Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Ibrahima Konate (RB Leipzig)

Read 16652 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Ibrahima Konate (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #46: Apr 24, 2021 07:28:46 pm
      Disagree. What happened this season is completely unexpected and out of the norm. I think this signing means Matip is being moved on.

Joel will still be here next season. Our 4 CBs will be Virgil, Joe, Konate and Matip, so long as the three injured players are able to return to action.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #47: Apr 24, 2021 07:56:27 pm
      Sounds a good player. We need somebody quick. i would give Kabak a miss for that reason, although I like him otherwise.

Konate's injury record is a bit of a worry though. Surprised we are taking the chance on that to be honest, given our injury probs for the other 3 this season. Can only assume/hope our medical people really do their due diligence on him.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #48: Apr 24, 2021 08:01:21 pm
      Joel will still be here next season. Our 4 CBs will be Virgil, Joe, Konate and Matip, so long as the three injured players are able to return to action.

Could be. I’m a big Joel fan but the guy is softer than warm butter.

If Matip does stay then I believe that means Zabak’s option doesn’t get triggered and go with Nat/Fab as 5 and 6 options.

However, imo, i prefer also getting Kabak since we can cover a large portion of his fee with a sale of Matip and that way we continue building towards the next generation of CBs with Gomez, Konate and Kabak.
      « Last Edit: Apr 24, 2021 08:06:23 pm by CT_LFC »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #49: Apr 24, 2021 08:15:05 pm
      I can't say I've watched the guy a lot but I'm reading good things about him. One interesting attribute is how quick he is which is really an important trait of any quality center-back nowadays. The amount of time VVD will correct a situation by keeping up pace with the opponent is not to be underestimated

It will be interesting to see what happens with Kabak. I think he definitely can become a quality centerback especially onces he's playing alongside established partners like Gomez, VVD or Matip. I wonder what's the plan especially when you consider that there's 1 year left on Matip's contract. I can't bring myself to think that we are looking to extend Matip's. I mean we are either trying to sell him or we're willing to run the clock down on his contract, but I dont see us extending it.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #50: Apr 24, 2021 09:33:44 pm

If that's the case gotta feel sorry for Kabak who has done well. We've got a great song for him too. Hopefully he can get a good move after his performances for us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #51: Apr 24, 2021 11:21:13 pm
      If that's the case gotta feel sorry for Kabak who has done well. We've got a great song for him too. Hopefully he can get a good move after his performances for us.

Love to read the words to the song mate

Kabak is growing, him and Konate in be the ideal
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Apr 24, 2021 11:32:22 pm
      Reckon both will sign
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #53: Apr 25, 2021 02:13:43 am

I agree with that. At this point I'd keep Matip for the last year if we can't find a sell for him. Unfortunately, I think the odd one out would be Phillips. I reckon Kabak would be closer to Philips type of wage than he would be to Matip's so thats a one for one on the wage bill if we want to think about it this way. Kabak in Philips out. Plus I think Philips did well enough that we would be able to sell him at a decent price (maybe even in the PL). I can see him fitting one of the mid table teams who like to sit deep and don't require of their center halves to cover lots of ground on the counters.

If we have can't find a buyer for Matip, I'm good with keeping him for the final year on his contract. I've always liked the center-back (and the guy) and if he stayed healthy I think he would've benched Gomez because whenever he managed a little stretch of games with VVD they were deadly. Both tall, fast, strong and very good in the air + VVD instantly adds 25-30% of quality to the guy who plays beside him. All in all we'll probably be rotating that CB pairing early in the season next year because both our main guys are coming for horrid injuries and we'll need the quality depth in order to hit the ground running. VVD, Gomez, Konate, Kabak and Matip sounds great to me. Maybe by the time next season is over and Matip is moving on one of Koumetio and Van Den Berg has started to gather enough experience to be thrown as the 5th guy.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #54: Apr 25, 2021 09:04:03 am
      Kabak will definately sign perfect FSG 18 m for  kid who is already an international  , experienced in highest league and has potential
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #55: Apr 25, 2021 09:09:36 am

https://youtu.be/mfVDkVSGIv4
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #56: Apr 25, 2021 09:17:34 am

Anfield will be bouncing when that is sung ... love it..
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #57: Apr 25, 2021 09:19:00 am
      Yes mate.

Catchy wee number.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,952 posts | 8458 
      Reply #58: Apr 25, 2021 01:38:47 pm
      Joel will still be here next season.

Shouldn't be though. Needs binning off with that injury record. Just can't be trusted to last more than 45 minutes without going off with a knock.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,952 posts | 8458 
      Reply #59: Apr 25, 2021 01:40:08 pm

Posted a vid in video thread of it actually being sung by fans rather than a band!!  ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #60: Apr 25, 2021 01:40:55 pm
      Shouldn't be though. Needs binning off with that injury record. Just can't be trusted to last more than 45 minutes without going off with a knock.

He 100% can’t be trusted
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #61: Apr 25, 2021 03:35:51 pm
      Posted a vid in video thread of it actually being sung by fans rather than a band!!  ;)

Seen that one the other day mate but that band one was the first one that popped up when I googled it so just fired it in 🤣
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #62: Apr 25, 2021 06:57:33 pm
      Have watched a bit of Konate, not that sure about him tbh, but Jürgen knows what he's at.
      Will Nat stay - I'd deffo keep him. Got great experience this season.
      Williams is miles away.
      Davies is a rumour.
      Kabak - not sure - not dominant in the air, and not as quick as some - but is young and an Intl already. After buying Konate would we spend 18mill more on a CB ? If he stays, would be the end of Matip I guess. 
      Do like Joel when fit, which is almost never - might pull in a few bob for him [someone bought Studge so you never know]
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #63: Apr 25, 2021 07:52:42 pm

Unless we find someone on a free to replace him, I expect he will stay.

I would really like to see us get a midfielder who is truly tireless in the press. A younger version of Milner who just closes down back line players early in the game and  anyone who might try to serve a ball into the box later in the game. Obviously that can't be his only quality, but I would like to see someone who brings that to the table.

Do you think Keita, Ox, Shaq and Origi will all be on their way?
      LiverpoolReds90
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #64: Apr 25, 2021 11:33:21 pm
      decent signing hopefully he stays out of injury trouble.. has potential thats for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #65: Apr 26, 2021 12:16:47 am
      I really rate Konate I think he's one of the best young CB's in the world and definitely better than Upamecano.

But I am worried about his injury record for such a young age as well as our track record of signing injury prone players.

Hopefully he will stay fit and healthy with us I have very high hopes.

If we sign both Konate and Kabak we will be extremely strong defensively next season there can be no excuses not to seriously challenge for the title again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #66: Apr 26, 2021 10:34:12 pm
      Would be a great signing. Allow us go 3 at the back and can play right full as well.

Hopefully we get this done. Might spell the end of Ben Davies though
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #67: Apr 26, 2021 10:47:42 pm
      Would be a great signing. Allow us go 3 at the back and can play right full as well.

Hopefully we get this done. Might spell the end of Ben Davies though

I imagine Davies and Phillips will both go out on loan next season.

Davies may end up sold before ever playing a second of first team football for us.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #68: May 04, 2021 02:10:29 pm
      I really rate Konate I think he's one of the best young CB's in the world and definitely better than Upamecano.

But I am worried about his injury record for such a young age as well as our track record of signing injury prone players.

Hopefully he will stay fit and healthy with us I have very high hopes.

If we sign both Konate and Kabak we will be extremely strong defensively next season there can be no excuses not to seriously challenge for the title again.

I agree we will be strong defensively on paper if these two come in and Joe and VVD are healthy. However, we gotta do better in front of goal than we have this season if we wanna compete. Definitely think we need an attacking signing as well.

Quick Reply