Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Scouting talk

Read 321553 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #667: Apr 08, 2022 05:02:48 pm
      The Doak signing looks good. Clearly still very raw but as he matures physically and tactically he could be a nice player.

Really liking the emphasis on bringing in the best homegrown talent. The future front 6 looks promising:

Doak - Carvalho - Gordon
      ----- Clark ----- Elliott --------
      ----------- Morton -------------

That'll be half of next season's early rounds Cup team.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #668: Apr 08, 2022 05:33:59 pm
      The Doak signing looks good. Clearly still very raw but as he matures physically and tactically he could be a nice player.

Really liking the emphasis on bringing in the best homegrown talent. The future front 6 looks promising:

Doak - Carvalho - Gordon
      ----- Clark ----- Elliott --------
      ----------- Morton -------------

Sorry, but it's waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too early to put that kind of pressure on those young kids. Unfortunately, not all of them will make it at the highest level, that's just a fact. Remember the hype around Woodburn, Pacheco, Hobbs...?
      We also have many other promising youngsters that may surprise us (Jones, Clarkson, Musialowski, etc.). Some we haven't even heard of yet!

And don't forget, Diaz and Jota are only 25. They still have many years ahead of them.  ;)

I do agree with you to some extent though, the emphasis on homegrown talent can only be good for us in the long run. Not only on the pitch, but it will also help us recruiting the next ones as well.

The future is bright for the Reds, that's for sure.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #669: Apr 09, 2022 02:40:22 pm
      Sorry, but it's waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too early to put that kind of pressure on those young kids. Unfortunately, not all of them will make it at the highest level, that's just a fact. Remember the hype around Woodburn, Pacheco, Hobbs...?
      We also have many other promising youngsters that may surprise us (Jones, Clarkson, Musialowski, etc.). Some we haven't even heard of yet!

And don't forget, Diaz and Jota are only 25. They still have many years ahead of them.  ;)

I do agree with you to some extent though, the emphasis on homegrown talent can only be good for us in the long run. Not only on the pitch, but it will also help us recruiting the next ones as well.

Yes, it's not FIFA.

Over the years, we've seen that most of the players from the Academy or U23 don't make it. Luis Alberto, Suso, Ibe, Robinson, Flanagan, Solanke, Brewster come to mind.

But we're in good hands with FSG. When you see what's happening at Manchester United, you value more what we have here. Good management and sustainable decisions.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #670: Apr 13, 2022 12:50:40 pm

I wasn't necessarily inferring that that would be a future starting lineup, especially since Doak and Clark are so young. Rather I was simply illustrating that there's a nice balance to the front 6 in terms of the highest rated youngsters. For all we know most of these guys could go the way of Ki-Jana Hoever or Ben Woodburn.

Could definitely see 3 of those starting together in some cup games next year though, certainly Morton, Elliott, Gordon, and Carvalho. Throw in Jones as well and it's quite a decent young group who already started games this season (with the exception of Carvalho who's yet to join obviously).
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #671: Apr 13, 2022 01:10:10 pm

All valid points but I've seen a fair bit of Doak.

He is very special at that age.......ceiling very, very high
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #672: Apr 13, 2022 01:13:18 pm
      We won't be buying Rice, off to either Utd or Chelsea.

Rice is the player United should have signed in the summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #673: Apr 13, 2022 01:15:12 pm

Think if both had been given a fair crack at it they'd have done well for us because they've gone on to do well since leaving us. Both looked as though the potential was there but BR's man management where youngsters were concerned was poor. As it goes they actually played quite well for us, more so Suso I think but BR isn't the sort of manager to develop youngsters IMO. He clashed with Sterling too and he's said himself he'd have stayed if Klopp had arrived sooner.

Plenty of youngsters were at the club under BR; Suso, Luis Alberto, Illori, Sterling, Hendo amongst others. Obviously he was a part of the reason why Sterling left but he also tried to sell Hendo for Clint Dempsey!
      « Last Edit: Apr 13, 2022 01:20:17 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,102 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #674: Apr 13, 2022 10:39:27 pm
      Nunez should now be our number 1 target, with Origi moving on
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #675: Apr 13, 2022 10:41:52 pm

Unless one of the front 5 moved on, there's no room for Nunez. He's not going to come here to be 6th option up front
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #676: Apr 13, 2022 10:42:52 pm

Salah
      Mane
      Jota
      Diaz
      Bobby
      Possibly Taki as well.

I reckon we're alright in that department. If another one of the above was to leave then maybe. Other areas need sorting first.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #677: Apr 13, 2022 10:46:41 pm

As much as I would love Nunez here, Diaz is actually Origi's replacement.
      Should one of the others leave, then we should definitely go after him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #678: Apr 13, 2022 11:13:54 pm
      Diaz is actually Origi's replacement.

Not sure about that. Diaz is a wide player and Origi plays through the middle more often than not.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #679: Apr 13, 2022 11:26:21 pm
      Not sure about that. Diaz is a wide player and Origi plays through the middle more often than not.

Numerically speaking at least. And since his arrival, we've seen Sadio play centrally a few time, which wasn't a regular occurence before. I'm guessing we'll see more of that in the future.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #680: Apr 13, 2022 11:37:23 pm

Origi actually played a lot in LW.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #681: Apr 14, 2022 12:49:24 am
      If bobby and mane were to leave we could do worse than to replace them with Nunez and Martinelli.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #682: Apr 14, 2022 03:18:30 am
      If bobby and mane were to leave we could do worse than to replace them with Nunez and Martinelli.

IMO neither are realistic target.

I would say add AOC and Minamino to the list to leave and I will only replace them with Nkunku.
      Then IMO we need a boy like Mascherano to replace Milner, then this team suddenly ready to conqure the world. :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #683: Apr 14, 2022 07:02:22 am
      1000% That Darwin bloke ends up being on our list next season.

We always buy anyone who plays well against us!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #684: Apr 14, 2022 07:03:40 am
      Origi actually played a lot in LW.

Origi playing on the left was always a square peg in a round hole. He’s always struggled on the left, always much more effective when playing central.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,102 posts | 2761 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #685: Apr 14, 2022 08:28:49 am
      Unless one of the front 5 moved on, there's no room for Nunez. He's not going to come here to be 6th option up front

I wasnt serious about replacing Origi

I was serious about going after him, he is sh*t hot....and our original front 3 are not Benjemin Buttons they are getting older
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #686: Apr 14, 2022 08:45:57 am
      1000% That Darwin bloke ends up being on our list next season.

We always buy anyone who plays well against us!!

Darwin would suit you perfectly Aussie! ;D
      Now, how about we acquire Everton Soares?  :mad:
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #687: Apr 14, 2022 01:44:33 pm
      Origi playing on the left was always a square peg in a round hole. He’s always struggled on the left, always much more effective when playing central.

Agree. Dont know why Jürgen often used him on the left.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #688: Apr 14, 2022 01:46:04 pm
      I wasnt serious about replacing Origi

I was serious about going after him, he is sh*t hot....and our original front 3 are not Benjemin Buttons they are getting older

I've said it for a while that i expect one of the front 3 to leave this summer since they are all out of contract in 2023. If not this summer then on a free the following one, but i do not see us signing all 3 to long term deals given their age.

Nunez did look awesome and will likely have a lot of options offered to him this summer.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #689: Apr 14, 2022 01:49:11 pm
      Agree. Dont know why Jürgen often used him on the left.

Just something Origi does, did it before Jürgen arrived. Start through the middle, drift out to the left.

Quick Reply