Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310638 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #437: Jan 14, 2022 09:05:45 am
      Would be nice to report a signing this window

Once again Villa showing more ambition than us in a transfer window.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #438: Jan 14, 2022 09:08:39 am

By loaning in a busted flush and buying an average LB you mean?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #439: Jan 14, 2022 09:11:45 am

By strengthening the areas they've identified need strengthening.

Anyway, you're on of the posters that said you're "looking forward to Salah and Mane going Afcon" so the other players can show their talents.

Well you got what you wished for pal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #440: Jan 14, 2022 09:14:04 am

To be fair Si, they have gone and got whst they feel they need. We either wont spend or the boss is going to remain to loyal to some of his players.

Its clear for a while, highlighted perhaps last night, that we need freshening. 1 win in 6 are we now and that being Shrewsbury
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #441: Jan 14, 2022 09:16:08 am
      To be fair Si, they have gone and got whst they feel they need. We either wont spend or the boss is going to remain to loyal to some of his players.

And we have done the same every year.

A bigger issue for me is not that we aren't strengthening areas but that the players we have bought to strengthen are constantly injured.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #442: Jan 14, 2022 09:26:16 am
      And we have done the same every year.

A bigger issue for me is not that we aren't strengthening areas but that the players we have bought to strengthen are constantly injured.

Who's constantly injured then?

Thiago and Keita? That's midfield.

What about a backup RB? A backup DM? A LW and ST? That's what we need.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #443: Jan 14, 2022 11:38:52 pm

Wouldn’t call signing Digne ambition. As for Coutinho, they’re welcome to him.

Difference is, the level of player they need is significantly lower than the level we should be aiming for.
      If we sign a player at the level of Digne then they’d be uproar, people would be moaning we’ve signed said player because he’s not good enough. It’s essentially like us needing another forward but signing Joelinton. The pool of players Villa target is significantly bigger than the pool we should be targeting.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #444: Jan 15, 2022 09:59:20 am
      Thanks but no thanks. Always injured, looks to be absolutely not cut out for the PL as in not much of a runner, not very physical, can't play 90 minutes without bursting a lung out and that's in a team that doesn't come close to our relentless style on the press and the back and forth it involves.

I'll gladly pass. He'll either sign an extension with Juve, go to Barcelona to give the physios more job than they already have with Dembele, go to PSG or Newcastle will manage to convince him for an insane amount of money but then again, if I'm him I'd stay away from the Prem.

I was a huge fan of him before, when he was at Palermo. Remember me posting about us wishing us signing him because he was a brilliant player back then. Now it seems like he isnt hungry anymore, he used to run like Bobby chasing balls at Palermo. Now he just doesnt bother anymore and its hard to argue against the points you make.

Although if wages arent too much, and he is willing to give everything then, its still a very good player in him. Huge risk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #445: Jan 15, 2022 10:24:40 am
      Wouldn’t call signing Digne ambition. As for Coutinho, they’re welcome to him.

Difference is, the level of player they need is significantly lower than the level we should be aiming for.
      If we sign a player at the level of Digne then they’d be uproar, people would be moaning we’ve signed said player because he’s not good enough. It’s essentially like us needing another forward but signing Joelinton. The pool of players Villa target is significantly bigger than the pool we should be targeting.

This is something many of have talked about before.

The need for some to see a signing doesn't take into account the quality of player we actually need and should be buying.

As you say the pool of players we are looking at to come in and make us better is a lot smaller than most clubs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #446: Jan 15, 2022 12:48:41 pm
      David Ornstein, The Athletic:

“I’m not sure Roberto Firmino's contract is going to be renewed and I’m not sure Sadio Mané's contract is going to be renewed either. I do think Liverpool will make offers to them and then it will be down to the players to decide if they want to accept them.”
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #447: Jan 15, 2022 02:23:59 pm
      Rumour has it Barcelona are trying to offload De Jong. I wouldn't mind us trying our luck, he's a talent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #448: Jan 15, 2022 02:25:53 pm
      David Ornstein, The Athletic:

“I’m not sure Roberto Firmino's contract is going to be renewed and I’m not sure Sadio Mané's contract is going to be renewed either. I do think Liverpool will make offers to them and then it will be down to the players to decide if they want to accept them.”

Bit of a confusing article.

Starts saying that the contract's won't be renewed then says that both players will be offered contracts
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #449: Jan 15, 2022 02:42:42 pm
      Rumour has it Barcelona are trying to offload De Jong. I wouldn't mind us trying our luck, he's a talent.

Which one ?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #450: Jan 15, 2022 02:56:59 pm

Starts saying that the contract's won't be renewed then says that both players will be offered contracts

Reading between the lines, I think it indicates that we will make derisory offers that will be rejected....

It'll be a token display to make it look like we tried, but we really won't try very hard....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #451: Jan 15, 2022 02:58:50 pm
      Reading between the lines, I think it indicates that we will make derisory offers that will be rejected....

We pay all our best players a fantastic salary. I'm sure both these players will be made very good offers if we want to keep them.

Who knows though maybe we do want to start moving oner or two on to rebuild a new side?

Wouldn't be totally a ridiculous decision to have
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #452: Jan 15, 2022 02:59:28 pm

;D The end of my sentence should be enough for you to know... The other one can't really be called a 'talent'.  :lmao:
      To be fair, they're trying to sell both, but it's obviously Frenkie I was talking about.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #453: Jan 15, 2022 03:33:13 pm

Because the Athletic is just another click bait rag. Last summer they’re the ones that started the drama about Hendo’s extension.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #454: Jan 15, 2022 03:36:45 pm
      Because the Athletic is just another click bait rag. Last summer they’re the ones that started the drama about Hendo’s extension.

Yep.

It's all you ever hear about these days as well, The Athletic this and The Athletic that.

Can't escape it at times.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #455: Jan 15, 2022 03:51:09 pm
      Ignore the bas**rds
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #456: Jan 15, 2022 05:08:19 pm
      social media allows you to wade through crap until you find the crap you want the crap that agrees with your point of view Tezmac has it spot on ignore the fuckers.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #457: Jan 15, 2022 09:06:49 pm
      His name has been mentioned a few times already, but Charles De Ketelaere (Club Brugge) keeps impressing me week in, week out. He is Belgium's next big thing. He makes everything look so effortless. Kinda reminds me of Dennis Bergkamp...
      His technical abilities, pressing and versatility (can play across the front 3 and in midfield) would work wonders in Jürgen's system.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #458: Jan 15, 2022 11:55:58 pm
      Jarrod Bowen is on the up isn't he?

Jürgen is a big fan of his too. And Harvey Barnes from Leicester.

25 and 24? Seems about the right age. I like Joao Pedro for the future too
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #459: Jan 16, 2022 12:23:05 am

Not sure on him, seems for the last few seasons there has been a lot of talk about him and his potential but he doesn’t seem to really kick on.

Quick Reply