dec 15, 2021 04:39:42 am

Been beating this drum all season. That kid is the sh*t. Hell of a player that improving, and a Robbo-esique work rate. I get tired just watching him. Would LOVE to sign him

Quick Reply