Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Scouting talk

Read 325532 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1127: Aug 17, 2022 10:49:46 pm
      It's a matter of money and what the club deem as more important.

When I'm on holiday I pay a lot more for food, drinks and so one because in that moment I prioritise me and my family having a great time over money.

The owners prioritise their wallet over us winning trophies. It's left to Jürgen to work his art. No manager in world football can work under this regime and win what Klopp has. We should have more League titles but we don't. We don't because there's always an excuse as to why we can't build on what we have.

Everyone has strengthened and got closer to us make no mistake about that. Fsg allowed that, no one else. Two games in and it's glaringly evident.

As for world class names.

1. Barella
      2. Declan Rice
      3. Ruben Neves
      4. Casameiro
      5. Bellingham (hard)
      6. Brighton kid Ceceido?

There’s definitely a familiar stench to this one.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,205 posts | 1208 
      Reply #1128: Aug 17, 2022 10:53:12 pm
      So who is this midfield player, no world class midfielder we can go out and buy to make us Champions.
      I can imagine Jürgen and his recruitment team have been through every possible player for months but havent come up with this mystery player so who is he

World class midfielders are in very short supply at present (compared with previous eras). We wouldn't buy the one that was world class, though, but one with potential to be so and I can only think of Bellingham in that regard.

For me it would have been nice however if we could have signed a CM who was a significant improvement on Ox and Keita even if not necessarily out of the very top bracket e.g. Tielemans or De Ketelaere, so we have the added depth and cover and still to be able to make our move in subsequent windows if a Bellingham became available and within reach. I think we have been a bit too loyal to the former two whose output hasn't been commensurate with their cost.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1129: Aug 17, 2022 11:07:04 pm
      There’s definitely a familiar stench to this one.

Wow you lot are really rude when someone has an opposing view. Is this an lfc forum of fsg forum?

Stench you know 😂😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1130: Aug 17, 2022 11:47:33 pm

When I'm on holiday I pay a lot more for food, drinks and so one because in that moment I prioritise me and my family having a great time over money.

This is a horrible analogy. Most times when you spend more money for food and drinks on holiday the food and drinks aren't any better than if you'd bought them at home for much less. Keep trying though.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1131: Aug 17, 2022 11:51:54 pm
      This is a horrible analogy. Most times when you spend more money for food and drinks on holiday the food and drinks aren't any better than if you'd bought them at home for much less. Keep trying though.

You've completely missed the point. I pay a premium because I want it right then and it's a higher price than normal. I prioritise us having fun over the inflated price.

Priorities.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1132: Aug 18, 2022 01:47:30 am
      You've completely missed the point. I pay a premium because I want it right then and it's a higher price than normal. I prioritise us having fun over the inflated price.

Priorities.

That's not how Klopp does business so your analogy is irrelevant.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1133: Aug 18, 2022 02:00:31 am
      That's not how Klopp does business so your analogy is irrelevant.

Yes he does. We paid a high price for Darwin because we needed him now. We also paid a high price for VVD and Ali. Because of those high prices Jürgen wasn't allowed to sign anyone the following year. That's a massive indication of there being a spending money issue. We must recoup what we spend. This is hindering us. We're now with the pack and further behind City. A lot will deny it but as the season goes on they'll see. Then what will be the excuse? "Oh we're in transition" or "Darwin a and the new system needs time".

Our best midfield three is Fab, Thiago and Hendo.

Hendo is not good enough anymore, Thiago gets injured too much and Fab has no competition and has been sh*t for a while.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1134: Aug 18, 2022 06:55:10 am
      The owners prioritise their wallet over us winning trophies.

We were literally 2 goals away from the quadruple last season.

We sold Mané and paid 80m to replace him.

Stop talking nonsense boy, you're embarrassing yourself.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #1135: Aug 18, 2022 12:36:01 pm
      Wow you lot are really rude when someone has an opposing view. Is this an lfc forum of fsg forum?

Stench you know 😂😂

Liverpool is scouse.

Scousers take the piss.

Stop F***ing crying and chatting sh*te and we wouldn't take the piss!!

Not hard is it lad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #1136: Aug 18, 2022 02:16:35 pm
      We're now with the pack and further behind City. 

Maybe you should go support City then.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1137: Aug 18, 2022 05:32:10 pm
      Maybe you should go support City then.

Newdawn same old sh*te he will be outed soon
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1138: Aug 18, 2022 05:47:08 pm
      World class midfielders are in very short supply at present (compared with previous eras). We wouldn't buy the one that was world class, though, but one with potential to be so and I can only think of Bellingham in that regard.

For me it would have been nice however if we could have signed a CM who was a significant improvement on Ox and Keita even if not necessarily out of the very top bracket e.g. Tielemans or De Ketelaere, so we have the added depth and cover and still to be able to make our move in subsequent windows if a Bellingham became available and within reach. I think we have been a bit too loyal to the former two whose output hasn't been commensurate with their cost.

Bellingham is going to be in excess of £80 mil he is not the answer maybe in two years or three yes but now no. If we were going to spend an unlimited amount of Cash for a midfielder it would need to be of Stevie's calibre to make a difference to this team so good luck finding the next Stevie
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #1139: Aug 19, 2022 04:05:07 pm
      We were literally 2 goals away from the quadruple last season.

We sold Mané and paid 80m to replace him.

Stop talking nonsense boy, you're embarrassing yourself.

Diaz was mane's replacement. Pretty much got all our monet back when sadio left. He was brought in 6 months early due to other clubs making a move for him. He was always sadio's replacement.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #1140: Aug 19, 2022 09:20:15 pm
      Diaz was mane's replacement. Pretty much got all our monet back when sadio left. He was brought in 6 months early due to other clubs making a move for him. He was always sadio's replacement.

Then Nunez is Origi's replacement.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1141: Aug 20, 2022 01:20:24 pm
      Nunes now set for Wolves, around 35/40mill. A player we should’ve been all over

Impressive debut so far, unlucky not to have a couple of goals.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #1142: Aug 20, 2022 05:37:17 pm

When I'm on holiday I pay a lot more for food, drinks and so one because in that moment I prioritize me and my family having a great time over money.

The owners prioritise their wallet over us winning trophies. It's left to Jürgen to work his art. No manager in world football can work under this regime and win what Klopp has. We should have more League titles but we don't. We don't because there's always an excuse as to why we can't build on what we have.

Everyone has strengthened and got closer to us make no mistake about that. Fsg allowed that, no one else. Two games in and it's glaringly evident.

1. Barella
      2. Declan Rice
      3. Ruben Neves
      4. Casameiro
      5. Bellingham (hard)
      6. Brighton kid Ceceido?
      If I ignore the economical arguments you make which are pretty much the same old talk about the owners not putting money from their own pockets like oligarchs and petro-royalty (I guess the next step is to talk about net spend), I don't understand your list.

This whole midfield debate stems from the fact that some people think we have no creativity in midfield past Thiago, hence no depth in that department. Your list, which is basically as copy paste of the stuff we see on twitter, contains:

-One player who's club already made it clear he's not for sale this summer (Bellingham)

- Two guys who strictly play as CDMs (Rice and Casemiro)

- A guy who is a deep-lying playmaker and not immensely mobile or fast (Neves)

- A kid who's entire PL career is 6 months old and nobody ever watched him before he rejoined Brighton from the loan he was at Beerschot (that kid is supposed to come solve our problems in midfield, but suggesting that Elliott or Fabio could have something to offer is somehow an unacceptable pro-FSG point of view)

All that leaves us with one option out of 6 that actually makes sense in terms of the football itself, but that guy is arguably Inter's most prized possession which probably means he'll cost us around 100m or even more. Of course, if, hypothetically, we were to go for Barella and pay 90-100m for him then not make a move for Bellingham next summer (because we don't have unlimited money like oil-oligarchs owned clubs) it would still amount to the same bunch moaning all the same next summer because we don't have a sugar daddy ready to spend 100m to 190m every summer to assemble the galacticos.

You see, your list shows the problem with people who are always moaning about transfers and money. Its no the transfer talk that is problematic, but the underlying logic. When you read the names being thrown around and how fast they cling to any new rumour despite none of them having even known who was that player a day or two ago, let alone watched him enough to form an opinion, you understand that the logic is ''I want a shiny new toy just like the others'' rather than anything that makes actual sense. That's why people are so tired of having that talk. It never ends, there's always the next shiny new toy and never an ounce of logic whether its football or financial logic.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1143: Aug 20, 2022 06:48:38 pm

1. Barella
      2. Declan Rice
      3. Ruben Neves
      4. Casameiro
      5. Bellingham (hard)
      6. Brighton kid Ceceido?

Bellingham is the only player you listed I would be interested in tbh.

I like the look of Guimaraes at Newcastle, very classy midfielder has it all really.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1144: Aug 20, 2022 07:47:27 pm
      Jürgen is no mug he knows what he wants and needs and FSG do what they can to achieve this. Jürgen is not a man for buying fully developed players he like to add something to them. SO its a good fit for Jürgen and FSG I just cant see us splashing out on a kid who is yet to play 60 plus games a season.
      If Jürgen is unhappy with his squad we would know about it for sure.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1145: Aug 21, 2022 12:30:14 pm
      If I ignore the economical arguments you make which are pretty much the same old talk about the owners not putting money from their own pockets like oligarchs and petro-royalty (I guess the next step is to talk about net spend), I don't understand your list.

This whole midfield debate stems from the fact that some people think we have no creativity in midfield past Thiago, hence no depth in that department. Your list, which is basically as copy paste of the stuff we see on twitter, contains:

-One player who's club already made it clear he's not for sale this summer (Bellingham)

- Two guys who strictly play as CDMs (Rice and Casemiro)

- A guy who is a deep-lying playmaker and not immensely mobile or fast (Neves)

- A kid who's entire PL career is 6 months old and nobody ever watched him before he rejoined Brighton from the loan he was at Beerschot (that kid is supposed to come solve our problems in midfield, but suggesting that Elliott or Fabio could have something to offer is somehow an unacceptable pro-FSG point of view)

All that leaves us with one option out of 6 that actually makes sense in terms of the football itself, but that guy is arguably Inter's most prized possession which probably means he'll cost us around 100m or even more. Of course, if, hypothetically, we were to go for Barella and pay 90-100m for him then not make a move for Bellingham next summer (because we don't have unlimited money like oil-oligarchs owned clubs) it would still amount to the same bunch moaning all the same next summer because we don't have a sugar daddy ready to spend 100m to 190m every summer to assemble the galacticos.

You see, your list shows the problem with people who are always moaning about transfers and money. Its no the transfer talk that is problematic, but the underlying logic. When you read the names being thrown around and how fast they cling to any new rumour despite none of them having even known who was that player a day or two ago, let alone watched him enough to form an opinion, you understand that the logic is ''I want a shiny new toy just like the others'' rather than anything that makes actual sense. That's why people are so tired of having that talk. It never ends, there's always the next shiny new toy and never an ounce of logic whether its football or financial logic.

So apart from City and Newcastle who else in the League has oil rich owners that I don't know about?

Because I see all of them spending money and addressing their needs. What's the excuse for them doing it? Are they oil rich?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,792 posts | 3378 
      Reply #1146: Aug 21, 2022 12:50:30 pm
      So apart from City and Newcastle who else in the League has oil rich owners that I don't know about?

Because I see all of them spending money and addressing their needs. What's the excuse for them doing it? Are they oil rich?

Which clubs are you talking about ?

Spurs - adding onto the debt
      Arsenal - adding onto the debt
      Man Utd - adding onto the debt

🤷‍♂️
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1147: Aug 21, 2022 12:54:59 pm

Which clubs are you talking about ?

Spurs - adding onto the debt
      Arsenal - adding onto the debt
      Man Utd - adding onto the debt

🤷‍♂️

So we must stay debt free whilst falling behind?

What's the issue of having a bit of debt whilst staying in contention for the League?

Sounding like an accountant pal
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1148: Aug 21, 2022 01:45:47 pm
      So we must stay debt free whilst falling behind?

What's the issue of having a bit of debt whilst staying in contention for the League?

Sounding like an accountant pal

Falling behind how exactly? It's been 2 games on the back of a season where those teams finished 30+ points behind.

You're clearly a WUM if you're not bothered about debt being on the club because after H&G, you wouldn't suggest it otherwise.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1149: Aug 21, 2022 02:11:27 pm
      Falling behind how exactly? It's been 2 games on the back of a season where those teams finished 30+ points behind.

You're clearly a WUM if you're not bothered about debt being on the club because after H&G, you wouldn't suggest it otherwise.

We came second in the two major trophies.

Okay so we mustbe the only club to stay debt. Everyone else must be going in to liquidation then?

Quick Reply