Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310425 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1058: Jul 23, 2022 01:46:18 pm

No more transfers this window bar injuries or departures cos JĆ¼rgen said so!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1059: Jul 24, 2022 12:32:57 pm

ā€œAnd Iā€™m in love with him and I feel fineā€ 😂

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1060: Jul 24, 2022 03:44:25 pm

Right decision IMO, donā€™t think we need to add anyone else this year. Feel like a transfer now would be for the sake of it more than anything. Still a couple of departures that we could do with, such as Ox but on the whole, think our squad is ready to go.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1061: Jul 25, 2022 01:32:42 pm
      Right decision IMO, donā€™t think we need to add anyone else this year. Feel like a transfer now would be for the sake of it more than anything. Still a couple of departures that we could do with, such as Ox but on the whole, think our squad is ready to go.

The boss knows best.

However ... I still feel the midfield needs looking at.

As you say, Ox i feel needs to be moved on. I'm not nor ever will be convinced on keita either. Both of these lads will spend more time injured sadly as their bodies seem to just let then down.

I have the same worries about Henderson and Thiago in terms of them picking up injuries. Especially thiago.

Milly ... well we know what we are getting there as we do with Fabinho. I think we are abit light.

Obviously cavalho is a prospect and JĆ¼rgen must be convinced he can play regularly otherwise surely he would have had a years prem experience on loan at Fulham. But at the end of tye day he's still a young lad with little experience. Same for Harvey I guess.

Ultimately I'm sure JĆ¼rgen has his eyes and net cast. Bellingham would be a dream but there will be lots of clubs in for him.

I guess to sum up I'm concerned with the age and injury record of our midfielders. I'd have been tempted to offload naby and Alex and bring in someone.

All about availability though. And for all we know we might have someone already lined up and agreed for next summer.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1062: Jul 25, 2022 01:51:16 pm
      The boss knows best.

As you say, Ox i feel needs to be moved on. I'm not nor ever will be convinced on keita either. Both of these lads will spend more time injured sadly as their bodies seem to just let then down.

I have the same worries about Henderson and Thiago in terms of them picking up injuries. Especially thiago.

Milly ... well we know what we are getting there as we do with Fabinho. I think we are abit light.

Obviously cavalho is a prospect and JĆ¼rgen must be convinced he can play regularly otherwise surely he would have had a years prem experience on loan at Fulham. But at the end of tye day he's still a young lad with little experience. Same for Harvey I guess.

Ultimately I'm sure JĆ¼rgen has his eyes and net cast. Bellingham would be a dream but there will be lots of clubs in for him.

I guess to sum up I'm concerned with the age and injury record of our midfielders. I'd have been tempted to offload naby and Alex and bring in someone.

All about availability though. And for all we know we might have someone already lined up and agreed for next summer.

Perhaps it's just me, but it would seem a bit strange to spend 70-80m on Bellingham when we already have 3 promising youngsters in the team (Harvey, Curtis and Fabio). After all, Bellingham doesn't have much more experience.

I'd rather we give our lads a chance this season, when we still have Milly and the Ox as backup, to release the kids of some of the pressure while we ease them into the team. Then it's up to them to impress. We might realize we don't need Bellingham after all.

And if we feel our lads are not up for it after this season, we can always go for Bellingham next summer. His price shouldn't increase too much anyway, so what's the rush?
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1063: Jul 25, 2022 02:17:04 pm
      Bellingham has more experience than our young lads ... including international and CL experience.

I've never been convinced by Jones. Cavalho and Elliot are obviously very talented. Let's see how they go.
      RN1LFC
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1064: Jul 26, 2022 04:40:42 pm
      I think Bellingham goes elsewhere next summer though be honest.

Ideally Ox goes in this window, the Morton loan deal gets sorted and we sign a midfielder . I feel we need one
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1065: Jul 30, 2022 10:15:35 am
      The boss knows best.

I have the same worries about Henderson and Thiago in terms of them picking up injuries. Especially thiago

As I was saying ..... Chamberlain down already long term. Him and keita should have been moved on.

I'm aware Bellingham is liked but probably not available until next season. But surely we have others on the radar who tick the boxes who are better than keita/chamberlain etc and could have been brought in this season.

Feels like we just keep faith with injury prone players. Both keita and Chamberlain have spent 75% of their time here it seems getting paid whilst being injured and will both walk out the door for free at the end of the season.

When you think they cost about 90m to bring in ... plus what we have paid them during their time here .... it just doesn't make any financial sense to keep retaining them to pay them when they're hardly ever on the pitch.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1066: Jul 30, 2022 10:34:23 am
      As I was saying ..... Chamberlain down already long term. Him and keita should have been moved on.

I'm aware Bellingham is liked but probably not available until next season. But surely we have others on the radar who tick the boxes who are better than keita/chamberlain etc and could have been brought in this season.

Feels like we just keep faith with injury prone players. Both keita and Chamberlain have spent 75% of their time here it seems getting paid whilst being injured and will both walk out the door for free at the end of the season.

When you think they cost about 90m to bring in ... plus what we have paid them during their time here .... it just doesn't make any financial sense to keep retaining them to pay them when they're hardly ever on the pitch.

Players arenā€™t paid by the club when they have a long term injury FWIW, itā€™s covered by an insurance.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1067: Jul 30, 2022 10:41:36 am
      I still think Depay would be a good option, Klopp can do his magic on any personality issues and heā€™d fit our system like a glove, looks to be leaving Barca on the cheap now theyā€™ve done their mad Fifa type buying.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1068: Aug 03, 2022 10:10:07 am
      Players arenā€™t paid by the club when they have a long term injury FWIW, itā€™s covered by an insurance.

Are they? Ah fair enough. The price for insurance on Alex must be extortionate 😀. Probably doesn't work that way like.

As I say though .... I'd have moved Alex on. May have got 15m or so for him. Even when fit he's probably behind Miller elliot and Fabio in the pecking order.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1069: Aug 03, 2022 10:11:00 am
      Seeing these reports on rubbish sites re Bellingham. Be great if it were true and they do a deal now for Jan or the Summer.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1070: Aug 03, 2022 10:57:57 am
      Seeing these reports on rubbish sites re Bellingham. Be great if it were true and they do a deal now for Jan or the Summer.

I don't see Dortmund doing a deal in advance. His value will likely only rise and next summer there will probably be several clubs interested in him. It only worked for Keita as he had a release clause the following summer and we offered a few million extra on top of that.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1071: Aug 03, 2022 12:23:58 pm
      I don't see Dortmund doing a deal in advance. His value will likely only rise and next summer there will probably be several clubs interested in him. It only worked for Keita as he had a release clause the following summer and we offered a few million extra on top of that.

I wonder if Bellingham may have a clause? Who knows eh.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1072: Aug 03, 2022 01:51:22 pm
      I don't think we are going to see Bellingham here. We just aren't going to pay the high fee or likely the high wage that he will demand. The only way he comes here is if he truly has his heart set on playing for us. Just my humble opinion.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #1073: Aug 03, 2022 04:31:28 pm
      I don't think we are going to see Bellingham here. We just aren't going to pay the high fee or likely the high wage that he will demand. The only way he comes here is if he truly has his heart set on playing for us. Just my humble opinion.

According to reports the lad does want to come to Anfield but there are a number of interested parties that have a vested interest in the situation - not least of all his agent!
      After saying that we have in JĆ¼rgen Klopp the only choice of manager for any footballer wanting to play for the best coach on the planet.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1074: Aug 03, 2022 07:52:06 pm

De Jong's non-transfer to United shows that in modern football a club often can't force a player to move to another club just because they offer the biggest fee.
      If Bellingham does want to come to Liverpool ( I hope the rumours are true) then he's likely to be here next season. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but it's a growing trend in the modern game.
      Harland is another example but he had the clause in the contract.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1075: Aug 03, 2022 09:59:29 pm

Already said its not all about the money and more about winning trophies . Think there is a massive chance he comes hence why we haven't chucked a lot of money on that area this season
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1076: Aug 04, 2022 10:47:18 pm
      With our current list of injuries stacking up, it might push the prospects of signing Bellingham a couple of rungs up the ladder !

Personally I think thereā€™s a lot of hype being spun about him, but I donā€™t see the brilliance everyone else seems to 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Think heā€™s a decent player, but Iā€™ve not seen the great ness in any of his performances Iā€™ve watched
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1077: Aug 05, 2022 12:08:05 am
      Quite an active market for central midfielders this summer and yet we've held off despite clearly needing to reinforce in that area within the next 12 months. I think it speaks to the faith JĆ¼rgen has in our current squad and in identifying the right player in the next window or two but of all the players who've moved or could yet move this summer -- Kessie, De Ketelaere, Gravenbach, Sanchez, Eriksen, De Jong, Tielemans, Zakaria, Tchouameni -- is there anyone who we might look back on and think they might have made a significant difference this season?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1078: Aug 05, 2022 11:40:29 am
      We won't push through a signing in midfield just because of a couple of short term injuries.

Only way that happens is if the player we want is available sooner.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1079: Aug 05, 2022 04:39:26 pm
      Other fans constantly talking about Ā£64 mil we paid for Nunez like itā€™s a joke when you got Chelsea paying Ā£60 mil for a bang average full back and nothing is said  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1080: Aug 05, 2022 05:57:20 pm
      Other fans constantly talking about Ā£64 mil we paid for Nunez like itā€™s a joke when you got Chelsea paying Ā£60 mil for a bang average full back and nothing is said  :lmao:

Most of the people who talk football online are complete morons to be honest and if not too busy trying to have 'banter' which ends up not being funny anyway.

Quick Reply