Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310627 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1541: Sep 01, 2022 06:34:38 pm
      I’m not sure how a team that came so close to winning the quadruple last season has ended up in the position that the only midfielder we can sign is an out of favour, injury prone one on loan after there being such a big narrative over not having stop gap signings. It just seems so wrong…

Apparently  Luiz has turned us down which suggests another ? Either way it does seem odd how late when we have known for some while about the injuries apart from Henderson
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1542: Sep 01, 2022 08:14:05 pm
      I’m not sure how a team that came so close to winning the quadruple last season has ended up in the position that the only midfielder we can sign is an out of favour, injury prone one on loan after there being such a big narrative over not having stop gap signings. It just seems so wrong…

Excellent point. We should also care about optics, this kind of stuff damages the brand, especially if it doesnt work out. We should have had a midfielder lined up
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #1543: Sep 01, 2022 08:15:53 pm
      Apparently  Luiz has turned us down which suggests another ? Either way it does seem odd how late when we have known for some while about the injuries apart from Henderson

Luiz turned us down? Wtf.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1544: Sep 01, 2022 09:02:05 pm

We tried to sign Douglas Luiz and he turned us down? Where are you seeing this?

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1546: Sep 01, 2022 09:13:39 pm
      Nothing against him but not really arsed if this lad melo joins or not. We've had all Summer to improve the midfield and ship out the injury prone players ... yet here we are scraping the barrel 2 hours before the window shuts because all our injury prone midfielders are injured. Smacks of panic and desperation to me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1547: Sep 01, 2022 09:14:40 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1548: Sep 01, 2022 09:15:38 pm

That sort of stuff always makes me laugh 😂

Ha ha Twitter can be good entertainment
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1550: Sep 01, 2022 09:17:38 pm
      Nothing against him but not really arsed if this lad melo joins or not. We've had all Summer to improve the midfield and ship out the injury prone players ... yet here we are scraping the barrel 2 hours before the window shuts because all our injury prone midfielders are injured. Smacks of panic and desperation to me.

Smacks of not deviating from the main plan. Hendo's injury forced us to bring in a place holder, that's all.

It baffles me that with a track record of success as good as ours in the transfer market that idiots still find any reason to bash the team.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1552: Sep 01, 2022 09:20:28 pm
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1553: Sep 01, 2022 09:37:49 pm
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1554: Sep 01, 2022 10:29:55 pm
      So did we go for Melo when injury to Hendo or as Klopp said after a midfielder over the last week or so?  City have just got 16m for two players I have never even heard of . Guess that's it for this window a little underwhelming but when you see Forest sign 16 players like.on FIfa I guess it is what it is
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1555: Sep 01, 2022 10:37:46 pm
      So did we go for Melo when injury to Hendo or as Klopp said after a midfielder over the last week or so?  City have just got 16m for two players I have never even heard of . Guess that's it for this window a little underwhelming but when you see Forest sign 16 players like.on FIfa I guess it is what it is

Seems we went for Arthur when Hendo got injured
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1556: Sep 01, 2022 10:42:35 pm

Thought we needed another unless Hendo only a couple of games. Must have done our homework surely ? He must of been one of several options . There is an option to but just over 30m so I suppose up to him re performance and hopefully keeping fit
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1557: Sep 01, 2022 11:13:59 pm
      Can't believe we didn't sign Jean-Alain Boumsong
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1558: Sep 01, 2022 11:18:58 pm

I think it was confirmation of the need to sign a midfielder rather than being the cause of it.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1559: Sep 02, 2022 11:13:12 am
      Can't believe we didn't sign Jean-Alain Boumsong

a dodged bullet signing!!
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1560: Sep 02, 2022 11:46:47 am
      Smacks of not deviating from the main plan. Hendo's injury forced us to bring in a place holder, that's all.

It baffles me that with a track record of success as good as ours in the transfer market that idiots still find any reason to bash the team.

Stop being an idiot. We needed the midfield improving. That's obvious to see. We didn't do it. We relied on injury prone midfielders. And then when they all got injured we scrambled for a last minute 'place holder' to help us out.

That's how it is. If we'd done what we should have done our injured midfielders would be sitting on another clubs treatment table now and we'd have better players who can contribute on a regular basis. As it is this is what we've ended up with.

Good luck to melo ... hope he does well. It isn't his fault. The summer window was a missed opportunity ... not improving the midfield ... gambling once again on injury prone midfielders had been shown up to be the disaster it was always going to be.

Sorry for pointing that out. It you don't like it ... just scroll on. I'm entitled to my opinion. Obviously people like you are not clever enough to take someone's opinion on board and debate  and instead resort to insults.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1561: Sep 02, 2022 03:20:24 pm
      Stop being an idiot. We needed the midfield improving. That's obvious to see. We didn't do it. We relied on injury prone midfielders. And then when they all got injured we scrambled for a last minute 'place holder' to help us out.

That's how it is. If we'd done what we should have done our injured midfielders would be sitting on another clubs treatment table now and we'd have better players who can contribute on a regular basis. As it is this is what we've ended up with.

Good luck to melo ... hope he does well. It isn't his fault. The summer window was a missed opportunity ... not improving the midfield ... gambling once again on injury prone midfielders had been shown up to be the disaster it was always going to be.

Sorry for pointing that out. It you don't like it ... just scroll on. I'm entitled to my opinion. Obviously people like you are not clever enough to take someone's opinion on board and debate  and instead resort to insults.

If you don't like how the midfield issues have been addressed, maybe take it up with the folks that are in charge of transfers...I believe that's Julian Ward, Jürgen Klopp and Mike Gordon unless I'm mistaken.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1562: Sep 02, 2022 03:32:15 pm
      If you don't like how the midfield issues have been addressed, maybe take it up with the folks that are in charge of transfers...I believe that's Julian Ward, Jürgen Klopp and Mike Gordon unless I'm mistaken.

Your so off the mark here it’s embarrassing. There’s a clear midfield problem fans are quite rightly pointing them out. It’s pretty dam obviously whoever involved in the latest transfer it wasn’t there No1 target, maybe not even No 2 hence why it’s a loan deal.

Those involved in the 11th hour moment had very little to choose from. No one is at fault, maybe you want to blame Hendo for getting injured rather than having a pop at fans and something your clearly know fcuk all about.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1563: Sep 02, 2022 04:06:50 pm
      The summer window was a missed opportunity ... not improving the midfield ... gambling once again on injury prone midfielders had been shown up to be the disaster it was always going to be.

It's that simple.

A last minute loan signing, just feels a bit desperate.
      Make no mistake, REALLY hope this guy can make some impact.
      But is that the type of strengthening/planning we need to overcome Citeh?

People starting to blame Jürgen, which is a bit sad.  Needs more backing.

Quick Reply