Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ibrahima Konate (RB Leipzig)

Read 16628 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Ibrahima Konate (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #23: Mar 29, 2021 05:50:54 pm
      Kabak or Konate not both now being touted
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2021 06:04:56 pm
      Kabak or Konate not both now being touted

If true, it's a little frustrating to hear this news coming out now.  We need Ozan to be focused and confident over the next 8+ weeks.  News of a move that would potentially kill his future with us could easily put him into a funk. 

Ideally, it would be both Kabak and Konate with Matip allowed to leave.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2021 06:08:50 pm
      If true, it's a little frustrating to hear this news coming out now.  We need Ozan to be focused and confident over the next 8+ weeks.  News of a move that would potentially kill his future with us could easily put him into a funk. 

Ideally, it would be both Kabak and Konate with Matip allowed to leave.

If this is what's coming out then the way i read it is that no one really knows. LFC is very prudent on how they handle things, and as you mention, we need Ozan fully confident and free of distractions, so i see this "one or the other" being mainly guess work.

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #26: Mar 29, 2021 06:15:18 pm
      If this is what's coming out then the way i read it is that no one really knows. LFC is very prudent on how they handle things, and as you mention, we need Ozan fully confident and free of distractions, so i see this "one or the other" being mainly guess work.

If that prudent and news coming out of Konate would still have the same outcome would it not another player in the same position he plays
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #27: Mar 29, 2021 06:22:46 pm
      If that prudent and news coming out of Konate would still have the same outcome would it not another player in the same position he plays

It's different for Kabak as he isnt' actually a LFC player yet.  He is probably hoping that he can convince us to sign him permanently in the summer.  News like this has the potential to be a real kick in the teeth and could shatter his confidence and kill his commitment to the Liverpool cause. 

It's good that we are active early and looking to make improvements to the side for next season.  I just hope this news break doesn't bite us in the ass...
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2021 06:49:38 pm
      It's different for Kabak as he isnt' actually a LFC player yet.  He is probably hoping that he can convince us to sign him permanently in the summer.  News like this has the potential to be a real kick in the teeth and could shatter his confidence and kill his commitment to the Liverpool cause. 

It's good that we are active early and looking to make improvements to the side for next season.  I just hope this news break doesn't bite us in the ass...

Yeh I agree my point is the news coming out at all and if there any truth it will affect all CBs maybe not VVD but certainly Matip , Kabak and Joe even Phillips as if he does come pretty sure he will be aiming for a starting position
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #29: Mar 29, 2021 08:02:23 pm
      Story breaking in the Athletic, maybe we will hear James Pearce later today. Edit: He is retweeting this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1376429333938573312

Ornstein on this podcast taking about the story:

The Athletic's David Ornstein joins the regular panel to bring us the latest on his exclusive story that Liverpool are finalising a deal for RB Leipzig defender Ibrahima Konate

Link to podcsst:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS9fY1kxNmU3SQ/episode/OGFiNzY4NDYtNmFkNS0xMWViLWJlOWYtZTM5ZjNmMzFkN2Rj?ep=14
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #30: Mar 30, 2021 01:13:48 am
      Already very injury prone in his young career. Talented but I dont think hes worth that kind of money considering.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #31: Mar 30, 2021 02:38:48 am
      In light of the flood of people pointing out the injury record of the lad, I have a genuine question.

Do we have anybody here on the forum with some medical knowledge or specifically medical knowledge in the field of sports that could tell us what type of injuries are indicative of being injury prone and which ones are just bad luck (assuming a broken bone after a very though chalenge is not the same as a recurring hamstring or something like that)?

I know the average sports fan will associate repeating muscle injuries with being prone to injury but I have no idea how accurate this is.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2021 09:25:52 am
      In light of the flood of people pointing out the injury record of the lad, I have a genuine question.

Do we have anybody here on the forum with some medical knowledge or specifically medical knowledge in the field of sports that could tell us what type of injuries are indicative of being injury prone and which ones are just bad luck (assuming a broken bone after a very though chalenge is not the same as a recurring hamstring or something like that)?

I know the average sports fan will associate repeating muscle injuries with being prone to injury but I have no idea how accurate this is.

No medical expert but I viewit this way

Eample 1 Joe Gomez. Not injury prone. His injuries in his career are long term and picked up in the process of playing, ligament or bone injury for example

Example 2; Keita/Matip Injury prone.That is to say cznt play more then 3 games in a row without picking up whats termed " a niggle" That is feeling of any little pain or pull in any muscle particularly groins hammers quads.

In example 2 I personally wonder how much is in the head. Feel a little strsin after kicking or running and then decide to look after themselves for a while.

I know this, no Gerry Byrnes play the game now
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2021 04:31:11 pm
      Konate-VVD would be a defensive monster. Can't wait to happen. Phillips is a decent back-up, I also hope we keep Gomez and Matip. Ozan is just too slow, kind of the same fate as Shaq. They'll never be core players in a top team. In midfield and offense I do not see the need of new players, only if Gini + Milner !!! go away.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2021 04:48:57 pm
      Konate-VVD would be a defensive monster. Can't wait to happen. Phillips is a decent back-up, I also hope we keep Gomez and Matip. Ozan is just too slow, kind of the same fate as Shaq. They'll never be core players in a top team. In midfield and offense I do not see the need of new players, only if Gini + Milner !!! go away.

What are you on about?  Kabak is easily quicker and faster than both Matip and Phillips.

Waiter -- I'll have what he's having   :cool-smiley-027:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2021 07:03:19 pm
      So which of the front 3 is off in the summer then? Mo to Madrid?

Looks promising this lad he’s injury records a bit of a downer though.

I think the insinuation is that we have to sell to buy.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2021 07:42:56 pm
      I think the insinuation is that we have to sell to buy.

For someone like Konate? no, for Mbappe/Haaland? probably yes to partially offset cost.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2021 08:06:11 pm by CT_LFC »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #37: Mar 31, 2021 02:42:48 am
      1). He had a big muscle injury last season was out for most of the season. Was out for 6 weeks this season with an ankle injury.

2). Only recently returned from injury.

3). Koulibaly will be 30 in June. Konate is only 21 so a long term signing.

ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #38: Apr 06, 2021 05:39:51 pm
      We should just buy him first and worry about the rest later. Is this our feeder club?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39: Apr 23, 2021 06:54:39 pm
      Reports claiming this is close release clause met
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 23, 2021 07:40:46 pm
      Done deal according to Fabrizio Romano 5 year contract Liverpool will pay €35m release clause..

Ticks all the boxes for me big, strong, powerful in the air, comfortable taking the ball out from the back and chips in with the odd goal aswell could be a smart bit of business
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Apr 24, 2021 10:38:37 am
      Done deal according to Fabrizio Romano 5 year contract Liverpool will pay €35m release clause..

Ticks all the boxes for me big, strong, powerful in the air, comfortable taking the ball out from the back and chips in with the odd goal aswell could be a smart bit of business

Sounds like it is done.

Will anybody notice?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #42: Apr 24, 2021 10:42:14 am
      A transfer that perhaps should have been done when Lovren went. 

Good to see it being addressed.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #43: Apr 24, 2021 01:22:53 pm
      A transfer that perhaps should have been done when Lovren went. 

Good to see it being addressed.

Disagree. What happened this season is completely unexpected and out of the norm. I think this signing means Matip is being moved on.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #44: Apr 24, 2021 01:41:43 pm
      That move should wrap it up.

In goal we have Alisson and Kelleher as back up.

In CB defense we have VVD, Konate and as back-ups Kabak/Matip/Phillips/Gomez, two of them are expendable though I'd keep Matip and Gomez and let Phillips and Kabak walk.

RB/LB are set with TAA and Robbo, Milner can always jump in as well as Tsimikas.

In midfield we have Thiago, Hendo, Fab, Keita, Jones, Ox and Milner. Plenty enough.

In offense we have our front 4 plus Shaq, Origi and Minamino.

Plus we still have some young guns that could make it to the first team!

I don't see a weakness in our squad, of course considering that we cannot use cheat modes like City or PSG, so that we cannot make sure we can cope with more than 1-2 key injuries. Far more important will be that Jürgen self-scouts his system. IMO we need to shoot more from around the box instead of always trying tiki-taka which fails 9/10, and we need a striker that can convert crosses into headers.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #45: Apr 24, 2021 04:00:16 pm
      That move should wrap it up.

In goal we have Alisson and Kelleher as back up.

In CB defense we have VVD, Konate and as back-ups Kabak/Matip/Phillips/Gomez, two of them are expendable though I'd keep Matip and Gomez and let Phillips and Kabak walk.

RB/LB are set with TAA and Robbo, Milner can always jump in as well as Tsimikas.

In midfield we have Thiago, Hendo, Fab, Keita, Jones, Ox and Milner. Plenty enough.

In offense we have our front 4 plus Shaq, Origi and Minamino.

Plus we still have some young guns that could make it to the first team!

I don't see a weakness in our squad, of course considering that we cannot use cheat modes like City or PSG, so that we cannot make sure we can cope with more than 1-2 key injuries. Far more important will be that Jürgen self-scouts his system. IMO we need to shoot more from around the box instead of always trying tiki-taka which fails 9/10, and we need a striker that can convert crosses into headers.

I still see a weakness but it's not players, it's tactics.

Quick Reply