Sorry if this brings the mood down a bit but 3 questions
1) Whats his injury record like?
2) Why is he not in Leipzigs team at the moment ( is it because of question 1?)
3) If Koulibaly is supposedly available at a similar price would we not be better going for him?
1) Not the best recently. Torn muscle leg fibre in October 2019 kept him out till post lockdown games in June. Suffered an ankle injury around Christmas that's kept him out for two months. His most productive year was 2018-19, where he started all but six of the 34 league games as a 19 year old.
2) Mainly because of the above I think!
3) don't know about Koulibalys availability - Konate has a release clause of €40m
A lot of raw talent with this guy. Has got the pace to play a high line, but stats suggest he needs to work on his ball retention.
Considering how notorious we are for pulling out of deals if there's the smallest injury worry (see Fekir), we must be confident his recent injuries are not recurring/long term problems.