Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Villa [Premier League] Sat 11th Dec @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 8th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W10 D2 L8

Keep Tories out of Liverpool

Read 887 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 389 posts | 36 
      Keep Tories out of Liverpool
      Mar 21, 2021 07:26:32 pm
      The Government is planning on sending in people unelected to run the Council there, sounds sinister but please keep them out Liverpool, it's outrageous!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Keep Tories out of Liverpool
      Reply #1: Mar 21, 2021 08:17:10 pm
      The Government is planning on sending in people unelected to run the Council there, sounds sinister but please keep them out Liverpool, it's outrageous!

So you'd rather have a completely corrupt council running things? Apparently this report on Liverpool council is very damning.

I do get your point about not wanting government taking over local affairs though, that part is a bit sinister.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,608 posts | 5701 
      Reply #2: Mar 22, 2021 02:07:18 pm

Corrupt council, corrupt government, corrupt politicians. 

Laughed when I read the report that Robert Jenrick was thinking of taking charge.  Sit next to him at a swanky dinner for 10 minutes and you'll find a tax bill of tens of milions disappear.

Majority of people running local authorities are civil servants anyway.  I'm sure that there are some bad eggs on the council (and most councils) but I'd imagine the most effective way for them to be dealt with is for the police to amass evidence and if found prosecute them and replace councillors, or mayors, with other locally elected people.

Last I heard there was one person on the council who had been arrested so until more are then there can't be enough evidence for wholescale corruption.

Be bad news if the Everton project is involved in all of this though.  As much as I'd laugh at their stadium plans going up the swanny it is still an area that would benefit from development and the jobs etc that would go alongside it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #3: Mar 22, 2021 03:12:07 pm
      Corrupt council, corrupt government, corrupt politicians. 

Laughed when I read the report that Robert Jenrick was thinking of taking charge.  Sit next to him at a swanky dinner for 10 minutes and you'll find a tax bill of tens of milions disappear.

Majority of people running local authorities are civil servants anyway.  I'm sure that there are some bad eggs on the council (and most councils) but I'd imagine the most effective way for them to be dealt with is for the police to amass evidence and if found prosecute them and replace councillors, or mayors, with other locally elected people.

Last I heard there was one person on the council who had been arrested so until more are then there can't be enough evidence for wholescale corruption.

Be bad news if the Everton project is involved in all of this though.  As much as I'd laugh at their stadium plans going up the swanny it is still an area that would benefit from development and the jobs etc that would go alongside it.

The city's rejection of the establishment and all that entails has been grotesquely interpreted into a charter for self-serving individuals such as Hatton and allegedly Anderson to milk the system and hoodwink the electorate.
      The very same chicanery is practised in the halls of power in Whitehall by those with infinitely  more responsibly and influence, corruption  apparently has no political divide.

Any construction be it a stadium or a fish market would be a welcome entity for job creation and long term benefit to the surrounding area, any odour from such a project would hopefully be just about bearable.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2021 03:17:18 pm by stuey »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,923 posts | 2459 
      Reply #4: Mar 24, 2021 02:06:31 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #5: Mar 24, 2021 02:23:52 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 33,770 posts | 5848 
      Reply #6: Mar 27, 2021 11:11:09 am
      So you'd rather have a completely corrupt council running things? Apparently this report on Liverpool council is very damning.

I do get your point about not wanting government taking over local affairs though, that part is a bit sinister.

Especially when cu*ts like Hancock should be getting investigated themselves for just handing out PPE contracts to his ex local pub landlord!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,699 posts | 3593 
      Reply #7: Mar 27, 2021 11:39:53 am
      Especially when cu*ts like Hancock should be getting investigated themselves for just handing out PPE contracts to his ex local pub landlord!!

Like using a f**king wolf instead of a border collie..
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2021 11:50:20 am by stuey »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4852 
      Reply #8: May 18, 2021 10:34:35 pm
      you really need to find out what has been going on in LCC over the past decade to understand how the City has been betrayed.
      Dont give a f**k about Hancock or PPe I care about the City being bled dry by people who think its their for the taking. You need to read more about the damage that has been done and the money wasted.

Quick Reply