Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Scouting talk

Read 326384 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,528 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #529: Jan 20, 2022 01:56:37 pm
      This summer or the summer after ... 70m ... 90m it doesn't matter ... we won't be eating off that table. I'm sure the club already has plans in place depending on who stays/leaves ... we need a creative midfielder and another striker. I think mane is off in the summer ... but if Mo doesn't sign by the end of June he is off as well and will need to be replaced so maybe then we put an offer to sadio. Seems like we arnt prepared to re-sign the 2 of them. Busy summer

Why you thinking Mane is off in the summer?  If anything would think Mo might be more likely given the contract stall.
      Personally think Firmino might go before Mane.
      Midfielder the priority anyway imho.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #530: Jan 20, 2022 02:14:54 pm
      Only 1st team players leaving this year, milner, origi & philips. Possibly OX if he wants out, klopp wont push any of them BTW.

We will probably add a new younger forward and MF, hopefully guys that are not prospects.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #531: Jan 20, 2022 02:23:49 pm
      Only 1st team players leaving this year, milner, origi & philips. Possibly OX if he wants out, klopp wont push any of them BTW.

We will probably add a new younger forward and MF, hopefully guys that are not prospects.

Agree with that. Love Milly but he's overutilized and as such i prefer he leaves so Jürgen doesn't have that temptation to start him.

Origi i imagine would want to go and get more regular playing time, but he hasn't yet made any signals about that which surprises me given someone at his age, and having already won trophies, would generally be looking for a starting role somewhere.

Nat simply deserves to play more which he will never get here again unless another catastrophic injury crises occurs again.

I also think 1 of Mane/Bobby will leave. I believe both their contracts expire in 2023 and given their age i don't see the club resigning both of them and have an over-30 starting front 3 tied up to longer deals. One will go and another Jota-type will be brought in to continue the evolution of the club.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,280 posts | 6371 
      Reply #532: Jan 20, 2022 02:31:52 pm
      I thought we should be paying players whatever they want?
      Why do you have to try and be intentionally thick? You do realize that there's a difference between paying the best player in the world what he wants and paying someone like Dembele astronomical wages?

Between wages and, most importantly, his injury record during his time in Spain, there is also this potential issue for Barcelona to sell him in the winter.

"However, sources added to ESPN that getting a fee for him this month would be difficult because it would eat into commission the player and his camp would get this summer when they can move for free."

ESPN ;D

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,178 posts | 4908 
      Reply #533: Jan 20, 2022 02:43:09 pm
      Tielemans

Linked again...Leicester seem to be going backwards a bit

Would he be the best signing we could make for midfield

Fantastic player.

I'd have him or Bellingham and probably easier to get Tielemans. As someone said could be hard to see Dortmund selling Haaland and Bellingham in the same window.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #534: Jan 20, 2022 03:38:40 pm
      Agree with that. Love Milly but he's overutilized and as such i prefer he leaves so Jürgen doesn't have that temptation to start him.

Origi i imagine would want to go and get more regular playing time, but he hasn't yet made any signals about that which surprises me given someone at his age, and having already won trophies, would generally be looking for a starting role somewhere.

Nat simply deserves to play more which he will never get here again unless another catastrophic injury crises occurs again.

I also think 1 of Mane/Bobby will leave. I believe both their contracts expire in 2023 and given their age i don't see the club resigning both of them and have an over-30 starting front 3 tied up to longer deals. One will go and another Jota-type will be brought in to continue the evolution of the club.

Theres been rumours that milner has decided to leave himself so he can keep playing, so probably down to championship or something.

Origi is strange, hes so laid back some pundits reckon hes happy with his situation and being our random super hero. ;D

Mane and Bobbi I fancy will get short term deals or ask to run contracts down. they both deserve whatever they want tbh.

Nat really does deserve to be playing every week.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #535: Jan 20, 2022 04:51:22 pm
      Honestly mate I think it upsets you a hell of a lot more then it upsets Jürgen.

just because Jürgen doesnt feed the press it doesnt mean he wouldnt like to strengthen for the run in.  The Mo saga is a cause for concern for the Jürgen as these fuckers are edging there bets on this one and it could seriously back fire if Mo asks to leave or his form falls of a cliff.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,834 posts | 3385 
      Reply #536: Jan 20, 2022 05:04:12 pm
      Honestly mate I think it upsets you a hell of a lot more then it upsets Jürgen.

Yep I suspect Klopp is pretty calm about it all - he has said a few times about his dislike of the Jan window

Doesn’t appear to be many clubs signing players
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,178 posts | 4908 
      Reply #537: Jan 20, 2022 05:53:53 pm
      just because Jürgen doesnt feed the press it doesnt mean he wouldnt like to strengthen for the run in.  The Mo saga is a cause for concern for the Jürgen as these fuckers are edging there bets on this one and it could seriously back fire if Mo asks to leave or his form falls of a cliff.

If you think Jürgen is sitting fretting like some of you lot over the transfer window I think you're way off the mark.
      RedWilly

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #538: Jan 20, 2022 08:47:12 pm
      I know this might sound a little simplistic, but I don’t understand why we aren’t in for Haaland if his release clause is 68mill.

Yes he would command huge wages but his profile fits what we supposedly target right? I.e young, massive potential and can make an immediate impact.

His sell on fee would instantly go up to 150mill once he signs a new contract, it’s just fortunate that he currently has such a low release clause.

I know we won’t go in for him but the only reason not to is wages - but we move a few players on who aren’t massively contributing anyway and we cover that (Milner, Origi, Keita, Ox could all be moved on imo) as well as looking at maybe Firmino or Mane moving on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,834 posts | 3385 
      Reply #539: Jan 20, 2022 08:58:10 pm
      I know this might sound a little simplistic, but I don’t understand why we aren’t in for Haaland if his release clause is 68mill.

Yes he would command huge wages but his profile fits what we supposedly target right? I.e young, massive potential and can make an immediate impact.

His sell on fee would instantly go up to 150mill once he signs a new contract, it’s just fortunate that he currently has such a low release clause.

I know we won’t go in for him but the only reason not to is wages - but we move a few players on who aren’t massively contributing anyway and we cover that (Milner, Origi, Keita, Ox could all be moved on imo) as well as looking at maybe Firmino or Mane moving on.

Reports that he wants anywhere between £600k and £800k a week

Huge signing on fee plus big agent fees changes it from £68mil to well over £100mil

And if you move on all those players you need to replace them
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #540: Jan 20, 2022 09:04:35 pm

Huge signing on fee plus big agent fees changes it from £68mil to well over £100mil

Yup. He appointed Raiola as his agent for a reason.
      RedWilly

• 9,186 posts | 1636 
      Reply #541: Jan 20, 2022 09:06:50 pm

Ah right - didn’t realise the wages were that high, I was thinking half a mill a week or so. Which is obviously still huge but no chance we go for around 800k a week.

In terms of replacing those players I mentioned (excluding Bobby or Mane), they don’t really play that often, you could get one reliable midfield in who can play 40 odd games a season to replace Keita, Ox and Millie, the first two are never fit anyway so not much use having them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #542: Jan 21, 2022 09:23:47 am
      Tielemans

Been saying this for a while Brian, him and Raphinha at Leeds would be my targets, and I don’t think they’d cost as much ppl think, forget Chavs N City we can’t compete with their financial clout, Haaland, Mbappe will be in their crosshairs, but we can and should be targeting the Tieleman’s / Raphinha’s of this world, both are very good players but under Jürgen you can add another 12%, interesting though the situation at Barca regarding Dembele, Barca want rid, but Dembele is digging his heels in, happy taking the dollar sat on the bench, but won’t play either, something has to give and considering his contract is up I think this summer, we could have a nice wee freeby in our midst, who wouldn’t want to work with Jürgen if we dangle the carrot?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #543: Jan 21, 2022 09:38:12 am

Been saying this for a while Brian, him and Raphinha at Leeds would be my targets, and I don’t think they’d cost as much ppl think, forget Chavs N City we can’t compete with their financial clout, Haaland, Mbappe will be in their crosshairs, but we can and should be targeting the Tieleman’s / Raphinha’s of this world, both are very good players but under Jürgen you can add another 12%, interesting though the situation at Barca regarding Dembele, Barca want rid, but Dembele is digging his heels in, happy taking the dollar sat on the bench, but won’t play either, something has to give and considering his contract is up I think this summer, we could have a nice wee freeby in our midst, who wouldn’t want to work with Jürgen if we dangle the carrot?

I like Tielemams very good player but Bellingham is the one for me he will be world class.

Love Raphinha he'd be great for us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,834 posts | 3385 
      Reply #544: Jan 21, 2022 09:49:04 am

I don’t know enough about Tielemans - Raphina does look a very good player but would be a replacement for Mo if he left

Wouldn’t touch Dembele because of the level of injuries he has had and also wages
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,321 posts | 2811 
      Reply #545: Jan 22, 2022 09:16:14 am
      Only watched him a handful of times in the CL but Diaz from Porto looks an exciting player and I'm prefer us to sign a forward who can play left wing rather than a right winger like Raphinha anyway.

Number one midfield target would clearly be Bellingham but we won't have the money for that. Think Tielemans is a bit overrated in all honesty.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #546: Jan 22, 2022 12:57:30 pm
      Tielemans

The player I'd buy in a heartbeat. Lad has literally everything to be a mainstay in our midfield.

Do you remember the phrase "He looks a Liverpool player" that is what I think everytime I watch Tielemans.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #547: Jan 22, 2022 02:17:33 pm
      Why you thinking Mane is off in the summer?  If anything would think Mo might be more likely given the contract stall.
      Personally think Firmino might go before Mane.
      Midfielder the priority anyway imho.

Sadio is up at the same time as Mo. No noise over a new deal. Same for Bobby. Do you want to risk losing them for free in 18 months or sell in the summer and use the money to reinvest.

You would think that if the club wanted to retain Sadio who can sign elsewhere in 11 months time on a pre contract then they would have tied him down.

I've said it before and il say it again. The club renewed lots of players who had much longer left than Mo Sadio and Bobby. This wasn't an accident. This summer (5 months from now)  begins the last window to get any money for these 3 lads. Who stays and who re-signs I've no idea. But none of them can be allowed to leave for nothing.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,528 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #548: Jan 22, 2022 02:40:26 pm
      Sadio is up at the same time as Mo. No noise over a new deal. Same for Bobby. Do you want to risk losing them for free in 18 months or sell in the summer and use the money to reinvest.

You would think that if the club wanted to retain Sadio who can sign elsewhere in 11 months time on a pre contract then they would have tied him down.

I've said it before and il say it again. The club renewed lots of players who had much longer left than Mo Sadio and Bobby. This wasn't an accident. This summer (5 months from now)  begins the last window to get any money for these 3 lads. Who stays and who re-signs I've no idea. But none of them can be allowed to leave for nothing.

Ah, didn't realise Sadio was up same time as Mo. That makes things more interesting alright.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,747 posts | 858 
      Reply #549: Jan 23, 2022 04:15:28 pm
      So what about all the moaning about the AFCON, missing Mane and Salah, and all that good stuff?

Let me guess, now we're gonna shift from the mindreading trick of how JK feels about his squad and FSG to retroactive whining about the winter transfer window once we draw or lose a game. What will the twitter-verse send our way now.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #550: Jan 23, 2022 04:31:52 pm
      So what about all the moaning about the AFCON, missing Mane and Salah, and all that good stuff?

Let me guess, now we're gonna shift from the mindreading trick of how JK feels about his squad and FSG to retroactive whining about the winter transfer window once we draw or lose a game. What will the twitter-verse send our way now.

Quite a few people are mysteriously quiet all of the sudden..... :confused-smiley-013:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,209 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #551: Jan 23, 2022 05:08:51 pm
      Could have done with Mane or Salah,s finishing today

Quick Reply