Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Scouting talk

Read 310680 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2714: May 26, 2023 12:50:22 pm
      When we were run like a slick machine with Edwards at the helm, signings would have all but been done bar the signatures by now.

Just a sign off the malaise running through the club with owners who wanted out but couldn’t get the asking price.

Well apart from the illegal approach to VVD

Also a number of early bids rejected by Roma for Mo

Same with Mane

Gini took two months to sign

The two recent quickest signings sorted where Diaz and Gakpo - both done by Ward 🤔
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2716: May 26, 2023 01:02:22 pm

Where’s the proof?

You think a back scan will show up anything 🤣

FYI stress can tighten up muscles and back is full of muscles - so you have shown he was maybe telling the truth….🤭

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2717: May 26, 2023 01:07:48 pm
      Where’s the proof?

You think a back scan will show up anything 🤣

FYI stress can tighten up muscles and back is full of muscles - so you have shown he was maybe telling the truth….🤭

So the back injury miraculously healed to play for Brazil 🤔

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1120718/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-fans-Barcelona-Champions-League/amp

“But reports later emerged that the back injury that kept him out for the opening weeks was actually fake.

The Independent said that scans revealed Coutinho had no genuine fitness problem despite complaints of back pain and that Liverpool made a decision to pretend the injury was real to lessen the disruption of the midfielder’s desire to leave.”
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2718: May 26, 2023 01:14:08 pm
      So the back injury miraculously healed to play for Brazil 🤔

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1120718/Philippe-Coutinho-Liverpool-fans-Barcelona-Champions-League/amp

“But reports later emerged that the back injury that kept him out for the opening weeks was actually fake.

The Independent said that scans revealed Coutinho had no genuine fitness problem despite complaints of back pain and that Liverpool made a decision to pretend the injury was real to lessen the disruption of the midfielder’s desire to leave.”

If he was stressed at being at LFC then yes that tension could have bought on back pain.

When I have had tight hamstrings they have caused back pain!

Stop making a dick of yourself as usual you clearly know nothing about anatomy and physiology.

Sticking up snippets from the Daily Express, claiming “reports suggest” - Express have no journalists close to the club!

So you still can’t definitively proof that he didn’t have back pain!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2719: May 26, 2023 01:15:17 pm
      If he was stressed at being at LFC then yes that tension could have bought on back pain.

When I have had tight hamstrings they have caused back pain!

Stop making a dick of yourself as usual you clearly know nothing about anatomy and physiology.

Sticking up snippets from the Daily Express, claiming “reports suggest” - Express have no journalists close to the club!

So you still can’t definitively proof that he didn’t have back pain!

😂😂

If you say so - if you want to be the only person who thinks that he wasn’t faking then carry on
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2720: May 26, 2023 01:23:54 pm
      😂😂

If you say so - if you want to be the only person who thinks that he wasn’t faking then carry on

He may have been but you claimed he definitely was so I asked you to proof it so rather than admitting in this instance there is no way of disproving it you go on a long winded data trawl with bullshit quotes 😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2721: May 26, 2023 01:26:56 pm
      He may have been but you claimed he definitely was so I asked you to proof it so rather than admitting in this instance there is no way of disproving it you go on a long winded data trawl with bullshit quotes 😂

😂😂 if you say so , the reports are there , if you don’t want to read them to try and score points crack on

Guess it’s the same as you claiming that everything was smooth sailing under Edwards when a number of transfers didn’t 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2722: May 26, 2023 01:42:32 pm
      😂😂 if you say so , the reports are there , if you don’t want to read them to try and score points crack on

Guess it’s the same as you claiming that everything was smooth sailing under Edwards when a number of transfers didn’t 😂

It's funny how when other people post "reports" you dismiss them and cry about how they are "throwing their toys out" but you can use whatever source you want to speculate more than anyone else.

You are a joke poster pal. Posts full of logical fallacies and personal attacks left and right when people don't follow your line of thinking. Maybe show some grace for other people's opinions and stop dismissing them right away because you think they are hurling insults towards your precious owners.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2723: May 26, 2023 01:45:24 pm
      Klopp: the better the player the less desire for the team to let him go

LFC Reds: Klopp needs to raise funds, dur

Sound logic

It is going to be a long summer with the muppet show in full force

And just like that, another thread derailed.

Wonder if anyone with authority will come in and tell people to stay on topic as this is the scouting thread.

Nah.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2724: May 26, 2023 01:45:52 pm

You got me on the last one, it’s much better now without Edwards 😂😂😂

Pure comedy from this guy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2725: May 26, 2023 01:46:31 pm
      It's funny how when other people post "reports" you dismiss them and cry about how they are "throwing their toys out" but you can use whatever source you want to speculate more than anyone else.

You are a joke poster pal. Posts full of logical fallacies and personal attacks left and right when people don't follow your line of thinking. Maybe show some grace for other people's opinions and stop dismissing them right away because you think they are hurling insults towards your precious owners.
      Oh hello - you again

Insults ? Personal attacks ?

Lack of mirrors in your house then as that appears to be all you are doing at the moment

And yes people throwing their toys about because of transfers is pathetic- and I’ll stick by that.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2726: May 26, 2023 01:47:51 pm
      You got me on the last one, it’s much better now without Edwards 😂😂😂

Pure comedy from this guy.

Do you remember the initial approach to VVD 🤔

So what’s the issue right now with Ward ? Which transfer has caused issues then ?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2727: May 26, 2023 01:55:59 pm

Sound logic

Wonder if anyone with authority will come in and tell people to stay on topic as this is the scouting thread.

Nah.

It’s part and parcel of the modern phenomenon of the transfer windows

Before players just arrived , we supported them and then we moved on

Now it appears some take more interest transfers and gossip and rumours and reacting to everything - it’s seems to be the main domain of the modern social media fan

Will always take everything with a pinch of salt until a player signs on the dotted line - then he gets the support. If a player goes elsewhere then he is irrelevant - the window isn’t even open and there are already people overreacting

It’s an awful time and the sooner it closes and then we can get on with the stuff that matters
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2728: May 26, 2023 02:08:16 pm
      https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/1662076863668158467?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Will be interesting to see what he is like this weekend

Seen his name banded around and certainly would appear to be a Klopp type player

Maybe it’s someone like him or Gravenburch
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2729: May 26, 2023 02:09:19 pm

Sound logic

Nah.

Partakes in derailing the thread, then calls out people derailing the thread. You can't make this up. :D

To the topic of this thread, I can see why people would be concerned when every journalist that reports on this team was talking about how we were going to have a big summer, and we were going to wrap up our business quickly. Now the focus seems to have shifted to it's going to take awhile and we should be patient, yada, yada, yada.

I mean we have no choice to be patient because none of us are making transfer decisions, but it just seems odd that Klopp has to come out and make a statement about it. Typically he's always just left the transfer speculation to the bed wetters and we find out who we are buying the day we buy them.

One reason I'm not so sure about this Mac Allister speculation. Goes against how most of our recent transfers have gone. If we get him fine, if we don't, I'm not going to be too torn up about it. The one I am torn up about is Bellingham. I think we are missing a major trick not doing whatever it takes to bring him to the club this summer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2730: May 26, 2023 02:10:20 pm
      https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/1662076863668158467?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Will be interesting to see what he is like this weekend

Seen his name banded around and certainly would appear to be a Klopp type player

Maybe it’s someone like him or Gravenburch

I believe he's an Ugarte alternative. Although from what I understand the price tag on this lad is around 40m or so which is quite steep for someone with very little to show for it at this point.

Also if you read the "article" this is really clickbait cringe type stuff. Saying we have "interest" in him when it's just journo speculation based on the fact that we are looking for midfielders. Also if I'm not mistaken City have a buy-back clause.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2731: May 26, 2023 02:16:24 pm
      the ball is firmly in the owners court. We know the quality of the players required and we know how much they will cost ....over to Boston then.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,138 posts | 1193 
      Reply #2732: May 26, 2023 02:16:48 pm
      Lall you are all over it today fella, we need you in our midfield, nobody would ever escape your attention
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2733: May 26, 2023 02:26:28 pm
      Lall you are all over it today fella, we need you in our midfield, nobody would ever escape your attention

I’m certainly cheap 😁
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2734: May 26, 2023 03:33:39 pm
      Yes - name a time when we “had” to sell to buy a player ?

Coutinho wanted to leave so the club sold him and then used the money to improve the squad

Well genius we havnt sold anyone for big bucks since , and coincidentally we Haven’t bought anyone for big bucks either , you can’t prove your theory same as I can’t prove mine , keep on plugging the fsg dream fella
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2735: May 26, 2023 03:35:52 pm
      Well genius we havnt sold anyone for big bucks since , and coincidentally we Haven’t bought anyone for big bucks either , you can’t prove your theory same as I can’t prove mine , keep on plugging the fsg dream fella

Was Nunez not big bucks 🤷‍♂️ our record signing
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2736: May 26, 2023 03:44:44 pm
      Was Nunez not big bucks 🤷‍♂️ our record signing
      Well depending where you look some say Virgil cost more either way it’s close , I’ve been down this road you think this team and manager has been properly backed I certainly don’t , but what I think dosent matter , though you could certainly have a word with your mucker JWH .

Quick Reply