Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310625 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1587: Sep 07, 2022 08:50:29 pm
      You wouldn’t be saying that if you had him.

No I'd be saying keep the defib on standby.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1588: Sep 07, 2022 09:32:29 pm
      No I'd be saying keep the defib on standby.

Fcuk me mate that’s a bit close to the core  :lmao:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1589: Sep 08, 2022 07:23:43 pm
      Fcuk me mate that’s a bit close to the core  :lmao:

It is but hopefully we’ll never see it !!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1590: Sep 09, 2022 05:03:43 pm
      he is probably the most tested player in the league in terms of his ticker.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1591: Sep 18, 2022 11:38:46 am
      I know I've said I would have happily seen us sign him. But at the same time, shame he didn't show a bit more loyalty to Brentford, they were pretty much the only team willing to take a chance on him to return to Premier League football, for him to then walk out on them 6 months later.

Don't think he walked out on them. He signed a 6 month deal. It expired and he left as a free agent. I guess Brentford could have signed him on an 18 month deal. He's a quality footballer ... no doubt about that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1592: Sep 26, 2022 09:17:56 am
      Another MF option is John Mcginn, What a player he is.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1593: Sep 26, 2022 10:02:59 am
      Another MF option is John Mcginn, What a player he is.

Good player but he's no different to Hendo IMO. Will chip in with the odd goal or assist here and there but he doesn't have that attacking threat we are craving for from the midfield. Most amount of goals he has gotten for Villa since their return to the Premier League is 3.
      Reliable for minutes though, very rarely injured.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1594: Sep 26, 2022 10:32:43 am
      Good player but he's no different to Hendo IMO. Will chip in with the odd goal or assist here and there but he doesn't have that attacking threat we are craving for from the midfield. Most amount of goals he has gotten for Villa since their return to the Premier League is 3.

Being like hendo aint a bad thing.

Plays different for Scotland, more of a free role. Makes us tick and scores goals.

Energy, tackling ball winning, keeping the ball, turning players with his big ass. l o l

I think he would be ever better in a team like Liverpool with better players around him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1595: Sep 26, 2022 12:58:47 pm
      Being like hendo aint a bad thing.

Plays different for Scotland, more of a free role. Makes us tick and scores goals.

Energy, tackling ball winning, keeping the ball, turning players with his big ass. l o l

I think he would be ever better in a team like Liverpool with better players around him.

Would thrive in our team. Really like him a lot. Again, I would LOVE to have Jude, but I'm not sure I'd see the juice being worth the squeeze. While you get an awesome player, he's probably the only player you get, and our MF needs a revamp, not just one guy. Guys like McGinnis, Coincedo, the kid from Leipzig, etc. are out there. Maybe that's the better route?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1596: Sep 26, 2022 01:17:14 pm

sorry, and yes hes always fit. Strong as fuk.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1597: Sep 26, 2022 01:17:54 pm
      Would thrive in our team. Really like him a lot. Again, I would LOVE to have Jude, but I'm not sure I'd see the juice being worth the squeeze. While you get an awesome player, he's probably the only player you get, and our MF needs a revamp, not just one guy. Guys like McGinnis, Coincedo, the kid from Leipzig, etc. are out there. Maybe that's the better route?

Agreed
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1598: Sep 27, 2022 06:43:41 pm
      Anybody here watches Ligue 1 games? If so I would be curious to hear your opinion about Lyon's Maxence Caqueret. I've watched a few OL games here and there and this kid has ''Klopp's midfielder'' written all over him. He's a relentless presser of the ball (its like watching a bee, he's everywhere you look), good tackler, defensively very aware of the space around him and when he gets the ball back he will carry it over short distances to get past the first line of pressure the opponent throws at him and dispatch accurate passes. The way he spins with the ball and dribbles to get out of tight places is very pleasing to watch (very press resistant). His passing is not Alonso-esque or Thiago-esque, but its progressive and of quality. From the little I've watched, I'd be surprised if Caqueret is not the closest you can get to Tchouameni in Ligue 1.
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #1599: Sep 28, 2022 03:50:19 pm
      Anybody here watches Ligue 1 games? If so I would be curious to hear your opinion about Lyon's Maxence Caqueret. I've watched a few OL games here and there and this kid has ''Klopp's midfielder'' written all over him. He's a relentless presser of the ball (its like watching a bee, he's everywhere you look), good tackler, defensively very aware of the space around him and when he gets the ball back he will carry it over short distances to get past the first line of pressure the opponent throws at him and dispatch accurate passes. The way he spins with the ball and dribbles to get out of tight places is very pleasing to watch (very press resistant). His passing is not Alonso-esque or Thiago-esque, but its progressive and of quality. From the little I've watched, I'd be surprised if Caqueret is not the closest you can get to Tchouameni in Ligue 1.

Brilliant shout this. Only 22 as well.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1600: Oct 02, 2022 09:51:38 pm
      we seem to be interested in young potential these days rather than experience. Of course Youth is cheaper .
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1601: Oct 03, 2022 10:13:03 am
      Tielemans mentioned again this morning in the good old gossip column. I'm not convinced by him to be honest. On the upside he is a free transfer and I think that's a market we will be looking at.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #1602: Oct 03, 2022 10:52:01 am
      Tielemans mentioned again this morning in the good old gossip column. I'm not convinced by him to be honest. On the upside he is a free transfer and I think that's a market we will be looking at.

Personally, I believe there is a great player in there, but we cannot ignore that he has been below par for the last 12 months.
      We'd probably have gone for him this summer if we were interested, though.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 365 
      Reply #1603: Oct 03, 2022 11:14:59 am

Christ
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1604: Oct 03, 2022 04:23:34 pm
      Think he's already signed up at City!!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #1605: Oct 03, 2022 06:09:30 pm
      Jude and neves for me but we not going to spend that sort of money
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #1606: Oct 03, 2022 06:32:40 pm
      Personally, I believe there is a great player in there, but we cannot ignore that he has been below par for the last 12 months.
      We'd probably have gone for him this summer if we were interested, though.

I think Teilimans appears disillusioned at Leicester, maybe annoyed that they didn't sell him a couple of seasons ago when he was 1 of the best midfielders in the league.
      Big question is, can he get the motivation back if he moves to Liverpool or another big team? Or will he continue at his current level, which is not good enough for us. Also, do we want a player that appears to have stopped working for Leicester?
      He's not very high on my list. Maybe as a squad player if Ox, Keita and Melo all leave. He could be decent a free transfer but I think he'll probably go somewhere that will pay more wages, Newcastle maybe?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1607: Oct 10, 2022 10:56:51 pm
      https://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/Article/3074
      there has been so much lauding of our transfer policy being the best but we have had some previous successes in the transfer market.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1608: Oct 11, 2022 03:43:33 am
      https://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/Article/3074
      there has been so much lauding of our transfer policy being the best but we have had some previous successes in the transfer market.
      I dont think the transfer policy as a whole is bad when it comes to how we select the players we want to get, but its clear we waited way too much to replace some players (Keita, Milner, and Ox all come to mind) and we have some depth issues in other areas like the RW as well as the RB areas. We also need more signings of the elk of Thiago one (experienced world class players) rather than always buying the guy on the verge of being world class.

The midfield problem is a double pronged one as far as I'm concerned. On the one hand we have put way to much faith in players that can't stay fit  and on the other we haven't brought anybody to mitigate the depth problems we have in that area. I consider myself guilty of those two mistakes because a week or so before the start of the season I was okay with our midfield, but once Keita and Thiago were out it all unraveled pretty quickly.

With that said, seeing how bad we are in all the areas of the pitch and particularly defensively, I can't say that 2 or even 3 midfielders being signed this past summer would see us somewhere else in the league table right now, but it would be one less problem to solve.

The truth is, yes, we have depth issues in some areas of the pitch but some of the chief problems cant be explained by looking at what we did or didn't do in the transfer market this off season. On paper we have one of the best CBs unit in the league (VVD, Matip, Konate, Gomez and Phillips) yet we can't keep a clean sheet if our lives depended on it. Our attackers are now asked to score a minimum of 3 goals for us to even have a chance to win a game. I mean we can stand here and talk all we want about Fabinho not covering as well as he used to and TAA making silly mistakes, but the fact is our CB pairing have looked like a pair of headless chicken in every game we played this season. Even the games we won you could sense there is a terrible defensive frailty (go back to the Rangers and Ajax games). I guess that like any problem there is no straight answer. We are probably looking at a mix of lack of recruitment in some areas, bad tactical modifications, key players in very bad form, and something to do with the morale of some of the players (VVD, Salah, and Fabinho all look like they don't even want to be on the pitch). 
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1609: Oct 11, 2022 04:11:39 pm
      And here we go once again, the whole Mbappe crap revived and no doubt we'll have a big outburst about us not signing him in a week or so despite the whole story making no sense at all.

Quick Reply