Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310362 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2139: Feb 02, 2023 09:40:19 pm
      I said, “give him a look”. That doesn’t mean just go sign him. It means do some analysis and see if he could help us out in any way because obviously our other panic buy isn’t really helping us. Maybe you should not stick your nose into a conversation that wasn’t involving you as I was replying to another poster.For some reason you have this narcissistic view that everyone on this forum needs to know what your opinion is and then you get all bitchy when you’re told to f**k off.

Interesting view when on another thread you started crying about needing a degree in finances when I was responding to another poster about finances 🤔

What are weird person you are

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2140: Feb 03, 2023 12:14:16 am

Interesting view when on another thread you started crying about needing a degree in finances when I was responding to another poster about finances 🤔

What are weird person you are

Did I quote you? No I didn’t. I was making a general comment. Weird that you would assume I was referring to you. Narcissist much? Maybe you need to take a break buddy, the entire forum doesn’t revolve around you and your “opinions”.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2141: Feb 03, 2023 01:34:07 am
      Are you really so naĂŻve that you actually think that had we gotten Touchameni or whatever other midfielder none of this disastrous season would have happened?

So a midfielder (or 2) would have prevented Bobby, Diaz and Jota from getting hurt. Would have made Salah score more than 7 goals and prevented Trent from forgetting how to defend. Or Van Dijk from getting hurt and other times looking lost at CB after basically being the best CB walking this earth for a while. Heck, even Alisson was confusing Wolves players for our defenders during a Cup game earlier.

If we got Tchouameni I'd wager we wouldn't be quite as low in the table as we are mate.

Of course it wouldn't he covered for the other issues we see this season, injuries, weird tactics and line ups, loss of form, players on the wane but definitely would have made a huge impact on our season
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2142: Feb 03, 2023 02:10:03 am
      If we got Tchouameni I'd wager we wouldn't be quite as low in the table as we are mate.

Of course it wouldn't he covered for the other issues we see this season, injuries, weird tactics and line ups, loss of form, players on the wane but definitely would have made a huge impact on our season

Agreed, and he would have been a positive add to the team, though he’s probably not a good example since he actually turned us down.

It is a fallacy to believe that we'd be contending on all fronts the way we were this time last season if we had just brought in a Plan B midfielder. Our issues have been everywhere, which includes JĂźrgen's tactics, and this season has been a perfect storm with everything going wrong, so unless that midfielder had brought magic pixie dust with him, we still would be struggling. Better, but struggling compared to our standards the past few seasons.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2023 03:24:51 am by CT_LFC »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2143: Feb 03, 2023 02:10:34 am

We didn't get him though. So where was the plan B? Arthur on deadline day? Doubt it and doubt we were ever really balls deep in for the lad you're on about who I can't be arsed trying to spell the name of while pissed 😃
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2144: Feb 03, 2023 02:17:44 pm
      Agreed, and he would have been a positive add to the team, though he’s probably not a good example since he actually turned us down.

It is a fallacy to believe that we'd be contending on all fronts the way we were this time last season if we had just brought in a Plan B midfielder. Our issues have been everywhere, which includes JĂźrgen's tactics, and this season has been a perfect storm with everything going wrong, so unless that midfielder had brought magic pixie dust with him, we still would be struggling. Better, but struggling compared to our standards the past few seasons.

It can't be a fallacy to believe something. That's not how fallacies work.

And stop saying that bringing in one player couldn't have massively changed things. You have no way to know if that's true. The Butterfly Effect....look it up.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2145: Feb 03, 2023 02:58:19 pm
      It can't be a fallacy to believe something. That's not how fallacies work.

And stop saying that bringing in one player couldn't have massively changed things. You have no way to know if that's true. The Butterfly Effect....look it up.

Interesting how you're not saying this same thing to those who keep going back to not getting a midfielder as being the reason we are where we are today. They have no way of knowing either, right?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2146: Feb 03, 2023 03:19:07 pm
      Interesting how you're not saying this same thing to those who keep going back to not getting a midfielder as being the reason we are where we are today. They have no way of knowing either, right?

No they don't. But for them to postulate that doing something differently than we did could have caused a dramatic shift in our fortunes is perfectly valid and a reasonable topic of debate. I'm not sure why you get to tell them it wouldn't have mattered but they aren't allowed to suppose that it would have mattered. Do you have a crystal ball? the keys to the 4th dimension?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2147: Feb 03, 2023 04:35:45 pm
      Different strokes. Beggars can’t be choosers.

As proven by Everton inquiring about him and Dyche having second thoughts.

Probably why we aren't arsed.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2148: Feb 03, 2023 09:19:20 pm
      First time really seeing Paulinha in action and he looks a heck of a player
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2149: Feb 03, 2023 10:05:30 pm
      First time really seeing Paulinha in action and he looks a heck of a player

He looks top quality all season. It bugs me to see all these teams around us sign quality midfielders we will end up paying a fortune to get. Paulinha, Guimeraes, Caicedo, Fernandes, these are the level of midfield players we should have signed in the Summer.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1191 
      Reply #2150: Feb 03, 2023 10:24:42 pm
      He looks top quality all season. It bugs me to see all these teams around us sign quality midfielders we will end up paying a fortune to get. Paulinha, Guimeraes, Caicedo, Fernandes, these are the level of midfield players we should have signed in the Summer.

Yup, some good players in there who at the time would have been good 'moneyball' signings but went under our radar. You can't get it right all of the time though and we've had an extraordinary success rate under Klopp with very few bad signings.

One thing I would say is we don't seem to have a good tap on the South American market i.e. players who are still playing in SA and yet to break out. Lucas I would think is the last first team regular of any repute we did well with.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2151: Feb 03, 2023 11:23:30 pm
      Yup, some good players in there who at the time would have been good 'moneyball' signings but went under our radar. You can't get it right all of the time though and we've had an extraordinary success rate under Klopp with very few bad signings.

One thing I would say is we don't seem to have a good tap on the South American market i.e. players who are still playing in SA and yet to break out. Lucas I would think is the last first team regular of any repute we did well with.

Hardly surprising when you read about what’s going on in the back room, there is no chance of any such findings until we get a new DOF installed.

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #2152: Feb 04, 2023 05:42:17 pm
      And people here crying that neves is too slow Fvk me
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2153: Feb 05, 2023 05:25:32 am
      And people here crying that neves is too slow Fvk me

They can cry and you can gloat.

Either way a transfer was never happening!!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2154: Feb 06, 2023 06:44:43 pm
      They can cry and you can gloat.

Either way a transfer was never happening!!
      Neves is sound. You get a lot of Thiagos qualities with out the down sides. Wouldn't be bad in the 6. Great ball over the top for Nunez and Diaz to run on to
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2155: Feb 06, 2023 07:16:11 pm
      Neves is sound. You get a lot of Thiagos qualities with out the down sides. Wouldn't be bad in the 6. Great ball over the top for Nunez and Diaz to run on to

I don’t think I have seen him too much or concentrated on him but he was all over Thiago at the weekend

I know Thiago is a great player but right now I think we need more graft in there
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2156: Feb 06, 2023 07:46:04 pm

Neves is a good player, thing he lacks is consistency and that’s probably why he is unlikely to ever get a move to a big club.

He can be looking top class for 3 games but then the next 3 he will be completely anonymous.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2157: Feb 06, 2023 08:23:46 pm
      Neves is a good player, thing he lacks is consistency and that’s probably why he is unlikely to ever get a move to a big club.

He can be looking top class for 3 games but then the next 3 he will be completely anonymous.
      Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe it's lack of talent around him, rather than it being on him? I just see him being hard working and oozing class with his passes. Tbf, I don't watch every game and don't doubt you telling
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2158: Feb 07, 2023 12:59:58 pm

I like Neves too, reality is we can list all the midfield players we like, we just weren't buying one in January.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2159: Feb 07, 2023 03:03:39 pm
      I like Neves too, reality is we can list all the midfield players we like, we just weren't buying one in January.
      I agree. But I'm over it.  Now I'm building a mf for the summer. So far I got Bellinham, Mount, and Neves. Also gonna steal Bernardo Silva from City once the hammer is dropped  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2160: Feb 07, 2023 06:45:24 pm
      I agree. But I'm over it.  Now I'm building a mf for the summer. So far I got Bellinham, Mount, and Neves. Also gonna steal Bernardo Silva from City once the hammer is dropped  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Pass on Silva, he would never fit with our club. 
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2161: Feb 07, 2023 07:21:40 pm
      Pass on Silva, he would never fit with our club.
      I dunno, man.  He did anything you ask him on the pitch. Awesome Awesome player

Quick Reply