Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310512 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #690: Apr 14, 2022 10:59:40 pm
      I've said it for a while that i expect one of the front 3 to leave this summer since they are all out of contract in 2023. If not this summer then on a free the following one, but i do not see us signing all 3 to long term deals given their age.

Nunez did look awesome and will likely have a lot of options offered to him this summer.

Hopefully a European night at Anfield opened his eyes to how awesome this club is. Top player 👏
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #691: Apr 15, 2022 02:54:25 am
      I've said it for a while that i expect one of the front 3 to leave this summer since they are all out of contract in 2023. If not this summer then on a free the following one, but i do not see us signing all 3 to long term deals given their age.

Nunez did look awesome and will likely have a lot of options offered to him this summer.

Few in for him, apparently. PSG being one of them
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #692: Apr 15, 2022 02:03:16 pm
      Nkunku should be the target over Nunez. Has scored 30 goals this season and a very healthy number of assists. This would be assuming someone like Mane or Firmino leaves, in addition to Origi.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #693: Apr 16, 2022 08:45:32 pm
      I'm curious about our plans for the midfield. I can see us going for a solid, engine type versatile midfielder (Tchouameni comes to mind) but I think for this to happen we definitely have to let one of the current midfielders go. The obvious one is Ox. I like the guy but I think he must be frustrated with his lack of game time. He did not make the bench on a couple of our last games despite being healthy as far as I know.

I'm also very curious to see what happens with Gomez. I would understand him wanted more minutes. Will he be pushing to go out or will Jürgen and co convince him to stay. If he goes out will he do so on loan or a permanent transfer and also what will be our reaction to that. Would we promote somebody like Van Den Berg or Koumetio, do nothing or try and get somebody on transfer market. I hope he stays because he is very clearly a heck of a CB with tons of potential.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #694: Apr 16, 2022 08:53:58 pm
      I'm curious about our plans for the midfield. I can see us going for a solid, engine type versatile midfielder (Tchouameni comes to mind) but I think for this to happen we definitely have to let one of the current midfielders go. The obvious one is Ox. I like the guy but I think he must be frustrated with his lack of game time. He did not make the bench on a couple of our last games despite being healthy as far as I know.

I'm also very curious to see what happens with Gomez. I would understand him wanted more minutes. Will he be pushing to go out or will Jürgen and co convince him to stay. If he goes out will he do so on loan or a permanent transfer and also what will be our reaction to that. Would we promote somebody like Van Den Berg or Koumetio, do nothing or try and get somebody on transfer market. I hope he stays because he is very clearly a heck of a CB with tons of potential.

To be brutally honest we wouldn't miss Chamberlain if he was gone.

The things he brought to the midfield he doesn't seem to have anymore and I'd let him go no question.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #695: Apr 16, 2022 09:39:03 pm

I think we will absolutely be in the market for the type of midfielder you describe. One who can ideally cover Fab in the DM position as I don't think Jürgen trusts anyone to play that role bar him, certainly in the big games.

Our issue will be if we can meet the homegrown requirements if the likes of Milner, Ox and possibly Gomez move on this summer.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #696: Apr 16, 2022 09:55:37 pm
      Think Gomez would be a good option at back up RB and at present 4th CB. Will.he take that ? Not sure but if we go full assault in all comps again he will get minutes
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #697: Apr 16, 2022 10:09:22 pm
      To be brutally honest we wouldn't miss Chamberlain if he was gone.

The things he brought to the midfield he doesn't seem to have anymore and I'd let him go no question.

Don’t think it’s any coincidence he hasn’t been seen since his little strop being subbed off last time he played.

Think Gomez would be a good option at back up RB and at present 4th CB. Will.he take that ? Not sure but if we go full assault in all comps again he will get minutes

I still think Livramento would be a good option to bring in at RB to cover for Trent. He’s looked good for Saints, he’s about 19 too so ideal age to start learning from Trent. As good as Gomez has been filling in at RB, naturally he’s a CB and I think it’s only a matter of time before he wants football playing CB week in week out. Which is fair enough given how much of his career he’s already missed through injury.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #698: Apr 17, 2022 01:45:15 pm
      Don’t think it’s any coincidence he hasn’t been seen since his little strop being subbed off last time he played.

I still think Livramento would be a good option to bring in at RB to cover for Trent. He’s looked good for Saints, he’s about 19 too so ideal age to start learning from Trent. As good as Gomez has been filling in at RB, naturally he’s a CB and I think it’s only a matter of time before he wants football playing CB week in week out. Which is fair enough given how much of his career he’s already missed through injury.

I read somewhere that there may be interest in I think Aberdeens young right back as cover for Trent. Can’t remember his name though.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #699: Apr 17, 2022 02:48:11 pm
      I read somewhere that there may be interest in I think Aberdeens young right back as cover for Trent. Can’t remember his name though.

Calvin Ramsay

Why not... I guess we've done "ok" with young Scottish fullbacks recently...  :f_tongueincheek: ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #700: Apr 17, 2022 02:54:20 pm
      I'm curious about our plans for the midfield. I can see us going for a solid, engine type versatile midfielder (Tchouameni comes to mind)

According to my brother it's Jude Bellingham we should be going for. I had to listen to this in great detail travelling down to London yesterday. :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2022 02:59:23 pm by HUYTON RED »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #701: Apr 17, 2022 03:43:57 pm
      According to my brother it's Jude Bellingham we should be going for. I had to listen to this in great detail travelling down to London yesterday. :laugh:
      hahaha thats a classic. No better time to listen to such a presentation than when you're on your way back after beaiting dirty City in the F.A. cup semi tho

I do agree that Bellingham is already a very good player with tons of potential. His agent is also not Mino Raiola which always helps. The only problem I see with him is that if we really want him we'll probably have to wait another year or so. BVB usually don't sell their star players all in one window. They most probably will be selling Haaland this summer so letting go of Bellingham in the same window might be a bit too much to ask. Of course BVB can always be convinced with more money but its also not our style to throw extra cash just to make it happen a year earlier.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #702: Apr 18, 2022 08:12:11 am
      I would be happy if we signed Bellingham on a future transfer if BVB dont want to sell this summer. We can wait 1 year for him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #703: Apr 25, 2022 09:37:17 pm
      As with everything you first read on the internet, take it with a grain or 2 of salt:

https://www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/match-coverage/report-from-uruguay-states-darwin-nunez-will-join-liverpool

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #704: Apr 25, 2022 09:48:05 pm

Imagine if we did buy him, I wonder who would be the first to make a banner featuring the Darwinism theory
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #705: Apr 25, 2022 09:58:40 pm

Yeah until there's something remotely official I don't tend to believe any of it. But FWIW, I think he is very much the type of player we would go after. This summer all the talk and news is going to be about where Mbappe and Haaland end up and as much as we'd all like to sign at least one of those 2 players, we are all smart enough to know that it simply isn't going to happen because their demands are astronomical, especailly in Haaland's case. Nunez from what we saw of him looks like a Klopp player; his work rate was very good, he was popping up all over the pitch in attack - like our current forwards, there was the flexibility to where he can play and he looks like a boss finisher. In general he was causing us a world of problems and we struggled to handle him. He's the type of player that could easily fly under the radar and sign whilst all the hype is elsewhere.

With Origi leaving, no certainty over the futures of Mo, Mane and Bobby, it's a signing that is very possible IMO.

Plus, Benfica owe us after taking us to the cleaners with Markovic.
      Richard88
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 399 posts | 145 
      • John 3:16
      Reply #706: Apr 30, 2022 04:02:09 am
      The tweet by Joyce about LFC having interest in Bellingham but Dortmund not wanting to let him leave the same summer as Haaland suggests that a Keita-style deal could be in the works, whereby the club agrees a deal a year early.

That would explain Klopp's comments about stability and his extension helping in the transfer market. It would be less appealing for Bellingham to agree to join Liverpool in 2023 this summer if he knew Klopp was leaving after just one year in 2024, but with Klopp extending to 2026 that wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Thus, piecing together various bits from Maddock, Joyce, King, etc, it seems like the plan is something like this:

2022:
      In: Tchouameni
      Out: Ox, Origi, Milner (or Milner stays another year)

2023:
      In: Bellingham (agreed in summer 2022)

Effectively building towards the midfield below, where Thiago and Henderson gradually get phased into squad players as the younger guys develop.

Thiago - Henderson
      Keita ---- Bellingham
      Jones -- Elliott
      --------------------------------
      -------- Fabinho ----------
      ----- Tchouameni ------
      --------- Morton ----------

Carvalho could be included there too but he seems more like a player Klopp will want to mould into the front 3.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #707: May 09, 2022 06:39:46 pm
      See a lot of news about LFC interesting in Aurelien Tchouameni. Just from video on social media he is extremely good player, IMHO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #708: May 09, 2022 11:54:47 pm
      See a lot of news about LFC interesting in Aurelien Tchouameni. Just from video on social media he is extremely good player, IMHO.

Never really heard of him but saw he scored a boss goal recently from about 30 yards
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #709: May 10, 2022 05:18:10 pm

Holding midfielder 3 goals and 1 assist asking for 55m Nah not for me can't see how he will take us forward with FAB playing 90% games in that role
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #710: May 10, 2022 06:14:27 pm
      Young FB from Aberdeen seems close
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #711: May 14, 2022 05:16:02 pm
      Holding midfielder 3 goals and 1 assist asking for 55m Nah not for me can't see how he will take us forward with FAB playing 90% games in that role

It's all about squad depth and the future.  Milner isn't getting any younger.  Fab can't play every game.  This kid is 22 and only going to get better.  Would you not want our future and current squad better? 

This kid tackles good.  Imagine some games where we need 2 def mids.  Would also give us the ability to play a attacking mid higher up right behind our front 3. 

Me personally, I'd love the signing. 

Him and Nunez, we would be golden. 
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #712: May 14, 2022 08:33:17 pm
      It's all about squad depth and the future.  Milner isn't getting any younger.  Fab can't play every game.  This kid is 22 and only going to get better.  Would you not want our future and current squad better? 

This kid tackles good.  Imagine some games where we need 2 def mids.  Would also give us the ability to play a attacking mid higher up right behind our front 3. 

Me personally, I'd love the signing. 

Him and Nunez, we would be golden. 

Agree mate.
      I don't think Ox and Minamino stay so we definitely need two senior midfield player.
      IMO its regret we have only Fab as a dm while the team fighting for 4 compettitions.

Quick Reply