Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310357 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #414: Jan 11, 2022 05:17:14 pm
      To put on that drum you keep beating.  ;D

Oh so last Jan Klopp got what he needed?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #415: Jan 11, 2022 06:05:22 pm
      Oh so last Jan Klopp got what he needed?

Probably not,  but we can't do nothing about it.
      I understand the frustration fella but it is what it is.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #416: Jan 11, 2022 06:35:51 pm
      Probably not,  but we can't do nothing about it.
      I understand the frustration fella but it is what it is.

You're right
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #417: Jan 12, 2022 08:31:09 pm
      Jarrod Bowen seems to divide opinion but ticks a lot of boxes for me
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #418: Jan 12, 2022 08:43:33 pm

Yep. Not a bad player at all but the kind of player id say we should be aiming higher than
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #419: Jan 12, 2022 08:47:56 pm

Reckon he is the exact sort of player that Klopp would love

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #420: Jan 12, 2022 08:49:30 pm
      What's peoples thoughts on Arthur Melo from Juve? Possibly available on loan.

Disappointed at Barcelona , disappointed at Juve - doesn’t stand out in any area of the game. Don’t see what he would add to the team
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #421: Jan 12, 2022 08:49:41 pm
      Yep. Not a bad player at all but the kind of player id say we should be aiming higher than

His price tag will continue to rise . Hard working boy got a bit about him and always seems to be involved in their goals .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #422: Jan 12, 2022 08:51:27 pm
      His price tag will continue to rise . Hard working boy got a bit about him and always seems to be involved in their goals .

I do agree, and the benefit of knowing hes done it in the prem league
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #423: Jan 12, 2022 08:52:52 pm

Dude. I watch him a lot and I love his game. Very creative with the ball and working off it. Not great infront of goal, to be fair. But room to improve. Work rate and link up play for days. He screams Klopp
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #424: Jan 12, 2022 08:56:38 pm
      Dude. I watch him a lot and I love his game. Very creative with the ball and working off it. Not great infront of goal, to be fair. But room to improve. Work rate and link up play for days. He screams Klopp

He does indeed and Id not be upset if we signed him. Just a part of me feels we now need to sign world class players to go straight in and improve us, to me, he would be a pricey cover act
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #425: Jan 12, 2022 09:38:50 pm

Agree.

Reminds me a bit of what I thought of Jota when I thought he'd be a great signing. Could see him potentially growing to a similar level
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #426: Jan 12, 2022 10:17:01 pm
      He does indeed and Id not be upset if we signed him. Just a part of me feels we now need to sign world class players to go straight in and improve us, to me, he would be a pricey cover act

That's basically where I'm at as well. He's a very good player, and a balanced squad need those 'non-star' workhouse players (think Kuyt or Milly). But he would cost a lot for someone that would be bought as cover. He's the kind of player we should buy for 20m at most.
      Ollie Watkins is another one that's in a similar position...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #427: Jan 12, 2022 10:55:01 pm

Was a bit unsure about him myself like, looked really good this season though. My biggest concern with him and fitting in with us would be his lack of pace, seems to be running through mud where as our wider players in attack have some pace about them. Habbit of being in the right place at the right time and a good set piece delivery on him. Think I'd still prefer Raphinha.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #428: Jan 12, 2022 11:22:01 pm
      That's basically where I'm at as well. He's a very good player, and a balanced squad need those 'non-star' workhouse players (think Kuyt or Milly). But he would cost a lot for someone that would be bought as cover. He's the kind of player we should buy for 20m at most.
      Ollie Watkins is another one that's in a similar position...

If they said £25m Id think fair enough that would be a decent signing, but we know it would be closer to £40-£50m and I'm not sure he'd be as clinical as you'd want you justify that kind of outlay. You can only have so many of a certain type of player in the squad, the rest have to be absolute mustard.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #429: Jan 13, 2022 12:58:11 pm
      Was a bit unsure about him myself like, looked really good this season though. My biggest concern with him and fitting in with us would be his lack of pace, seems to be running through mud where as our wider players in attack have some pace about them. Habbit of being in the right place at the right time and a good set piece delivery on him. Think I'd still prefer Raphinha.

Not sure about lack of pace to be honest think it's OK.  Not sure on Raphina whether he has the workrate seems a bit of a highlights player albeit playing in a poorer team at present
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #430: Jan 13, 2022 04:44:03 pm
      Dybala leaving Juve for free in the summer.  We should be all over that.  Replace Div and Taki with Paolo and we are set up front.  Oh, and sign Mo to an extension 😎
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #431: Jan 13, 2022 05:09:53 pm
      Dybala leaving Juve for free in the summer.  We should be all over that.  Replace Div and Taki with Paolo and we are set up front.  Oh, and sign Mo to an extension 😎

His wages will stop us for sure
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #432: Jan 13, 2022 05:11:39 pm

I've always heard chatter that Dybala is a bit of a problem attitude wise. Don't know if it's true or not. Have an Italian fried that supports Juve and he's not too high on Paolo.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #433: Jan 13, 2022 05:30:16 pm
      Jarrod Bowen is on the up isn't he?

Jürgen is a big fan of his too. And Harvey Barnes from Leicester.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #434: Jan 13, 2022 09:50:01 pm
      Thanks but no thanks. Always injured, looks to be absolutely not cut out for the PL as in not much of a runner, not very physical, can't play 90 minutes without bursting a lung out and that's in a team that doesn't come close to our relentless style on the press and the back and forth it involves.

I'll gladly pass. He'll either sign an extension with Juve, go to Barcelona to give the physios more job than they already have with Dembele, go to PSG or Newcastle will manage to convince him for an insane amount of money but then again, if I'm him I'd stay away from the Prem.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #435: Jan 13, 2022 09:51:23 pm
      Thanks but no thanks. Always injured, looks to be absolutely not cut out for the PL as in not much of a runner, not very physical, can't play 90 minutes without bursting a lung out and that's in a team that doesn't come close to our relentless style on the press and the back and forth it involves.

I'll gladly pass. He'll either sign an extension with Juve, go to Barcelona to give the physios more job than they already have with Dembele, go to PSG or Newcastle will manage to convince him for an insane amount of money but then again, if I'm him I'd stay away from the Prem.

Switch to Newcastle would make sense...the uniform adjustment would be minimal.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #436: Jan 14, 2022 06:38:53 am
      Would be nice to report a signing this window

Quick Reply