Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Reds drawn against Madrid in CL Quarters

Read 8761 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Reds drawn against Madrid in CL Quarters
      Reply #46: Mar 19, 2021 01:50:57 pm
      Full strength and playing well I think we would have had a good chance. At the moment i can't see us doing it. Hope i am wrong
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #47: Mar 19, 2021 01:58:08 pm
      Oh I want Ramos playing so he can have the same look as Messi and Suarez did when we fu**ed Barca up!

Won't be the same without a full Anfield, we'd of tortured that c**t Ramos. Mo should be going all out to batter these on his own!!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #48: Mar 19, 2021 02:01:48 pm
      Won't be playing at the Bernabou as well apparently
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #49: Mar 19, 2021 02:02:24 pm
      YES, Hes due back Early April, thats info on the injury websites.

Thought Mid April think both games might come to soon
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Mar 19, 2021 02:08:06 pm
      Chuffed tae F**k with that draw, we owe these cu*ts big style,  apart from calamitous Karius and that c**t Ramos taking Salah out I reckon we would have done them and we'd be chasing No8 rather than No7, Karma has a strange way of biting yer arse, and their due a good Bite from us !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #51: Mar 19, 2021 02:09:10 pm
      Won't be playing at the Bernabou as well apparently

They play currenty at their reserve team's ground named after Alfredo Di Stefano
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #52: Mar 19, 2021 02:13:32 pm
      Chuffed tae f**k with that draw, we owe these cu*ts big style,  apart from calamitous Karius and that C**t Ramos taking Salah out I reckon we would have done them and we'd be chasing No8 rather than No7, Karma has a strange way of biting yer arse, and their due a good Bite from us !

If not for that thundercunt Ramos there is no way we lose that game. The way Salah played that year he was absolutely unstoppable and losing him like that certainly deflates a team. That game is also a reason i never want to see Coutinho taint the red shirt ever again. If that fuckface hadn't pushed his out way out of the team we would have had much better options off the bench to partially offset Salah's injury by putting Phil on left, Bobby center and Mane right but instead we had Adam Lallana come off the bench.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #53: Mar 19, 2021 03:17:45 pm
      Would be a nice time for a bit of payback
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #54: Mar 19, 2021 03:43:15 pm
      No pay back talk, go there do a professional job & live rent free in their heads for a few years..
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: Mar 19, 2021 03:54:40 pm
      Will take that, Madrid.
      Won't take much to motivate the lads for this one :)
      Hopefully by then we'll be motoring a bit better.
      F***ing pile of cheating diving shysters.
      And we OWE the mothers bigtime into the bargain.
      Can't wait :)
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #56: Mar 19, 2021 04:14:27 pm
      Completely forgot about the draw so only just seen it. Real Madrid, delighted with that, we’ll go into the game with our eyes wide open to their tactics, I just pray we get a strong fair minded ref.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Mar 19, 2021 04:31:20 pm
      If not for that thundercunt Ramos there is no way we lose that game. The way Salah played that year he was absolutely unstoppable and losing him like that certainly deflates a team. That game is also a reason i never want to see Coutinho taint the red shirt ever again. If that fuckface hadn't pushed his out way out of the team we would have had much better options off the bench to partially offset Salah's injury by putting Phil on left, Bobby center and Mane right but instead we had Adam Lallana come off the bench.

And still, two of their goals were absolute gifts from our goalkeeper. Not that I'm still unhappy about it or anything....

weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #58: Mar 19, 2021 04:41:40 pm
      This is why you watch Champions League, two royalty of clubs going at each other, maybe not at their strongest, but still a glamorous occasion, just glad Bale is on English ground this time round, still have nightmares of that goal.

The feeling that night was of disbelief,Real Madrid were gifted the trophy after a fantastic run to the final,i have never felt as bad as that after a Liverpool game,a close second was Arsenal in 89 at Anfield.

A great draw and Bayern in the final for Jürgen to get revenge for 2013 and more Turkish delight,COYR.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #59: Mar 19, 2021 04:55:08 pm
      First leg on Tuesday 6th so presume Arsenal game will have to be moved to Saturday 3rd
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: Mar 19, 2021 05:35:29 pm
      The feeling that night was of disbelief,Real Madrid were gifted the trophy after a fantastic run to the final

Don't care if this sounds unfair, but Karius basically handed it to them. Horrendous performance. That after Mo was wrestled to the ground and injured in the process. Such an anticlimax of a final.
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #61: Mar 19, 2021 05:56:45 pm
      There are six matches between now and the first leg of the simifinals. Six matches for Phillips and Kabak to become more familiar with one another as a pairing. If they progress half as much in those matches as we have seen in the first two they played together, we will have as good a chance as any to win it all.

Assuming they both play these next six that will be 8 matches in a row as a pair.   Have we had the same centerback pairing  8 times in a row any time this season? 
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #62: Mar 19, 2021 06:02:19 pm
      I like the draw, I enjoy playing other big clubs though like ourselves be seen as a wounded side and it would be nice to get some revenge. Also put side of the draw with Chelsea/Porto waiting gives us a good opportunity to make a run to the final if we find a good run of form.

Really looking forward to it and it is a shame Anfield won't be rocking and giving it to Ramos every chance.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #63: Mar 19, 2021 06:31:53 pm
      As bad as karius was for that game if VAR was around then Ramos would have been sent off for assaulting karius in the first place.

It was a game where our flaws in the squad were punished. The weakest links were found out. This year it’s our centre backs who are the weakest links. So we will see.

I still think we will have enough to beat them. As long as we start jota and salah starts passing to mane.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #64: Mar 19, 2021 08:08:15 pm
      There are six matches between now and the first leg of the simifinals. Six matches for Phillips and Kabak to become more familiar with one another as a pairing. If they progress half as much in those matches as we have seen in the first two they played together, we will have as good a chance as any to win it all.

Assuming they both play these next six that will be 8 matches in a row as a pair.   Have we had the same centerback pairing  8 times in a row any time this season?

The thing is, they played against leipzig who are about mid table prem level and wolves who actually are mid table prem level. Wolves in particular have been woeful in the final third this season without jiminez and they average less than a goal per game.

I’ve seen plenty of reds get carried away with their performances but the truth is they haven’t been tested against decent opposition yet. It’s been fairly easy and straight forward for them.

Luckily for us (I think it was bri who mentioned it), we’ve got Madrid. Benzema isn’t blessed with either pace or strength particularly and I think that suits both kabak and phillips. His movement and experience, however, could be a major problem.

For Madrid, I’d be comfortable persisting with those two at centre half but if we get through and face Chelsea (presumably), and then certainly against one of those four in the final, then I think it’s a certain loss playing those two together. Fabinho would have to play next to Phillips for me.

Only time will tell and some may think I’m being harsh but I just have a bad feeling kabak especially will get found out against decent opponents. Have a horrible feeling he will have a karius type performance somewhere.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #65: Mar 19, 2021 11:59:36 pm
      Real Madrid. This is what the Champions League is all about. Never mind all the revenge crap. F**k Ramos and the rest of em.

Imagine if we had a full Bernabeu to visit and a packed Anfield for Real to tremble in. Iv a good feeling on this tie. We'll take them over two legs then we will worry about Porto or more then likely Chelsea.

But first up let's hammer Arsenal get some vibes going. YNWA
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #66: Mar 20, 2021 05:29:40 am

But it helped with getting VVD? Anyhow, I think we started on our good run, after he left.
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #67: Mar 20, 2021 08:36:02 am
      The thing is, they played against leipzig who are about mid table prem level and wolves who actually are mid table prem level. Wolves in particular have been woeful in the final third this season without jiminez and they average less than a goal per game.

I’ve seen plenty of reds get carried away with their performances but the truth is they haven’t been tested against decent opposition yet. It’s been fairly easy and straight forward for them.

Luckily for us (I think it was bri who mentioned it), we’ve got Madrid. Benzema isn’t blessed with either pace or strength particularly and I think that suits both kabak and phillips. His movement and experience, however, could be a major problem.

For Madrid, I’d be comfortable persisting with those two at centre half but if we get through and face Chelsea (presumably), and then certainly against one of those four in the final, then I think it’s a certain loss playing those two together. Fabinho would have to play next to Phillips for me.

Only time will tell and some may think I’m being harsh but I just have a bad feeling kabak especially will get found out against decent opponents. Have a horrible feeling he will have a karius type performance somewhere.

Completely agree with your post,the two CB's have done well against average opposition but against Chelsea,City,Bayern or PSG I think they would be found out!Philips is good in the air but is slow and sometimes looses his head and gets caught out of position a lot.Kabak is still unproven at this level but has potential and is improving.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #68: Mar 20, 2021 11:33:52 pm
      Completely agree with your post,the two CB's have done well against average opposition but against Chelsea,City,Bayern or PSG I think they would be found out!Philips is good in the air but is slow and sometimes looses his head and gets caught out of position a lot.Kabak is still unproven at this level but has potential and is improving.

I think you guys are doing Leipzig a huge disservice, they are more or less matching Bayern in the league, but we made them look ordinary over 2 legs.

Quick Reply