Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310640 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2668: May 25, 2023 03:21:02 pm
      I think we will get MacAllister from that list but not sure about the others

Will be that amount of players and roughly the right level of spend

So a freebie for midfield  -

A young CM

And a left sided CB
      None of the midfielders who are going to be free this summer are worth the look. The two or three names that would've been worth a look (Laimer for example) all have moves already lined up and sort of didn't fit the bill that much to start with either. Laimer's list of injuries is almost as long as Keita's. Kante would've been worth the look, but he also became very injury prone and will be staying at Chelsea, etc.  Rabiot is pretty much the opposite of what we look for in a player outside the pitch. Always seems to be a story about him and his mom agent.

Considering we need two midfielders who can come into the team and help on day-1 of next season and that MacAllister is reportedly the first of those two, the other will have to be bought. If we secure those two midfielders then I think a younger CM à la Gravenberch (even tho I have a hard time believing we're in for him) is a good shout.

Edit: I also think that MacAllister is being brought in as a hybrid between CM and direct competition for Fabinho at CDM. Watching him in the past few weeks + looking at his stats for older games, he started more than half of his PL games as a DM. Of course its as a double pivot alongside Caicedo, but I think the shape of our midfield also changes when we are in possession. Anyway, all of this to say that I think that the other midfielder will have a profile that is a bit more focused on the attacking part of the game, hence why we were looking at Mount.
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2023 03:31:32 pm by PolarBearRed »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2669: May 25, 2023 04:55:22 pm
      If we are getting a freebie midfielder. I'd rather blow it all on Jude then rather then give Brighton 70 million. We were briefed that the reason we pulled out of Bellingham is because we needed multiple midfielders, if we sign  Mac Allister and another freebie midfielder it's going to be another season where we are competing for a top 4 spot.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2670: May 25, 2023 06:03:51 pm
      This chat can be brutal. Some of yall make me want to hide under a rock until the start of next season.

Yall act like we've been sh*t for years and we don't have Jürgen.

There's a lot to be positive about. We will close the gap this summer
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #2671: May 25, 2023 07:53:24 pm
      excellent news. sh*te attracts more sh*te.  :lmao: :lmao:

Agree,
      « Last Edit: May 25, 2023 08:25:33 pm by Cad1875 »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2672: May 25, 2023 08:02:41 pm
      This chat can be brutal. Some of yall make me want to hide under a rock until the start of next season.

Yall act like we've been sh*t for years and we don't have Jürgen.

There's a lot to be positive about. We will close the gap this summer

Those fans generally either change sides like the weather or crawl under their rock until things go south then they crawl back out and become regulars.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2673: May 25, 2023 08:19:10 pm
      If we are getting a freebie midfielder. I'd rather blow it all on Jude then rather then give Brighton 70 million. We were briefed that the reason we pulled out of Bellingham is because we needed multiple midfielders, if we sign  Mac Allister and another freebie midfielder it's going to be another season where we are competing for a top 4 spot.

This season hasn’t even finished , the window isn’t even open and you are already writing off next season 🤦‍♂️
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #2674: May 25, 2023 08:39:58 pm
      I think Mac Allister is an excellent player, like the sound of Timber too especially as Virg is recommending and he's flexible can play right back.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2675: May 25, 2023 09:30:51 pm
      Callagher is absolutely sh*te.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2676: May 25, 2023 09:40:06 pm

Is there any footballers you do actually like?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2677: May 25, 2023 10:42:01 pm
      Wrong. Just needs to be in the right system and surrounded by the right players. There's a real player there. Klopp could get it out him too. Two years ago he oozed class with Palace and looked a good fit here. Just needs a change of scenery
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2678: May 25, 2023 11:11:41 pm
      Milner is better than Callagher. Have some standards ffs. I'd rather use our youngsters over signing someone who's not better than we already have.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2679: May 25, 2023 11:13:25 pm
      Is there any footballers you do actually like?

Yes Jude Bellingham who we should do everything to sign him. I'd rather have Bellingham over bunch of okay players.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2680: May 26, 2023 06:12:47 am
      Yes Jude Bellingham who we should do everything to sign him. I'd rather have Bellingham over bunch of okay players.
      That ship has sailed so I think it would be healthier if we just move on and discuss other players. He's going to Madrid, the whole saga was pretty bad for us fans. With that said, there's no point in continuously banging that drum, we're not going for him.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2681: May 26, 2023 07:26:48 am
      That ship has sailed so I think it would be healthier if we just move on and discuss other players. He's going to Madrid, the whole saga was pretty bad for us fans. With that said, there's no point in continuously banging that drum, we're not going for him.

Real Madrid are signing hin for 100 million euros. He must've rejected us because if he ends up there for £87 million then questions need to be asked.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts | 273 
      Reply #2682: May 26, 2023 07:51:38 am
      Who are people hoping to see signed?

If the expectation is 4 - 5 incomings, for example:

Mac Allister, Rabiot, Szoboszlai, Timber or Colwill.

Spend: 150 Million.

I'd be happy with 3 players. Looks like we are getting McAllister, don't have any strong opinions on him, not watched him enough. I'd like a more defensive midfielder as well, I like Rice a lot but don't think we will get him.
      A new CB as well.

I don't think we need a massive rebuild, especially as we are in Europa league next season. A few changes in the young players or squad players might also happen. I'd be ok if Tsimikas, Kelleher, Phillips or others wanted to leave to get more 1st team games. They'd obviously need to be replaced in the squad but Jürgen might want to promote a few young players.

I don't think we need to panic and throw away crazy amounts of cash, we will need to continue the transition next summer with Thiago, Hendo, Mo and Virgil getting older.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2683: May 26, 2023 08:04:15 am
      Real Madrid are signing hin for 100 million euros. He must've rejected us because if he ends up there for £87 million then questions need to be asked.

If Bellingham signs for Madrid then it’s time to move on , who exactly are you going to ask questions about , it doesn’t matter , he went to someone else - it happens.

Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2684: May 26, 2023 08:38:03 am
      If Bellingham signs for Madrid then it’s time to move on , who exactly are you going to ask questions about , it doesn’t matter , he went to someone else - it happens.

We are playing in the Europa league and our best player posted a long post how he was devasted for not playing in the CL. Questions need to be asked about why alternatives were not signed last season ? We always knew he was going to be expensive.

This season has been an utter failure and need a complete review to make sure this sh*t never happens again.

- 0 trophies

- No Bellingham

- No Top 4

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2685: May 26, 2023 09:13:58 am
      We are playing in the Europa league and our best player posted a long post how he was devasted for not playing in the CL. Questions need to be asked about why alternatives were not signed last season ? We always knew he was going to be expensive.

This season has been an utter failure and need a complete review to make sure this sh*t never happens again.

- 0 trophies

- No Bellingham

- No Top 4

How did you survive those years when we really did struggle

And who are you going to ask questions to ? What is exactly the point ?

We move on now and look to next season

Bellingham is not the only player in the world
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2686: May 26, 2023 09:24:09 am
      Who are people hoping to see signed?

If the expectation is 4 - 5 incomings, for example:

Mac Allister, Rabiot, Szoboszlai, Timber or Colwill.

Spend: 150 Million.

Mac Allister and Rice would be the ideal midfield duo for me now Bellingham is off the table. I'd be happy to sacrifice a third midfield addition for those two although Rice will likely be too expensive for us.

Like the idea of Timber as he can cover RB/CB which could be useful if Trent keeps playing this role but I wonder if his height goes against him?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #2687: May 26, 2023 09:56:02 am
      I'd be happy with 3 players. Looks like we are getting McAllister, don't have any strong opinions on him, not watched him enough. I'd like a more defensive midfielder as well, I like Rice a lot but don't think we will get him.
      A new CB as well.

I don't think we need a massive rebuild, especially as we are in Europa league next season. A few changes in the young players or squad players might also happen. I'd be ok if Tsimikas, Kelleher, Phillips or others wanted to leave to get more 1st team games. They'd obviously need to be replaced in the squad but Jürgen might want to promote a few young players.

I don't think we need to panic and throw away crazy amounts of cash, we will need to continue the transition next summer with Thiago, Hendo, Mo and Virgil getting older.

Good point re Europa League. Now allows us to give more opportunity to give minutes to youngsters.
      With Klopp talking about the possibility of Carvalho going on loan I'd sooner see him get Europa or Cup time at the club than go on loan.

Mac Allister and Rice would be the ideal midfield duo for me now Bellingham is off the table. I'd be happy to sacrifice a third midfield addition for those two although Rice will likely be too expensive for us.

Like the idea of Timber as he can cover RB/CB which could be useful if Trent keeps playing this role but I wonder if his height goes against him?

Mac Allister and another quality CM along with someone like Timber and anything else would just be small squad adjustments depending on who wants to leave for game time.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2688: May 26, 2023 10:12:16 am
      Bajectic having the impact he had and Fabinho returning to form along with Jones coming into it plus TAA and the change in tactics I reckon it will be just two mids coming in now to replace Naby and Ox

That would give us

Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Elliot
      Bajectic
      New CM
      New CM

That should be enough for the coming season and then look to replace Henderson and Thiago the season after
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,557 posts | 135 
      Reply #2689: May 26, 2023 10:18:12 am
      @MaddockMirror
      Klopp admits there could be a delay for new signings, but said it's no problem.

"The better the player you want, the lesser the desire of the club to let him go, so we are prepared for it,- if we have to wait 6-7 weeks (for a signing) it is not a game changer".

It's going to be a long summer is it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2690: May 26, 2023 10:19:34 am
      @MaddockMirror
      Klopp admits there could be a delay for new signings, but said it's no problem.

"The better the player you want, the lesser the desire of the club to let him go, so we are prepared for it,- if we have to wait 6-7 weeks (for a signing) it is not a game changer".

It's going to be a long summer is it.

It certainly will be if you are going to react to every tweet and throw your toys out anytime a player is linked then doesn’t arrive

Quick Reply