Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Scouting talk

Read 327101 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,167 posts | 8548 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1035: Jul 08, 2022 12:22:23 pm
      Real question, who would you rather have? Rice or Bellingham? Both will prolly cost 100mil+

I dont watch any league other than the prem and championship, so other than when Jude gets in for international duty I have to rely on word of mouth and HL that are designed to make people look good. I can say without question that IMO, Rice is the real deal.

I go Rice just because I don't know how good Bellingham is and Rice is more than proven himself in the Prem.

Interested to hear from you guys.

I honestly cannot see us buy anyone for £100 million.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #1036: Jul 08, 2022 01:11:39 pm
      I honestly cannot see us buy anyone for £100 million.

Didn't Klopp say the day he did he wouldn't be working or something  along those lines
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1037: Jul 08, 2022 01:26:45 pm
      I'd guess the club would like to, or even need to, get Chamberlain and maybe even Navy's wages off the books to have the package to get Bellingham.

It'll be next season if it happens at all but like you I think we'll go for a more left field option that hadn't been talked about as much.

It's just our way

I read yesterday the club may be working towards contract extensions for Naby and Jota, so maybe Naby is in the longer term plans. Hope he stays healthy if so.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #1038: Jul 08, 2022 01:51:15 pm
      Didn't Klopp say the day he did he wouldn't be working or something  along those lines

He did say something like that and i believe it was after the 89M Pogba transfer.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1039: Jul 10, 2022 11:28:27 am
      Daily star reporting we 'missed out' on sterling and he chose Chelsea over us. Where do they find the sh*t to make this bull up.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1040: Jul 10, 2022 06:39:38 pm
      Daily star reporting we 'missed out' on sterling and he chose Chelsea over us. Where do they find the sh*t to make this bull up.

Absolute crap
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1041: Jul 11, 2022 09:18:47 am
      To be fair, nobody actually has a clue what's happening in terms of transfers, the club keep everything so close to it's chest that it usually comes as a bit of a surprise. If we are to sign anyone else this summer, it won't be a UK source first reporting it, it would be a foreign one due to a leak from the other teams/agent. As was the case with Nunez.

aye true enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1042: Jul 11, 2022 10:31:35 am
      I read yesterday the club may be working towards contract extensions for Naby and Jota, so maybe Naby is in the longer term plans. Hope he stays healthy if so.

Or it's so the club don't lose him on a free transfer next summer. This was probably his best season with us so far, still lots of room for improvement on performances and consistency so maybe it's a case of giving him one last shot at it next season and if he doesn't really show anything else then the club aim to recoup at least a fraction of the large amount spent on him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,167 posts | 8548 
      Reply #1043: Jul 11, 2022 07:36:05 pm

It's the core reporting of the paper to report absolute bullshit and have tits on page 3.
      The Daily Star is pretty much a comic.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1044: Jul 12, 2022 07:56:58 pm
      It's the core reporting of the paper to report absolute bullshit and have tits on page 3.
      The Daily Star is pretty much a comic.

Everytime I walk past it in the ship I notice that the front page usually features stories about aliens and men in Black mysteriously arriving after a sighting...
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,529 posts | 720 
      Reply #1045: Jul 17, 2022 07:33:20 pm
      We are apparently hijack a transfer for Antony, but I think we also need a midfielder. cmon FSG!

https://www.sportbible.com/football/man-utd-transfer-target-called-erik-ten-hag-to-say-he-wanted-ajax-move-20220716
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1046: Jul 18, 2022 03:41:15 am
      Dybala only wants 100k a week? I'm playing with other people's money her, but what's the hold up on signing that dude on the free?
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1047: Jul 18, 2022 04:23:43 am
      Dybala only wants 100k a week? I'm playing with other people's money her, but what's the hold up on signing that dude on the free?

Because he's lazy as F**k? There's a reason there aren't many clubs lining up for his signature.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #1048: Jul 18, 2022 10:47:18 am

Im huge fan of dybala and was hoping for us signing him rather then Juve. He is still a great player, wouldn't mind him joining us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1049: Jul 18, 2022 11:10:06 am
      Im huge fan of dybala and was hoping for us signing him rather then Juve. He is still a great player, wouldn't mind him joining us.

Signed for Roma.

We were linked with him a few years ago for something like 80mill. Not worth anywhere near that IMO but still a very good player and could be a great deal for Roma taking him on a free. Wouldn't have minded us going for him but when we already have Carvalho and Elliott, and to a lesser extent Jones, he probably isn't really needed. We have a few very talented youngsters, 2 in in particular and signing Dybala would only have hindered their progress when they have the potential to make a name for themselves in the season ahead.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,210 posts | 1214 
      Reply #1050: Jul 19, 2022 04:19:22 pm

Don't need him, now at Roma and he stinks of a mercenary if you ask me (well suited to Mou). No doubt could have joined a CL club as Inter were strongly linked.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #1051: Jul 19, 2022 08:40:01 pm
      Don't need him, now at Roma and he stinks of a mercenary if you ask me (well suited to Mou). No doubt could have joined a CL club as Inter were strongly linked.

why does he stink of mercenary and why doesnt our players do that? strange comment that. Didnt his contract run out or was running out soon? dont see, alot of our players have done that too and its the part of the game. Just like when we dont renew contracts with some of our academy players.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #1052: Jul 22, 2022 11:55:17 am
      Tyler Morton potentially off on a season long loan to Blackburn.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1053: Jul 22, 2022 12:05:02 pm
      Tyler Morton potentially off on a season long loan to Blackburn.

Will do him good.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #1054: Jul 22, 2022 12:16:06 pm
      Signed for Roma.

We were linked with him a few years ago for something like 80mill. Not worth anywhere near that IMO but still a very good player and could be a great deal for Roma taking him on a free. Wouldn't have minded us going for him but when we already have Carvalho and Elliott, and to a lesser extent Jones, he probably isn't really needed. We have a few very talented youngsters, 2 in in particular and signing Dybala would only have hindered their progress when they have the potential to make a name for themselves in the season ahead.

Dybala is no where near the quality of Salah, Diaz and Nunes. He wouldn't even be able to compete with Firmino

way past his prime and he has attitude issues.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1055: Jul 22, 2022 12:39:17 pm
      Dybala is no where near the quality of Salah, Diaz and Nunes. He wouldn't even be able to compete with Firmino

way past his prime and he has attitude issues.

I didn't say he is at the level of the others, that's why I said he's not worth anywhere near the 80mill price tag he was rumoured to have when we were linked with him in the past. I also said he wouldn't really be worth going for when you take into account the younger players coming through too.

Can't say about the attitude problems but from what I can gather, he took a pay cut in order to join Roma?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #1056: Jul 22, 2022 01:44:10 pm
      I didn't say he is at the level of the others, that's why I said he's not worth anywhere near the 80mill price tag he was rumoured to have when we were linked with him in the past. I also said he wouldn't really be worth going for when you take into account the younger players coming through too.

Can't say about the attitude problems but from what I can gather, he took a pay cut in order to join Roma?

He had a few good seasons with Juve, and back then when we were linked with him we didn't sign Salah yet. I would have signed him, looked quality but then his form deteriorated (especially when Cristiano Ronaldo joined) to the point that Juve wanted to get rid of him. 

took a pay cut to Roma because no other club would sign him.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1057: Jul 22, 2022 06:08:49 pm

took a pay cut to Roma because no other club would sign him.

Yeah his options were very limited. Juventus got Pogba, Inter got Lukaku, Milan got Detelaere which meant if he wanted to stay in Italy Roma was next on the list.

Nifty player, always liked him but do question if his style fit the Premiership.

Quick Reply