Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Scouting talk

Read 320894 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #1978: Jan 29, 2023 01:27:21 pm
      I just googled it and the only report I could find quoted £35m.

For that sort of money we should walk away

Always find it interesting when people only want us to spend big money when it's a player they rate.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1979: Jan 29, 2023 02:21:39 pm
      Always find it interesting when people only want us to spend big money when it's a player they rate.

Well I wouldn’t want us to spend big on someone I thought was rubbish.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #1980: Jan 29, 2023 02:23:14 pm
      Well I wouldn’t want us to spend big on someone I thought was rubbish.

Spend spend spend but only on players I like then?

Doesn't work like that mate
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #1981: Jan 29, 2023 02:23:27 pm
      I just googled it and the only report I could find quoted £35m.

For that sort of money we should walk away

For that sort of money, i would stick another 15m to it and offer brighton 50m and throw in the ox as well
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #1982: Jan 29, 2023 02:25:19 pm
      For caicedo of course
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1983: Jan 29, 2023 04:04:18 pm
      Klopp just emphatically said nothing else happens this window..... F**k off
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1081 
      Reply #1984: Jan 29, 2023 04:09:04 pm
      Klopp just emphatically said nothing else happens this window..... F**k off

I'm outta here. I'm frustrated and wound up to f*ck.

Yeah let's just plod on and pretend we're in for Bellingham ... cloud f*cking cuckoo land. Bellingham would have to be dragged here kicking and screaming ....

2 f*cking transfer windows ... we need midfielders ... instead we stupidly sell our best player ... and don't fix the midfield ... just buy more forwards.

Put as many go faster stickers on your car as you want ... if the engine is f*cked what's the point.

I need to go and chill.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1985: Jan 29, 2023 04:33:06 pm
      We need to be after Brightons scouting department, not Bellingham  :lmao:
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #1986: Jan 29, 2023 04:35:20 pm
      I'm outta here. I'm frustrated and wound up to f*ck.

Yeah let's just plod on and pretend we're in for Bellingham ... cloud f*cking cuckoo land. Bellingham would have to be dragged here kicking and screaming ....

2 f*cking transfer windows ... we need midfielders ... instead we stupidly sell our best player ... and don't fix the midfield ... just buy more forwards.

Put as many go faster stickers on your car as you want ... if the engine is f*cked what's the point.

I need to go and chill.

Don’t blame ya mate.
      There’s always the end of the transfer window and they could surprise us with some midfield reinforcements because all of us can see that’s what is needed now instead of waiting for the summer, Fsg need to dig deep instead of relying on an 18 year spanish kid to try and put a sticking problem of a massive wound
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #1987: Jan 29, 2023 06:55:07 pm
      Sadly, the likes of Sander Berge, who could do a Thiago-esque job for us passing-wise, but not ball-winning-wise (mind you, he wouldn't give it away for fun like T did today!) would cost silly money because every club knows we need midfielders (except ours, apparently) and that we're getting desperate.
      Championship clubs shouldn't command 35 million for a player, regardless of who they're selling to, in my opinion.  No, I'd actually be looking around the championship (we need home-grown players after all) as much as abroad, but we need players who can grow quickly into our way of playing. 
      Either we keep TAA and AR as attacking full backs but have midfielders who can cover them like Gini and Hendo used to, or we change the way we play.
      Midfield -
      Requirement number 1 - can keep the ball in tight spaces and take up the right defensive and offensive positions instinctively.
      Requirement number 2 - quick off the mark to beat the press and make runs to support the wider forwards. 
      Anyone spring to mind? I'm struggling, apart from the obvious ones we've been linked with.

I actually think Hendo is still that player. He just can't see a full game through any more.  When he came on today we had support for TAA and Mo and a shape that looked right on our RM position.  I'd still be starting him.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,190 posts | 1205 
      Reply #1988: Jan 29, 2023 07:10:13 pm
      Seeing as we have a tonne of yanks on this forum (even those who at first blush you think aren't yanks end up being so), I thought a few might have made comment on Weston McKennie, apparently on his way to Leeds. Maybe our loan/option to buy shot was used up when we signed Arthur. Anything we do now will inevitably have an air of desperation about it.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #1989: Jan 29, 2023 08:27:47 pm
      Seeing as we have a tonne of yanks on this forum (even those who at first blush you think aren't yanks end up being so), I thought a few might have made comment on Weston McKennie, apparently on his way to Leeds. Maybe our loan/option to buy shot was used up when we signed Arthur. Anything we do now will inevitably have an air of desperation about it.
      Okay player whose talent far our weighs his progression in the field. Much like Pulisic. Pass.

Yank talking (well usa)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,479 posts | 231 
      Reply #1990: Jan 29, 2023 08:43:07 pm
      So Chelsea are back in for Fernández.

Hey FSG, willing to match them seeing he would instantly become our best midfielder and a much needed improvement?

I hear crickets...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #1991: Jan 30, 2023 07:24:00 am
      Arsenal bidding again for Caicedo at 70m, rumours that Chelsea will go for Enzo even if they have to pay 120m.

All a bit depressing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,669 posts | 6684 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1992: Jan 30, 2023 08:48:02 am
      Arsenal bidding again for Caicedo at 70m, rumours that Chelsea will go for Enzo even if they have to pay 120m.

All a bit depressing.

Meanwile, we are probably giving the Tea Lady a pay rise, fully deserved, of course!
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1081 
      Reply #1993: Jan 30, 2023 09:11:25 am

All a bit depressing.

Arsenal are trying to improve a midfield that already is excellent. They are strengthening from a position of strength and unfortunately that's something we just neglected.

Canceido is excellent. He'd walk in our team. But we haven't got a midfield problem have we. Jürgen has said we carry on as we are ... so there we go.

We've made glaring mistakes ... for a long time now. It's just depressing. Arsenal, United and Newcastle ... 3 teams nowhere near us at one time are now on another planet to us and left us behind. We allowed that to happen. The shambles of last summer has set us back along way. Years.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #1994: Jan 30, 2023 11:32:49 am
      Meanwile, we are probably giving the Tea Lady a pay rise, fully deserved, of course!

Can she cover in midfield?
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 825 posts | 295 
      Reply #1995: Jan 30, 2023 12:07:27 pm

Only if you are Pep Guardiola.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #1996: Jan 30, 2023 11:41:07 pm

I don’t understand your point?
      Are you suggesting I think we should spend big on players I don’t rate?

Now I know Klopp doesn’t base his transfer targets on my preference but as an opinion I don’t see why I would be happy spending big on dross?

Berge from sheff utd for £35m is £35m too much in my opinion.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,256 posts | 233 
      Reply #1997: Jan 31, 2023 08:41:02 am
      Every club is strengthening, but we are happy with our squad, cause no money is available. #FSG OUT!
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1081 
      Reply #1998: Jan 31, 2023 09:14:42 am
      Every club is strengthening, but we are happy with our squad, cause no money is available. #FSG OUT!

Every club is strengthening (correct) , but we are happy with our squad (wrong) , cause no money is available (correct) . #FSG OUT! I prefer 'Parasites Out'

rossyred

• 9,225 posts | 1650 
      Reply #1999: Jan 31, 2023 10:54:40 am
      Just flicked onto twitter and saw headline "Liverpool close to signing" and then found it was linked to the ladies team  :lmao:
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,394 posts | 1447 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #2000: Jan 31, 2023 11:11:58 am
      Gonna be a depressing day today.

Quick Reply