Trending Topics

Scouting talk

Read 344976 times
      KeepTheFaith and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1932: Jan 16, 2023 05:00:10 pm
      Klopp says it's not a problem we can fix by buying players, the problem is the players we don't have (injured). But if they are injured we don't have them so surely we need to replace them so that we don't tumble down the table? At this point, I'd be happy with some players that just show some drive, determination and fight and will run their balls off. I don't care if they come from the Championship or MLS for that matter. Just get some able bodied midfielders in.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1933: Jan 16, 2023 05:15:15 pm
      Klopp says it's not a problem we can fix by buying players, the problem is the players we don't have (injured). But if they are injured we don't have them so surely we need to replace them so that we don't tumble down the table? At this point, I'd be happy with some players that just show some drive, determination and fight and will run their balls off. I don't care if they come from the Championship or MLS for that matter. Just get some able bodied midfielders in.

I’d rather we didn’t just buy any able bodied player.
      Personally I think we should use Bajcetic more. Maybe even Morton. If our midfield can’t run anymore we should give more time to players who are fresh and hungry.

And I’d like to see TAA in the front three on the right and Ramsay as right back. Trent can cross and pass and run. He could be like a Gareth bale type player if we let him off the leash. Plus his defending is probably his weakest part of his game
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,475 posts | 823 
      Reply #1934: Jan 16, 2023 05:28:51 pm
      Personally I think we should use Bajcetic more. Maybe even Morton. If our midfield can’t run anymore we should give more time to players who are fresh and hungry.

And I’d like to see TAA in the front three on the right and Ramsay as right back. Trent can cross and pass and run. He could be like a Gareth bale type player if we let him off the leash. Plus his defending is probably his weakest part of his game
      I'd try TAA anywhere but right back...you never know what he's might be capable of.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #1935: Jan 16, 2023 08:46:32 pm

Yeah we need to try and make some changes, if only to get a sense of whether we can expect anything from the younger guys next season. Also changes to formation (I'd like to see us go 4-4-2 for a few games). This rinse and repeat thing every week has been going on too long. Thought the WC break might change it but it hasn't at all. I am pretty surprised Jürgen is still choosing the same players and formation.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1936: Jan 16, 2023 08:55:25 pm
      I'd try TAA anywhere but right back...you never know what he's might be capable of.
      Sorry to keep off topic here but I really think it’s getting harder to argue against this. Now though, it’s more a case of ‘could he be worse’ than ‘could he be better’.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,944 posts | 452 
      Reply #1937: Jan 17, 2023 08:45:41 am
      I think the club have to buy a right back who is ready for this level. The lad we brought cheap from the SPL with all the best will in the world isn't causing Trent a moments worry for his place in this side.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #1938: Jan 17, 2023 09:24:58 am
      Declan Rice looks like he’s going to sign with arsenal in the summer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1939: Jan 17, 2023 06:44:32 pm
      I think the club have to buy a right back who is ready for this level. The lad we brought cheap from the SPL with all the best will in the world isn't causing Trent a moments worry for his place in this side.

To be fair though, Klopp won't play players until he thinks they're ready for the first team. I reckon you'll see more of him next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1940: Jan 17, 2023 09:47:53 pm
      Ruben Neves what a pass master!
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 849 posts | 303 
      Reply #1941: Jan 17, 2023 10:11:58 pm

We've also got Milner and Gomez who can cover at RB, Fabinho can also play there if we have an injury crisis.

I understand your concerns  but when we are buying players in the next few years RB is a long way down the list of priorities.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #1942: Jan 18, 2023 05:42:26 am

This is why I fucks wit u, Aussie. Logged on to say the same thing. His long ball is money. He put on a clinic over the top tonight. Sign him up for me.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #1943: Jan 18, 2023 07:12:49 am

On the money with this. Didn’t realise Bajcetic was a made for DM, though he was just being shoehorned in for cover. Looked boss tonight. Much sterner tests to come but offered more tonight in the middle than the rest have since the season restart.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #1944: Jan 20, 2023 10:29:38 pm
      It’s funny, arsenal signing a player who would have at least added some competition to our team - we were not even mentioned.

We will have to wait until the summer and then try and sign the worlds best young midfield superstar from 6th-9th and no champions league

Just as we publish our best financial results ever and correct me if I am wrong we are not a small club?
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2023 10:36:04 pm by Tadders »
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #1945: Jan 24, 2023 09:27:50 am
      Jeez talk about tumbleweed in this thread....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1946: Jan 26, 2023 06:01:10 pm
      Keep seeing Mason Mount mentioned on Twitter.

More I think about him the more I see him as a great fit for Jürgen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1947: Jan 26, 2023 06:40:39 pm
      Keep seeing Mason Mount mentioned on Twitter.

More I think about him the more I see him as a great fit for Jürgen.

Really? Can't see us paying the premium for him tbf. Or Chelsea selling him to us for that matter.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1948: Jan 26, 2023 06:42:48 pm
      Really? Can't see us paying the premium for him tbf. Or Chelsea selling him to us for that matter.

Last year of his contract isn't he?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #1949: Jan 26, 2023 06:45:06 pm

Oh, didn't realize that. Well hell...sign him up then. ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #1950: Jan 26, 2023 06:56:58 pm

Yeah 18 months left
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #1951: Jan 26, 2023 07:20:27 pm

Would take him if we can get him then. Been impressed with the way he presses, would definitely improve as a player too under Klopp.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #1952: Jan 26, 2023 07:50:41 pm
      Would take him if we can get him then. Been impressed with the way he presses, would definitely improve as a player too under Klopp.

I think he is a decent player - and would add depth
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1953: Jan 27, 2023 11:50:48 am
      May as well talk about other teams transfer activity seeing as nothing is happening for us - SSN reporting Arsenal have made a £60m bid for Caicedo.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #1954: Jan 27, 2023 12:29:44 pm
      May as well talk about other teams transfer activity seeing as nothing is happening for us - SSN reporting Arsenal have made a £60m bid for Caicedo.

Can't say I'm surprised. He's a quality player. They're in a position of strength and they are going to build on that.

We've got Melo coming back in 2 weeks, Jones Ox keita etc so he'd struggle to get in our squad. We don't need him.

Quick Reply