Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Three weeks International break

Read 9627 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Three weeks International break
      Reply #46: Mar 22, 2021 03:26:31 pm
      Kelleher out for us. Thats a few weeks now hes out. Was the nature of the injury ever released?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #47: Mar 22, 2021 03:42:19 pm

Where have I said I hate England? Again putting words in my mouth,  and once again stirring the sh*t, give yer head a wobble lad, ffs !

well perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick with this post then!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      Yep, F**k England, and I'm not saying that because I'm of a Scottish persuasion, I'm saying it because the Government,  FA, most of England especially the south and aside from fans / supporters of this club everyone else f***in hates us in particular Mancunians 😉

YNWA
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #48: Mar 22, 2021 03:43:08 pm
      Quote from weareliverpool
      That's a massive risk if he plays for Holland,no way will VVD be match fit to play that amount of games in a short space of time.Jürgen wants him to miss the euros so he can do a proper pre-season with us which i think is right.VVD needs to think with his head and not his heart.

I know fans think that players should prioritise getting ready to play Fulham and Southampton over facing France and Spain, but for players it's not that simple. The South Americans have the most demanding trips of all, but they're still willing to do it, several times a year. International travel for club and country is an unavoidable part of the job if you want to play at the highest level.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #49: Mar 22, 2021 03:47:30 pm
      Summer tournaments every couple of years are something I look forward to as they usually involve a pub.

The rest of international football is of next to no interest to me, and probably a massive ballache for all the players who probably wished they had a 'minor knock' and were ruled out.

Watching Internationals without the benefit of pints and a bit of banter, I started to notice the football was a bit, kind of sh*te.

To be fair, I think it's more a case of teams cancelling each other out, and the lack of preparation time means the players are not as at home in different systems.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #50: Mar 22, 2021 04:06:04 pm
      I know fans think that players should prioritise getting ready to play Fulham and Southampton over facing France and Spain, but for players it's not that simple. The South Americans have the most demanding trips of all, but they're still willing to do it, several times a year. International travel for club and country is an unavoidable part of the job if you want to play at the highest level.

VVD has had a long term bad injury.it's got nothing to do with prioritising club games,if he comes back for us in April playing in the first team which is unlikely then sure he should be ready for the euros otherwise it's a big risk.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #51: Mar 22, 2021 04:49:13 pm
      3 weeks will feel more like 3 months
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #52: Mar 22, 2021 09:20:07 pm
      Does anyone have a list of players who won't be involved in internationals?  I saw that TAA will not be with the England team.  I'm assuming Nat won't be going anywhere.  Anyone know about Robbo and Kabak?  What about the Brazilians -- Ali, Fab, and Bob?  It would be amazing if we could have our back 4 train together for a couple weeks to get comfortable with each other during this break.  Even better if Ali and/or Fab were able to take part.  We might be able to develop a stable defensive foundation for the run in. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #53: Mar 22, 2021 10:13:46 pm
      Does anyone have a list of players who won't be involved in internationals?  I saw that TAA will not be with the England team.  I'm assuming Nat won't be going anywhere.  Anyone know about Robbo and Kabak?  What about the Brazilians -- Ali, Fab, and Bob?  It would be amazing if we could have our back 4 train together for a couple weeks to get comfortable with each other during this break.  Even better if Ali and/or Fab were able to take part.  We might be able to develop a stable defensive foundation for the run in. 

Kabak is away with Turkey, thiago with Spain. That is the definitely not there players I know about.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #54: Mar 23, 2021 10:00:02 am
      Kabak is away with Turkey, thiago with Spain. That is the definitely not there players I know about.

Surely Robbo is with the Scottish squad, Mo, Sadio and Jota all with their national teams, I'd imagine Gini and Shaq as well, possibly Keita?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #55: Mar 23, 2021 10:58:17 am
      Surely Robbo is with the Scottish squad, Mo, Sadio and Jota all with their national teams, I'd imagine Gini and Shaq as well, possibly Keita?

Keita playing one game and then coming back Gini is and I presume Shaq and Origi
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #56: Mar 23, 2021 11:02:23 am
      And the Brazilians? Fabinho, Alisson and Firmino?

Is Henderson coming back during this period?

So we have Jones, AOC, Milner, Phillips, Trent, Origi and Adrian from 'the squad' and hopefully the Brazilians.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #57: Mar 23, 2021 11:51:51 am

Apparently it's 11 first teamers staying back and 12 off for international duty

Gini (3 matches), Thiago (3), Jota (3), Robbo (3), Kabak (3), Mane (2), Salah (2), Keita (1), Jones (3), Shaq (3), Neco (3) and Tsimikas (3).

verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #58: Mar 24, 2021 09:00:38 am
      Euro U21 starts today do we have any players in the squad coz they going to be away for a month unless they get knocked out early
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #59: Mar 24, 2021 10:03:37 am
      not sure  if Jones is in a squad. But it is strange format. Group stages are played now and knockout phase in summer. So it will be only three games as seniors in qualifications.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #60: Mar 24, 2021 01:56:59 pm
      not sure  if Jones is in a squad. But it is strange format. Group stages are played now and knockout phase in summer. So it will be only three games as seniors in qualifications.

Oh ok never knew that about it being split
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #61: Mar 24, 2021 06:14:29 pm
      Kabak and Turkey beating the Dutch 3-0 Gini booked
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #62: Mar 24, 2021 06:25:25 pm
      Kabak and Turkey beating the Dutch 3-0 Gini booked

Hes been dreadful, the whole dutch team have
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #63: Mar 24, 2021 06:38:26 pm
      Fvk me was about to post nice clean sheet for Kabak then the Dutch go and score 2 quick goals 3-2
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #64: Mar 24, 2021 06:40:38 pm
      Make that 4-2 now
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #65: Mar 24, 2021 06:55:26 pm
      I think Kabak gave a pen away at the end but Dutch miss it ended 4-2
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #66: Mar 24, 2021 07:11:06 pm
      Hes been dreadful, the whole dutch team have

Wouldn't play him against Arse let Keita start rested then for Madrid
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #67: Mar 24, 2021 07:55:37 pm
      Portugal kicked off 10 mins ago Jota on the bench
      And debut for 18 year old Left back Nuno Mendes which we are looking at quite few clubs looking at him.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #68: Mar 24, 2021 08:38:17 pm
      Harry Wilson got a good goal for Wales

Quick Reply