Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      13 (13.7%)
      Ozan Kabak
      18 (18.9%)
      Nat Phillips
      42 (44.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      4 (4.2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      10 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Mar 19, 2021 10:06:20 pm

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5135 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,287 posts | 2005 
      Re: Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #450: Mar 15, 2021 11:25:46 pm
      We can only climb back into the top 4 race 1 win at a time. Need to keep players healthy over the break and hopefully do some good work in training to sharpen both attack and defence. We won the game which is the main thing, but it's not like we were airtight in the back or anything - definitely could have conceded on another night. We also created a set of decent chances, but the finishing needs improving as well.

But like I said, job done and all that. There should be some lifting of moods after Budapest and tonight.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #451: Mar 15, 2021 11:43:27 pm
      We can only climb back into the top 4 race 1 win at a time. Need to keep players healthy over the break and hopefully do some good work in training to sharpen both attack and defence. We won the game which is the main thing, but it's not like we were airtight in the back or anything - definitely could have conceded on another night. We also created a set of decent chances, but the finishing needs improving as well.

But like I said, job done and all that. There should be some lifting of moods after Budapest and tonight.

Maybe Jürgen can try something like this for extra motivation

firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 14 
      Reply #452: Mar 16, 2021 12:00:50 am
      Not a great performance but we got the W which is all that matters.

Thought Phillips was superb again. TAA much better tonight as was Kabak.

Thiago and Gini were poor, thought OX actually did well when he came on. Would like to see him get a few more starts think he still has something to offer this team.

Front three all did their job. A few positives overall which is something after some of the recent results.

We still have an outside shot at top 4 just need to keep grinding out those Ws.

One thing that annoys me is us continually passing the ball to the side when we are in shooting range at the edge of the area. If you dont shoot you cant score! Klopp needs to address this ASAP. So frustrating!

Cant complain too much though. 3 points in the bag + a clean sheet.

COYR
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,190 posts | 3961 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #453: Mar 16, 2021 01:00:06 am
      MIGHTY!

F**k the matrix!

Gonna win the league

And the b***ard Champion's League while we're at it

Hic...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #454: Mar 16, 2021 01:10:25 am
      ONE NAT PHILLIPS THERE'S ONLY ONE NAT PHILLIPS!!

Good win, centre-backs were superb tonight. Just need to work on that finishing.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,440 posts | 433 
      Reply #455: Mar 16, 2021 02:49:16 am
      What an ugly win. Just a hideous game to watch. However, we got 3 points, so..... Really do think we need to tell some hard truths this summer. Klopp needs to be ruthless and put his feelings to the side. Half the squad isn't good enough if you wanna contend next season and going forward.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,977 posts | 2670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #456: Mar 16, 2021 06:43:39 am
      Jota Motm for the three points. Both Nat and Kabak are growing in their position.

Brilliant game because we got what we when for.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,082 posts | 365 
      Reply #457: Mar 16, 2021 08:23:26 am
      Nat Phillips mom again - Kabak impressed also

Clean sheet and a win - very happy

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,320 posts | 2141 
      Reply #458: Mar 16, 2021 08:46:29 am
      Jota Motm for the three points. Both Nat and Kabak are growing in their position.

Brilliant game because we got what we when for.

Watching in slow motion, it was a sublime left foot finish. Commentary saying the keeper could have done better but I genuinely think he wasn’t expecting Jota to strike the ball the way he did, absolutely fantastic.
      Scottbot

• 8,407 posts | 1644 
      Reply #459: Mar 16, 2021 08:53:07 am
      I think Klopp's "3 dirty points' analogy was on the money!"

Team played well in patches but had either team been more clinical the result could have gone either of the 3 outcomes.

Positives have to be the 2 CBs who are beginning to look like a partnership, that certainly bodes well for the run in.
      Trent's form continues to improve which is so crucial, similarly Mane is playing himself into a bit of form which we desperately need.
      And Jota injects some directness and invention into our play.

The negatives for me were the midfield, those three were strong in Europe but last night Gini looked tired, Thiago always looked tired and Fab had to much to do trying to cover for Thiago.

I love the way he passes the ball (although it wasn't great last night) but i think he is too slow and immobile for the frantic pace of English football. I was relieved when Klopp made the changes in midfield. Naby has looked quite sharp the last couple of weeks so maybe we will see him a bit more after the break (unless of course he gets injured!)

Just great to get the 3 points though!
      Jimsouse67

• 6,278 posts | 910 
      Reply #460: Mar 16, 2021 09:05:12 am
      As jurgen said post match ‘dirty win’ which is exactly what it was but f**k me I’ll take another ten of those all day long.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,946 posts | 465 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #461: Mar 16, 2021 09:12:25 am
      Another win, what is the world coming to. ;D

Fantastic, just having a steady partnership of actual central defenders and a class holding midfielder makes all the difference. onwards and upwards in April.

Oh and Jota has given us another extra spark we new was missing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,691 posts | 1929 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #462: Mar 16, 2021 09:16:12 am
      Nothing wrong with winning when not playing well.

And another clean sheet

Id take 9 more 1 nils in the league, and Id take 5 1 nils in the European cup and all
      Redangel

• 6,368 posts | 664 
      Reply #463: Mar 16, 2021 09:26:39 am
      First off, glad to see the Wolves keeper is OK, looked horrendous but thank God he’s alright. We won, that’s all that matters, agree with Jürgen 3 dirty points, we’ll take that all day. A clean sheet is a big boost, Kabak and Phillips are really gelling as a partnership.
      I think there needs to be a conversation about offside, linesmen not putting flag up as soon as player is offside, caused last nights collision. The next player may not be so lucky!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,977 posts | 2670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #464: Mar 16, 2021 09:51:07 am
      Watching in slow motion, it was a sublime left foot finish. Commentary saying the keeper could have done better but I genuinely think he wasn’t expecting Jota to strike the ball the way he did, absolutely fantastic.

It was a hell of a strike but I never expect any good keeper to concede at his near post. Though, it was one sweet of a goal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,691 posts | 1929 
      Reply #465: Mar 16, 2021 10:24:48 am
      Nothing wrong with winning when not playing well.

And another clean sheet

Id take 9 more 1 nils in the league, and Id take 5 1 nils in the European cup and all

By the way Im not saying I wouldnt have a bit of a moan about us not scoring enough but Id take it 😂
      Dadorious

• 9,552 posts | 1375 
      Reply #466: Mar 16, 2021 10:35:24 am
      Need to get all the points we can and 3 against a plucky and tricky Wolves side shouldn’t be scoffed at. In terms of performance we were lackluster not in our ability to create chances, Mane could have bagged a double but it was frustrating that with our best 3 available midfielders we couldn’t muster any control. All 3 were bang average and made it a scrappy affair with getting some of the basics wrong - simple passes, tackles etc.

What really boiled my piss during the game is when your Sadio Mane bearing down in the box with a defender on the back foot you go straight at him in the box and either run around him l, through him, or have a f**king pop instead he stops and plays a flat horizontal ball to Robbo who’s cross hasn’t hit anyone in 2 months. Same as when your a Gini and your on the edge of the 18 with a few meters of real estate free between you and the nearest defender have a f**king pop. Instead he takes an additional 2 touches and lays it sidewards to someone else who also doesn’t shoot.

We aren’t the most intelligent side at times I refuse to believe that’s a coaching instruction rather a poor instinct on players behalf.

Quick edit - just seen a stat that we have scored 2 goals out of the last 70 shots -3% Grimm that.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021 10:51:15 am by Dadorious »
      GERNS

• 9,191 posts | 832 
      Reply #467: Mar 16, 2021 11:05:22 am
      I agree our CBs done well last night, but with Wolves having three free headers, which thankfully went to Alison, or over the bar.
      Who went missing for that to happen, the CBs can’t mark everyone !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #468: Mar 16, 2021 11:25:38 am
      We were far from our best but we still best a much improved Wolves side, that is very encouraging.
      Midfield was crap yesterday and forwards still sloppy but I'm encouraged for the run in, top 4 is still very possible.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,636 posts | 37 
      Reply #469: Mar 16, 2021 11:34:18 am
      deffo something going on Mane should have gone down for a penalty and just then a first time pass would have put Mo in

There could defo be something in this conspiracy theory.The more you watch them the more it seems they are not keen to put each other “in”.Also could Sadio be staying on his feet ( unusually) so Mo doesn’t get his pen ? If there were to be any truth in above, one of them would have to go methinks.☹️
      Brown1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #470: Mar 16, 2021 12:21:36 pm
      It was a very nervous performance that was initiated by our keeper from the minute go! However, the three points were very welcoming thanks to Jota, who he is getting sharper.
      The best players were Thiago, Jota, Fabinho, Trent, and the superb Phillips. 

The World star Salah wasn't in it at all, and this is not new, he was awful, lightweight, can't dribble, and then dive! our clever Klopp who intends to build a new team around that shitty player, f**king madness. Salah's only contribution his involvement in the incident that led to the awful injury to Wolves' keeper.

The team performance needs to improve ten folds before moving up the league table.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #471: Mar 16, 2021 12:26:42 pm
      It was a very nervous performance that was initiated by our keeper from the minute go! However, the three points were very welcoming thanks to Jota, who he is getting sharper.

The World star Salah wasn't in it at all, and this is not new, he was awful, lightweight, can't dribble, and then dive! our clever Klopp who intends to build a new team around that shitty player, f**king madness. Salah's only contribution his involvement in the incident that led to the awful injury to Wolves' keeper.

The team performance needs to improve ten folds before moving up the league table.

Thaigo best player, you must be kidding, he was awful last night and Fabinho was off his normal game as well. In fact the entire midfield had a very average night.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,636 posts | 37 
      Reply #472: Mar 16, 2021 12:36:30 pm

"Best player Thiago" You must be on drugs...Total liability imho.Some of his stupid fouls wouldn't be seen in Sunday morning football.
      Not suited to the speed and rigours of the prem.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,636 posts | 37 
      Reply #473: Mar 16, 2021 12:41:27 pm

Isn't he in the Welsh squad ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,691 posts | 1929 
      Reply #474: Mar 16, 2021 12:51:20 pm