Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Scouting talk

Read 310568 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Scouting talk
      Reply #2852: Jun 01, 2023 06:40:40 pm
      Christ you must be bored spouting all this sh*te   :lmao: Just hold your tongue about us skunking 85 million on Maguire, many of you lot saying the same about your 85 million dollar man.     ;D

Who is that Keith I thought you meant Nunez at first but then he cost 64m so can't be him
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2853: Jun 01, 2023 07:08:46 pm
      Who is that Keith I thought you meant Nunez at first but then he cost 64m so can't be him

;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2854: Jun 02, 2023 03:53:06 am
      I've seen you mention Bellingham as a transformational player, or similar a few times now mate.

He looks a class player but is there any guarantee he would have been that one player who would transform this side?

I'm not totally convinced and the way we weem to be approaching things, buying 2/3 players to transform the midfield, she's a much better option

Yes I believe heā€™s going to be that good. Thatā€™s my opinion, others donā€™t agree and thatā€™s fine. When Thiago was at his best for us the year we chased the quad, we were night and day when he played. Thatā€™s something weā€™ve missed this year. Bellingham would be that player and more in my opinion. Doesnā€™t matter, we will never know now so Iā€™ll keep an open mind to the business Klopp does.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2855: Jun 02, 2023 03:55:52 am
      So if we get good players in this window it will only be "because FSG had to. ? That is a preemptive disavowal of any idea that the ownership did something good?
      Why are you so concerned with the perception of ownership ā€œDoing something good (or bad)ā€?

I seriously donā€™t get why people get so butt hurt when supporters are asking more of the owners than they are giving. Itā€™s like some of you take it as a personal affront.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2856: Jun 02, 2023 05:06:30 am
      I'm away at training atm, and my 10 year old calls me each day and we talk about possible transfers. He said today he wanted Rice, then he ask me who I wanted. I told him I wanted to do our best to create the midfield we had 4 years ago. I told him we didn't need huge stars like Rice who would cost 100 mil, but rather guys who could create a togetherness in the middle of the park.

Hendo wasn't a superstar, Fab had his limitations, Gini wasn't sought after by everyone. None of these dudes really wowed you on paper, but together they were some midfield. We will recreate this again. I'm exited for it
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2857: Jun 02, 2023 08:38:30 am
      I've seen you mention Bellingham as a transformational player, or similar a few times now mate.

He looks a class player but is there any guarantee he would have been that one player who would transform this side?

I'm not totally convinced and the way we weem to be approaching things, buying 2/3 players to transform the midfield, she's a much better option

Looking at  the possible funds available Liverpool went down the right path not buying Bellingham. Thereā€™s no doubt heā€™d make a big difference to any side but 3 or 4 signings given your midfield problems was the right way to go.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #2858: Jun 02, 2023 09:19:53 am

I'm coming around to this way of thinking now - that 2-3 midfielders is the way to go. What hurts though is the fact we didn't sign a midfielder in two consecutive summers to 'wait for Bellingham'. If walking away from Jude was on the table then we should have signed midfielders last year and the year before. If we'd have done so we might have finished in the top 4 this season and dare I say we might have won the league last season (our results improved 10 fold when Thiago came back into the side and a similar midfielder fit for the first half of the season could have seen us pick up more points).
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #2859: Jun 02, 2023 09:47:46 am
      I'm coming around to this way of thinking now - that 2-3 midfielders is the way to go. What hurts though is the fact we didn't sign a midfielder in two consecutive summers to 'wait for Bellingham'. If walking away from Jude was on the table then we should have signed midfielders last year and the year before. If we'd have done so we might have finished in the top 4 this season and dare I say we might have won the league last season (our results improved 10 fold when Thiago came back into the side and a similar midfielder fit for the first half of the season could have seen us pick up more points).

When you stand still in this league you go backwards very quickly. Something this club just fails to understand. Miles beind city now and United have executed 40+ point swing on us. And if they sign kane and Rice and Newcastle make their splash this summer as expected then its a struggle next season as well.

It's not just the midfield that needs addressing. Our defence is pathetic and it wouldn't bother me if all our centre backs were moved on. None are good enough and yes that includes van dijk. Let's not hide from that. We need a right back as well if trent going into midfield.

We need someone to cover salah ...if something happens to him we are mid table at best. We need a replacement for Bobby. Mane is the solution to both ... but we will just spite ourselves there because we're so good we can do that can't we. Nunez isn't and never will be the answer. Injury prone, no game intellegence ... not good enough.

We're not fixing all these issues in one summer sadly. Anyone who thinks a couple of midfielders puts us right back in it are just kidding themselves. Our first 11 is seriously lacking ... and our squad ... that's another story.

4 players , 3 internationals, 2 in their 20s and one at 30 leaving for free. What professional outfit works like this. Abysmal.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2860: Jun 02, 2023 11:55:15 am
      Would you take Mane back? I would 10000000%!!!
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #2861: Jun 02, 2023 12:21:47 pm

With the attacking option we have now I donā€™t see the need for him, plus I feel like he ran its course now. We parted with him at the best time. We need to move on now
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2862: Jun 02, 2023 12:46:21 pm

Nope - moved on now , on very high wages

We have plenty of options for the front 3 now
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2863: Jun 02, 2023 02:11:11 pm
      Nope - moved on now , on very high wages

We have plenty of options for the front 3 now

In my opinion we still lack adequate backup in RW, which is a position Mane plays.

That said, still a pass on him. We're simply not going to carry 6 forwards plus Mane would want big wages too which would not make sense for a backup role.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2864: Jun 02, 2023 05:30:28 pm
      In my opinion we still lack adequate backup in RW, which is a position Mane plays.

That said, still a pass on him. We're simply not going to carry 6 forwards plus Mane would want big wages too which would not make sense for a backup role.

He spent 99% of his time playing from the left , the 1% was through the middle

We have 5 main forwards plus the likes of Doak and Gordan coming through
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2865: Jun 02, 2023 05:52:28 pm
      He spent 99% of his time playing from the left , the 1% was through the middle

We have 5 main forwards plus the likes of Doak and Gordan coming through

But he was a RW in Soton so he knows how to play the position and be good there. Regardless, it would make no sense to bring him back. I would like to see Doak and Gordon get minutes during Cups.
      7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #2866: Jun 02, 2023 10:30:36 pm

Knowing how frugal FSG are with the figures . . .

According to reported wages we are saving approximately Ā£26 Million on wages from the departing Bobby, Milly, Naby and Ox.
      FSG net spend on transfers annually is normally Ā£25 Million.
      We might sell Philips for Ā£10-Ā£15 Million. I don't think JĆ¼rgen will get rid of anyone else. He likes the unity of the squad.
      Maybe Carvalho will go on loan.

So that gives them around approximately Ā£65 Million to play with. 

I think we are looking at 2 midfielders and a utility defender.
      And even that is going to be considered a big overspend by FSG.

Unless we announce a new sponsor and new investment soon.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2867: Jun 02, 2023 11:46:08 pm
      Knowing how frugal FSG are with the figures . . .

According to reported wages we are saving approximately Ā£26 Million on wages from the departing Bobby, Milly, Naby and Ox.
      FSG net spend on transfers annually is normally Ā£25 Million.
      We might sell Philips for Ā£10-Ā£15 Million. I don't think JĆ¼rgen will get rid of anyone else. He likes the unity of the squad.
      Maybe Carvalho will go on loan.

So that gives them around approximately Ā£65 Million to play with. 

I think we are looking at 2 midfielders and a utility defender.
      And even that is going to be considered a big overspend by FSG.

Unless we announce a new sponsor and new investment soon.
      It will be more than that. Prolly around the 100-120 mark.

If the right deal comes in for Matip or Thiago I bet we take it too. Phillips probably leaves. I also forsee Kellher leaving for around 15-20 mil.

This is a big summer and we know we have to spend to rebuild. We will.

Mac
      Kone
      3rd midfield option
      Van De Ven
      Back up keeper. I bet this move comes from a Germany. Will either be a youngster with promise or a move like we made in the 19/20 season (seasoned back up like Adrian)

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2868: Jun 03, 2023 12:20:06 am
      It will be more than that. Prolly around the 100-120 mark.

If the right deal comes in for Matip or Thiago I bet we take it too. Phillips probably leaves. I also forsee Kellher leaving for around 15-20 mil.

This is a big summer and we know we have to spend to rebuild. We will.

Mac
      Kone
      3rd midfield option
      Van De Ven
      Back up keeper. I bet this move comes from a Germany. Will either be a youngster with promise or a move like we made in the 19/20 season (seasoned back up like Adrian)

At least one defender will come in guaranteed maybe even two
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2869: Jun 03, 2023 01:44:20 am
      Why are you so concerned with the perception of ownership ā€œDoing something good (or bad)ā€?

I seriously donā€™t get why people get so butt hurt when supporters are asking more of the owners than they are giving. Itā€™s like some of you take it as a personal affront.

But your post wasn't about "doing more," it was about motive "only because they had to" as in , "they don't really want to do good things for the club. You are the one making it personal, about them, trying to preemptively undermine it if they happen to do something good (or more).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2870: Jun 03, 2023 02:52:01 am
      At least one defender will come in guaranteed maybe even two
      Prolly right, that's why listed Van de Ven. I'd like to see the other be an established RB. Then you'd only need 2 MF players 😉
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2871: Jun 03, 2023 12:55:16 pm
      Sweet looks like Mount is going to the Mancs was worried we were interested.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2872: Jun 03, 2023 01:23:52 pm
      Sweet looks like Mount is going to the Mancs was worried we were interested.

This is how I feel about Matheus Nunes -- I really hope we swerve that one....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2873: Jun 03, 2023 02:09:37 pm
      This is how I feel about Matheus Nunes -- I really hope we swerve that one....

Of course we will he's even worse than Mount.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2874: Jun 03, 2023 02:19:00 pm
      Of course we will he's even worse than Mount.

I think Mount is a good player but I feel like we should be targeting better.

Quick Reply