Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      13 (13.7%)
      Ozan Kabak
      18 (18.9%)
      Nat Phillips
      42 (44.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      4 (4.2%)
      Thiago Alcantara
      3 (3.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      10 (10.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (4.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.1%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby KeĂŻta
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Mar 19, 2021 10:06:20 pm

Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16739 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Mar 16, 2021 09:05:12 am
      As Jürgen said post match ‘dirty win’ which is exactly what it was but F**k me I’ll take another ten of those all day long.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #461: Mar 16, 2021 09:12:25 am
      Another win, what is the world coming to. ;D

Fantastic, just having a steady partnership of actual central defenders and a class holding midfielder makes all the difference. onwards and upwards in April.

Oh and Jota has given us another extra spark we new was missing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #462: Mar 16, 2021 09:16:12 am
      Nothing wrong with winning when not playing well.

And another clean sheet

Id take 9 more 1 nils in the league, and Id take 5 1 nils in the European cup and all
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #463: Mar 16, 2021 09:26:39 am
      First off, glad to see the Wolves keeper is OK, looked horrendous but thank God he’s alright. We won, that’s all that matters, agree with Jürgen 3 dirty points, we’ll take that all day. A clean sheet is a big boost, Kabak and Phillips are really gelling as a partnership.
      I think there needs to be a conversation about offside, linesmen not putting flag up as soon as player is offside, caused last nights collision. The next player may not be so lucky!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #464: Mar 16, 2021 09:51:07 am
      Watching in slow motion, it was a sublime left foot finish. Commentary saying the keeper could have done better but I genuinely think he wasn’t expecting Jota to strike the ball the way he did, absolutely fantastic.

It was a hell of a strike but I never expect any good keeper to concede at his near post. Though, it was one sweet of a goal.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #465: Mar 16, 2021 10:24:48 am
      Nothing wrong with winning when not playing well.

And another clean sheet

Id take 9 more 1 nils in the league, and Id take 5 1 nils in the European cup and all

By the way Im not saying I wouldnt have a bit of a moan about us not scoring enough but Id take it 😂
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #466: Mar 16, 2021 10:35:24 am
      Need to get all the points we can and 3 against a plucky and tricky Wolves side shouldn’t be scoffed at. In terms of performance we were lackluster not in our ability to create chances, Mane could have bagged a double but it was frustrating that with our best 3 available midfielders we couldn’t muster any control. All 3 were bang average and made it a scrappy affair with getting some of the basics wrong - simple passes, tackles etc.

What really boiled my piss during the game is when your Sadio Mane bearing down in the box with a defender on the back foot you go straight at him in the box and either run around him l, through him, or have a f**king pop instead he stops and plays a flat horizontal ball to Robbo who’s cross hasn’t hit anyone in 2 months. Same as when your a Gini and your on the edge of the 18 with a few meters of real estate free between you and the nearest defender have a f**king pop. Instead he takes an additional 2 touches and lays it sidewards to someone else who also doesn’t shoot.

We aren’t the most intelligent side at times I refuse to believe that’s a coaching instruction rather a poor instinct on players behalf.

Quick edit - just seen a stat that we have scored 2 goals out of the last 70 shots -3% Grimm that.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021 10:51:15 am by Dadorious »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #467: Mar 16, 2021 11:05:22 am
      I agree our CBs done well last night, but with Wolves having three free headers, which thankfully went to Alison, or over the bar.
      Who went missing for that to happen, the CBs can’t mark everyone !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #468: Mar 16, 2021 11:25:38 am
      We were far from our best but we still best a much improved Wolves side, that is very encouraging.
      Midfield was crap yesterday and forwards still sloppy but I'm encouraged for the run in, top 4 is still very possible.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #469: Mar 16, 2021 11:34:18 am
      deffo something going on Mane should have gone down for a penalty and just then a first time pass would have put Mo in

There could defo be something in this conspiracy theory.The more you watch them the more it seems they are not keen to put each other “in”.Also could Sadio be staying on his feet ( unusually) so Mo doesn’t get his pen ? If there were to be any truth in above, one of them would have to go methinks.☹️
      Brown1
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #470: Mar 16, 2021 12:21:36 pm
      It was a very nervous performance that was initiated by our keeper from the minute go! However, the three points were very welcoming thanks to Jota, who he is getting sharper.
      The best players were Thiago, Jota, Fabinho, Trent, and the superb Phillips. 

The World star Salah wasn't in it at all, and this is not new, he was awful, lightweight, can't dribble, and then dive! our clever Klopp who intends to build a new team around that shitty player, F***ing madness. Salah's only contribution his involvement in the incident that led to the awful injury to Wolves' keeper.

The team performance needs to improve ten folds before moving up the league table.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #471: Mar 16, 2021 12:26:42 pm
      It was a very nervous performance that was initiated by our keeper from the minute go! However, the three points were very welcoming thanks to Jota, who he is getting sharper.

The World star Salah wasn't in it at all, and this is not new, he was awful, lightweight, can't dribble, and then dive! our clever Klopp who intends to build a new team around that shitty player, f**king madness. Salah's only contribution his involvement in the incident that led to the awful injury to Wolves' keeper.

The team performance needs to improve ten folds before moving up the league table.

Thaigo best player, you must be kidding, he was awful last night and Fabinho was off his normal game as well. In fact the entire midfield had a very average night.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #472: Mar 16, 2021 12:36:30 pm

The World star Salah wasn't in it at all, and this is not new, he was awful, lightweight, can't dribble, and then dive! our clever Klopp who intends to build a new team around that shitty player, f**king madness. Salah's only contribution his involvement in the incident that led to the awful injury to Wolves' keeper.

"Best player Thiago" You must be on drugs...Total liability imho.Some of his stupid fouls wouldn't be seen in Sunday morning football.
      Not suited to the speed and rigours of the prem.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #473: Mar 16, 2021 12:41:27 pm

Isn't he in the Welsh squad ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #474: Mar 16, 2021 12:51:20 pm

The Bolton Baresi?? Ill have a look

No not in it, Neco and Wilson are though
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #475: Mar 16, 2021 01:22:52 pm

Please F**k off
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #476: Mar 16, 2021 01:40:28 pm
      There could defo be something in this conspiracy theory.The more you watch them the more it seems they are not keen to put each other “in”.Also could Sadio be staying on his feet ( unusually) so Mo doesn’t get his pen ? If there were to be any truth in above, one of them would have to go methinks.☹️

If this is true the Mane should be dropped and sold in the summer,no player is bigger than the club,i love Sadio but it does seem strange as in previous seasons he has gone down on with the slightest touch but this season there has been a few instances of him staying on his feet which i find bizarre,this has cost us points.The one and only reason Mo is on penalties is he's a brilliant pen taker and rarely misses.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #477: Mar 16, 2021 01:44:31 pm
      Lads leave the conspiracy theories to the blueshite.

Players don't have to go on the pitch holding hands. Take Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes for example.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #478: Mar 16, 2021 02:08:13 pm
      "Best player Thiago" You must be on drugs...Total liability imho.Some of his stupid fouls wouldn't be seen in Sunday morning football.
      Not suited to the speed and rigours of the prem.

Don't talk sh*te your as bad as him its called putting your foot in doesn't get them all right but he wins the ball back more than others wasnt his greatest game but to say is a liability  is sh*te I am afraid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #479: Mar 16, 2021 02:28:10 pm
      The only difference this time was the luck which we didn't have recently. We continue to struggle in the PL. I don't see us beating Arsenal which will seal our out-of-top4 destiny. But I can live with it. Klopp could focus on PL, FA and use Shields, Europa League for rotation.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #480: Mar 16, 2021 03:07:39 pm
      Lads leave the conspiracy theories to the blueshite.

Players don't have to go on the pitch holding hands. Take Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes for example.

aye this.  :gt-happyup:
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #481: Mar 16, 2021 03:43:49 pm
      Went with Jota motm, great goal, hit it first time as the ball come across him, like all good strikers do,no extra touch, and the timing of it was perfect,right on the stroke of half time,and because he hit it straight away, the keeper was always going to struggle to save it,even though he could have hit it a bit better.
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2021 05:58:26 pm by sebby »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #482: Mar 16, 2021 04:06:49 pm
      First of all a win thank F**k, probably the best team on the night but I have never seen a midfield give the ball away so many times we were shocking Gini and Thiago especially, but at least it's going in the tight direction, what has happened to the mentality monster that was Liverpool

Quick Reply