Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Scouting talk

Read 327070 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #760: May 27, 2022 06:10:01 pm
      Harry Kane?

Maybe the first time we've been liked with a player I really dislike.

Couldn't imagine him in red.

You lot! can’t stand him with a passion Si can you, would be so so funny if true.  :lmao:
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 329 posts | 62 
      Reply #762: May 27, 2022 06:24:54 pm
      You lot! can’t stand him with a passion Si can you, would be so so funny if true.  :lmao:

If it happens it won't drag on and be completed very quickly. All Depends on Mane and how much a statement the owners want to make. Let's not forget its been confirmed we held talks with Mbappe so this is not an impossible deal.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #763: May 27, 2022 06:38:04 pm

Yes mate I think it does unite us.

He's a complete bellend in my opinion and a cheating f**ker.

Being England's 'golden boy' as we doesn't help.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #764: May 27, 2022 06:55:06 pm
      This is such an anti-FSG signing, there’s literally no way it happens even if he wasn’t a giant bellend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #765: May 27, 2022 07:54:09 pm
      Hahahaha things that aren't happening this summer - us signing that spit the dog gobs***e.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #766: May 27, 2022 10:09:45 pm
      As much as i don’t like kane I think if he replaced mane the idea of a Diaz salah and Kane front three would be pretty exciting.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #767: May 28, 2022 03:19:37 am
      We talked with Mbappe and quickly learned we were miles apart re wages. Same with Haaland and same with Harry Kane, who also does not fit our system.

Remember that six months ago most of us didn't know who Luis Diaz is. Any new signing this summer would likely be similar.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #768: May 28, 2022 09:11:38 am
      We talked with Mbappe and quickly learned we were miles apart re wages. Same with Haaland and same with Harry Kane, who also does not fit our system.

Remember that six months ago most of us didn't know who Luis Diaz is. Any new signing this summer would likely be similar.

Every since the Virgil grief with Southampton  our stance on saying hee haw has paid dividends, Fab, Konate ,Diaz , seeing the so called in the know journo`s struggling to put a line on how we signed X,Y,or Z and them not knowing brings its own satisfaction.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #769: May 28, 2022 09:15:49 am

That's it.

There's plenty of great footballers out there who aren't already big names.

That policy has served us well and likely to continue
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #770: May 28, 2022 09:23:29 am

Is right mate.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #771: May 28, 2022 05:28:14 pm
      That's it.

There's plenty of great footballers out there who aren't already big names.

That policy has served us well and likely to continue

Couldn't agree more. The only 'big name' we bought in recent years is Thiago, and that's only because we could get him at a reduced price.

Why pay the extra money for the established player when he'll need to be moulded into a "Jürgen Klopp player" anyway. Might as well go for the cheaper and younger option, which more often than not, will also be easier to mould.

Do you seriously think someone like Harry Kane will adapt him game and start pressing all over the pitch? I think not...
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #772: May 29, 2022 02:35:24 am
      As much as i don’t like kane I think if he replaced mane the idea of a Diaz salah and Kane front three would be pretty exciting.

Would he of finished any of those chances last night
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #773: May 29, 2022 12:03:49 pm
      Couldn't agree more. The only 'big name' we bought in recent years is Thiago, and that's only because we could get him at a reduced price.

Why pay the extra money for the established player when he'll need to be moulded into a "Jürgen Klopp player" anyway. Might as well go for the cheaper and younger option, which more often than not, will also be easier to mould.

Do you seriously think someone like Harry Kane will adapt him game and start pressing all over the pitch? I think not...

As much as I hate to defend Kane, he has actually been a pretty active defender when I’ve watched him, and I have very little doubt he’d have put one of those close chances in the back of the net last night. That said, don’t really want him.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #774: May 29, 2022 08:55:55 pm
      I doubt Kane would happen...
      I can’t see is spending that kind of money on a 29 year old.

Like someone else mentioned, Nunez would be awesome.

Salah, Nunez and Diaz with jota bobby and cavalho as cover? I’d take that.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #775: May 29, 2022 09:30:48 pm
      As much as I hate to defend Kane, he has actually been a pretty active defender when I’ve watched him, and I have very little doubt he’d have put one of those close chances in the back of the net last night. That said, don’t really want him.

Dead on. He's f**king annoying as hell. I love him on the Champions. With that said, if he was a Red and helped us win trophies I'd be the first to eat sh*t and sing his praises. He's progressed so much the past few years from just a number 9. In the City game he looked like the best MF I had ever seen. He led the league in assist not to long ago, and he works harder off the ball than most who don't watch realize. There aren't many who would be an upgrade to Mane, but he's one of them.

Darwin Nunez will fit in nicely here. I forsee that deal happening, rather than Kane.

No rebuild here. Some will leave and we will reload and go again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #776: May 29, 2022 09:55:50 pm

Like someone else mentioned, Nunez would be awesome.

United also been linked with him Bob.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #777: May 29, 2022 10:05:19 pm

this is a big world and lots of footballers in it get the scouts out and find the next Mo I suspect they are already out looking and have been for some time
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #778: May 29, 2022 10:26:36 pm
      Jarrod Bowen would be top of my list. Kid works his ass off of the ball, is a great crasher, great at creating space for others with his movement, and creates chances with the best in the EPL. Play him on the left and let Salah work through the center, and if Salah leaves you already have his replacement next season. Top top player.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #779: May 30, 2022 12:15:46 am
      this is a big world and lots of footballers in it get the scouts out and find the next Mo I suspect they are already out looking and have been for some time

Oh no question. In fact if there is to be a summer signing it's probably (mostly) done. The player would fit into or can be developed into what Klopp is looking for from whatever position he plays. Of course care will be taken to make sure he fits in with the group off the park as well (what Paul Tompkins calls the "No d***heads rule").
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #780: May 30, 2022 01:35:24 pm
      I think its more about who is leaving this summer, Club will probably want the sales to happen quickly, then we may see a couple of new faces.

Looking at Ox, Origi, Mane, Philips, Nico.W all leaving.

Some of the above have arguably already been replaced.

Ox - Jones \ Elliott
      Origi - Jota \ Taki
      Mane - Diaz
      Philips - Konate
      Nico.W - Gomez

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #781: May 30, 2022 01:36:50 pm
      Dead on. He's f**king annoying as hell. I love him on the Champions. With that said, if he was a Red and helped us win trophies I'd be the first to eat sh*t and sing his praises. He's progressed so much the past few years from just a number 9. In the City game he looked like the best MF I had ever seen. He led the league in assist not to long ago, and he works harder off the ball than most who don't watch realize. There aren't many who would be an upgrade to Mane, but he's one of them.

Darwin Nunez will fit in nicely here. I forsee that deal happening, rather than Kane.

No rebuild here. Some will leave and we will reload and go again.

Imagine we took Kane and Son of that lot.  :lmao:

Quick Reply